Thief 1+2 really captured the Rogue/Thief character archetype perfectly

Thief 1+2 really captured the Rogue/Thief character archetype perfectly.

Are there any other games that are similarly specific with other classes? Like a Ranger/Hunter game where you track, pathfind, hunt, camp etc or a Paladin game where you infuriate the rest of your party?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/gOMNK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, Dishonored is literally about a thief/mage with a fetish for Blink.
That's all it is, really.

That's not really a specific character class at all.

You know what's sad?
Back in the days when I was a kid I'd always think
"Oh man, I can't wait for future games and all the awesome technology that's coming. With that stuff they will be able to make super awesome stealth games with super realistic AI"

Well, for a while I believed that Dishonored would be the game my childhoodself has been waiting for.

Sad isn't it?

What?
It's a hybrid character that combines two classes, every played any RPG?
They've been a thing since forever.

Mount & Blade Warband feels like playing a 2E DnD fighter somewhat

It's clearly not what I was asking about in the OP, no need to get mad.

Jesus, that pepe scared me.

Does anyone have the infographs for the best thief fan missions? I had an inkling to try them out.

What about dishonorered 2? How's that looking?

All hope is lost and can't be recovered

fuck off, gramps

I lost any hope after reading what their playtesters said.

archive.is/gOMNK

Same here. I thought they would just keep what they already have and refine it to perfection while adding more stuff to manage/play around with. Who would have thought they would choose the path of the jew and not the one of logic.

Well user, I don't know about hunters but if you want a game that has you going around an island, learning it's environment and watching out for a beast then you should try Miasmata. It is pretty great for that.

Tenchu is top tier series if you want to play as an assassin. You are pretty shit in an open fight, so you will have to pay attention to cover and choose your weapon carefully.

Heroes of Might and magic is really good if you want to play as a necromancer. I still remember the look on my friend's face when he came at my doorstep with hundreds of black dragons which were killed in one hit by ten thousand regular skeletons.

Almost, if you want to troll try the term "dadgames".

Try roleplaying a Human Purist Paladin in CoC, it works surprisingly well.

Thanks user

I think I downloaded this and lost interest after about an hour even though the premise seemed so nice.

Does it change much later in the game, or was it just not for me?

I'd start with Thief2X.

Not gonna say it's what you wanted. But it's a thing, I guess.

I genuinely thought Deus Ex was the future of gaming and we were going to enter a golden age any day now. But that was the golden age.

i want to go back

Dishonored is literally about an op thief/mage/fighter with no downsides.

Specific. Class.

To answer your question, level design is shit now because millennials can't be bothered to figure things out, remember things, experiment or explore.
If you're a child under the age of 25, it's 99% likely that you read strategy guides for games before you even play them, or follow build guides rather than engaging in character customization and figuring out what works yourself. Such people are literally cancerous growths pressed into roughly human shapes, and should kill themselves.
God damn liberals.

Be sad no more! Have you heard of Thief: The Dark Mod? It's a stand alone total conversion of Doom 3 that's basically what Thi4f should have been.

Periods. Everywhere.