Timesplitters Thread

Well found out that Homefront The Great Chimp Out let you play the entire of Timesplitters 2 as an easter egg and felt Holla Forums was overdue a Timesplitters thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/naspeedrunnerassembly
please
archive.is/ASlyy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh hey, a minigame which is better than the main game.

What about Anaconda, did they include a game within a game within a game?

Is that in the PC version? Is there any way to extract it so we can have PC Timesplitters 2? That would be fucking awesome.
Just started playing TS2 on the Xbox again. I never remembered switching weapons to be this slow, but the game is fun regardless.

Is Timesplitters 2 as good as people say? I've only played future perfect but I liked it a lot.

I've only played 2, and as far as FPSs go, it's basically my favorite. The entire story mode in co-op is the best I've played, up there with Serious Sam. It's a really enjoyable game. The weapons all feel useful, the skins you get in game are neat, the multiplayer maps are alright. Definitely worth a try if you liked FP.

So if Homefront a hit. We might get a new time splinters ?

Pretty sure Timesplitters is emulatable at this point.

I don't know why emulator fags exist, but they should be gassed.

Calm down.

I hope not. Its a really dick thing to do, forcing fans of the series to pay for a game they dont want just so TS might continue.

Havent played FP, but 2 is still really great.

I think it's more about the developer being able to prove themselves capable of making a game that sells well before they get the green light to make a game that has historically sold poorly.

For those who are curious.

is this being played by a 5 year old?

thats what im wondering lmao. hes fucking horrible

Reminder that the Timesplitters 2 map editor is more advanced than the one in NuDoom.

I hate this shit

Tuna splatters

A team is currently trying to develop future perfect to modern day standards, project is called Timesplitters rewind. Hope it turns out gud

Think about it this way:

Yeah, its looking to be pretty fucking good. They are also getting support from the old devs.

I so fucking hope that this will also mean they port 1 2 and 3 to the PC. Emulation works good for those games but still.

what's with the shitty fake sounding reverb effects? Makes listening to voices much harder than they need to be.

Also, there's no MP, arcade, map maker etc

It's a nice gesture, but they could have done better.

Has anyone played the original TimeSplitters on an emulator? How do the keyboard control feel? I want to play it but I don't want it to be a shitshow for controls like Fatal Frame 2 was.

Not to mention, he has the multiplayer and arcade modes as well. From the looks of it, the Homefront version only has the campaign in it.

>tfw losing your first internet autist friend group

I miss those guys ;_;

And it's not the complete campaign

that could work

not it couldn't

Dumping a small amount of OC that has come from drawthreads and shit here

Fuck, thought I would have more than that at least.

FP does some things better and some things worse. It's been so long that I honestly forgot what those things were. It was definitely "funnier" than 2 but the campaign n 2 was a lot more involved and there are some weapon/map changes that are right in the middle of it being neither good or bad

I'd like to call that a microgame but… That's already been taken and it's not really the correct way to call it.

Oh, it's just the campaign that's playable.

I remember when Jetpac and the original Donkey Kong were playable in DK64 and it was a big deal… Nowadays, it's just nothing to wave your dick about.

How about "the only reason to get this game"

Out of all the females to lewd, Hart is one of the last I would imagine someone doing.

TS2 is basically the absolute latest design we ever got out of single level objective based shooters we saw with things like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, Future Perfect went with the next gen Halo approach.

These are fucking gold.

FP is better imo.

The only thing I like better about TS2 is that they have separate buttons for main fire and sub fire modes. In FP you have to switch between fire modes with the weapon select button and then use the one fire button; makes using things like remote mines less fun.

They're behind schedule, but this will be the stream link once it goes live.

Chat's already full of AGDQ mockery.

(the embed didn't work)
twitch.tv/naspeedrunnerassembly

I've always wanted a Red Dawn type of game where I kill commie invaders.

its a shitty generic console fps
and only a few hardcore fedora autist virgins say its good, same as the planescape retards

Isn't it ironic that a series that stuck with Goldeneye style levels for so long delivered one of the best story campaigns ever? Taking publisher mandated design elements and twisting them into their favor was genius. What other game can you say predicted the future of FPS in the first level?

Cortez looks like Riddick.

Future Perfect and 2 are both great. I prefer FP, as it's more fleshed out and fun to me. Console shooters always annoyed me, because aiming with an analog stick is retarded, but TS is such a good franchise I give it a pass for that.

no one ever noticed that before.

There's a fan-based recreation in the works but it has been for years. My brother is good at graphics design and 3d modeling, sent an email to them and they basically just said "we'll let you know" as if their glacial progress means they don't need more people.

Forgot to mention I was referring to Future Perfect

That was the plan. While Free Radical made him to look like that. EA execs literally saw him as Vin Diesel from the Fast & Furious series.

please use archive.is/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

Thanks mark, that's a Eurogamer link by the way.

archive.is/ASlyy

These never get old.