Why do we like capeshit so much?

Parker Brown
Parker Brown

Hey fellow Holla Forumssters, I just want to ask why do we like capeshit so much? I mean men in their underwear flying around and trying to touch each other? Seems pretty gay don't you think? Are we a bunch of fags? Sorry I don't think capeshit will ever be kino.

All urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/VMWBM
archive.fo/1UklJ

Jayden James
Jayden James

Holla Forums is one person

Matthew Lopez
Matthew Lopez

Is it?

Justin Howard
Justin Howard

yes

William Adams
William Adams

You must be the gay one here for seeing homoeroticism where there isn't. Capeshit is like wrestling. It's always been about 2 guys in tights fighting each other.

Mason Nguyen
Mason Nguyen

Holla Forumssters

Aiden Gonzalez
Aiden Gonzalez

Because it's fun, in the same sense that 70's and 80's films are fun, but should never be considered kino by any means.

Asher Rodriguez
Asher Rodriguez

Holla Forumssters

Jose Flores
Jose Flores

Why does there have to be a reason? Sometimes people just want to read illustrated stories about people (in spandex and out) save the fucking day. The highbrow stuff has its place, but even connoisseurs want to turn their brain off every now and then.

Kayden Adams
Kayden Adams

Hey /tv/.

Nathan Wilson
Nathan Wilson

Americans have shit taste. That's really all there is to it.

Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis

It's fun stories to kids to enjoy. Or atleast it used to be until adult fucking people fucked up that industry and it has become an ever growing shitfest that reminds you of the worst soap operas but with men and women in spandex and funny names instead.

Caleb Lewis
Caleb Lewis

Don't encourage the faggot that is OP

Wyatt Brown
Wyatt Brown

Sorry, forced meme sperg, I'm going to give this thread you hate so much a bump and an actual reply since you're such a huge faggot instead of reporting and ignoring it like I normally would.
"Capeshit" started out as fun nonsense during an era where people often wished powerful crime fighters would swoop in and stop the mafia and bootleggers from shooting up city blocks.
When that initial motivation died out it became a fun story telling mechanic up until toughly 2007 when the current generation of artists and writers turned out to be overly politicized faggots that would much rather ruin and destroy beloved characters for the sake of shoving a message down the readers' throats.
Only this comes off as silly and retarded because the characters they're trying to use as mouthpieces for their politics were specifically designed to be absurd for entertainment purposes, so in the end they further undermined the legitimacy of their own message by making it look as if only wacky fantasy characters preach this sort of shit.

Colton Lewis
Colton Lewis

Muh capeshit

The only viable alternatives to "capeshit" are European children's books, Sunday comic strips and European children's books with copious amounts of underage nudity.

Prove me wrong.

Andrew Wood
Andrew Wood

Here's your (you)

Hudson Roberts
Hudson Roberts

The only viable alternatives to "capeshit" are European children's books, Sunday comic strips and European children's books with copious amounts of underage nudity.

Prove me wrong.
Manga exists.

Aiden Richardson
Aiden Richardson

Don Rosa has known this for years.

Ian Lee
Ian Lee

saw a curious post on /v/ theorizing the (((origins))) of superheroes as subversive replacements for old european heroes, legends and gods.

Zachary Gutierrez
Zachary Gutierrez

No one gives a shit.

Robert Baker
Robert Baker

Interesting, I'd like to see it. I've noticed how they seem to foster a sense of complacency and lower opinion of the "regular person". Or; promotes an idea of the "exceptional person" being the only one that's qualified or knowledgeable enough to "save the day", diminishing the role of regular people in dealing with such situations.
Here are two articles about Superman. There's another one somewhere that notes that his creators named(and subverted) Nietzsche's concept of the superman.
archive.fo/VMWBM
archive.fo/1UklJ

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit