ALIENS Thread

aliensoverhaul.mattfilerfilms.co.uk/

Well this guy sure got a lot of attention.
Still sad to see people trying to polish a shit in a crappy engine that isn't even open sourced.
He can't modify level design, scripted events, mechanics, hitboxes so his modifications are superficial as hell. At most he improved the textures and lightning effects, plus the AI and damage/health stats. But nothing mind-blowingly impressive like a whole new game with new physics, hit detection, smaller character models, different movement.

Just like Minecraft's problem- you can't fix a bad cake by adding quality toppings on it, when the base is raw.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/doom-aliens-colonial-marines/videos/first-video-demo
villsa.wordpress.com/level-portfolio/aliens-colonial-marines/
mulpix.com/instagram/giger_alien_sculpture.html
gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=446012#entry4387932
forums.globalavp.com/topic/7462769/1/
gamefront.online/files/listing/pub2/Aliens-vs-Predator-2/Maps/Single_Player/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Plus the world design for AVP 2 was much more interesting.

Why not try to bring back one of the AvP games? Those were fun, I even somewhat liked the last one if it wasn't for the fact you couldn't find any goddamn matches.

I really wiah there'd be a mod for AvP2010 which lets you crouch walk, as well as remove the insta kills.

The only good game was Aliens: Infestation

Gotta play it again. It's actually one of the very few games i bought.

I would prefer the AvP games minus the Predator stuff.

The predators ended up being much creepier and threatening than the aliens, because they stole the sole role of the Alien from the first movie.

The predators appeared only a few times throughout the campaign and they were very risky to deal with, you had to save state a few times because you always risked getting plasma gunned or combi stick cloak killed. Plus their insane amounts of health.

Aliens was a mistake.

They should build on from what they started with Alien Isolation.

So seriously? You mean to tell me the fans for these fan video games are so stupid that they simply can't make a bootleg rip-off like the many other companies did? Games like Alien Breed got away without getting sued by Century Fox, why can't all the other fan games do it? Century Fox doesn't own the creepy bug alien concept goddamnit.

there was an aliens total conversion for doom that got taken down ages and ages ago, it actually might have been the first time a large company C&Ded a videogame. it actually spawned the verb "fox", as in "my mod got foxed today"

This is why companies shouldn't be allowed to completely copyright something to the point nobody is allowed to touch it for 30-100 years.

Was it the SNES Doom or the PC Doom?
moddb.com/mods/doom-aliens-colonial-marines/videos/first-video-demo

A lot of great mods, including the one in the OP.

But very few seem to go full-on "Just make game" and work a new aliens game from scratch in a good engine.

Then again there was that one alien game made in CryEngine 3, but that one was a completely HD revamp of AvP 1, instead of something new.

Found someone who worked on the level design for ACM.

villsa.wordpress.com/level-portfolio/aliens-colonial-marines/

mulpix.com/instagram/giger_alien_sculpture.html

That one and every arcade Aliens game ever released.
Even the Android one was fun to play.

It seems like the Alien franchise just has an insanely bad luck with the PC game developers.

Is this bait?

We'll never get a game based on the Colonial Marines Technical Manual.

Post that glorious shit right now and let me daydream believe, user. ;_;

First was a speedrun Quake/Doom shooter by Rebellion
Second one was some mediocre game by the cheap version of Monolith which wasn't responsible for FEAR, NOLF, Tron 2.0
Third was the neutered version of Rebellion when vidya was already going to shit. Hence that stupid "can't shoot while sprinting" mechanic and the boxing melee mechanic for the predator and alien.

Uh is this supposed to be a bad thing

AvP2 was awesome, user.

One day we will achieve the beautiful graphics from the OP, and then I'll command my own project for a genuinely good Aliens game, where you risk your entire time spent on the game blowing up your 600 billion dollar spaceship because of 1 Alien.

Ayy

no…!

Here's a good mod too. Too bad AVP2's engine and gameplay is horrid death match style.
Oh and the Killing Floor 2 mod is nice as well.

How's AVP2010 nowadays? Did they fix the balance issues and finally let you crouch down?
I know that AVP3's engine from Rebellion was far better than Colonial Marines and Isolation.
I just wish they'd release the source and editor kit just like AvP classic and Avp2 did.

gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=446012#entry4387932

forums.globalavp.com/topic/7462769/1/

gamefront.online/files/listing/pub2/Aliens-vs-Predator-2/Maps/Single_Player/

muh tentadick

If only Alien games actually tried being creative and thinking outside the box. We'd stop having so many generic shooters, walking simulators and beat em ups.

There's a superior aliens mod for ultimate doom which is newer and still being updated.

Are there any games similar to the aliens and avp franchise but which managed to be good? I can only think of Natural Selection, but that one was base defense TF2 without the survival horror.
A 3D sprite Space Station 13 with The Thing would be great.

Also goddamn that is a good looking alien. I wish the artist had made character chart of it with that level of art.

Don't forget AVP for the Atari Jaguar, it had some really nice concepts.

Life is suffering

What are some games where I can fuck a xenos?

I love this mod.

Does anyone know where I can access 8/v/'s archive for previous alien threads?

By the way the OP image isn't 2D artwork. It's an actual 3D picture of the alien queen model from Aliens.

Ah yeah the original Alien didn't hiss. It instead let off these sonar sounds which were whale sounds edited at different pitches. It made it creepy as hell.

That's actually a really good revival and lifecycle system.