Touhou Netplay #4

That last thread sure went fast. If any of you din't notice, we recently played some Touhou Hack and Slash which is a really neat diablo-clone that allows up to 8 players at once. There may also be some new games we haven't tried yet, so stick around and join in on the FUN.
I'm also not adding Detonate on Sound because 7FPS in multiplayer with 4 people is way too shitty, although someone will probably want to host it anyways

Phantasmagoria of Flower View:
Competitive Danmaku shooting game, basically you dodge bullets on your screen while trowing bombs at the opponent. May be difficult to get working online due to many bugs, but it has a good singleplayer storymode to compensate.
DL:mediafire.com/download/3gia1bwpw2z39wy/PoFV Netplay Pack.zip

Hisoutensoku + Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
Competitive 'traditional' fighting game, tons of projectiles and tons of strategies for air and ground attacks, also what most people play. For a moveset list please refer to hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki
DL:mediafire.com/download/ymrru5e0stydvst/Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku v1.10a eng patch v1.1a + 10.5 Hisouten v1.06a eng patch v1.1a + Sokuroll v1.3.rar

Urban Legend in Limbo (jap v1.11, don't update it if you want to play online):
Competitive aereal fighting game, may be hard to find someone to play with but it is guaranteed fun. May (or may not) be better at single player unlike Soku.
DL: mega.nz/#!e5wnCJzK!x0KleZvTbLLChtsOF4kd0nVX7ZbFr8a5LIEyf8Qj6mE

Meddlesome Magician 2:
'Party' game where you either race and beat the crap out of eachother in a groundcourse, fight eachother in a 4-way free for all River City Ransom-style arena or try to destroy your color-coded spirit before your opponents do the same with theirs. Tons of fun and allows for up to 4 players at once, just beware the bots are fucking bullshit strong and that you can't play a game without 4 teams, any missing players will instead be bots. Please refer to en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Daiundousai/Characters for info on how to play each character in Battle Royale as well as some general info on their stats.
DL: mega.nz/#!ldgVQR6K!PM3TblpfKqMoiV7QRK_4emj7gH-TzkknboLDDeILmig

Touhou Hack and Slash:
Basically a 2D diablo-clone with unforgiving enemies, fuckhuge randomly generated dungeons to explore and a really restrictive character selection list (that you can increase by playing on singleplayer and beating certain characters). An instant classic for multiplayer, as it allows up to 8 people at once, however it is a pain in the ass to setup and may not even work depending on how your settings are set. Make sure to set your system locale to Japanese too, as it can't run without that.
DL: mediafire.com/download/jqb59bgu2q7hb2w/Touhou Hack & Slash.7z

How to get PoFV working online:
hastebin.com/raw/uviwiyigex
And read the attached PoFV networking infographic.

How to get Soku working online:
Just run the .bat that says sokuroll, it'll start the game and you can enter the Vs Network option to play online.
Alternatively try reading this: fuwa.se/f/NzGq0z.txt

How to get ULiL working online:
There are no tools like Adonis or Roll for ULiL so it may lag like hell if you're on the other end of the globe compared to the host. That being said, it should be just as easy as going into the game's multiplayer menu and following the same instructions as with playing soku.

How to get MM2 working online:
I suggest you follow the infopic at the top, it shows what the moonrunes mean if you can't into jap. Otherwise it should be the same as ULiL and Soku, just with more potential lag due to allowing more than 2 players at once. Also since rules.ttf is not included please read this hastebin.com/raw/azasabacej for info on the rules settings.

How to get THNS working online:
Please read this: hastebin.com/raw/ogamexafov and if it doesn't work, make sure to ask for help in the thread.

And yes, general discussion of touhou is allowed and encouraged, though the main focus is for organizing netplaying matches.

NO SECONDARIES ALLOWED

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VrULWirF
pastebin.com/bDYYyXy2
pastebin.com/Lqm1Nam7
wishful.cc/sp/public/Soku Thread pack 1/games/Boushuen English version 1.01a.zip
wishful.cc/sp/public/Soku Thread pack 1/games/Boushuen+.zip
gae.cavelis.net/),
gae.cavelis.net/)
wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen.7z
wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen
wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/蟒酒宴+
wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen English version 1.01a.7z
danbooru.donmai.us/posts?page=1&tags=kaoru_(gensou_yuugen-an)
wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/蟒酒宴+ 2.18.7z
my.mixtape.moe/cpmpmy.rpy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Posting list of more fangames from previous threads

Touhou Diablo Treasure Hunter G/G2
Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (mp battles available at endgame; expansion not translated)
Meddlesome Magician 2
Touhou Sky Arena (Will have to eventually try)
Touhou Hack & Slash
Touhou Epic (civ 4 mod)
Age of Ethanols 1 (3d sequel has drm)

Have fun!

Forgot the pastebin for Sky Arena

pastebin.com/VrULWirF

What anime are these games based on?

I'm a big fan of turn-based RPGs, especially Dragon Quest and old-school Final Fantasy.
I'm terrible at fighting games and action games on hard difficulties, but I really love action-RPGS like Tales and Dark Souls.
I never cared for racing games.
Any fangames you guys can recommend me?

Fantasy Maiden Wars
There's also Mystical Chain but you'd probably be bad at that.

Nice, I'll check those out.

There's also Labyrinth of Touhou 1 and 2, although they're rather difficult and heavily based on grinding from what i read.

Just now I tried my luck at refining my main weapon in Touhou Hack & Slash

Failure

Failure

Succes!

Failure

I've had enough of this life.

Anyone gonna host something?

MM2?

guess not. time to sleep.

Someone might host soon. It may take a while so please be patient

no really, i should probably sleep. guess i'll wait for next day.

Most fairies are at work/school currently. They should start showing up soon.

I can host a hardmode game through Hamachi while we wait for that other host who can do it without it to go online. Any of you interested?

What was the name of the room again?

I want the hamachi meme to die. I'll host in a bit.

Fuggit, I'll just wait for you then.

Waiting for hosts!

Server is up on hard mode. 24.36.4.146:7777

The game desynced, I'm going to have to restart.

I could have sworn there was another Diablo Touhou clone that was 3d.

Also, what other Touhou game is it possible to play multiplayer with high ping?

I'm ready to play!

You are probably thinking of Touhou Diablo Treasure Hunter there. You get more Touhous to choose from but there are no special abilities.

Meddlesome Magician works all right. I would even say that its one of the rare exceptions where the lag makes it more fun when it doesn't crash because you have to hope your attack or jump has the right timing

We're all playing already, come join!

izth come back we're going through normal mode again

UPES if you're looking that's true for you as well

Going back to hard-modo

I went into singleplayer and soloed satori anyways. Fuck her last spellcard.

Joining now.

Why is Rumia so outrageously strong? I beat Kisume just fine. I thought Rumia would be a pushover as well. Little did I know, I was in for the fight of my life. I find her and start tanking. I spam click her and take out all the monsters that were near her with my spellcard. I notice that she has a lot of HP and I'm barely scratching her. I run out of health potions and she still has 2/3 of her health. I do this trick where I run away from her while shooting my spellcard and eventually run out of mana potions. She still has 1/3 of her health. I take the rest down by standing around corners and taking a pot shot when she gets close by. With 21 health and no potions, she finally dies. All for a spellcard that only Sakuya can use. At least I leveled up and can talk to 阿求 now.

Rumia's spark as been put out.

Now I have to beat up vampire Flandre and get some skelington bones.

You could also join us and farm points really easily,

then we give you a scroll to Satori's area

I find Parsee and beat her up no problem. Why is she so much easier than Rumia?

That's true but I had a problem with not being able to see enemies.

Misogynists

You still earn exp even if you don't see them anyways

Its ok if its girl on girl.

game desynced again wew

damn it

Rumia's a quest objective, also Flandre is just as bullshit as rumia except much, much faster so you can't kite her with corners.

If you kill Rumia again, she starts dropping green stones, which you can sell for a ridiculeous amount of cash.

I'll face Flandre tomorrow. I have three green stones. I'm saving them for enchantments.

Plan use Marisa as live bait great success.

Level 40 my ass!

I love my medics!

A RAG-TAG GROUP OF TOUHOUS DEFEATS A SATORI FIFTEEN LEVELS ABOVE AVERAGE PARTY LEVEL

It doesn't take into account fuck you hell lasers.

So was anyone doing any rounds of Limbo or Soku?

I was wonderin why it was dead

OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO DIE SOME MORE!

UFO was released in 2009. It's almost 7 years old. That's spooky.

What is Extra mode like? Is it just a higher difficulty or does the gameplay change?

It's probably more of the same, with the addition of a secret cow level at the end.

From the wiki

My only overall beef with the game is just how hard spell cards are to find. Yeah, despite the "level" you only ever need to find them once, but they are kind of import to the character's function. I imagine the have a pretty high drop rate for Marisa's stardust spell, but clearly the game wants you to have them. I can't believe I've gotten this far without Reimu's heal spell.

Ichirin, please let me into stage 4.

That's lame.

Grinding for drops is no fun.

The thing about spellcards is, the game wants you to have the first one by the time you get to SDM, second one by the time you get to Moriya shrine and so on an so forth, but since they're rare as fuck (drop rates are abysmal, this coupled with the fact that you can get ones not for your character is guaranteed to screw you over) you're not gonna get them unless RNG wills it or you spend time grinding mobs for Rinnosuke's quests.

If you play with friends, can't you just trade them? If you have a rare character(not Reimu), you can get them even faster.

You can, but the drop rate is so low that you're not guaranteed to get a spellcard in the first place. It's an "oh shit, I got lucky" thing, especially on later floors that you can't afford to full clear sometimes.

If they have them. There are 16 unique spell cards total. The drop rate is near non-existent from my experience, I went through 6 continuous floors before I found one, aside from Marisa's Stardust.

Also, from the wiki.

From my understanding, you would need to find 3 spell cards of the same type to go from level 1 to level 2. 1, to actually learn the spell, then 2 cards to combine? That doesn't make sense, especially how hard they are to come by.

Your character has 4 slots for 4 unique spellcards. Each time you find a new spellcard, you can learn it by right clicking on it, as long as you have the proper level. I know that for example, you need to be level 11 to upgrade to level 3. I'm not sure what the max level is. You go from level 0 and up by one each time.

I actually got a bunch of spellcards in the time I played today. Maybe I just got lucky.

No, you use the first one to get a spellcard itself (level 1) and you use the second one (and all other copies afterwards) to increase it's level by 1. It's not rocket science.

Oh, ok, wording made it sound like you needed two to exist at the same time.

Still though, I only found that one spell card for Reimu, the one that gives her temp invulnerability for 3 seconds, and halves damage for the remaining 11, and only found it because I decided to replay through one part to get the bounty on Flan, but decided to dick around on Meiling's floor first, in some random chest in the bottom of the screen, but the game would have been nearly damn unplayable if I didn't have that spell card.

Given the way the system works though, you can only really focus on one spell card anyway, with the shared cool down between all your other spells and run bar, but something that import shouldn't be a random drop.

Still though, core gameplay was fun. Found it enjoyable to charge the enemies lines and had their range guys turn 180, focus fire on me and not the Marisas who would then blast them and not die, or all the body blocking done.

I like the precise Touhou bullet dodging you have to do. My memory is fuzzy on hack and slashes, the mouse clicking isometric view ones, but was dodging actually viable. From what I remember, your levels of dodging was, ether you get the hell out of the way completely as in you had a good distance between you and the your threat before the attack started, or you get hit. There was no real "side stepping" or how newer games might have characters who can roll ability.

I've only tried a few levels so far, does DynaMarisa3D get particularly fun? Is the weapon variety particularly interesting?

I've never played EDF so I don't have that to compare it with

Have you tried Dynasty Warriors?

Thats basically the idea though, its mindless wave killing. Every so often you might have to re-think your load out and plan where you are going to go on the map, but other then that, its a simple game play type for shooting fix.

I haven't played it the whole way through for specifically that reason, but some of the later levels make the combat more interesting. One comes to mind was that one level that was a city that looks liked it was made out of books, and you could pushed over and "destroy" parts of it that could actually help or hurt you.

These 98 Touhou games…

welp, i'm back, waiting for MM2 hosts

or for the THNS hardmode server which i see that i'm late as fuck for again
unless it's still up

Where in the world are you? You'll have to change your sleep schedule or wait for the weekend.

bump, i want to play some MM2 as well, we haven't played anything but H'nS since that guy started hosting it.

Mornin'!

Lets try somethin different for a change.

Reporting in for duty!

I-I guess I could host while we wait for people for the HnS grind, if people are still interested in that

94.188.40.99:10800

I'm missing the chat function already

one more to go, starting in five minutes if nobody joins

Annd ded

Crashed on me just now

rip

rehostan

One of these days…

Oh shit

The overkill on that last match though, I only a couple pixels of HP left and he still blasted me out of the arena

Absolutely brutal

good game
Iku "Michael Jackson" Nagae too op

HnS hostan when

I kind of wanted to play shmups today, but alright. Server's up.

Which mode? Normal or Hard?

So this is Touhou Puppet Dance Performance…

Playing on lunatic right now, I can turn it down if we want to play catchup with our other characters though.

We're going through Normal-mode again in Touhou Hack & Slash

If you still need to beat Satori on normal then come join so you can play on hard-mode with us later

Going through hard-mode now!

I'll be takin a break from Hack and Slash

I think the game desynced again, did you manage to kill satori?

No way

Did it actually disconnected right at this moment?!

We're back.

Where you guys playing tonight?

Let me know when you beat the game brudder and we can have a match.

What are the current tiers in ULiL? I know Tiers are for Queers, but I'm still curious.
My mains are Koishi and Futo, and sometimes Byakuren.

S would probably be whoever has the best air control ;^).

Does anyone want to play pofv? I can host. You'll have an advantage because I'm drinking.

whats the source of the audio?

I'm always up for some PoFV matches

If you're okay with an EU player that is

The Frantics, Boot to the Head, track-16, Ti Kwan Leep

I think they did the audio of this as well, but I'm not too sure.

Sure just tell me how far into yurop you are and I can adjust the lag slider appropriately.

I'm in the Netherlands

Alright friend the server is up. Adonis 1

Ah fuck hold on the game isn't fullscreen.

Try again, sorry about that.

(checked)

It'll be a while before that ever happens

wew that was fun, and here I was thinking I was going to get trashed because I was drunk. Instead it was the lag that did me in. ggs

Good games

You put up a fair fight despite being drunk. I wonder how you play while sober

Hey could you remind me hwo to swtich character palettes? I haven't played in at least 6 months.

Hold shift while selecting characters, or it could be CTRL, but if I remember right it was shift

give me an oppoenet

fuCk youy all I'mg yoing to bed

pic TESXTREMLEY relatde

So you're in drunken savant mode for vidya?

exactl y mhy VIPPeR frien

Bump

Hopefully we'll be able to check out the rest of the games we haven't touched like Treasure Hunter or Sky Arena

Hosting soku. If you join, you will get bullied hard.
71.199.106.22:10800

bump

MM2 server when?

71.239.121.92:10800

Racing is my favorite part of this game. I don't like the other two game modes. I wish there were more than two maps.

This lag is awful.

We need a list of high ping and low ping ling. Although all the best ones are always gonna Mei ping ling demanding.

Also, The AoR II and III had nippon encryption? No chance of cracking?

Sorry for me being away.

I'm ready to go!

Feels good to be able to read rune. This game actually got cracked on day one, but netplay doesn't work.

welp, i'm up for another match of MM2, i think

anyone gonna host some MM2? I missed the last two games.

Well I'm proud of you regardless user.

It doesn't do direct ip connection?

Would any of you be up for some Age of Ethanols?

pastebin.com/bDYYyXy2
pastebin.com/Lqm1Nam7
wishful.cc/sp/public/Soku Thread pack 1/games/Boushuen English version 1.01a.zip
wishful.cc/sp/public/Soku Thread pack 1/games/Boushuen+.zip
Pardon the SSL warnings.

The first two links are the mainline pasta from the old 4/v/ Soku threads and the changelog from the original version to the English version. There is also Boushuen+. This makes some changes and adds a new faction, but never got an English patch. For those of you that can't into rune, I'd recommend playing through the first one to learn the controls, then playing the second one. The game supports up to 8 players in netplay. There's a free to use lobby where we sometimes played with Japanese players(who often streamed on gae.cavelis.net/), but I don't know if they're still active.

I'm pretty sure it's tied to a centralized server. Not 100% sure though. I've never actually played it.

I suppose I could download it and give it a shot

>here's a free to use lobby where we sometimes played with Japanese players(who often streamed on gae.cavelis.net/)

Oh god

I'm bad at strategy games, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to try it.

why are these girls so popular? the games are shit so that couldn't be what made their popularity soar.

I doubt their cuteness alone made them this popular either.

Looks like the download for me is fucked, can't seem to get some files out due to some errors.

While we're on the topic of strategy, I did mention that Civ 4 mod but I don't know where to find it

People like bullet hells I guess.

Why did this one happen to stand out in front of the crowd? I think it was more a snowball effect. It gained momentum, and more people started making fan games and fan art for it, which caused more people to make things.

Also, the creator never went full jew maybe even by Nippon lax copy-write standards.

Only recently has he decided to release the games on another platform that wasn't PC, excluding the first 5 games. Fucker is adding characters dlc style, fear for the worse.

It's because the fanbase makes high quality fan content.

Might need to reupload them user.

ULiL isn't technically developed by ZUN, it's made by Twilight Frontier, he really only makes like some of the music and the dialog text for the spinoff fighter games.
Blame the DLC to either NISA or Sony, they probably are going to port the new characters in an update or expansion for the PC version.

Well thats bad for a different reason.

The thought of Touhou resting in peace doesn't seem like a bad idea, even if I got in too late

I got a copy user, you want to host?

wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen.7z
wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen English version 1.01a.7z
Here are some working links.

Maybe later tonight. Let's give everyone a chance to try the game.

wishful.cc/sp/public/touhou_threads/Boushuen English version 1.01a.7z fixed that one for ya.

Sorry. I went and messed with the links. I don't like how lengthy they get when there are special characters. I should have changed the filenames instead.

I'm gonna try the game out tonight

I haven't played any RTS games in years so I might really suck at it

I looked through some replays and it's kind of depressing. There's games from as early as 2013. It reminds me of the now dead 4/v/ threads. Those threads died in the later portion of 2014. While for many it was GG or Holla Forums, that event was what made me leave for good.

I-Its not like I wanted to play it anyway…

I thought that said to change the locale which I did before

Guess I'm retarded for not reading the fine print

Glorious Nippon code programmed 10,000 times like katana.

My mistake for not making this more clear.

Hosting soku. If you join, you will get bullied hard.
71.199.106.22:10800

Doesn't help that I got distracted because all I could think about with that song was that Ronald McDonald video

You know the one I'm talking about

This?

Yes, that one.

Hosting AoE+ 2.18

This game is so ghetto, its speed setting is based on FPS. There's 5 speed settings but fast(45fps) is the main one.

I can't play right now but, is there any way to unfuck the configtool? I can run the game just fine, but it just simply doesn't want to change the username nor generate a key for MP. Then again, it may just be because i'm using the english version? I haven't downloaded the jap 2.18 yet because i wanted to learn how to play proper in SP.

I do have to say though, having played up to stage 6, it was a refreshing remake/remix of the ages of empires 2 starting celts campaing with a bit of the teutonic campaing trown in, with way more fairies and siege engines. The unit triangles are really well made (at least for normal and hard 'ages' they are quite well balanced) and it's really simple and fun to learn and play. Can't wait till tomorrow for a full lobby.

You have to use the Japanese version of the config tool. The English one is messed up. I think maybe you can try editing the config file manually. I don't quite remember.

Maybe its because I'm no longer into the Pokemon craze and it bores me these days, but I dunno if I can complete it.

In Hack & Slash, how do you check which stage you are on? In MP you can see what stage others are on, but how do you check your own?

Doesn't it still tell you in the chat box?

Press M, it should tell you the current floor number. Also you can use the arrow keys to scroll the chat if you miss something.

It does but only at the staircase.

Just what I wanted. Thanks.

Time to fight Sakuya.

It was trivial up until that third spellcard. She took down all my health in one hit. I bet I can beat her next time.

I maid it.

I've gone through the whole map and only have 2 golden bat wings? How do I get more? Do I have to reset the game to regenerate the map?

That's the only way I can think of, yeah

I usually just move onto the next floor or start clearing another floor for a different quest

You can just save and reload your save from the menu, but yes, if you don't get good drops and you finish the entire floor you are fucked with the quest items and spellcards and need to restart it in hopes for more drops. It's really aggravating on the deeper and more difficult floors like B10 or B13 where enemies tend to not drop anything at all but Yen and are much harder to deal with.

Oh come on, all this way for a dead end.

This is my only quest.

How does one get teleport scrolls for the later stages? Someone gave me a teleport to SDM scroll in multi but I haven't been able to find any myself.

This is now a Sakuya thread!

You have to buy those from Eirin.

Once you reach the SDM she should start selling SDM scrolls

Once you reach Moriya she'll have Moriya scrolls

etc etc

Whore thread?

Thanks. I guess I didn't notice they were there since all the scrolls look the same. I wish the author had at least made a different sprite.

I got Erin her bat wings. Now I have to go to the Moriya Shrine and get 3 tengu noses. That's for another day.

Very funny.

Some updates on the Unreal Touhou Project 2004. Might not have been that creative with team logos but pic 1 and 2 is what I rolled with (There is also the 1-Up icon)

The Sakuya model I'm using in the screenshots is a placeholder for now until I can get the MMD models ported.

I would like some input on their portraits like which style should I roll with for the characters (ZUN or fan-made ones) and the background in case they're transparent (Lets be frank, there can be something more creative than brown for Touhou portraits)

While I do not condone your actions, nor do I approve of your rampant and uncalled for name calling…
I will save those images.

I wouldn't worry too much about the graphics. That screenshot looks interesting.

Sure? I mean they're not a high priority like the models which need to function and not have too much clipping issues but I would think that having a nice portrait for the characters would be something to consider because you will see them pop up during matches (And when you select them) and I don't want them to look like it came from DeviantART.

I think the project as a whole is interesting for a few reasons which can be boiled down to 'Touhous in a game made from 2004 that has tons of mods to play with' (I mean shit, Touhou FPS isn't enough, for some UT2K4 mods, you could have them in Unreal 1 like the screenshots I posted above, the original Killing Floor, Unwheel, etc.) and if someone wanted to, give them an idea of remaking a Touhou danmaku entirely in Unreal Engine (Although it might be a bad idea because some things in 2D don't transition well in 3D)

no

Good morning.

Lets have some fun!

I rolled with ZUN style for characters since most of them (Outside of a few like Suika) have been made. There just lies one question though, which other style should I use for certain Touhous like Sakuya as you see here?

Pic one is old & first appearance, pic two is modern & latest appearance

Make it consistent. You can probably find something on Safebooru that will match.

Question, why are you going with a Unreal 2004 mod, instead of just messing with the unreal engine directly?

I found what I wanted! Hope everyone is fine with Hisoutensoku style characters

Explain what you mean by messing with the Unreal Engine

The Unreal 4 engine. Its suppose to be"free". I'm not sure what the legal bs is for a fan game, but just a thought. Unless you aren't comfortable with their new parent company Tencent Ho Li. Since they are fucking evil as all hell. Just wondering why Unreal 2004. Aside from the fact that Unreal 3 was shit.

Did not mean to upload that first picture.

Oh I see.

I chose Unreal Engine 2 because I wasn't sold on how 4 looked & Tencent being the parent company.

I also chose UT2K4 because there were other mods made like Unwheel and Killing Floor where you sometimes had the option to choose your UT2K4 characters and I much preferred 2K4 over 1999 and 3.

I would also say that now that I've been getting the gist of Unreal modding that 2K4 is easier than 3.

Please tell me where you found this kind of art.

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?page=1&tags=kaoru_(gensou_yuugen-an)

.>>9406297
Mimicking that style is common enough to have its own tag on danbooru: alphes_(style).

Just noticed Hecatia had different facial expressions, while swapping hair color and planets. Thats adorable. Is that the same artist for touhou 10.5, or just someone was just drawing like him.

Its nice that is that Unreal 3 and 4 have C# support, but C++ will never go out of style. Those short cuts c# have are too useful though.

Thats actually pretty funny.

I find that Unreal 2.5 engine is the perfect benchmark of "good enough" graphics. Wasn't ever to impressed between the jump from 2.5 to 3, and 3 to 4 was almost nothing but "even better lighting", probably the diminishing returns thing. I imagine that's probably why its also easier to use 2.5. Doesn't have a lot of the fluff that bogged down 3.

What a disaster this language has been to the world of computing.
Standards are not features.

Yeah, its archaic mess, but damn it can run fast. After putting x many extra hours of man power into optimizing it.
After all these years I still don't know when you are suppose to use a header file or keep it as a .cpp, just sort of did it by "yeah, that looks too big to be in a .h."

Oh believe me is it annoying when people use those short cuts as crutch. I don't get if c# has Just In time, compiler, don't fucking declare every single variable as VAR, and unspecific try catch abuse, why would you ever have a quadruple nested try catch? Someone got paid to make that. Why would you have them several of them side by side? Why are they only checking a single line? Just to name the most common ones I always see.

**I get that c# has a Just In Time compiler, but don't fucking declare every single variable as VAR.

Damn tiny textbox.

Don't get me started. I sometimes have to work with Indian enterprise bloatware and it is traumatizing. I have tons of horror stories about that.

All right, these are what the final portraits will look like!

Debating whether or not to make a Touhou music mod to throw in UT2K4 (Probably doesn't matter)

Guess I'm not the only one with that mindset! I have a soft spot for PS2-era graphics.

Thats poo in the loos for ya

Pinhead managers think programming is like stacking bricks and that throwing more cheap labor into a project will make it better. Maybe Trump will get our jobs back and make programming great again.

Ah man, I get to hear stories about that from some of my co-workers. You have my sympathy. Apparently they never bothered to write efficient code because the time lag between traveling continents was always a valid excuse. Not to mention all the third party shit they like to add, "what do you mean you don't know what that wrapper is actually doing?".

I know that Janus VR, had a Touhou room. Filled with MMD models.

A lot of companies do figure out that jobs that require more "technical accuracy" are better off not hiring from India and other sweatshop companies, but what they do is they will then hire one "expert" who's sole job is to bitch at the workers. It works a little while, but eventually they grow resentful.

I'm trying to hold myself back from spewing out a rant. If I started, I would never be able to finish. I just want to say, fairies, please live frugally and invest. Become financially independent and leave the rat race behind.

Do they seriously not expect people to break their promises? Seems very overkill…

I will never understand this 'I'll cease everything I do in case someone shares my shit' mentality

Anyhoo, we should probably host a MM2 match or somethin

Ready for some games!

MM2 - 94.188.40.99:10800

Let's try to host HnS and Age of Ethanol after that!

Gud stuff, can you enable picking individual characters and team leader bonus? We're still missing one more.

Did you guys start already?

Yep, you just missed it.

Aah! I'm so slow!

Well it ain't MM2 without crashes

Welp, it crashed. Man, Iku is amazing though.

We just crashed, we'll probably run it again.

Can we have at least one run round? The fighting is really nice but the SDM course is way too much fun to pass up.

F-fine. You only get one though.

For whoever missed the memo, rehostan.

sasuga

What happened on the SDM rooftops was so good

I can't believe I survived that, I thought I was a dead man for sure!

"I have to go now, my planet needs me."

Note: Suika died on the way back to her home planet.

Is anyone up for AoE later tonight, like in 3-4 hours?

Now, to wait for that one faggot to host Lunatic mode.

I still haven't gotten the basics down

We can teach you in coop. Also, the singleplayer has a good tutorial.

Don't worry, i got them.

Those matches were so full of mismoves and all sots of weird hilarious shit. I can't even believe i won that SDM race, who the fuck picks byakuren for a race match?

Also Rookie, Eirin's arrow shot buffs all the stats of the one she hits by 1 with her arrows, but since Reisen can tank 2 shots before exploding and removing the buff stats, she can literally be at max-stats with those 2 shots..

I thought we were doing another fighting match! I still made it to the end by some miracle

Sorry Marisa for killing you right in front of the finish line! For Buddhism to flower necessary sacrifices must be made!

I did stage 1 of story mode just now so I barely know the basics.

I completed the campaing, i think i'm really going to like playing as either Eientei or Library, assuming i figure out what the hell their specialities are.

Play the first 3 stages and then the extra stages, they explain everything from basebuilding, to unit triangles, how to select all units of the same type at once and all sorts of neat shit like garrisons and basic defenses.

Just now finished playing the first 3 stages, I might try the extras in a bit

I dunno if I can handle this type of game…

Don't give up yet! We have to try!

I wonder if that guy is going to host Hack & Slash today.

We still have to take out Lunatic!

I would play some Soku, but I haven't touched it in so long that I've forgotten how to play.
So have some cutehus instead.

>boot up vs Com. mode on easy because I'm a retard as Hakurei
What the fuck just happened

eejee modo

Fuck it, guess I'll host it on hamachi until that guy shows up.

Problem?

This game is very simple as far as RTS goes. It's like a simplified version of the original AoE.

Don't worry, you're not the only beginner.

It's Suika time! I am so mad that I can't find that picture.

Hey, do you know what are the buffs for the Library faction? I know SDM gets better red units or so, but i don't really know what to tech into as Lib and end up overwhelmed by bots by the time i reach Hard.

There's two types of people. Those than think Library is underpowered, and those that think it is overpowered. Nobody seems to be in between. Their gimmick is that their schools work as sentries. They send a powerful blast at a range. The downside is that it has a big cooldown. Also, they can only build books. They are good at massing books. Also, Hard is harder than Lunatic in this game. Also, make sure to use their hero abilities.

Huh, explains why i couldn't build troops to defend my base. Also i was not playing on Hard, i was getting overwhelmed by the time i reached the Hard 'age' by normal bots, i know they cheat because the english version patch readme-thing says they cheat resources on normal, hard and lunatic, and that 'easy' mode is just a renamed lunatic.

I don't even know why they put the link up.

I'm ready for AoE. Should I host?

I think they are certainly overpowered, however it seems the're extremedly weak to early harass so i gotta account for that i guess.

ye
where the game

Welp, looks like Unwheel is a no go (Despite what you're seeing in the screenshots, the models for human players seem to change to the rider for no reason)

At the very least…Touhou Tennis anyone?

Game is up. AoE+ 2.18
Will be afk for a bit.

That's the gimmick of the faction. It works best in team games.

kek. I wouldn't even mind playing this later.

I'm running 2.18 and this shows up, i'm guessing it means "Can't connect"?

Yes, it says it cannot connect. Are you sure you have the right verison?

Did you configure your game properly? With setting up a username and ID?

I'm running 2.18 and getting the same error

I think the problem may be that I was only forwarding UDP and that it expects TCP. I reconfigured my router. Try again.

Same exact you uploaded in here there should be nothing special other than no key being generated by the config (again).

Why are you placing 8 coms? Wouldn't that prevent people from connecting due to no slots for players?

It's working now

One player connected. Humans always replace the AI when joining. The player count is like slots.

We did it.

a-at least I rushed an army at hard

That was an awkward first game. I totally forgot my build order, I didn't make enough houses, and I spent way too long trying to kill the AI's base.

I'll try the AoE game next time…

Dunno how useful I'll be considering I've rarely touched RTS beyond Civilization

Civilization isn't even an RTS.

All right, dunno how useful I'll be considering I've never touched a RTS game ever

Bousyuen is very simple compared to other RTS games. We'll probably be playing mostly comp stomps at first, so there's probably not going to be competition.

You shouldn't worry about that at all! I'm also terrible at this game, I spent most of the match we had being useless. I'm glad I didn't have a position at one of the corners or I would have had my ass kicked!

AoE, which version now?

There's 3 versions.
Original Japanese
Original English
Patched Japanese

We play with patched Japanese. The older ones are for those that can't read Japanese.

Try this for the latest version, it should work because I used it to play with the others

Thanks, if you guys are still play later, I'll try to join in.

So many stupid mistakes. The run is within reach. It's only a matter of time.

I make it to stage 5 with full lives and end before seeing Syou. Who needs sleep when you have Touhou.

Its not the worst fangame I've played but man it bored me.

Some of the stages try to be like Mario Kart but the gameplay is still Sonic Riders.

Maybe its just my preference, but I'd rather Touhous drive in cars or go-karts than hoverboards…not to mention going fast like F-Zero

I'm disappointed in everyone and everything right now.

>>>/agdg/

Get to work then, faggot

Good morning!

Lets have some fun!

bump

On the plus side, porting MMD models to Unreal Engine is doable

On the negative side, some of the models like Reimu have a high polycount which might not be a problem for Unreal Tournament 3 or 4, but for 2K4, its recommended that it isn't big so that the engine doesn't slow down or crash because it tried to render a hair texture.

Downscaling the polycount is another problem because for example, Reimu has 52K triangles and if that were to be reduced, she would look awful

Are there any racing games that actually let you do the gutter ride thing?

Is there a way to you select certain parts. Like hands and feets?
I have no idea what they are saying in this, just the actions are funny.

Yes, I can select certain parts. But the tool I used to reduce polycount picks the whole model.

For reference, here is a before and after of Reimu getting polycount reduced

Kill it with fire!

I really liked the levels themselves, especially scarlet mansion and eientei.

While I'm sadly doubting that I will be able to put in all the Touhous unless I can find a way of reducing polycount without making them look like shit, I stumbled upon the models for Sky Arena and I must say that I'm surprised at how good they look than some of the MMD models and the program I use says that Sakuya for example has only 6K triangles which is PERFECT for Unreal 2K4

That right there is what I'm talking about with PS2-era models.

不倶戴天の敵
嫦娥よ。見ているか!?
私だ、純狐だ
お前恨みを純化して多くの時が過ぎた
我が純粋なる瑕穢は必ずや
お前を追い詰める

My mortal enemy
Chang'e. Are you watching!?
It's me, Jyunko
I have purified your resentment too many times
We will surely turn you pristine
You will be cornered

I feel bad for low-polygon Reimu, her existence is pure suffering.

Thank you very much.

Also,

It should still be possible to get the game. Apparently it works well in VR.

holy shit, why didn't anyone think of this before
Ikaruga doesn't count

bump, we gonna play some more AoE today?

Should I host?

Sure, I'm up for it.
hopefully we'll get more than four players today

Sure, though i'm not sure if there's enough people around for a 4 player compstomp.

Host info:

Game up.

I'll try

I'll have you know, I'm not good at using a computer commanding armies

Holy shit this AI is fucking hardcore

Next time, if the game is over, quit the game so we can go back to the menu.

Rehosting.

You can cheese it by building walls close to their base. Walls last for a long time and they'll sit around trying to kill it before attacking you. Still, Hard is harder than Lunatic. I chose Lunatic so it would be easier.

Now it gives me an error whenever I try to connect.

We're in the lobby, join, join, c'mon! Maybe try restarting the game?

Restart your game.

Game crashed for me

For the second time, if we are quitting, use the menu to quit. We don't want to sit and wait.

Rehosting.

Re-join re-join!

We sure rolled through that one.

Rehosting.

I don't even know what the fuck was going on

That was easy. PoFV host is up.

Man, I need some better strategies next time

Anyone wanna finish HnS Lunatic mode? Same deal, hamachi unless that guy appears, yadda yadda.

Looks like we desynced. Rehosting.

I think we desyncd

I'll join in a bit

It keeps happening

Want to try again?

Yeah, how about 1 more attempt

Looks like a desync. Let's play another time. It was fun and intense as usual.

Ah, oh well. Thanks for the matches! I like how often I can reach 2+ minutes when I play against you. It's really fun to go that high.

One of these days, we should try netplay in ultra mode.

That is a great idea! I remember thinking the same thing back when I was still 1ccing PoFV Ultra. But back then I hadn't ever played against another person and didn't know how adonis worked.

If you want to we could do it the next time we play again.

Talk about barebones, holy shit

That's one of the most annoying things about Doujin culture. Everything has to be a "release" when it should just be a simple patch.

Figures.

Meddlesome Magician 3 never ever

Next thread when?

When this one is on page 13, probably.

2014_12_06_00_46_32.rpy
my.mixtape.moe/cpmpmy.rpy
This is a replay file for AoE 2.18. I'm sharing it to showcase some regular play so that you fairies can use it to learn about the game.

Next thread where?

Compiling it now, wait a few minutes.

NEW THREAD

NEW BREAD