Dark Souls 3

Anything you fags hate about Dark Souls 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5SJcEyyS5l8&feature=youtu.be&list=PLYZhYRHkOZobqi_6ozqPZSzUSU9sVoP2f
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNHEH4qgtiZz6xj5PVx0SoI8QfDha9lxkkjGWGOASmQ/edit#gid=0
archive.is/71VbF
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4k74j6/107_list_of_changes/
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4k6jjf/fp_point_changes_107/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The fact that they decided to go with no poise like in des,das2 and bb really annoys the shit out of me.
it has inferior PvE to BB and inferior PvP compared to DaS1.
Dont see myself playing it much more than i already have at this point, except for the dlc when they are released.

what infuriates me is the fact that great swords despite their supposed "tracking" can easily be parried with a small shield or a parrying dagger, Dark souls 2 did it better.

The fact that 90% is copy and pasted from DS1 and the fact that DS3 is so easy it's insulting.

My theory is that they left balancing poise until the last minute, shit themselves when they had a weak to make it not a crazy stat, and then just added some quick and easy 'fixes'.

You're being intellectually dishonest if you're going to try and argue that DS3 is 'so easy it's insulting', unless you've got some facts to back it up.

In some aspects they did ok, but most of it heavily references dark souls, which for new fags it can seem confusing as fuck to start from there, dark souls 2 did a better job straying away from
dark souls in terms of story to allow better understanding of the world that is given to players.

The covenants are fucking awful
For fuck's sake, even DSII had better covenants.

DaS3 definetly is way too easy, I only died more than 2 times on 3 bosses. that being a few on champion gundyr, 8 on NK and 3 on wolnir.

Rosaria's fingers was more relevant the most covenants since you actually get to reallocate your stats

and you're a being a shill because you obviously didn't play the game or your just that fucking bad

Miyazaki never said anything about poise. It was some stupid BAMCO employee who did.

The covenant is pointless aside from reallocation, though. And once again, it's incredible one can take steps back from DSII, but this game managed to do so concerning reallocation also. An NPC should have the job of reallocation, not the only unique aspect of a pointless covenant in which joining breaks off an entire sidequest.

still, its there is no poise system, it angers me how irrelevant armor is becoming and its starting to feel like im just carrying weight at this point rather than armor, the fact that we can't upgrade armor anymore pisses me off. It's like they are trying to make it more irrelevant for tank builds and miyazaki just wants a blood souls game or some shit like that.

Miyazaki never liked the tanky combat of DS, hence why he made BB. Too bad B-Team wasn't able to reconcile both playstyles.

We can have an actual conversation, or you can plug your ears and call me a shill. Up to you.

Is there literally any benefit to wearing heavy armor at all due to diminishing returns and that the Ring of Steel Protection+2 is a thing?

How does poise work, then?

Tell us how it works then?
Oh whats that, theres no evidence to be produced that involves poise? Hmmmmm

Basically it makes you roll better. If you receive damage your next roll will have less iframes without poise.

Like this. Prepare to lose your mind at how retarded a mechanic it is now.

youtube.com/watch?v=5SJcEyyS5l8&feature=youtu.be&list=PLYZhYRHkOZobqi_6ozqPZSzUSU9sVoP2f

This has been disproven and retracted by the guys who made that video. its in fact equip load that changes that.

I'm not implying you're wrong, but…

Funnily enough, that theory has already been shown false - poise doesn't affect your rolls in any way, shape, or form.

I dislike the fact that I spent 40 levels into faith for a somewhat strong endgame lightning spear. I'm getting my ass kicked by everyone in PVP simply because I can't kill them once I open them up because shitty damage.

Also, not enough original items. I get that the games are connected but finding Ricard's rapier and Partizan with the exact same design feels lazy.

It's amazing how many retarded theories around poise are out there.

It's turned off. It doesn't do shit. Get this in your heads.

And now you going to leave and never play it again, right?

Some people seem to prefer the idea that poise has some arcane purpose, rather than accept that From intentionally flicked the switch on it.

Is this the new general thread?

What's the issue with this? Do you enjoy walking from bonfire to undead burg?

It's still ok, better than DaS2 at least.

I don't understand why they are trying so hard to create some bastard DeS/DaS hybrid with an interconnected world but with a disconnected hub.
It's such a weird dumb decision and many of the game's problems stem from it.

Go back to your kotaku.

What happened between DSII and DSIII that lobotomized half of the playerbase?

the npcs are good though

fucked if the bonfire shit doesn't piss me off though, they clearly just didn't give a shit about anything other than grafix, a bit of area design here and there and BRUTAL SO FAST TOTALLY NOT A GHETTO VERSION OF BLOODBORNE combat

It absolutely kills any sense of dread or exploration, especially when there is one around every fucking corner.
Also having to warp to a disconnected hub and sit through 2 loading screens just to level up and such just takes you out of the game.
It worked in Demon's Souls because the levels were designed around it, here it just feels needless and tacked on.
Also bonfires are useless now anyways, just gloryfied call of duty checkpoints.

I'm sorry I shat on your favorite game

Perseverence and hyper armor doesnt change the fact that heavy armor and poise is still useless.

Are you arguing that poise being turned off is a good thing? Your point is a little hard to make out.

Considering the promotional material implied there would be a bonfire shifting mechanic - having a limited number of coiled swords to create bonfires where you need one - it isn't too much of a leap of faith to imagine that the bonfire mechanics were too difficult or too time-consuming to properly implement, leading From to take the lazy decision to just place a bonfire in every spot they planned to have a possible one.

In spite of its obvious flaws, I enjoyed 3 the most out of the entire "soulsborne" franchise. All of the games are marred heavily by the litany of trademark FromSoft amateur-hour programming bullshit, but 3 was the least flawed of them all.
Sadly, that's probably the best we can expect from them.

295 hours played isn't half bad. Definitely got my money's worth, and I might even buy the inevitable DLC if it's beefy enough with a low enough price point. Maybe.

Yeah, you're probably correct on that one.
Since the bonfire placement in some areas clearly feels like an after thought.

This would've been cool as fuck if they actually went through with it.

I think they still would have had pre-set bonfires with that system, only the ones that spawn in the boss arenas though.

said it before, and i'll say it again
can't aim pyromancy properly with the mouse

It seemed that way but in the end trailer showed only 1st 5 minutes of the game which is good… Until they release another trailer that spoils every single boss.

Random coders make mods that make game work better than payed programmers. They still cant figure out how to make real anticheat and in the end they hire a lot of monkeys to press punish button. It took them less than year to release "premium" version of ds2 and more than a year to fix durability bug which could be fixed by editing config files. They are bad and lazy.

But the way they are holed up in their own separate corners never interacting or even acknowledging each other makes firelink feel like majula 2.0

I would've really liked to have more npcs out in the world instead

Traditional poise is off because it'll make PVP even more of an absolute shitfest than it already is.

And you two don't keep up with the times. That video is from late April and a few days ago someone found out the actual mechanics.

When you get hit and try to roll out, that roll will have less i-frames the less poise you have, which means with less poise you are more likely to get hit a 3rd time during someone's combo when you try to roll out, whilst having high enough poise will let you get away from the 3rd attack.

It's dramatically situational and still useless though, because most players with low poise will have enough roll distance since they're not wearing huge armor, while players with lower roll distance from heavier armour will have high poise and won't lose the i-frames to get hit by the 3rd attack.

I'd be more inclined to believe what you're saying if you could provide me with another video or source to back you up. I'm not dismissing what you're saying, but I'd like some proof.

For fuck sake. Patches scammed onionbro, they both know/help greirat. Whatever her name wants you to kill Orbeck. Adre gives you message from crestfallen. Shrine handmaiden is grandmother of Sirris.

It's a shitfest because there isn't a way to really deal with the cancerous estoc r1 meta other than parry spamming which is hard when the person in the other world is running on mcdonalds wifi

here nigger

Fairo. Fucking From.

Funny enough I don't find many Estoc users in organized fights, not even in invasions, 2H UGS is all the rage right now because you can't parry it.

i uninstalled after 10 minutes

Whats next? Casters? Or even worse - everyone would agree that game is balanced?

Nothing to do with them being holed up in firelink

and that's it in majula 2.0

None of that makes firelink feel any less dead

barely

still doesn't make firelink feel any less dead.

The violently autistic soulscucks who infest this board.

They're worse than the DOOM shills and undertalefags

In a mechanically simple pvp game like Dark Souls, hard counters and RPS style of balance is inevitable. UGS is still going strong too because of its hyper armour against other weapon types.
Fighting a 2H UGS player is much like fighting a versatile grappler in a fighting game; one mistake or overextension can mean death.

PVP is thrilling to me with how stupid it already is to be honest, poise would ruin the magic.

The majority npcs in DaS3 could've all just stayed in their own separate corners in the game world and it wouldn't had made the least bit of a difference to them.

I think figured out that Poise would have been OP in pvp and they removed it last minute. They kept Hyperarmor since that sounds more balanced.
Honestly I'm ok with that, strenght builds would have been OP with poise and hyperarmor at the same time. Now quality builds rule and it's not that bad.

I don't care about the copy paste from DS1, the level design is awesome, Farron Keep is mediocre but levels like Undead Settlement, Cathedral of Deep, Irithyll, Lothric Castle, Archdragon peak have great vertical design and just feel great, better than most areas in DS1. Plus the game is very consistent, it' s good all along, while DS1 lost some magic in the second half.

Cons:

a bit too easy
too many bonfires
convenants are still bad, 3 games later that's not acceptable

Fuck you.

No fucking difference whatsoever.

That wasn't exactly a marriage.

None of those mention character interactions necessary for those characters to be in the same area, or why they needed to be in Firelink Shrine.

i mean sure hyper armor sounds viable against r1 estoc spam fags, but you also have to take into account for weapon arts on dexterity based weapons, they are utter cancer. Despite my hyper armor with a 2H Zweihander and using a heavy attack, i find myself being stun-locked by beyblade spammers and their bleed damage, they should reenable poise, but make it where the first 2-3 hits stun naturally but to prevent the 2 hit stun abuse that i've been locked into, you can counter that with having poise after the 2 stuns, it would prevent the spin to win bullshit from weapon arts.

Plunging a sword into a lifeless corpse seems about right for sex during marriage.

Hello to you too donte

this

Invaders are likely to have more PvP experience, and can use the enemies on the map to their advantage. They're not totally gimped, invasions just play different than they used to.

It is.

She/he is undead. You even meet her/him again. See?
And if ds2 is canon about shattered Manus, she could be shard of Manus.

i still hate the way pvp invasions work, i dont want to deal with the consistent gank squads.

B- but that's dishonorabu user.

PvP as it stands is pissing in an ocean of piss.

I don't really understand how they managed to make a game that's pretty damn fun singleplayer but fuck up the multiplayer so badly.

How does that even happen? The good bits of the game must have come from somewhere, why haven't those people done anything about the online aspect of the game?

Ganksquads receive priority during invasions. No map advantage since they just always stay in the same place.

PS. If you purchase her armor from handmaiden (s)he will be naked during ending.

No one with phantoms have any honor. There is no honor in a 4 vs 1 fights.

Every game takes at least half of year to balance everything.

sometimes when i invade the host is alone and struggling with some npc… then i stab him in the back

because Miyazaki has immense autism and he knows we are suffering but he's too busy glorifying bloodborne since tank builds wont give him ptsd anymore

I very rarely encounter actual noobs and usually try to make the fight fair. Shitters get no mercy.

You know what happens with DS1 poise enabled in DSIII? R1 spammers walk through heavier weapon hits and spam you to death during your slow swings.

Hyper armor, no original poise ensures that the heavier weapon user still has to start an attack at around the same time as the faster weapon in order to shrug it off and trade in favour. That allows them to win trades without allowing people to walk through attacks or start their own attack in reaction to retroactively poise through..

I have no idea what poise as a stat does and frankly I don't care. People bitching how they get stunlocked haven't adapted and use the mechanics that gives them that poise they're crying for. You don't even need to have Ashen Estus sip and you can put them all to normal Estus.

Also outside of Havel you need to be a retard if you can't get a medium roll build with heavy armor and big weapon. Maybe if you're using big weapons and shields, but at that point you shouldn't be rolling anyway.

wew

that anons point still stands

It wouldn't

She could've just started selling you stuff in there instead, wouldn't had made a single difference to anyone else.

Gathering the NPCs at Firelink was a matter of convenience, nothing more. Too bad they put them in the shittiest places regardless.

I mean, you even have a justification lore-wise: You're the Champion of Ash, your purpose is to drag the asses of the Lords back to Firelink, almost every NPC has an interest in your success.

i am an actual noob but still want to invade, that's why i take every chance for a kill

Having the npcs move to firelink is nothing less than a needless formality

I'm not talking solely about the broken invasions, but about how most of the covenants serve no purpose, or are broken. Not to mention the horribly half-assed anticheat. They could've simply went with a report based system, but I guess that would've involved keeping one dude keeping track of the whole thing and that's just unacceptabru

It wouldn't have made a difference to anyone anywhere.

Moving to firelink is just a formality.

still this.

Why would Karla go to Firelink Shrine when most people there are suspicious of her? Why wouldn't she seek solitude somewhere else?

And can you think of even one more example to fit your claim? That's not even an example of characters interacting, just one character and their presence in the hub.

I'm using Black Knight Glaive for pvp, it eats beyblade spammers alive, halberds in general fuck them in the ass. The current meta is unfortunately full of dual wield darkmoon or crystal fags, so for now halberds are the chemo.

You idea about poise would be good, unfortunately we both know From won't implement anything like that.

Because she teaches you spells in gratitude for releasing her from fucked up prison? Because everyone in firelink is kinda owe you/you are their fucking lord/everyone is just as bad as her, because its most peaceful place in the world/because she is not welcome anywhere else?

Have any of you played the game or its just me?

Some of the grab attacks still have fucked up hitboxes, and can have very little startup animation.

The lack of good poise along with the increased speed and combo potential of enemies makes strength weapons a chore to use.

Some of the character creation options are terrible, like the hair choices.

Some enemies with projectiles can see you and hit you from fucking miles away. Those fireballs on the way to Yhorm are a good example. Stuff like that just cheapens the experience to me.

On a positive note, I agree with in that the levels feel more consistent. I think some later ones are just as good as some early ones, and there are some lame areas too but nothing is Lost Izalith tier shit to me.

Again, none of those require the NPCs to be in Firelink, and none of them interact with each other. In fact the most interesting parts of the knights' side plot happens outside of the Shrine, there was no good reason for them to visit it.

But why would she teach you spells in Firelink when there's no good reason for her to be in Firelink? She could have chosen refuge anywhere, she's only placed there for the player's convenience. There's an abandoned tower just a short walk away where she could be by herself.

none of those are with characters interacting with anyone other than the player.

So basically the only reason they are in firelink is just some formality.

most interesting parts of any questline happens outside of firelink.
They might as well hibernate when they are in there, wouldn't make a single difference.

For. Fuck. Sake.

nice refutation

HMM, I FUCKING WONDER

Having examples doesn't mean they're good examples, I've already explained why you need to come up with some better ones or better support the ones you've already listed.

now now mate.
It's certain that the npc-s are placed there for convenience for the player. But it also makes sense story-wise.
For most of them your character is their lord and master so it makes sense for them to be where they are easily accessible, and firelink is the place you yourself are bound to (as Ludleth says)..
also for lots of them I get the feeling that they have nowhere else to go anyways

Slaughtering everyone before going in to ng+ has never felt better

So seeing as magic is terrible, would this with any kind of popy armor be a viable pope/deacon build?

More on the lock on:
A sitting enemy will break lock on when they get up.

I'm surprised that this gets barely mentioned in generals.
Everyone complains that it's "too linear" or "too centralized", in fact it's just really fucking short and it gets painfully obvious on your second playthrought.
It has huge, kinda complex areas but once you explored them thoroughly you realize that the main path is awfully short.
Heck, you could probably speedrun it in less than 3 hours with 2 Sun buttbuddies.

Also covenants a shit. A SHIT.

world record is down to 1 hour

Fashion is never useless.

They were only of npc/player interactions anyway, which by themselves still doesn't require the need for them all to be holed up in a disconnected hub area, other than muh demon's souls

And the few npc/npc interactions all take place outside of firelink shrine anyway, except crestfallen giving a note to andre which he then passes on to the player, the rest of them just stay inanimately in their own little corner not giving a toss about anyone else.
and that's why having them stay in their own place in the game world wouldn't make a difference to anyone, it maybe would've been better since that would've given you a reason to travel around the world a bit more.

It all boils down to that the only reason they are there in the first place is just some formality, at least in Demon's Souls they had a reason to be in the nexus, and DaS1 firelink just happened at the crossroads to pretty much anywhere in lordran so naturally npcs would frequent it on their way through their own separate journeys.

I'd rather have a short game that offers interesting build options and NG+ than a long game that is tedious and blocks you off from the majority of items for a long time.

Sadly, DS3 manages to do both.

SERIOUS OPINION ON WHERE POISE FUCKED UP AND HOW TO FIX IT

The issue with poise is that you have an item that gives you the benefit without sacrificing other benefits. DS1 did this by allowing you to equip the wolf ring with near zero weight penalty. This allowed low level builds with low endurence. Add the fact elemental weapons allowed low level stats in strength and dex which allowed people to deal massive damage especially dex weapons as most of them have little weight. So how would you go about balancing this.

1. Get rid of the poise rig.
This would be hard to do considering it's so tied into the lore so the only other option is to lower the poise number and to increase it's weight.

2. There are two options to this.
a. Remove weight penalty for weapons and shields.
b. Equiped weapons and shields (not just what's visable in hands) increase poise.

Either option will stop light dex weapons having a huge advantage over strength weapons.

3. Increase poise damage output on weapons that are heavier to carry.

This should balance out the game much better, not just for PvP but also for PvE. If this was implemented then we wouldn't have the need for hyper armor.

As a side note casting speed should always be linked to attunement rather than dex. After three games From Software should know by now how stupid it is to not link casting speed to that stat.

This is true for all Souls games.

*manages to do both wrong.

It's short, tedious, has no replay value via NG+ OR builds and blocks off important items until the late game.

Any% time is down to under 52 mins, and all bosses is under 1 hour 5 mins.

Pretty fucking crazy for how short the game has been out. However, these times are comparable to DS1. Running past most content doesn't exactly make a game short, but in this case DS3 is pretty short. My first time through was ~26 hours with only missing 2 areas. The low viability of many builds makes replaying less appealing too, so I have a feeling the game will get dropped pretty quickly except for the diehard pvp fags and maybe speedrunners.

Here's a pretty good example of a speedrun with all the bosses (aka no glitches or sequence breaks). Barely above an hour.

Forgot my FUCKING embed

Maybe it's because in DS1 you couldn't teleport until late game, but the world felt bigger.

Is that right? I guess it really is just an impression then.

Faith being somehow even shittier than in DaS2. Gonna keep my foolish hopes of it getting better in the future and make my 2nd build STR.
Trivial, but besides Onionbro, I'm not liking the NPCs all that much. Probably because of how obtuse most questlines are.

And to copy paste my salty rant from the last topic…
I think this game takes the cake for largest amount of obnoxious enemies in the series:
When the skeleton wheels feel tame I dare say we have a problem. But again, the salt talking.

I think Ni-Oh does that, at least for the weapons.
It would be a much welcome bone tossed at players that want to fiddle with the heavier toys like the poor user in the last thread that just wanted a Eygon cosplay build.

Well no they actually facefuck you

Why do you think he powers up when he dismounts

The fact that enemy damage is so low compared to the other games.

I dont like the way they tried to make the combat faster.
Keep the fast combat in Bloodborne, make this game about stamina management and playing carefully timing your own attacks.

In Dark Souls and Demon Souls the last thing you wanted to do was fight more then one enemy at a time.

In this game its seems like most fights revolved around multiple enemies at once.

And I think I know the reason why, with From lowering the damage enemies do, they had to "make the game harder" by forcing you into fights with multiple enemies.

I believe this is why poise was turned off as well. Most enemies only really damage you when they combo you into a mutliple hit stunlock. If we had poise we could just poise through enemy hits and kill them before they could kill us, which is completely opposite of the first two Souls games.

This was my biggest gripe with the game, I also dont like the way they seemed to just ignore Dark Souls 2 from a lore perspective and design perspective they got rid of some of the good things DaS2 did.

It could have used a few more bosses as well. And the Profaned Capitol is this games unfinished area, its was a huge let down for me.

Overall though, I really enjoyed the game. Might be my second favorite, I'd have to play Demons again to properly asses where this one stands.

Are all gankers in the area after the Pontiff mentally retarded?

-They use the dried finger but only have 1 phantom against 3 invaders

-They keep all the enemies alive in the area and then get constantly killed by them

-If the phantom (or phantoms, because some have some semblance of intelligence) dies the immediate reaction of the host is to run back to summon more where he'll eventually get cornered

I don't get it, are they trying to make it easy to kill themselves or are they just stupid?

uncultured swine

I keep hearing about poise system but I coompleted the game without figuring out what people are complaining abut.

The poise stat's original function was turned off by From for reasons unknown.

Poise is a null value. Regardless of how high your poise is you will always go into hitstun after getting hit (barring moves that give you hyper armor). Video in question is what poise looks like when the value is turned on.

The one problem I see here is that chugging becomes even less punishable. But it's not punishable at all so that shouldn't be a big deal.

By stacking high poise your poise will be lower than "max"
If your poise on paper says that you should have 40, you'll end up with 35 maybe, and the wolf ring will only add 1 or 2 points instead of proper percentages

I still don't get it, I completed the game without any issues.

Yeah, you can work around it really easy in singleplayer, but it's rather crap when it comes to pvp.

Were you using heavy armour?

I can see that, I'm not a PvP type myself but I guess no staggering at all/only staggering can be limiting.

Those Aldrich Faithfuls are some real cunts though.

I completed the whole game using Lothric Knight armor, seemed like I just couldn't find any armor with better overall stats.

its a mix between hell hound, crocomire and gaping dragon

That's Guts innit?

thats gut's inner animal

Yeah I'll admit this one was a bit of a bastard. I died on a single jump goat that I knew was coming about six times because of that throw. There was something off about where in the animation it could grab you.

You can beat the game just fine without it, but it discourages diversity in builds, same as some weapon types being total shit. There's no point playing as a heavy knight because poise is garbage and it just makes it harder to roll, just like there's no point in playing a dick-ass thief because daggers have shit scaling and AR.

Well yeah, it's really damn quick, feels like it's almost instant startup after he starts running towards you. Just dodge earlier and you won't get a face full of goat wang.

Thrall axe is hella fun, though.

Dark Souls 2 had poise, just not to the insane levels DS1 had.

Two-handed greatswords and greataxes R1 and R2 cannot be parried in DS3: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNHEH4qgtiZz6xj5PVx0SoI8QfDha9lxkkjGWGOASmQ/edit#gid=0

I never thought the enemies were too weak. If anything the damage can be excessive on some guys with how fast they are. Add in multiple enemy encounters and I don't think the damage is too low at all.

Thrall axe is also the only quickstep weapon that isn't worthless. The only thing a dagger has over the thrall axe is bleed, and you can fix that with rouge.

When can we start gassing them

Gobble me knob, user-chan.

well if you are in the warriors of the sun covenant you are more likely to be summoned to another world with another red in it.
of course this means the host used dried fingers and is most likely ganking but 2v3 or 2v4 is better than 1v3

The thing that annoys me most about Dark Souls 3 is the shit community. God I can't even enjoy the game without a bunch of colossal cunts sending me whining messages or reporting my profile. I had to change it or risk getting banned. When did the Dark Souls community get so damn retarded?

JewTube and Twitch happened.

I mean the influx of cancer was only a matter of time.
But there is a subtle difference between just smoking a lot and jamming radioactive waste into your anus.

with pleasure

DS2 was the watershed moment. It worked well enough and was advertised enough so that casuals could jump on the le hardcore geam bandwagon.

What brightness setting do you play on? Most of the time, I go with 0 myself, but when I want to take a screenshot like this, that's in a really dark area, I turn it to default 5.

This is without a doubt the greatest achievement of the English race

Now imagine having this shit as the default dub option in your vidya.

>Oi ashen one, ya slack cunt! Care te have a gander at me demons?

I crank it up every time. Fuck squinting to make out details on the screen.

armor is pretty much useless all the game does is detect if you have armor at all, then gives you damage reduction

As always the absolute worst part of the game is the community

I just made an absolute abomination of a character that I intend to use for pvp, but I'm terrible at names. Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm just gonna say what we're all going to be saying in 3 months when the taste of Miyazaki's dick washes off your mouths.

1. It wasn't very good.
2. They're doing the same thing as call of duty guys do but you'll excuse them.

what the shit how can anyone die there? he's even EASIER than his tutorial boss version

Trying a bit too hard.

Not even close.

The lack of warping is half of why I think Blighttown is the best area in the series. You're at a bonfire high up on some shitty rafters in some shitty swamp surrounded by enemies that you don't want to fight. There's no easy way to get back to happy sunlight land since you can't warp from the bonfire and walking backwards would be a pain in the ass, so all you can do is trudge on forwards. I haven't played a game that made me feel as doomed and scared as I was in Blighttown, and even though the Valley of Defilement had better level/enemy design I don't get the same feeling from it since I know that I can always just die and go back to the nexus at any point.

your taste is shit. SHIT.

I like the ones who point down on you after a duel where they only spammed R1 and only have an asian dick left of hp.

its the same shite boss with like 2 new moves, but this time you are 100 levels higher instead of a newfag wearing fuckall, and he doesn't even transform this time around

Except tutorial gundyr is easier after he transforms because he takes like 3x damage, while champion gundyr never stops attacking and has no blindspots.

I've honestly never understood the amount of praise the Souls games get.
They're alright games, and I've played all of them through at least once to try and see what the point it all is, but I don't really find them all that fun.

A basic souls boss fight can be won by just:

Which is fine at first.
It was engaging enough in the first game, but when you learn how to dodge attacks, every boss fight is essentially the same boring grind of
And they've done this for three games now.
I've found it's not as fun as it used to be, since it's just a shinier version of the game I played in 2011.
I'm not complaining about difficulty, because people will probably mistake this post as a complaint of the game being too easy.
I'm complaining about how monotonous most of the combat is, in a game that is 90% about the combat.

It also doesn't help that the RPG aspect of the game can be boiled down to:

for me he's easily the hardest boss in the game, his moveset is extremely difficult to predict and I get hit by his kicks 70% of the time. He isn't that bad in the first half but he is super intense once he goes into ragemode.

Definitely my favorite fight.

What exactly are you comparing them to though? There aren't a lot of games with this style of combat, and you can describe a lot of good action games similar to how you described this.

It's okay if you don't get the appeal, each to their own. I can't stand FPS but understand that to some they are the best thing since tummy rubs.

I love everything a Souls game brings. Neither of them are perfect but what they bring overall combined together (atmosphere, combat, vistas, level design) I find hugely satsisfying that I siimply can't get from a lot of modern games.

I feel the same way. I was never a big fan of dark souls but I do enjoy the unique atmosphere and enemies this game brings, yes, the combat is fucking monotonous as hell, which is why I skip most shit given the opportunity, I play through the game once look at the dead corpse of my enemies just enjoying how weird they look (like the witch whales) and while I just walk around the area after I clear a place and just wonder how everything just turned to shit. But in order for me to fully enjoy the game and not get sick of dying repeatedly because I get too lazy fighting the same enemy more than 3 times I limit myself to only playing dark souls through maybe like 2 hour sessions twice a week. And in offline only, I never cared for multiplayer in any game. Co-op just makes me feel like to much of a liability and it fucks up my focus because I pay to much attention to whoever I'm playing with.

You are all fucking posers and faggots.
I hope you choke on fromsofts pathetic little cock, and to think you faggots paid for this pile of rehash shit.

Get Fucked.

😂👌

I think the game has some of the best visually designed enemies in the series.

I like the bonfire you can activate within eyesight of another bonfire.

And poise was a shit mechanic, I'm glad its dead.

Just beat Pontiff and Aldrich of the deep today.

Pontiff was a lot of fun, but Aldrich varied from being fun but challenging to complete asshole spamming arrows

He was either chill or just would pop up, immediately arrow and then throw the magic missiles, and disappear back into the ground. I found that if I just ran at him for the most part I could take care of him but it was annoying.

One thing I hate is how fucking bad the mace is. Don't get me wrong, I play with a mace and have not had too much trouble with the game and do fine in PVP.

However, it's got really telegraphed swings, it has trashy recovery rollout time, and the charge up for the initial swing is slow. It doesn't even have the range or damage to compensate for that. You basically have to fucking love maces to even play them, because practically everything else does it better in every regard. You don't even get offered better maces for the longest time, you're just stuck with the regular starter mace.

It's like I'm willingly playing with a disadvantage when I use one. Since it has a very short range and slower strikes than you would want, any player in PVP can dodge roll away and they're out of your range, but they can still hit you with no risk because it has no gap closing functionalities that aren't telegraphed/slow as fuck. I've still outwitted and beaten people with it in PVP, but it really doesn't feel like I'm gaining anything worth taking the mace for compared to other weapons. Yeah, perseverance can be decent vs bosses when you want to rush a few hits uninterrupted to finish them off, but players know better and the only people I've ever killed by using it were retarded in the first place.

Being a mace wielder is suffering when you try out other weapons and see how much better they are. I'm going faith too, and it's PITIFUL how fucking bad lifehunt scythe is. It does shit damage, doesn't pass through guards, doesn't really heal you, and is slower than molasses.

WARNING: NEVER, and I mean EVER, buy the logitech F310 controller. It's got the shittiest shoulder buttons of all time to the point where if you're not mashing them, the input won't register. Now imagine if that's happening when you need to be blocking or attacking. My real life friends tried it too, and confirmed that it was trash. GET A REAL PC CONTROLLER, SAVE YOURSELF THE PAIN.

still anal bbleeding for us calling you on your bullshit ? you claimed to know about quality and came up with a $15 chinnese knock up

If you aren't using a straight sword, thrusting sword, katana, halberd or greatsword/axe you're basically just gimping yourself. Hammers, axes, basic curved swords, fist weapons, whips, scythes, daggers and spears are all just straight up worse for one reason or another.

I think you replied to the wrong guy, man.

checked

Yeah, I 100% agree. I just like maces. I tried using the estoc on another file and it was fucking broken compared to my mace.

Nothing I hate about the game, honestly, but I haven't done any online play. I'd probably not like that.

Seems pretty cut and unfinished to me.

It's finished.
Apparently from his other videos the pendant and the (newly renamed) crest of Artorias are also cut. These 2 items were definitely cut early on though.

Would explain the "season pass dlc" the day the game came out. From went full jew on this installment.

Yeah because I love exploring the same place over and over again. U wot m8 how does warping to a bonfire you've already been to, make exploring any different?
That's a totally different thing.
The Man Who Was Shitposted To Death

That's a pretty good point user, I didn't like blight town, and I certainly didn't enjoy having to get the fuck out of there once I'd gotten balls deep in mud. But it instilled a feeling of dread and Dark Souls 3 didn't manage to capture any of that, it probably was because you could always just leave the area. I think there should be bonfires which can and can't be warped to. But the game should be more intelligent with which you could and could not warp to, not being able to warp to undead burg was a huge pain in the ass and really just seems like an oversight.

New patch soon.

Will blues finally be able to help people?

Really enjoyed the abyss watchers fight since you could actually combo the fucker.

Fight needed more adds though, I want a real brujah.

that's why he's parry bait

git gud

I hope it got better because that's the only Katana I can use without feeling like a fag.

It's literally impossible to mage of any kind, even pyromancer unless you utilize glitch exploits.

You have less health, less damage, less scaling. You also have around 10 or so spells (good spells that is) before your FP pool is drained, especially at lower levels.

Pyro demands you to put stats into literally everything to do a lick of damage.

Faith builds are just buffers which is still a bad idea as split damage is back to being bad.

Sorcerers die in one, maybe two hits in order to kill something and are now the epitome of glass cannon.

Maybe I just can't into magic with this game but seriously it fucking sucks.

cute

I really want to get a good faith build going but it's slowly killing me. At one point I had hit level 50 and reached irithyll but the stat allocation I had to have just to use the completely useless lightning spear miracle, or to heal more than twice means that build is useless, doesn't do enough damage or have enough versatility to fight any of the enemy clusters.
I got frustrated and re rolled a str40 dex30 build and absolutely breezed through that area (and the entire rest of the game, honestly). You can tell from really fucked up on the casters this time.

not again

I've honestly been sucking shit with a pyro build since I started. Maybe it's just because it's only SL52 so far?

But honestly I've struggled more with my spellcaster mixes (surprisingly the spellblade breaks the pattern since it's just "dump points into INT for melee damage" sort of thing) than anything else in the game.

For some reason I really dislike ds3 so I sold it.

But I love bloodbourne. Ds3 is just too horrible for me to play.

They should've kept spell aiming with binoculars from DaS2. And yes, I know about all the fucking binocular exploits in DaS2, like animation cancelling or charge attack snap-aiming, but it would be better to fix those and keep binocs as an actual useful item instead of taking it back to the gimmickness of DaS1 binocs, where they are only useful in the first playthrough, and in lorewankery playthroughs.

Of course, >implying From ever fixes anything

Gamma always at 0. The game looks washed out as it is, even worse at default suggested gamma settings.

What about black blade? It's so short and has a slightly different moveset than other katanas.

Thats bullshit. Why is there not a weapon or shield that casts pyromancies?
And where the fuck did immolation, dance of fire. and lingering flame go?

All pyro gets is the white hair talisman.

So i guess this is now the new general?

Patch incoming:
The servers will also be offline for maintenance on May 20th from 10am to 12pm CEST.

Main Adjustments:
Adjusted the efficiency of the Great shield category
Adjusted the consuming FP of the Magic Spell Category
Adjusted the efficiency of the category below:
- Dragon Slayer’s Axe
- Crescent Axe
- Dark Drift
- Washing Pole
- Moonlight Great Sword
Fixed the shield penetration rate of the partial attack in the scythe category
Fixed the stamina attack of the partial weapon category.
Improved the matching of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels covenants.
Improved the password matching rate
Improved other game balance
Several game flaws fixed.

it also gets to not be shit

What's the deal with the caestus users? I haven't gotten far into the game at all, is caestus good this go?

Bundles are so cool.

Nope. Absorption beyond 20 or 25 points stops being a 1:1 ratio of points to percentage damage reduction and falls off very sharply. Fat rolls are very slightly worse than medium rolls and medium rolls are insignificantly worse than fast rolls. The whole game just wants you to dress up in whatever medium armor you think is the prettiest. If you like heavy armor you can just go fuck yourself it seems.

Wait, so you CAN riposte Champion? I never managed to find the sweet spot.

Absorption fall-off has been shown to be a myth. Absorption shows the percentile reduction after the armor reduction, and it does not drop off at 20%.

Pardon the plebbit link, it came up when looking up info through google.

archive.is/71VbF

From my experience, all oh his attacks except the charge+swing and strong overhead chop can be parried.

Can you parry the kicks and shoulder tackles?

I've tried but have only gotten partials that failed to set him up for a riposte. Makes sense, since you can't parry player kicks…

Oh, duh. I guess I should have included those as attacks that can't be parried, but I was thinking solely of the halberd…

I've started using them. You can use bundles while sprinting

Anime as fuck.

Huh, that's interesting considering I didn't notice a difference in the damage I took between wearing Tarkus' armor or whatever lighter gear I could wear that also had a focus on fire resist. Noticed no difference between them when I went and reallocated my stats to put all the points I had in carry weight into smashing things harder. That's just anecdotal evidence though. I only switched armor around when fighting the cripple bros or the final boss, both of which deal a lot of fire damage.

Not like it matters to me now, I'm never going to do a second playthrough.

You can feel pretty good about yourself when you play a pyromancer - CBV and GCF are good spells, and Sacred Flame is a lot of fun (don't be a faggot and use the glitched version) in both PVP and PVE.

Sorcery, on the other hand, is hot garbage. You have to make a ton of trade-offs, but the end result isn't even that good - the only really viable sorcery builds for PVP use soul stream and the obscuring ring. After doing an int playthrough, I made a new character that uses a Refined AGS + 6 at SL60 and I'm far, FAR more capable.

How about miracles, are they any good?

We don't talk about faith builds.

Lightning spear is probably the worst spell in the game. The buffs are alright but dont last long enough.

I use a faith build for both pvp and pve and there are definitely worse ways to play.

Well that was scary. I tried to reload but got an infinite loading screen, followed by alt+f4 not actually ending the process…

It exists and probably managed to completely soil the action RPG genre single handedly. I think that's probably the worst thing, although I suppose it applies to all the souls games.

Man they really know how to write patchnotes that give you absolutely no information whatsoever.

Generally speaking i don't like the game all that much. Replay value is shit because

It's also easy as hell.
Bloodborne managed to be hard regardless.
And there were a lot of deliberate decisions

I hope they patch things in the following weeks, but all in all it's worse than either DeS, DaS1 or BB. Still a good game, but nothing to write home about.

Jesus fuck being cryptic and vague is one thing but that doesn't even begin to tell you anything.

Sacred oath and bountiful sunlight can be useful if you're really into co-op and you have hosts frequently die on you at bosses, dorhy's gnawing can be effective against some enemies and bosses. The rest are very underwhelming from what I remember.

look at this overdramatic faggot hating on something because it got popular

Part of the declinr of the series IS its popularity and le ebin maymays around it.

K

They have always been pretty terrible, user.

"it may have been a shit series but it was OUR shit series"

Now its infested with reddit shitters

I guess. Adding some peanuts or corn doesnt make it not a turd, though.

-too short
-reused areas+boss in an already short game
-build variety is in the pits, everyone is r1 estoc in rags flipping around
-feels like they just tried to shove everything into a BB system instead of making a souls game

I did like the NPCs, creature design, and twinbros, though.

If you're planning a sorcerer/caster build, it may be worthwhile to invest in the minimum faith in order to cast Tears of Denial. It'll help out especially since casters are pretty low in the way of HP and estus.

Other than that, I can't recommend it unless you do a lot of co op and want to heal+buff your friends.

God fucking damnit

Maybe co-op was the whole point of a sorcery character?

Pure sorcery is a lot of fun in co-op, no lie. The damage you can put out is awesome.

I was toying with the idea of a faith co-op build focusing on healing and buffs, but I figure the raw damage that sorcery can bring would far outweigh that in most circumstances.

I wish it were longer and I wanted some challenge bosses.
Overall it was kind of short and 2EZ

do faith/int as your main stats and just use pyromancies.
You'll outdamage everyone, and also have access to some very interesting dark abilities.

You can tell the intended early Dancer and Oceiros to be new Four kings, but there is absolutely no reason to do it early. there's nothing to gain that gives you an advantage early on from going to dancer, oceiros or lothric castle out of sequence.

I tried that out and enjoyed it a lot, used Great Chaos Fireball and Vestiges to take care of bosses fast while having access to plenty of miracles.

The only reason I went back to sorcery is because I personally just like how some of the spells look(even if GHSA is the only one worth using).

Can pyromancy outdamage fully buffed sorcery? I've never done a comparison, but mage has the dusk crown and sage staff on-use to push it a little ahead, yes?

Yeah all those souls and upgrade items, as well as powerful mid-endgame weapons are totally not worth it.

Nope.

Not at all.

Covenants are items and switchable whenever, wherever, with no penalty.

If you're going to go this way, why have them at all?

it honestly depends on what spells you're using as well as the defense of what you're hitting.

Honestly it's not really a comparison that should be being made, as the two branches have different uses and utilities. For instance, the lava pools you leave from pyromaniacs are incredibly useful for pvp, and fire is usually harder to dodge.
Magic does have potential to do more damage faster, but you'll lose out on utility for pvp and gain utility for pve.

With int/faith though, the pyromaniacs will definitely do more damage to some bosses, where as magic will do more to others. and you'll also be able to use spells that mimic the utility of magic as a defensive (affinities/buffs)

Weapons are overbalanced. earlygame weapons like the shortsword and estoc are on-par with everything else in the game, if not stronger. the butcher knife outclasses every weapon until endgame greatswords and the dark sword.
The souls aren't worth that much, and though they might make the rest of the game easier, you don't need them in any way, you've already undergone high challenge to get those souls and level limits mean you'll be overlevelled for invasions.
as far as upgrade materials go, there's a weapon scaling limit on invasions, and searching the early-midgame levels well will put you as high as you SHOULD be for invasions.

What made the 4 kings worth doing early was the covenant access.

There is apparently some penalty involved. I was in Rosaria's Fingers and lost a couple NPC allies for it. Don't think I ever had to fight them though.
There is also a place where you can ask for absolution or whatever it is that forgives you of covenant ills.
So there is an intended penalty but I guess nobody ever sticks to a covenant long enough for one. Either that or you have far more neutral ones than ever before?

I bet if I picked any of the other non-Deprived classes it'd be the same shit.

That's slightly bullshit and now I'm at a complete loss.

Aldritch was a complete joke vs pyromancy, it was awesome.

I think I'll make a second character just so I can have both a sorcerer and a pyro and co-op on the bosses they're strongest on respectively. Should be a lot of fun, thanks!

When I played, I first ran Herald and got my shit kicked in because spears somehow got even worse, and then went with Knight and beat him in one go.I found out that you can attack him after you pull the sword out and before the health bar shows up and it'll still count as damage.

You're pretty shit at the game, but yes estoc is strong.

Does anyone have an archdeacon greatstaff to spare?
Having to get to top level in a covenant is pure cancer as everyone has a phantom or is doing fight clubs

Sorry senpai, the game hasn't been out long enough and I'm not as acquainted with the possible weapons/spells available later on to make an educated decision. I didn't get into DeS or DS1 until they were out for long enough that there was a catalog of shit that I could use to build characters in advance, I haven't seen anything like it in the OPs of these threads, and I wanted to test the game out and get it running well on my piece of shit computer before searching it out myself. I just didn't expect the tutorial boss to be this hard, not even DeS's tutorial boss was this hard.

I wasn't prepared to the change in mechanics. I dropped DS2 pretty quick because of the framerate bug, but even then, I think most shields could parry still in that game. Having to switch to having not only no shield, but no weapon just to parry attacks gives me such a tiny window that I'm lacking. Doesn't help that I'm rusty, I haven't played DS1 in years.

lol I tried deprived at first as well to level easier but got my shit kicked in.
apparently the way armor works in DS3 is that no armor makes you into an anemic little girl. Even cloth is better because it eliminates the huge (extra) reduction in defense you get.

If you're talking about sirrus, that is only if you spend a tongue in any way with the rosaria leader. You can switch whenever you want, only when you spend a tongue does she get pissed off at you. It is completely unrelated to your equipped covenant.

The statue is used to make NPCs who you accidentally attacked forgive you. That is all.

Covenants are fucking pointless.

the statue can also be used to reverse hollowing, but marks of velka are cheaper.

Doing dancer first also breaks most of the quests in the game.

Well, if all else they serve as a means to gain items since you have to be in the covenants to get covenant items, right?

Which ones? No quest start before you talk to an NPC iirc.
I've been able to do Patches/Greirat/Sieg's, Sirris, the hollow fuckers and even get the black eye orb and resurrect Rosaria.
I can't think of any other NPC that has a quest.

Also, this:

Should have rolled tbh, fuck parrying. And what said, you were basicaly fighting with 50% more damge done to you.

ah, didnt realize it worked like that

I killed the dancer early, haven't seen Patches once and can't get Rosarias death quest to start.

I guess? None of them have any use though, especially after ranking. The only useful ones are tongues which you can use to respec/rework your face. That only works 5 times per playthrough though, so you only need 35 essentially.

Still seems fucking pointless. DaS3 is not a very good game.

Might have to offer another pale tongue.

That's pretty retarded, but good to know.

I was trying to parry to get 120 damage out of each hit rather than 40-something one-handed and 50-something two-handed. Not that I wasn't rolling, just not rolling enough, I guess.

I'm sure he feels like a fucking ace.

Thanks honorable invader.

Take the loss you salty faggot.

UGH MACES AND AXES AND HAMMERS IN GENERAL ARE SO SHIT

END MY LIFE

Theres being an honorfag and then theres being just a fag.

then take a chug yourself

or poke him until he chugs himself empty

I hate how the odds for invaders are stacked rediculously against them, even in DS1 you had some chance when dealing with gankers

From here this usually plays out in a couple of ways

Very few actually fight fair and even those who do are kind of bitches too.

motherfuckers are hard to find too many times.

I'm actually sick of this in general. Where games have like 5 colors to their entire design.

Which weapon would you recommend for a Dark infusion? I look forward to creating a Hex build in my new playthrough.

Butcher's knife is pretty fucking good, and it's considered an axe. Otherwise, yeah, terrible.

brigand axe and dragonslayer axe are alright, i did a run just using those

i didn't know what to do so i picked not the first option but the literal last option.

rather than play a knight you chose to roll around in the mud with a fucking stick for a weapon

instead of playing a warrior you chose to roll around in the mud in a fucking loin cloth

instead of playing a sell sword OBVIOUS DEX BUILD YOU USED A PLANK OF WOOD AS A SHIELD

instead of playing as a herald you chose the fucking deprived

instead of playing as a assassin you chose to play as a peasant

instead of playing as a FUCKING WIZARD you chose to play as a bumbling shit covered fool

instead of playing as a cleric you chose the blank slate character that is nothing specializes in nothing is good at nothing starts with nothing

THEN YOU BITCH ABOUT THE GAME BEING OUT OF BALANCE AS YOU COULD HAVE JUST PICKED ANY OTHER FUCKING CLASS BUT NO YOU PICKED THE LETS FUCKING TWINK THIS SHIT CLASS. THEN BITCHED THAT IT WAS UNDER POWERED

look the game is kinda a fucking disappointment

i miss poise as i liked having another option than r1 spamming with a heavy weapon or r1 spamming with a light weapon

i don't like how they made blocking the least viable way to avoid damage

the game is short and tedious at the same fucking time

the level design is all fucking over the place with obvious care going into certen parts of the game and others being left to the fucking interns.

as you start at lotheric castle then muck about under it then go back to lotheric castle is kinda fucking stupid almost like you would have started in anror lotho then mucked about in the undead parish then go back to anor lotho but being able to go fight smoh and ornstein level 1

the complete absence of any feeling of progression in the game then suddenly its over you killed the lord of cinder and you get to pick between whatever endings you managed not to screw up.

but no you had to bitch about the naked starting character being to fucking hard.

You've misinterpreted what people were saying about poise in the game files, it is a value in the game while it is running, and can be turned on with cheat engine (and apparently the game's balance doesn't really change much other than heavy weapons suddenly becoming not garbage).

Im tempted to activate poise just for shits and giggles, not like you miss anything worthwhile when softbanned anyway.

You can just set the game to offline in the options anyways so you don't get softbanned

It's not even that hard I only took me like three tries to beat that boss naked with my stick, the trick is to dodge and not get fucking hit. Which is easier than it has ever been because I feel like you get way more Iframes now than you ever had.

Recommended weapons for Dark infusions? Maybe I'll discover it on my own.

Yea, the starter areas are the least of problems with Deprived this time around. Given the tighter SL/stat ratio, an even 10 in every stat isn't actually desirable.

Just go with any weapon that is good in general, but stay away from obviously overpowered shit like the darksword unless you are a faggot.

Also your build might not be so good anyways since anything magic related is pretty bad this time around.

Great lance and lothric spear were pretty decent with it for me but most other infusions are better than dark.

Has anybody noticed any increased tracking from enemies since the new patch?
Lorian is getting a bit more accurate with his overhead swings.

FromSoft doesn't want you playing anything that isn't a knight.

Being right in the enemy's face is more exciting anyway. That's likely why.

I died to gumby like twice because the club's animations are kind of horrendous but you do enough damage to kill him really quickly.

From doesn't care what you play, as long as you're using the Dark Sword

The only viable build is to oneshot everything.

Also I even left embers to hosts who lose without phantoms.
Goddamn it.

Looks like the update is coming up in 30 minutes. Just reached the Kiln when the notification popped up.

Missing one estus shard and one bone dust and I'm not sure where they could be, the only place I really rushed through was Consumed King's Garden but I'm not looking forward to cleaning the place.

I gotta be honest, this game makes me pine for DaS1…. Might start a new game actually.

the fact that the game will untarget an enemy for walking slightly around a corner

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4k74j6/107_list_of_changes/

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4k6jjf/fp_point_changes_107/

tl;dr: Random changes without apparent sense as usual.

What chest armor is that?

I haven't gotten the game yet solely because of the disconnected levels

The hub not being connected doesn't really bother me, but not being able to traverse freely without warps? Into the trash, they should've made it so that the areas were connected but the main hub wasn't

I don't mind the Sunbros coming back but they should change the name and the Praise the Sun pose with each game to suggest that it gets modified as time goes on

The actual areas are connect, but its all tube levels. There is no real INTERconnection.

But that's exactly what they did.

Bravo, FromSoft.

At least magic users will be able to use more spell and same with offensive miracle users.
RIP BKGA. I'll still use you but it'll be just like DS1 again.

Disregard me, I'm retarded. Does that mean you can still traverse from one end of the map to the other, or is the geography all over the place like in DaS2?

Half of DS1 areas are accessed through teleports too.

There are a few one-way trips, where you have to warp back if you want to go in reverse, but nothing that is a big deal. For all intents and purposes, the world is continuous, even in the event of one-way trips, you can clearly see both the start and the destination from each location. You can also see 80% of the rest of the game world from the platform after the second boss.

Do you consider the tomb to the Catacombs a warp?

There are no obvious disconnects but it isnt as holistically designed as DS1 either. Its very apparent that they designed the levels first and connected them later.

Dunno about Tomb and DLC, even without those DS1 is just as disjointed as DS3, if not more.

DS2 is more connected, but it doesn't make fucking sense, flying magma and shit, while DS3 at least looks 100% feasible, not sure if it really is.

Okay then that sounds a lot better than what people made it out to be. Does Firelink Shrine share any connections to the one from DaS1 other than name?

Anor Londo has the gargoyles fly you back to Sen's though

And so they do in DS3.
Just play it already, faggot.

I'm waiting for it to go on sale

I would say, other than the fact that it is where you link the fire, not many. It's a comfy hub area, though.

Dancer. I was using full dancer, besides the knight helm.

Why did no one tell me how good this was. Its everything I ever wanted out of an Ultra greatsword looks wise, and I just keep killing everyone with it.

The Cathedral knight armor set that comes with it is really cool too.

What

Don't listen to that filthy space pirate. Everything she says is a lie.

Yeah I discovered how fun it is when I made my Cathedral Knight character. Sucks that when you two-hand big weapons they poke through the center of the greatshield on your back. Really flares up my autism when I have to look at it. The fuck From, that was fixed in DS2.

Greatswords aren't supposed to be very sharp IRL. Ultra Greatswords would have to be even duller otherwise they'd get caught in everything and would be more fragile.

i'm going to need some sause on that

where can i find the videos of this grill?

How the fuck do people find PvP enjoyable?

They don't. They only people who have fun right now are shitters who think 3vs1 or R1 spamming takes skill.