Why do we like capeshit so much?

Hey fellow Holla Forumssters, I just want to ask why do we like capeshit so much? I mean men in their underwear flying around and trying to touch each other? Seems pretty gay don't you think? Are we a bunch of fags? Sorry I don't think capeshit will ever be kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/VMWBM
archive.is/1UklJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it?

yes

You must be the gay one here for seeing homoeroticism where there isn't. Capeshit is like wrestling. It's always been about 2 guys in tights fighting each other.

Because it's fun, in the same sense that 70's and 80's films are fun, but should never be considered kino by any means.

Why does there have to be a reason? Sometimes people just want to read illustrated stories about people (in spandex and out) save the fucking day. The highbrow stuff has its place, but even connoisseurs want to turn their brain off every now and then.

Hey Holla Forums.

Americans have shit taste. That's really all there is to it.

It's fun stories to kids to enjoy. Or atleast it used to be until adult fucking people fucked up that industry and it has become an ever growing shitfest that reminds you of the worst soap operas but with men and women in spandex and funny names instead.

Don't encourage the faggot that is OP

Sorry, forced meme sperg, I'm going to give this thread you hate so much a bump and an actual reply since you're such a huge faggot instead of reporting and ignoring it like I normally would.
"Capeshit" started out as fun nonsense during an era where people often wished powerful crime fighters would swoop in and stop the mafia and bootleggers from shooting up city blocks.
When that initial motivation died out it became a fun story telling mechanic up until toughly 2007 when the current generation of artists and writers turned out to be overly politicized faggots that would much rather ruin and destroy beloved characters for the sake of shoving a message down the readers' throats.
Only this comes off as silly and retarded because the characters they're trying to use as mouthpieces for their politics were specifically designed to be absurd for entertainment purposes, so in the end they further undermined the legitimacy of their own message by making it look as if only wacky fantasy characters preach this sort of shit.

The only viable alternatives to "capeshit" are European children's books, Sunday comic strips and European children's books with copious amounts of underage nudity.

Prove me wrong.

Here's your (you)

Manga exists.

Don Rosa has known this for years.

saw a curious post on Holla Forums theorizing the (((origins))) of superheroes as subversive replacements for old european heroes, legends and gods.

No one gives a shit.

Interesting, I'd like to see it. I've noticed how they seem to foster a sense of complacency and lower opinion of the "regular person". Or; promotes an idea of the "exceptional person" being the only one that's qualified or knowledgeable enough to "save the day", diminishing the role of regular people in dealing with such situations.
Here are two articles about Superman. There's another one somewhere that notes that his creators named(and subverted) Nietzsche's concept of the superman.
archive.is/VMWBM
archive.is/1UklJ