Stellaris Thread: No Niggers In Space Edition

There isn't much to talk about right now because Paradox is working on actual content beyond the first 4 hours or so but let's have a thread up anyway.

Recommend mods that remove negroes, strategies to enslave negroes, tactics to be used in a space war against negroes, whatever.

Patches and Mods
Thanks to Russians being cheap as fuck, there is a site that collects Stellaris mods from the Steam Workshop:

stellaris.smods.ru/

You can also get the latest hotfixes here:

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=68551

Other urls found in this thread:

stellaris.smods.ru/archives/1486
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682037227&searchtext=sector
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=682268216
twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/732568155281887234
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687358103
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686981220
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688140428
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HOL UP

I'm so far behind, but fortunately the AI is twice as dumb as I am. Death to blue caps

That outfit looks like it's incredibly revealing, missing sides and all.

slut shamer detected

like the true jews, I am everywhere

Oh there will be niggers in space alright
They are too dirty to be put through the sewage processor, we had to jettison them somewhere.

She's taking being the God Empress very seriously, wearing only pauldrons instead of sleeves.

How can I get rid of non-white portraits? I can't roleplay an Aryan Empire with a sheboon governing my home planet

There's mods for it in the OP's links.

stellaris.smods.ru/archives/1486

Faggot

thanks crackas

The game has a serious problem that I don't think they can fix. When you advance far enough it starts to slow down, not just FPS but actual game time slows, and I was only playing on a medium size map. Probably has something to do with unit numbers, I had 3x 50k armies

That happens in all Paradox's games, especially newer ones. It's pretty much quaranteed it will only get worse in Stellaris.

When I have a slave driven industrial sector, I expect to have a difficult time with it, but it turns out the molluscoid peoples of this galaxy are naturally happier when enslaved.

I don't think they added the negatives of slavery yet.

Well god damnit.

There's the happiness penalty if you don't have radical xenophobe/collectivist, but otherwise slavery is safer than robot workforce because there doesn't seem to be slave rebellion.

That's why

There are negatives man.

Slaves can't produce energy credits or research worth a fuck.

Oh, I thought that was because I was enslaving primitives.

FYI, there's a line in the .mod files that if detected by stellaris makes the game delete the file, the site has acknowledged the problem and is trying to fix it, but for now, open the file with notepad++ and look for "remote_file_id=xxxxxxx", if you remove that line the mod should load.

It's like you don't even respect the robot, user.

why can't disassemble them?

AI has separate policy tab, I think. It's not under purges

Can't wait for their fucking patches so that the game becomes playable.

What is game?
Shill it to me.

The swedes newest DLC-platform where they sell parts of the game that should already be in it seperatly and get praised for doing so by fanbois.
This time set in space.

Is it just me or are the war goals pretty lacking in this game?

A somewhat poorly 4x with delusions of being a 4x-GS hybrid in the lategame, only they shirked and forgot to add the features to do so, making it content lean even by Paradox release standards. Also, it isn't even vaguely balanced, as evasion (percentile chance to mitigate all damage) is totally broken on corvettes due to the ratio of ship HP to naval capacity taken is totally linear, meaning a huge pile of corvettes is superior to any mixed fleet of the same or greater weight except in very specific circumstances involving movement mitigation fortresses. I'm not certain myself, but I have a theory that lanceboat/arcboat destroyer spam might be superior in theory for high cost/high DPS large-only weapons getting the most bang for your buck in a similarly evasive fashion, so expect the current meta to be immediately replaced with something equally or more obnoxious. Economy is fuckered. A weird attempt at CK2 decentralization in space through administrative Sectors was added that only serves to pointlessly add inefficiencies to your income through a 25% tax on everything and introduce the exceedingly stupid AI to manage it, meaning the only sane thing to do is hand over your completely developed sectors to prevent the AI from constructing everything completely wrong on your frontier. If you ever need to retake direct control for whatever reason, you have to spend Influence, your all-in-one domestic and interstellar political mana. This mechanic is unlikely to be ripped out and redone outright, as it should be, but will instead be tweaked to be marginally less obnoxious before becoming entirely so. Various other flaws, small or great.

Either pirate it or buy it in a year or two on the most absurd sale possible.

Whoops.

It's a bare-bones "definitely not alpha" grand strat game with a 4x start in space.
Probably the perfect entry for noobs to the genre like me. Expect the game to become complete through DLC and patches over the coming years.

Thanks anons, I'll give this one a miss

JOHANNNNNN

So.. what is the research/pop curve? How many pops doing research do I need to keep before it is better to just purge all of my population and just use all of those space mines to get my research?

Supposedly, it can be avoided if you do not manufacture large batches of robots and maintain these small numbers for a long period of time, proceeding either to grant them permanent equal rights or permanently subjugating them with nerve staples by decision. Giving them synthetic rights before they ask may or may not slow down the potential triggers, but is not related to the permanent, inalienable rights decision. Whether or not this prevents other empires with large numbers of robots from fucking themselves and you over is unknown, along with whether inorganic pops in innoculated empires will forcibly join the Machine Consciousness..

Sounds like this game has diplomacy that actually makes sense, I'll have to play this sometime.

Should have some/none loyalist robots remain based on how you treat them and maybe have options rather than being just full loyal/full skynet. DLC coming soon I suppose.

The only reason the AI let him was because of the event. Not because the Ai is actual smart, if that is what you are thinking.

This game is worse than I though, though I did pirate it, and occasianlly play it. But I usally start a new game after just colonizing 3 worlds.

Synthetics, or rather more specifically androids versus droids or robots, are fully sapient in-universe, though whether they have a soul or not is up for debate. Considering that there are extradimensional beings whose makeup is essentially non-physical and psyker powers exist, I lean towards 'yes.' Rights are on the table.

Should make it so that when the event in question occurs, you have the option to play as the robots (If the event first occured in your empire.)

Battleships can mount the same utility modules as defense stations/fortresses. Also missiles/torpedo/swarm have 100% chance to hit and I doubt you want to put point defense on the already low amount of weapon slots smaller ships have.

fighters are useless though, 8 range? what the fuck

There is a mod that allows robo races

Or have mind uploading so you can become Necrons, or Virtual Endless.

Paradox disabled slave revolts, manly because they'd break the game or something. This is all hearsay.

Seems the content also broke the game because it's nowhere to be seen.

I have no idea how do you guys tolerate this game

It have a fuckload of problems, but at last, it's fun to fuck over and enslave xeno scum, then clean their planet and replace with genetically engineered humans

What I wanted is an mod that removes the cost to change sectors, and remove the need for sectors, use sectors just as some 'planet governor AI' thingy.
They planned to have sectors play a greater role in the game, but as is, it's just some shitty limitations on expansion or something, it's dumb and should not exists as it currently does.
Maybe when the game is ready, it becomes some fun mechanic, but for now, it's just SHIT

What is the relevant technlogy needed to increase the number of planets you can hold without resorting to using the sector manager? The sector AI is just awful.

you can mod it off, just remove the 5 limit and put something like 99999

It's a dumb feature currently, just remove it, it will improve the game

Witch file needs to be edited?

good question, but checking on the workshop, I came into the conclusion that it's just a text file somewhere.

see: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682037227&searchtext=sector

Found it it's Stellaris\common\static_modifiers.
Now only to find where the planet limit is changed

maybe this?

00_defines.lua

common->defines

Yeah this is it.

Today I will start a new game

thanks

Fucking hell, the workshop is flooded with retards uploading nonsense mods recently.

this is not unique to stellaris

Its rather noticeable with this game I find.

I can confirm that I never researched sentient AI, androids, robot armies or anything even remotely related to artificial intelligence and it still happened. there weren't even any machines on my worlds when they "went rogue", so when the event happens I think it just randomly chooses a planet in your empire, spawns a ton of robots on it and that's that.

You can't even change the sector capital. Come on, i'm an autocratic space emperor, military dictator or worse, god emperor. Why i can't change a fucking capital without disbanding and recreating the entire sector and wasting a lifetime reserve of purple mana, i mean influence? You can't even change the capital of your empire.

I have one model of corvette that only has thick shields and point defense turrets, and then five or six times as many attack craft. Going up against any empire that uses torpedoes or strike craft is a straight-up massacre regardless of number; just this morning my 4k power fleet of corvettes absolutely rekt a 9k fleet of destroyers and cruisers

When my game started Dong was the first governor I recruited. He developed drug addiction and I couldn't get myself to fire him, so he just sat in capital did drugs and fucked bitches, I guess.

After 200 years I finally achivied my goal of taking over the Ringworlds of a Stagnant Empire. The plan was to integrate neighbouring Ayy for their fleet while developing my own borders and making sure the next biggest Ayy would be loyal.

Sure it was overkill to integrate for 200 years and siege with over the maximum fleet capacity (affording it was out of question), but mutual development in rather comfy borders was for the better,especially when this would make me neighbours to 'not tyranids'. After taking the Ringworlds, I needed a governor for a fresh colony, because the fucking Stagnant Empire Ayys would have perma 0 happiness and produce nothing (so got gas chamberered).

And there he was; Immortal Dong still doing drugs which were supposed to shorten his life span and fucking whores for 200 years, got to govern the Ringworld named after him.

Youre hardcore brah.
Im facing those Ringworld cucks, they attacked me because MUH BORDERS, they raped the shit out of me, but now i've got them stable at -40 and they arent bothering me anymore.

ENTER THE UNBIDDEN
PURGING THE GALAXY ONE STAR SYSTEM AT A TIME
They're really gaining traction, and the other big alliance isn't letting me through with my ships to fight them. Fucking cucks, let em die

I'm pretty much finishing up the building of my sectors, trying to pick up the battleship tech, it hasn't popped yet. Ugh

I try to purge all the nigs
WHY CANT YOU ASSASSINATE YOUR LEADER FFS I DONT WANT THIS FUCKING OOGA BOOGA MUHFUGGIN DREADED ASS HO

I'm nearly 100 years gone and I only have 30-40 points in each research field, how do people have like 100+ at that stage?

Maybe use the Twilight of the Imperium portrait & namelist submods?

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=682268216

This game has awoken my hunger for Space 4x but can't satisfy it.

Is GalCiv3 any good?
I don't wanna go back to Aurora but I will if I have to.

I've been playing this for a few days now. There's a lot of polishing paradox needs to do.

* once you get to midgame it's nothing but build fleet, attack someone, win, their empire gets smaller, wait ten years, rinse and repeat until they're conquered. rinse and repeat again until all empires are conquered. don't piss off fallen empires.
* no list of all my starports.
* ships built in starports belonging in sectors don't show up in outliner. no colony ships, no fleet ships, nothing. I need to remember where i built them and manually find them.
* sector AI is retarded, number of direct control planets should be higher.
* you can't view any planet surface build queue. What?
* you can't set rally points for starports.
* lots of broken missions you can't complete
* my admirals have cloned themselves a few times; anytime i split a fleet headed by a cloned admiral, it clones itself again. I can have any numbers of fleets headed by the same person (though they all gain xp and die at different rates).
* can't properly control ships in battle. if you try sending a fleet across a system to reinforce a weaker one that's currently in a fight, that backup fleet is going to stop and attack ANYTHING in the way, including unimportant and non-threatening shit like mining stations. If that other fleet needs help to survive, it's going to die because your reinforcing fleet is going to stop 3 or 4 different times to attack single stations that pose no threat.

There's a bunch of other stuff but you get the idea. I've always wanted to get into Grand Strat, and I love space 4x games, and Paradox is well known for making great GS games. I was really looking forward to this, but they have a lot of improving to do.

Gal Civ 3 for the most part is exactly what you would expect: a reskin of galciv ii. It's definitely worth a playthrough, but the biggest problem with it is that everything takes fucking foreeeeeeveeeeerrrrrr. Scouting, exploring, wars, etc. The AI isn't great either from what I remember.

If you're asking whether it's worth a torrent, absolutely, especially if you're looking to get into space 4X. Whether it's worth a buy is up to you. Endless Space is also pretty decent, but the combat in it is shit, even if ship building is fun. I recommend you torrent that one too, it's an easy one to get into.

Distant Worlds Universe is a very complex and deep Grand Strat in space from like 5 years back, but if you want something much deeper and complicated than Endless Space or Galciv, that's the way to go. It doesn't have much in the way of graphics but when you're essentially playing Spreadsheet Empire: The Game it doesn't matter much.

The AI can research those technologies, and basically it just spawns two armies on every planet with a synthetic pop, per synthetic pop. If you don't use synthetics, droids or robots it shouldn't affect you at all. Whether you researched it or not.

I tried distant worlds but I couldn't figure out how the economy worked, the private economy. I wanted them to do all the work for me so I could just sit and watch as the game played itself but they wouldn't. The lazy shits.

My main current problem with the game is that I've conquered about 42% of the Galaxy and the game is running slow as balls.

It's like it can barely render my 150k fleet of Doom.

Will this be fixed in the future?

Tell me about it, i'm probably going at 70% speed, I keep it on fastest all the time.
My comp isn't shit either

I have a fucking GTX 670 why the fuck is it so slow?

Sure I might have a fleet with 400 individual space ships but still.

This game is shittily optimized
I have a 7950 and a Phenom II X6 OC'd @ 3.7
I have no problems running any "AAA" game at high settings

It has nothing to do with graphical power and everything to do with the fact that paradox refuses to make a 64 bit game.

Even if Vicky III is operationally identical to Vicky II, it will be horrible because it won’t be able to handle end-game pops.

Well theres your problem
That and niggers
And too many women
And women niggers

I can literally post these all day

i have the same issue, and my rig is powerful

it's not even about fleet size, it's just about empire size and all the shit it needs to calculate. I have it set to fast, because normal is too slow, and fastest makes it stutter too much; the game fucking pauses at the start of each month, which on fast is like every 30 seconds.

It's playable but just barely. It has so much shit to calculate at the start of each month and every annual rollover I had to set it to autosave only once a year. Fleet battles are equally sloppy, with a pause in the firefight every two seconds while the game recalculates.

i also know that other games have done more with less demand, so this is just a matter of the game not being optimized properly

WE

WILL

KANGS

BE

Is there really any reason NOT to pick these every single time on the race that you play as?
There's no diplomacy or trade to speak of in this game, so why should you care what the AI thinks of you? Having poor relations with the AI is actually rewarding because rivals give you influence.
Having militarist gives you useful buffs to your fleet and acess to full bombardment which melts planetary fortifications.
Having xenophobe gives you the ability to enslave and genocide xeno filth without having to deal with their bullshit moaning about being conquered.

How do you even expand in this game? I'm always surrounded by other races, meaning there's only so many colonies available before i run into a border. And my colonies aren't connected to each other, because the systems between them are inhabitable. My empire is just some dots on the map… how do you get a nice big spot on the map with your colour?

Why not

GON BE

Or something

Alright, we can start over.
WE

GON BE

Mediocre

Kill them user, kill them all.

Also to add.

Xenophobe is a watered down version of collectivist in regards to bonuses. With fanatic collectivist, they not only need less food but also don't care AT ALL about slavery, which means your pops stay happy, which means better production.

While I don't think the happiness of your slaves really matters (there's no fucking mechanic for a slave revolt, so if you have any faction trying to rebel, just enslave them all, problem solved. isn't this great?) with Xenophobe, they have a -50% mod to xeno slavery, so it does affect their happiness.

I don't see much point in having xenophobe over fanatic collectivist.

build frontier outposts you fucking moron

Just don't put any of your own pops on the xeno worlds, cause being around xeno filth makes them unhappy.

Wish I could play with you anons but my computer set up is shit, I lag on online matches and I have to wait to get a new one.

COINCIDENCE? I DON'T THINK SO

OYY

With this I think you'd mid-late game be able to uplift some pre-sentients and GM them to be happy scientists and use them for science production on xeno worlds. I think the bonuses to happiness would negate the probable xenophobe decrease that they'd have.
I don't think uplifted can revolt against the person who made them so this would possibly be a no-downsides method of having science slaves that don't rape your happiness.

Aggressively expand to block others' routes of expansion. Balkanize enemy states with the Liberate casus belli on their secondary planets, then cozy up to the new same-ethos governments and vassalize them before later mopping up the enemy rump state. Convert populations as much as possible; enslave the hardliners. Utilize useful aliens where they are most specialized, as free citizens if necessary or possible. Slavery is useful and has few downsides, but it's probably best to reserve for dissidents to minimize the planetary and global happiness malus if you aren't a fanatic collectivist even so. Actively endeavor to exterminate conquered fanatical purifiers/xenophobes through starvation (remove with minimal actual purging, resettle the farmers elsewhere as chattel whenever possible) replacing with your primary species and/or robots as you go, since they'll never be happy pre-ethos conversion, which means they are unlikely to ever reach said ethos conversion.

Finally the game is playable, thanks

AYO

WE GUN B

My agent coveted the hateful xeno ass.

You just don't understand man. Dat fungoid pussy, man.

Oy vey.

They are now extinct anyway.

I found a race of adequate reptilian and modified them genetically after enslaving them. They became my shock troops, better them than alien lives. They are near extinct now after a big war with my neighbor.

Ya know what the game is missing? Wolf-like mammal aliens. I wanna play as Vargr. Video somewhat related.

Birds be crazy, yo.

(They are both solitary AND communal.)

I think the corvette thing might have been at least in part because at some point they changed armour from flat reduction to percentage based.
If you go back to read the diary the idea was that bigger weapons are needed to punch through armour so a well armoured battleship could tank the small weapons of corvettes slowly destroying them, but with a percentage armour weapon slot size makes no difference and evasion is the superior defensive stat.

So I've reached the end game, and I'm left with a few thoughts on the game.

None of the AI empires did anything about the Unbidden. Sure, they recognized the threat and scrambled to forge alliances/federations, but I didn't see anyone else even try to close the portal.

The post-battle log is missing vital information: while it tells you how much damage was dealt, it doesn't inform the player of ship losses. It'd be nice to see how many corvettes et al. were destroyed.

Furthermore, I wish that doing genetic engineering to allow your species to be comfortable on new worlds didn't make them xenos. Sure, they're technically a new species and all that, but they're still part of the master race. Along these lines, It'd be nice if pop management had a little more nuance, like being able to selectively grant rights to certain demographics.

I'm not convinced that robot pops are actually worth building. The energy maintenance seems like it's better spent on mining stations and fleet upkeep.

The rest of the galaxy automatically becoming aware of a genocide seems broken. The malus for cleansing the Palatial District of the Fallen Empire's ringworld was a bit large considering that a) very few people should actually care about those fallen empire ass wipes and b) it's not like the enslaved population would be able to communicate with the rest of the galaxy. If there were a "I don't care where you go, but you can't stay here" resettlement option, then the mechanic might fit a bit better, but right now it strikes me as heavy handed.

Also, why the hell is it that other empires are so eager to exchange migration access? Seriously, why the hell would arctic dwelling fungi want to move to an empire full of desert and tropical worlds?

Overall, the game is alright, but it definitely could have used a little bit more polish and depth. Mods will address some of these issues, but some (like the end game chug) might be too deep in the coding to be adequately resolved by anyone but Paradox (whom we all know would rather release a subpar DLC)

AI is so obsessed with dickriding they stick to the fleet with highest score (which is sitting in for reinforcements or incase someone makes it through the meatshield vassal), instead of the ones actually kicking shit at the other side of the galaxy.

Game is clearly so fucking bare bones they probably didn't expect anyone to go super-space-jew before they could patch an AI in.

Are there any mods that allow me to take the entire Empire in a single war?

I'm fucking sick of only being able to take 3 planet bites out of 30 planet Empires every 10 years is starting to piss me off.

How the fuck am I supposed to genocide the entire galaxy now?

Are there any mods that allow me to take the entire Empire in a single war?

I'm fucking sick of only being able to take 3 planet bites out of 30 planet Empires every 10 years is starting to piss me off.

How the fuck am I supposed to genocide the entire galaxy now?

Fucking heretic you will hang on the day of the rope

Tell me about it, the other alliance won't let me cross militarily to fight the Unbidden, so now I wait and build up my fleets to go rip the shit out of the portal

All the empires next to me are with me in the same federation, so I can't expand anymore. I try my best not to piss off the core worlds next to me, which are ancients and always pissed off at me

I mean, I knew that before but still…

Actually, you could probably just let the game run in the background and never lose. Not even CK2 lets you do that.

So, how long will it take for this to be a complete game? It seems like it might be fun with more content.

Is it me or the AI is completely fucking retarded at managing sectors? I still see fucking empty spaces everywhere

AI a shit. Cant handle other faction, cant handle sectors.

Knowing Paradox it will take a few expansion packs, so likely by mid-2017.

Was supposed to quote

Every now and then I have to take out all but one planet per sector and get in there manually and fix the fuckin shit, got anything better to suggest?

Dongsmashia was here, you're empire a shit

kek
Anyway there was a post by the devs saying that in a few months they'd have a couple of things fixed up. The post battle log is completely pointless as it stands and I have no idea why they even made it that way in the first place, even considering it's completely unfinished.

Holy shit dude, gitgud

I know im a faggot but I have to ask at this point. How the hell do you download the mods on that site? Are the download buttons hidden or what?

Steam workshop u faget

See that's what I thought but it opened another tab with some other BS.

yea, to a one click hoster with ads so the russkies can grab some rubles.

LEL THIS FUCKING CHINK NIGGER WANTS TO REINSTATE SLAVERY
LEL

Ok, I really am a retard. Thanks for the help user.

this game is annoying is fuck

i cant micromanage shit like i want to because the interface is all fucked and theres shit getting in the way

This reminds me of another quirk.

What the fuck is up with the separatists getting their xeno candidates on the ballot when both voting and leadership are primary species only?

it's europa universalis in space

quite literally, I think they probably even used the same ai, except it feels an older version from eu3 or something

Im in 2446, AND "FASTEST" IS GOING AS FAST AS "NORMAL" now
Its fucking disgusting
It sometimes freezes on random days, everything animates and works, but the days are frozen and so are actions
Ships move choppily and skip around the stars

Fix this fucking shit you lazy goddamn curryniggers

I had no idea, no idea at all it had gotten this bad. Good thing I haven't purchased anything from paradox since Victoria, the first one.

AFAIK, you can have them LIBERATE all their planets, or you can vassalise them.

Once I liberate them, I tend to instantly vassalise them anyway, that way, their ethos lines up with my own.

Fifth column xenophiles are rubbing your nose in diversity ;^) But it is probably a bug. there seems to be a lot of that in the game.

And I thought Distant Worlds was expensive with all the expansions before they released Universe. My wallet had a fucking heart attack seeing this shit.

Have you seen the list for Train Simulator?

my god

I don't want to at this point.

wow, that's some next gen jewing

( ° ʖ °)🔫

They are the 'primary species' in that sector. You know what to do.

To be fair they probably have to licence the train models.

"It's not realistic" is such a shitty excuse when talking about completely fictional circumstances. They could say it would be too inefficient to be worthwhile with the technology in the setting instead. And then sell it as a feature in a DLC.

How do I win wars quicker? I have ships destroying the defences of the planets I want to cede, but the war score remains at 55%. Whenever I open up the war goals, it says said planets 'do not have any ships in orbit' or something. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?
I've been in a war with space birds for 20 years because of this shitty stalemate

Head straight for their homesystem, beat their fleet to shit, bomb their planet to shit, land troops on the planet. Then do that with other systems till they give up.

Has anyone made a Dune mod yet?

for now i just made factions House Atreides, House Harkonnen and Bene Tleilax and im making my own Kwisatz Haderach and lead humanity in Golden Way

Wait a minute are Swedes seriously making fun of liberals?

Must've accidentally slipped past the censors.

The game isn't terribly PC. Even in its lackluster state is has more ways to commit atrocities than vanilla versions of their other games.

I guess genocide is a-okay as long as you commit it on the whole species so it's not racist.

what is this faggotry

m8 just because their leaders are brainwashed and/or corrupt idiots doesn't mean their regular citizens are all in lock-step too.

No

I bet you all play fungiods and mammals.

Nowadys most slavers are Africans keeping other Africans as slaves fyi

For furries and boring human playing 40kids.

Generic humanoid aliens for a conservative taste.

The choice of four eyed weirdos.

Post-humanoid patricians.

When you want your species look like those colorful expensive fantasy dildos.

Best waifus.

So I finished one match, took me a few days. But now there's really no reason to start another game, I've seen all the content, the "races" are all the same with minor differences to stats

Set all sectors to research, dump minerals and energy, don't check on them for a decade or two. Makes for less heartache, let me tell you.

More or less. Though right now I'm just looking to see if I can break the research system with a hyper-research focused empire.

Its a paradox game. You're all morons for not waiting at least 2 years before playing it because DLC will rape any progress you've made.

Do you take 2 years to finish one playthrough? I'd be more concerned about exhausting the limited content in small shitty servings instead of in one go. Of course there's the very real possibility they will fuck the game up eventually.

No it's just that I have the opposite mentality to you.

If there's so little of it, why squander it all now?

You misunderstood me. I'm not advocating playing the game now, actually the opposite.

Just saying that the game might actually start to turn worse at some point because of Parajews.

Oh OK i misunderstood you.

But yeah, I understand that some DLC will make the game worse. It's like Conclave for CK II or or the cossacks for EU IV.

They add a few good stuff in and then add some shitty mechanic to make the game harder because the AI is so fucking retarded.

Just pirate Distant Worlds, the Stellaris war system is retarded.

No Johan, I just get bored because there is literally nothing to do in this game this casualised.

So is the Xenophobic trait worth anything? It makes other factions inherently unfriendly towards you, you get the alien slave labor sure but if you go full collectivist you can enslave anyone without penalty within your empire, and even then the fact that your pops don't care about the slave work is then negated by them having unhappiness being on the same planet as xenos.

I don't understand the purpose to it.

I set up a game where there were no A.I. empires (or so I thought), so I could settle a bunch of colonies way the fuck away from each other, hoping they would secede from the Imperium and have a bunch of different human factions, but three colonies in I ran into another empire of fukkin xenos.

There are still primitive era aliens that can still develop FTL technology over hundreds of years. It just gives you a big head start.

No way user. I've glassed three primitive planets already, but the xeno empire is bigger than I am.

Are they one of those "Fallen" Empires?

A mod that scatters humans and only humans across the galaxy in vein of Traveller seems easy enough, I'll need to look into it. Might make for a bit boring game with the current ammount of content, though.

I guess they have to be, the info screen says their military power is "Overwhelming".

How do I land troops?

it will say fallen empire.

if you can interact with them like normal empires then they are not fallen empires

Make some assault armies, embark them then right click the planet and click 'land armies'.

Sorry if I sound retarded, but where do I make assault armies?

Nevermind, I found them

Can you still research Jump Drives even if you get another end game crisis?

I'm sick of all other FTL methods being so goddamn slow when I own half the galaxy.

It's not affected by the end-game crisis. It's more likely to appear for spiritualist or when you have a scientist with psionics specialty.

Consider the following:

- Robots, droids, and synths count as a species of their own for ethics, etc.
- With research, you can elect xenos to hold positions of leadership

Does that mean you can get synth leaders, and eventually replace everything with machines?

There is a government policy for synthetic leadership and they become very common if you allow them.

Robots and droids cannot have ethics and are not affected by happiness.

Excellent. The replacement continues.

Pic related.

Shouldn't that only be for the psi jump drives? I reckon the normal jump drive tech is affected by materialist though I've yet to play an empire with that ethos. I've always put at least one dot into spiritualist and militarist, with the third going into either the aforementioned or xenophobe.

you get more realistic event dialogues and images. There are also event actions tied to ethics, and there are unique benefits in there (although I don't know of any specifically for xenophobe), like a +5% empire bonus to physics research on an early anomaly if and only if you're a collectivist or something.

Stellaris went over to a newbie project lead at some point. He may be less cucked than his seniors

Your people don't mind you for enslaving and slaughtering aliens, and you get access to all the cool policies without the pops being mad at you. Really, being a xenophobe means guaranteed high happiness in your main pop as long as you keep the aliens away from them, no matter whatever the fuck you're doing. Other empires dislike you, sure, but if you plan to purge later on, they'll hate you anyway. In other words, if you plan to use the purge button at all, xenophobe is a good trait to have.

Man im gonna fuck thst mushroom…
If you know what i mean.

Found another bug… sigh. After you capture a swarm queen, and turn into a fleet and an admiral, everytime you open the military leader's screen, you got stuck with the swarm pulsating sound. Annoying as fuck, only by reloading you can stop.

I've never played a Paradox game before pirating this one and I'm not familiar with their business practices. Is that sort of kikery normal for them or something?

see

There are at least 30 cosmetic DLCs for EU4 and 8 major ones, and more will probably come. Paradox tends to release DLCs forever, until they eventually decide to make a sequel. For illustration: Crusader Kings 2 got released in 2012 and it is STILL getting new DLCs.

On the positive side, it means they don't let their games die easily and that you can expect more and more content as the time goes.

On the negative side, they're massive sedish jews, so the DLCs are anything but cheap, and they often release their games with almost placeholder mechanics, so that they can come back to them later and release a big DLC every time they decide to fix one.

In other words, pirate everything and wait at the very least until the first big DLC (their games, Stellaris included, are borderline fucking unplayable at launch due to the million bugs, lack of content, and unbalanced mechanics).

Africans have been enslaving other Africans since the ancient times user, how is this even a surprise to you? During the time of the Atlantic slave trade, Nigs where making a lot of money selling other niggers to Europeans creating minor empires, when the slave trade declined many of these empires collapsed.

It's very normal for them, why the hell do you think you need to link your steam to their forums just to get mods? Nobody wants to buy a game where there's a fuckton of overpriced dlc so they end up pirating everything instead.

On your planets, look at the tabs underneath the screen where you manage pops.

The real reason it wasn't in was because it'll throw off multiplayer balance in our lan sessions.

:^)

Thats awsome. Next play through I will focus on corvettes only. I only play on insane which is fun but unforgiving as you learn.

Worth downloading? Or I should just keep playing Aurora?

I wasnt able use a colony ship built in a sector even after I deactivated the sector…

Worth downloading?
You mean pirating? If you even kind of like Civ type games then yes. I havnt had this much fun since Cesar III.

Dunno you have to be collectivist (read marxist) to purge and enslave your own pop so…

I'm having fun so far. I think it will be more fun when it has more content and the mechanics are more fleshed out, though. Definitely worth a pirate.

Finish up your aurora campaign then take a quick dive into the shallow pool that is Stellaris. It's worth the pirate but it's nowhere near worth buying, Paradox will say that the game is 1.0 and finished but it's painfully obvious that it's an alpha rushed off to steam for release. Overtime it'll get better for sure knowing how paradox likes to release barebone games then shit out a billion dlc with shit that should have been in the game at launch in the first place.

But now lets move on to the gameplay. Most of Stellaris as of right now is just managing pops, expanding your territory and fighting other empires. Beyond that there's nothing to do, you'll literally reach a certain point in the game where you seen everything it has to offer since there's barely any content in it at all. Also most of the game is just waiting, literally just waiting. When you're not managing pops or at war then the next big thing you'll be doing is waiting and doing nothing at all. Another thing I'll like to warn you about is the AI, it's beyond retarded and doesn't really think at all but rather do nothing the entire game besides maybe form an alliance or two but there'll almost never be war at all. The only way to fix this is to crank up the aggressiveness in the defines but even then it's too stupid to use the right fleet compositions so they end up being blown the fuck out by any player empire they wage war against.

Then you have sectors and the lame end game crisis but I don't feel like getting into that right now since you get my point here.

It's not "painfully obvious", just really obvious. It's also obvious that unlike a devs they were smart about what to delay working on. F.e., the game has basically no options whatsoever. You can do all kinds of things in the dev console that should be in an options screen.

But it's certainly worth buying. You can have plenty of fun and put dozens of hours into the game as it is. I have, lots of people have. You can also have fun with mods right now. The transport ship fix that came in an official patch was literally exactly the one-line change that any modder could've made.

The AI is fine. "there'll almost never be war at all" is RNG and rolling non-aggressive races. A slider to weight the RNG in favor of a more exciting time (although you know, it's a strategy game, you could always make your own wars instead of waiting for Ghandi to declare on you for fucking nothing) is coming soon in a patch.

I can't say where I broke the intended limit, perhaps it was wheatering the crisis and nabbing ringworlds, but the game is clearly has a point where all the mechanics stop mattering.

At the moment I'm rolling with a 2000/1000 fleet. Moving the damn thing costs a couple thousands of energy credits but that means fucking nothing, I can go around forever since all it does is reducing rates of credit/mineral/building/research. Every other empire out there have "Superior" technology but that also means jackshit when I park 20k+ fleets on each planet they have and still have a fuckzillion of roaming vassal fleets obsessed with dickriding the one with highest score and throw ground armies at occupied planets even before orbital bombardment starts.

I probably have every possible ethics and 5 or 6 subspieces among the population because fuck terraforming and matching colonists to planet type when motherfuckers start modifying themselves for free after getting the related tech.

Also Dong just won't die, I needed him to pacify another stagnant Ayy Empire. I fear my empire will fall when Dong dies.

Go away Johan, I knew it was you the moment you said it was worth buying.

Yeah, why buy it now? It will be on sale when the patches and mods that make the game worth playing exist.

Yea, once. Because after that you realize that there is no gameplay beyond the first 3 hours or so.

… so that you can play it now. Now, as opposed to literally years from now when Stellaris + dlc are all on sale. If you don't have any income, that's not shameful GET A FUCKING JOB LOSER, but you shouldn't pretend that your purchasing advice is of any worth to people who do have money to spend. I don't just spend money because that's a magical prerequisite to getting a game, but because I want to fund people who will continue to make games that I like. Of course it's probably even better to shill for a game, but Stellaris is already a success. I should be shilling for Star Ruler 2 in that case.

Why Johan and not Martin? twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/732568155281887234 Does Johan actually shill his games like this?

t. Wiz

What the fuck happened to Wiz. He used to be cool.

Lemme guess, the anomalies are the best part of the game to you? Three hours into the game, it stops being a 4x and starts playing like a grand strategy game. It's like EU4 except that instead of a historical map, you get a map that's the result of RNG and a few hours of early expansion.

And then you pursue game objectives like "I, playing with male-only rulers thanks to the Totalitarian Human Portraits mod, am now going to hunt down and enslave and forcibly resettle throughout my empire the entire populations of the three Matriarchy-mod empires that I seeded this game with"

The anomalies are like huts in Civilization. They aren't the whole game. There won't suddenly be mid-game content when PDS adds 'colony events'.

There are all kinds of early access games with paid updates that I never buy. I don't say, "don't buy this game because omigosh it costs money and I am poor." I say, "don't buy this game because it's shit."

Not everything is worth the money even if you can afford it.

Sure. And if you don't have a job … y'know, fuck this conversation.

Speaking of Star Ruler 2, I started playing it now that Stellaris got me back into 4x games. It's on Linux too, unlike SR1. Compared to Stellaris, it's polished (in its own way), has a better engine with better modding and fewer performance problems and more three dimensionality, and has actually interesting starting races (although less interesting customized races). Unfortunately it doesn't have Stellaris's overwhelming popularity so multiplayer games are harder to set up; OTOH you can realistically play an entire game in one session, and don't need to coordinate loading from a save next weekend or something. If you're looking for something to play because you hate fun and and don't want to play Stellaris until there's more to hate about it, then you'll also hate SR2 because it's kinda fun. SR2 has a new expansion that adds a cooperative defense game mode, which I've only played enough to get my ass kicked in.

Still… for single-player sessions, I'm not too happy with SR2 yet. The diplomacy is just bizarre. I prefer Stellaris's "I hate you because you're a genocidal materialist scum" to SR2's … nothing. Other empires do diplomatic stuff but I don't get a sense that I have any relations with them really.

Has anyone played a lot of Star Ruler 2, and has an opinion on it vs. Stellaris?

And there's the problem.

No, it's completely retarded on every single level. The sector AI can't develop sectors properly, diplomacy is nonexistent, the AI won't war with the players or with the various enemies from midgame events.

2-armed spiral is objectively the best map type

fite me fgts

Nah, you're pretty much right. You can have your own little neighborhood but can also access the greater galaxy at certain points.

Does DW allow you to commit atrocities easily like Stellaris does?

Depends what you mean by atrocities, and it depends on the race you are doing atrocities against.
If you talk about exterminating xenos in Distant Worlds, then yes it is possible, but I have never tried long term so I do not know how it will affect your reputation in the game. What I do now is that other planets/empires with the same spicies you are exterminating will hate you.
But yes, it allows it even more efficently with planet destroyers.

Jesus Christ, my fucking fleets will stop whatever shit they're doing - LIKE FUCKING ORBITAL BOMBARDMENTS - to engange some faggot ships 1/10th their strength.

Why is there so little goddamn automation in this if it's supposed to be Grand Strategy?

In DW, multicultural federation of every species expect the insect fuckers is the optimal method of playing. Any kind of purging or slavery is gimping yourself because the magical species bonuses you get.

Change their stance to passive dummy.

Whooops.jpg

I installed a mod that adds new races. Ya think the UI supports more than the standard amount? lol nope.

Even the mods section of the launcher freaks out at too many mods.

user how the hell did you get to the endgame? Hell how do any of you guys get to the end of Paradix games without late game-lag?

Is there just some secret way to run the Clauseitz engine that I don't know about? Where it actually takes less than a a whole minute to go through a fucking month on full speed?

tl:dr What processor do you guys run with and what can I do to stop this unbearable late game lag?

I need a fucking ringworld.

I started one last galaxy (fug hueg with one AI) with Nazi Space Birds to find out all the flavour text events and even more Alien Santa Space Elf Slave Workshops. The first Fallen I came across were these guys.

WE WUZ GALAGTIC KAISERACH!

Apperantly if you can finish Cybrex quests you get a completely destroyed Ringworld.

What can I do with a completely destroyed ringworld?

Yes, I am seriously playing these.

I never actually finish a paradox game besides EU:Rome and HOI3+darkest hour because I either lose interest mid-way through or I just get bored enough and quit out.

Purple heart = wincest.

its nothing like a gsg, its a micro-management turd

This is a whole lot of hyperbole for "I don't like queueing up systems to survey". Go upgrade stations in GalCiv3.

these burds

Research and reveal living metal, grab the mod that allows you to build Ringworlds and utterly and completely break the game by shitting a battleship every month and still be able to afford +%100 upkeep.

No that's the event, at any other time they're more hesitant to give you military access than to ally to you.

rate my dominion the dotted line is my Warp range
also every empire thats in it is a vasile/ soon to be vasile state

So, can I reeducate my pops into the fold with negative ethics divergence?

I got a few guys who are upset I enslaved them…

I wish migration was more fluid in this game. I want to infest everyone else's worlds with xenophobic, solitary, repugnant crab people to ruin their output.

HOLD THE FUCKING LINE

I honestly think you should be able to put construction ships on resource gathering autopilot because fuck that when you own 200 planets.

I'm assembling a namelist for Axis shenanigans, anons, slowly but surely. The shiplist is just thieved WW2 vessels from Germany, Italy, Japan and Britain at the moment- the last an addition to round out a planned iron cross emblem with the major state's symbols on the arms and provide more names, in addition to a Mosleyan Britain being a plausible althistory co-belligerent- with a scant few original names added, but is quite serviceable. More or less par with the human1 and human2 lists in numbers, which makes it much superior to every other generic xeno namelist. It's telling how little effort Paradox put into them. The human military station code formatting is kind of weird compared to the rest of the sections, with small stations having a limited number of manually typed sequential names instead of a sequential name code, but I'm sure I can figure out enough non-generic static defense platform names to replace this. Problem is, I'm running out of steam on planets. Any of you lot care to contribute? I was making this as a personal mod, but I'm considering throwing it up as a mod pack proper if I can get it to a decent quality. Other contributions are also plenty appreciated. The names don't have to be from the four major states' languages either, mind, although they're the priority for filling out the basic list in a roughly 1:1:1:1 ratio at about the same number of names as the human1 list, with scanter pickings equivalent to the human2 list as an acceptable compromise. Thanks in advance.

Why did they include straight up genocide while denying us Exterminatus?

I want to go from planet to planet turning xeno worlds into glass.

Extermination should be a war goal where you can't capture territory and your relations should plummet.

I mean for fucks sake taking 3 planets every 10 years out of a 30 planet Empire is not fucking fun.

Why can't I at the very fucking least purge pops on planets that i'm occupying? I can't start the genocide until the war is over and the peace treaty is signed?

Really?

Exterminatus DLC only 4.99$

Planetary bombardment is built into the war footing settings, anyway.

Nigger I have 200 fucking planets and humanity has 1457 pops after my 6 day game.

I'm fucking god I can do whatever the fuck I want.

I have a 160k doomstack.

I don't need no fucking resources.

I need to bathe in the blood of xenos.

On another note how smart/autistic do I have to be to play Aurora 4x?

Is it good like Dwarf Fortress or is it not worth it.

What can I do in the game?

It is the ultimate spreadsheet simulator, you need to be the most enthusiastic accountant to like it

Not when you've upped the amount of core planets because fuck letting the AI handle sectors

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687358103 - 'Glassing the planet' mod.

"go to port when at war" = "evasive fleet stance", basically. default for civilian ships.

I get that you want to be bored during the early game, but it's still a whole lot of hyperbole to say that queuing up a bunch of surveys means that Stellaris is a "micro-management turd", when literally every other 4x has more micro-management.

When you imagine suffocating an alien race with toxic gas from terraforming platforms in orbit you will be able to get past all of the grind.

why the fuck would xenophobic, solitary, repugnant crab people willingly choose to move to foreign worlds, and why would those worlds accept them as immigrants?

come on buddy

Neu/nova/neo/shin [place name]

For example: Neuschwaben, Neo Tokyo, Nova Roma. Alternatively, you could just use the names of philosophers, saints, artists, and scientists.

Also on another note I want the planets to actually orbit the fucking stars in the game,

I mean for fucks sake

I never knew I wanted psychic robots before but now I love them so much

I've been hoping to avoid "New X" styles of names as much as possible for being too generic, but they'll probably be thrown into the generic list as filler either as a last resort or once the list is otherwise filled out. Neuschwabenland is obligatory for an arctic world, though, definitely.

This is a good format that I ought to have considered more readily, but writer's block isn't terribly fun to work with.

Thanks for the jumpstart, user. I think this'll let me get a few more in.

Are their legs okay?

Just pretend they do and that you normally don't notice it. That's literally all that comes of planetary movement in Star Ruler 2. If I look for it, it's there. But mostly I don't.

Installed it on 1.03 and it didn't fucking work.

I can't set a glassing policy or glass planets.

What the fuck man.

I wasn't the guy calling it a turd but I do think it lacks a lot of QOL features.

Are you human
is your story a story of HUMANITY FUCK YEAH

Amazing

It's like Dorf Fort in that the hardest thing about it is figuring out what does what, and where to find the what that'll do X.
It's menus upon menus, but past that, it's not hard.
You can nuke planets from orbit, channel your autism to design ships for every possible need, gas xenos by terraforming their worlds, annihilate your own planets by launching radioactive mineral packets weighing hundreds of thousands of kilograms, autistically roleplay your donut steel faction, genetically modify your civvies instead of wasting decades/centuries adjusting atmospheres, build MIRVs within MIRVs within MIRVs (missiles are ridiculously powerful and out-range every other weapon type), get curb stomped by xenos and watch the life support on the escape pods run out as you desperately throw together a rescue fleet, claim an officer as your waifu and shower her with rewards and accolades, and design custom starting systems (want to autistically roleplay rich boss nigger from SMAC? You can do that?).
It's not the definitive 4x experience, but the minimal presentation has some charm to it.

Well my idea was that I would make a trash planet entirely designed to give pops the least amount of happiness possible. Two enslaved pops working nothing but food would make a pop that I would emancipate and it would immediately want to migrate somewhere else. They can't go to my other worlds because they're all full, so instead they'll annoy the fuck out of xenos.

Fugg. I integrated a vassal and now I have to deal with shitty slug separatists on his planet. What do? Can't purge.

Enslave and outlaw their reproduction.

But that just prevents growth, they don't just die off.

My favorite 4x game so far. it's pretty good but there's an actual learning curve to it.

All Xenos must be purged faggot

Race mod where?
Also look into this: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686981220

The race mod is pretty much shit anyway.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688140428

They kind of do, after a long time. I had to renable slave procreation because I was losing workers on some slave planets I was keeping in my core to produce ships.

Thanks anyway.

Enslaving automatically reduces ethics divergence. So that's good, also issue the reeducation edict and go to empire policies and set 'information control' on. Keep them in your core worlds instead of assigning to a sector and if you have any buildings that decrease ethics divergence, build them.

Some forms of spiritualist government get to build a 'mausoleum' this decreases ethics divergence.

Changing ethos of the entire pop takes a lot of time - decades. Better to liberate planets before you cede them that way they automatically take your ethos.

Fuck.

But then again I don't expect anything else from Paradox, who proudly believe in their own ignorance.

I just wanted to fortify the shit out of space.

But that would break out "rush the enemy capital" AI you dumbass! Now we'd actually have to put effort into it.

So you shift-clicked planets for almost a whole day?

So point defense is bugged. Once you get above a certain number of combatants in a fight, it just stops working until the number goes below a certain threshold. Something in the ballpark of 100-150 dudes total in a battle seems to do it. I can have massive swarm fleets, each equipped with the highest tier point defense, watch them get shredded by torpedoes without shooting a single torpedo down until I loose enough mans for the point defense to kick in, then all torpedo damage stops and my fleet becomes nearly invincible. Looking around I don't seem to be the first person to figure this out either. It really kills a lot of lategame spacebattles where you're crashing 10K+ fleets of a hundred of ships into each other, only to take heavy casualties that shouldn't have happened because you otherwise had your opponent out gunned.
I want to like the game but the more bugs like this that show up, the harder it is to like.

I made a Stellaris board for anyone interested enough >>>/stellaris/

Anyways, anyone up for an MP game?

Space empires 4 is pretty great if you want another x4

except the skin runs fer crap

This russian site is shit.

Can't download because it keeps getting flagged as malware.

10/10, fags

RIP humans

you just goddamn know that someone built a wall of the things and when johan couldn't figure out how to beat it he banned it

That's pretty stupid. The atmosphere by itself would make the planet million times more habitable than space, no matter how nuclear the winter is.

Wow, those bug people are gonna get rekt

ok
how about 1%
would you be satisfied then?

Not really. I don't really like the limited variety of habitable planets and the weird technological restrictions for what ammounts to mild variance in cosmic scale. If there's tons of liquid or frozen water, lots of oxygen in the atmosphere and nitrogen isn't anywhere near liquid, the planet might as well be paradise for species that can build comfortable deep space habitation.

Did you start a new game?

They need to read more John Henry. And more John Ringo. Where's my melted-down and inflated-like-a-balloon asteroid defense station?

There's a Despicable Neutrals mod that adds bonuses to defense.

In Star Ruler 2 you can create an engineless ship with an FTL drive, and cover the fucker entirely in steel plating and weapons. Battle ball.

The war demands/goals are shitty as fuck. Come on, only a fallen empire can impose "humiliation" and other forms of victory while the player is stuck with downright conquest and vassalization? EU3 back them had more option, from the vanilla.

Paradox realized they can release games in early access without telling anyone and sell the updates with actual content as DLC.

You're one of those people who complain about "malware" in cracks too right?

So is there any way to annex my vassals or do I have to end the vassalization and then wreck them again? I want to purge them and terraform their worlds to my liking.
Also is there any point to setting up sectors?