Moving to college soon; Questions about vpn's and torrenting

Hi. I will be moving into an out-of-state university soon and I will be spending my first year there living in the dorm.

For the past 10+ years of my life I've been able to pirate things at home with no worries about the cyber police knocking on my door, but living in a dorm and using someone else's internet, well, that's just asking for trouble.

My fear is that one day at the college I will torrent something and the college's isp will alert them that so and so is pirating and I will get kicked out. I don't want that to happen.

So my questions are:
1. Will a vpn hide all activities to the college's isp?
2. What is a good vpn for less than $15 a month?

Other urls found in this thread:

mullvad.net/en/
cryptostorm.is/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you're retarded if you don't understand how P2P software works

yes but the VPN then sees all activity so you need a trustworthy one.

not hidemyass.com

>>>/scurv/

thanks user. all the answers to my questions should be here.

You could always pirate at public wifi places in parts for a extra level of safety, though it will take considerably longer.
Wouldn't get caught, wouldn't get expelled.

Better pirate everything you want before you move in, or get someone else to pirate it for you and upload it on mega.

nordvpn is pretty good in my experience. don't use their client, just use openvpn with their configs. i think i paid like $35 for two years on a holiday special once.

I highly doubt they would kick you out for torrenting something.

Anyways speaking of torrents I have heard good things about softether which is run by a university in Japan. Does anyone know any more about it? It is a free one so take that into consideration.

Enjoy ruining every aspect of your life especially economically. Enjoy living the rest of your life in regret that you didn't just learn a trade.

Enjoy your brainwashing and debts

In the end, this

Whenever I looked at lolicon doushjins the ISP company would always cut my landlords connection for a few days. Pretty funny.
*don't ever go to canada*

You just want him expelled, don’t you?

mullvad.net/en/
cryptostorm.is/

No logs, heavy cryptographic protection, state-of-the-art security. I use both.

Heh, I've heard Canada has silly laws like that. I'm a burger, so I've got muh freedums.

I'm a burger as well, I just thought it was funny at the time.

Canada here.
This guy gets it.
Nuke us, please.

But i want to go to canada.
You don't have a murder over there eveyday do you?

underage faggot

OH CANADA, OH CANADAAA