Mount & Blade Thread

Talk about tournament shenanigans, getting ganked by an army of 900 bandits, your heritagefaggotry and that one time everyone decided to attack you in the arena

Also post your companionfu

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/1746/?
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/News/150
forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=register&do=auto_validate&uid=34832380&aid=d54abc455f09c4c335c514f1b72119d1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Warsword update is almost here, only bugfixes left. Two years I've waited for this.

It has some of the best sieges in the game, just learn how to take advantage of trading in early game to get yourself shekels.

feels bad man

omg boobplate

What's the content of the update anyway?

They put medieval sexism and slavery into the game but you can't kill or even injure your enemies.

And here I thought improving Firearms proficiency was already too easy in Gekokujo.

tumblr get out

seriously nigger?

I think there's a mod for that….

I tried looking a while ago but I couldn't find shit

But that's literally what it is

A whole bunch of stuff like dodge/ward saves, new factions, assets from Grim Age for Empire/Chaos, etc.

my nigger

Because a woman being in charge of combat or even fighting with the men is retarded and society back then were correct in shunning women for trying.

user what do you think sexism means

I don't disagree with you, but I don't think sexism means anyhing at this point. It's been redefined so many times by SJWs that it can be pretty much anything you want it to be.

A buzzword invented to subvert society.

You're not wrong, but I mean in the traditional sense. I'm not saying that saying that the game is Hitler, I'm saying that women in the game are treated different then the men are. It's historically correct and I wouldn't have it any other way, but hurting your teammates is historically correct as well.

Oy vey.

On the other hand, weren't women treated kinda better at the time than men? They didn't have to fight in wars, they didn't have to work, all they had to do was take care of the kids and cook, while their husband was getting pierced by enemy arrows or was ploughing the fields. She didn't have any chance to advance in the society, but neither did the man (unless they were of noble blood or rich, but let's talk the majority of population). All in all, it sounds like women at the time had managed to find a relatively comfy spot to occupy while their husbands did the actual hard work.

Nigger sexism is discrimination by sex.
Treating the other sex differently is discrimination between the sexes.

If you´re getting triggered by statements of facts you should maybe switch camps.

There's no point in playing it because you cant take over the entire map as one country

Is there any other mod than Silverstag that significantly changes/improves/adds gameplay mechanics?

Ok. I have the entire series on steam and I've had it for awhile now. I played the tutorial in one of the games and immediately felt like it wasn't really for me however I do want to give it another go. Are there any mods a first timer should check out or is vanilla the way to go? Are there any graphical enhancement mods available because these games are ugly as shit.

It's easy to subvert threads on Holla Forums. Everyone is so easily triggered by buzzwords. The few that aren't triggered by buzzwords can be easily forced into a rant about dumb shit by just posting an incorrect opinion.

I think that was only during the harvest season, plus shit like feeding the animals and the like, no? A lot of the things related to farming required a lot of physical strength that the women just didn't have.

while the men simply got killed

Thats because homo sapiens is sexually dimorphic and allowed better survivability of the species by sheltering the woman, while the biologically expendable man goes out and does dangerous shit.

The neanderthals were supossedly egalitarian, and got literally outfucked by the homo sapiens due to the women staying in the cave for breeding, while neanderthal women got murdered by sabertooth tigers in the wild.

PoP
Nova Aetas

I thought the neanderthals got genocided by homo sapiens?

More or less. They didn't have to worry about taking an arrow to the throat, but they had their own hardships to deal with. If a baron wants some of that sweet puss, it's not like she can just say no, especially if her husband is out in an army somewhere.

I like this sentence.

But rape is much worse than murder, everyone knows that.

It is when you're just going to be murdered afterwards, anyway.

I'm gonna need a source on this. Raping a peasant girl would antagonise his subjects (and peasant revolts weren't that uncommon), make his wife pissed, make him lose his face before the court and other lords (especially after the chivalry thing came up), and would overall inconvenience him in great many ways. He might've been able to get away with it without prison time or anything, but it wouldn't be without consequences.

If it were done in public or if she knew her rights, no, but education wasn't exactly a big thing back then. And it wouldn't be hard to get people to turn a blind eye.

Incorrect. Your neighbor gets raped by the village chief, you throw a shit fit because you don't want your daughter/wife being next. This is a retarded conversation to be having. You're making it sound as if all anyone ever did during the Medieval era was rape anything and everything….. I guess the Middle East is still in the Medieval era then.

Are we know anything about Mount & Blade 2?
If i remember correct those fags said it will be come this year april, and… well… still nothing…

Nobody said April as far as I know. If you want to know about the gameplay check the devblogs and the footage from game cons. There's quite a bit of info out. I think fall 2016 is what they said earlier this year.

They were partially integrated by crossbreeding, which is apparent from yuropean phenotypes, and partially got outbred, there was only so much food to go around, and in tribal wars against homo sapiens they usually lost because despite being physically superior they were always outnumbered.

Hence why I said they got outfucked.

I'm not saying people busted down doors to rape people, I'm saying that if you were raped and nobody witnessed it, who are they going to believe: you or the person in charge? Even if everyone knew he was a shady motherfucker, one eviction is all it would take to get people to think twice about bringing it up.

I think the worst part of this conversation is that every region had its own laws and culture, so I could be saying one thing and someone else could be saying another thing and we would probably both be right.

I might be pulling this from my ass, but if I remember right, they're not confident in it being finished by the end of the year, and if it isn't they'll put it out on early access or something similar.

You may be right about them not finishing. I'm okay with them taking some extra time so that we don't have to buy a Mount and Blade 2: Warband.

Let's see, do I believe my neighbour who's been visited by the lord for no apparent reason yesterday, and has been in tears ever since, or do I trust my lord, who I almost never see due to him being tuckedi n his pretty castle, and who looked mighty happy after leaving my neighbours home? Hmm…

Peasants were tied to the land. Where would you evict them to? Also, you'd just piss off the peasants more and rumours about you would start circulating throughout the land. Sooner or later some smug lordling fuck would pull it up against you in an attempt to paint you a bad leader or some such (rivalries between the nobles were common). That and you might get a peasant revolt on your hands soon, which, even if the peasants didn't manage to catch and hang you, will just make you see as a grade A bastard that's too incompetent to be in charge.

It's not that it would be impossible to rape a peasant girl, it's that the risks and costs associated with it are too high to make it more than a very, very rare occurence.

Why would anyone even waste time going around raping women when you could just hire willing bedwarmers anyway?

Rape is for poor people.

Besides, last I heard of a successful rape by a King, the peasants got so mad that they genocided his entire bloodline.

Bill Clinton and his family are doing well though

I guess what I've been meaning to say this whole time was 'take advantage of.' not 'rape.' but that's not the same thing, is it
Never mind, I guess. I'm too tired for a real discussion, anyway.

The problem with M&B is that, when you raid a village, all the peasants stick around and have it up and running within a weak.
In a more realistic game, the village would be destroyed, all the men of fighting age would be dead and there would be rape aplenty.

>>>/tumblr/

If W&B was realistic in any way, everything would be different.

You know what to do

I did not have sexual relation with that woman please stop spreading this meme about Bill Clinton its not been funny for years.

time to kill yourself bud

There would also be many more villages in the game. It's what's been kinda bugging me about M&B - the map is so fucking empty. You get a few castles, cities, and villages, but that's it. There's no infrastructure, no farmlands, just grass texture

I'm just saying. In medieval times, Kings got away with rape if they wanted. People here are just pretending that the only women kings encountered happened to live in villages they were generating revenue from. When you go to war and raze a village, there is rape to be had. When you ambush an enemy army and capture their washer women, there is rape to be had. When you overpower a weaker kingdom and the leader offers you a daughter or sister to marry, there is rape to be had.

rape is a man's soul

through rape; unity

War is quite a special case, though, isn't it? Not to mention it's hardly a staple of the middle ages - wartime rape happened a lot even during WW2. Also, while the women might have survived the rape, the men simply got killed, so they still got the better deal.

Idk man, in August 2014 a man in Saudi Arabia was convicted of being a sorcerer and beaded in public. You tell me.

I think the overworld system is pretty shit in multiple ways. Immortal lords wage constant wars for a few months by picking up some hundred men a time from and village smashing them together. To fix it they'd have to change it completely.

Why are you fixated on rape so much? I don't really see how they could implement the depiction of constant rape in non-distracting way. Do want a statistic on the corner of the screen showing how many intercourses your troops have had without asking for consent? A clumsy CGI rape video every time you capture a settlement?

*beheaded. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they beaded him first, the filthy kebabs.

I was hoping we could see something like a cross between CK2 and M&B. A solid system of vassal management and having children to pass on your game. And maybe a more advanced levy/recruitment system with knights and peasants and such.

The difference between middle ages and modern times is that the leader, himself, often joined the battle. So, it's a difference between soldiers and generals committing wartime rape, and the king, himself. Not talking morality here. Just saying kings had plenty of opportunities to rape back then.

I am not the original rape autist. Look at IDs. I'm just playing devil's advocate. When I raid a village, I figure rape is implied and it counts towards my loss of honor points.

Yeah, sounds like what I'd prefer too. By slowing the overall passage of time with the help of dynastic continuation, the game would be less hectic and make more sense.

IDs can be deceiving, I don't trust them.

On an additional note, though. It would be cool to have an option to take part in the pillage or just stand on the sidelines as your men do it. Would help with developing your character's personality.

I promise I'm not the rape autist.

It comes down to roleplaying. If a band of raiders is carrying around a noblewoman as a prisoner, it's practically certain that she's been raped six ways to hell.

Can you take noblewomen prisoner in M&B? I'm pretty sure if you take the castle they are in, they just warp to someplace safe. Would be cool if they get taken prisoner and someone needs to rescue them.

I can't be sure of vanilla features at this point, but atleast some mods have the option to take noblewomen as prisoners for a big honor hit.

I'm not sure if it's in vanilla or if I'm too used to playing mods, but I'm pretty sure you can ransom them if they're at a castle that you take over

Must be whatever mod you're playing. I'm playing 1257 and my wife teleported from Tarnovo to southern Italy when the mongols took it.

There are various mods in which it's possible. I play Prophesy of Pendor and noblewomen ('ladies-in-waiting') can be taken prisoner by anyone. You usually see a band of shitty brigands or some such with some faction's lady, and when you defeat them you have the option to either let her go free (honour bonus), ransom her back to her family (+money, -honour) or spend a very small amount of money on gear for her to join your party. Very occasionally you see them as part of an actual army as basic light infantry, at which point you knock her out and presumably rape her.

Holy shit a lot of you are fucking retards.

On topic, any mods that break the slog of the late game?

(checked)
See. This is a situation where mention of rape could actually add to the game. It would go down like this:
A morally upright companion would stop you mid-travel and say the men are getting rough with the hostage. Then you have the option to put a stop to it or let them have their fun, which would have a big impact on your honor and reputation, especially with relatives of the lady. No awkward black screens with moaning. Just some dialogue options.

More flavourful events with roleplaying options would definately liven up the game, even outside imaginary sexy times.

Banned in Australia

Does anyone know what happens next after some user removes refugees in the last thread?

I was there to see satan commanding the user to remove them but what happens next?

He removed the fuck out of them if I recall.

oh shit nigger what are you doing?

you can though

he's not saying that it's wrong

that user is me, don't have an archive but here are the screenshots i posted

i didn't post "rushing to the removal 3" but here it is too

i didn't post number 5 either because of that odd screen tear that appears on some of my screenshots but have that too

last one

Bannerlord when?

The fact that one of them was already notorious before trying to become a refugee gets me.

Soon, but you will have to wait for the separate expansion that fixes it for another few years.

HAAHAHAAHAHAH
Holy shit I can't breathe

even more so when I imagine them as Jewish loansharks

Oi bub mind if I ask what mod?

which are the best companionfags?

You could try this. One character for each non-combat role with 9 party members. A few of them hate each other but friends should balance that. You can also take Marnid instead of Baheshtur or Alayen.

Just downloaded 1257, is there any way to fix these fucking criminal load times?

It's Prophecy of Pendor

No, not really

Just bite the bullet, 1257 is worth it

Hey kid, wanna help rebuild Byzantium?

my 1257 is constantly filled with "SCRIPT ERROR ON LINE BLAH BLAH BLAH" really annoying. Is there a way to turn this off or fix it?

Where the hell did you install it from, m8

tha innernet

seven more days

nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/1746/?

Use the fucking installer

God dammit, these and the lag spikes are really fucking annoying.

But glorious and most worthy England has need of thee

I'm pretty sure I did

Then I don't know what is wrong, can you post a screenie for Emperor Belisarius Augustus?

well i uninstalled it now, you fricking little frick, currently downloading the one from your link

The map is shit though.
DO YOU LIKE FLAT TERRAIN? HERE IS SOME MORE
Also: Cossacks best sacks.

You'll get those script errors from time to time. They don't really do anything bad.

Did it work user, please come back and show screenies of your world

Playing With Fire and Sword again because that fucking faggot
Any tips? Tradeing is boring as fuck, and all I want to do is kick polish teeth in.

I was getting them very often

I'm starting a new game now to see, whom should I serve?

No one, you must rise through the ranks and become a noble the only noble way

by sucking and fucking my way to the top r-right?

For some reason I got an assload in the first week after I made my character. Then they almost never happened. If you go to the taleworlds forums, those script errors are mentioned in the FAQ for the mod.

Has anyone ever done a complete conquering of 1257?

Only if you play female

You're using the Caravan system right? It can make you tonnes of money once you get a good starting capital. To get that, buy powder for 300-400 denars at towns and sell for 600-1000 denars at fortresses.
Get a small squad of firearm wielding cavalry to help defend the caravan, I usually kit out the polish mercs because their armor also makes them decent ground troops.
You could always take advantage of one of the main quests to steal a billion gold, that tanks your relations though so be careful with that.

so what's the best mods

seems like none of the mods are even complete

At the very least those are the mods I use, I like them all in their own way

CHOOO CHOOOO MOTHERFUCKER!

HERE COMES THE RAPE TRAIN!

The best feeling

Mod?

Also i cant wait for for release of Calradia: Blood & Steel - 1870

Any one knows when its gonna be released?

hows it feel to be this guy?

And then you immediately lose the castle to some schmuck with 40 recruits

luckily a truce was declared soon after

pretty good, the goyim are stupid and keep volunteering to join my army

To be fair, it was sort of implied.
I mean, what is the point of mentioning "sexism" in the first place?

Prophesy of Pendor.

What you're seeing doing the raping is my personal Knight Order. Took me forever to train and equip them, but by god, they wreck shit.

Happened to me too.
Until I built my CKO.

Please go.

Silverstag

Is it possible to get a character to actually look that good in the base game with texture mods and/or lighting plugins or something? Or is that entirely off a different module?

that screenshot is the game running with 8x supersampling on the "prophesy of pendor" mod which doesn't add any graphical improvements. it is but you need a good PC

PoP adds a new set of pretty female faces, if that's what you're asking.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

okay fug

goodbye savador castle

FFFFFUUUUU
I was about to found mine but I gave the cunt the Qualis gem and 20,000 denars and it did fuck all. Got dicked out of it.

what is this, 2008?

First expression of rage that came to my mind. What do you want from me, a poem?

Back to lemmings it is, except this time i have a better chance assuming nobody comes to help

Now do you understand my predicament, you faggot?

Sounds like a bug to me

Well, edit the items and make qualis gems a marketable commodity, but reduce frequency, so it should show up in the market from time to time.. and you can raid it from a village from time to time.

Question - did you try to fund a CKO or a chapter of an already existing one?

CKO. I surrendered the Qualis gem and money, the steward finished his dialogue and from what I gather there should have been a 'create/name your custom order' screen, but nothing such appeared.

Are you using the latest version?

I know there was a problem like that in one of the older ones

v3.7061, according to the title screen.

I'd give you my le upvotes if I could

kill yourself

Faggot, do you even know who I was replying to? I was talking about the cunt who wrote about what sexism meant, because it sounded like he was saying sexism was wrong.
Go back and re-read my post you mong.

Is there a way to edit the way food works? I hate how the two Britain mods I have do food as 1 unit per person per day, ruining income and preventing aggressive campaigns due to the limited food.

There is a way, but I can't remember what editing tool you use to do it with. The easy way is to edit the food stack amounts. I did that on Phantasy since the map is stupid big so food burns up quick.

Go to where you installed the mod (mount and blade - warband/modules/module name) and open the file item_kinds1.txt. Press ctrl+f and search for bread. The food is all grouped together. You will see something like this:

itm_bread Bread Bread 1 bread_a 0 34144267 0 50 0 30.000000 110 40 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 50 0 0

The third number from the end, in this case 50, is the amount of food in the stack. Change it to whatever amount you want. Do that for all the food and play on. Only takes a couple minutes and is easier than trying to figure out modding tools.

With M&B 2 be a Steam exclusive.

What's up with PoP? When first I played it at its early stage I got triggered by the Tolkien rape but now I steeled my nerves and tried it again. I can't say I like it. Its supposed difficulty seems to be bloated numbers and massive grind. From what I've seen it seems to involve even less tactics than vanilla. Instead of Swadian Knights you have a dozen variants of ultra heavy cavalry.

It seems well made (except for all the low quality sound effects) but not fun at all.

what a time to be alive

What I enjoy also about Warband is that I'm finally justified in playing a female character simply because it increases the difficulty of the game.

I kinda wish the map and game was a little more dynamic, though. Have villages appear and disappear (lets say they are looted a few times in a row), more bandit hideouts, more RPG choices and consequences, that sorta thing.

The "overworld" outside battles is quite lacking. Even mods are only now starting to get to the point where they make it feel a bit alive.

To me it seems Bannerlord won't really be fixing that which means it might not really be worth it at release.

I watched the Bannerlord previews and all it seemingly does is making M&B look prettier.

The overworld is still a barren, boring mechanic to get you to the next battle, the battles themselves still lack a zoomed out tactical view to order your troops around with, and the combat doesn't look improved in any significant way.

All Bannerlord seems to be introducing is a Skyrim tier quest system, some quality-of-life improvements and better modding tools.

Atleast the modding tools mean Bannerlord mods will surpass Warband mods at some point in the next decade.

Perhaps it's all we really need - If they change too much, or add too much (especially stuff that gets in the way of the game/performance/modding) it wouldn't help either.

As long as the modding tools are comprehensive yet easy to learn and use.

I'm certainly going to buy Bannerlord, maybe even soon after release. Still, at this point it seems I won't stop playing Warband from any time soon.

Hey guys

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/News/150

Its happening

i just hope they don't pull the same shit every single developer who has a franchise and had a major jump on graphical quality did and sacrifice responsiveness for smooth humane animations, looking at warband though it seems the developers actually play videogames

I kinda wish i could also develop villages enough to have them become cities but i myself have no idea how that would work without breaking balance.

How do i combat my urge to savescum?

Any idea what that might be? Sieges? Persistent multiplayer progression? Nobility dating sim?

I think it might be Co-op personally.

co-op

remove kebab in just three months! aks me how!

i just want to play videogames, does it not error for anybody? forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=register&do=auto_validate&uid=34832380&aid=d54abc455f09c4c335c514f1b72119d1

Sieges.

Would be great to see sieges improve significantly. Wouldn't mind carrying catapults and trebuchets and the like around the map, even if it means moving a lot slower. Would also like to see some measure of damage on buildings and walls, even a fairly basic form of destructible environments would be a great feature.

2 words

parallax occlusion

I man can dream can't he?

Thanks mate.

siege weapons?
raisable children?
campaign multiplayer?

The game could really use more robust RPG elements outside of combat and army management skills.

Get waifus, steal waifus, have a harem of waifus, manage and woo your waifus, found your dynasty, scheme and plot your way to the top, order assassinations, hold tourneys, go with your son into battle, etc.

I wish they'd made a better "life sim" portion, but since the game looks barely improved it's just gonna be Mount and Blade 1.5.

but muh
board games
ladders
==siege weapons

Gonna be fun for all of five minutes before everyone gets bored of playing subpar board games in another fucking game.

Then again, modders will likely come up with all manner of cool shit and we'll likely see Yu Gi Oh: Medieval Edition before long.

Still, when they're showcasing that shit as a fucking "feature" instead of something more substantial, like, you know, a fucking way to control your army that isn't fucking shit, I know the developers have had problems.

What's the point? They've yet to show how they've fundamentally improved sieges. Are your soldiers still completely incapable of navigating the levels and breaching the walls without your direct involvement? Are the trebuchets of any use besides breaching walls? Is any of this shit dynamic and actually gameplay, or are all maps scripted to animate specific walls crumbling when X damage is done to them?

The fact they've barely shown anything about the game worries me. The fact they're avoiding showing a proper, in-game siege worries me even more. So far it looks and plays like Mount and Blade, with all the hangups and problems of the first game.

And don't forget

This.
Personally, I wouldn't mind a sim that maybe goes 'til the end of the Napoleonic Wars. Unfortunately, I have no idea if the normals can sit through weeks of gameplay until reaching the 1800s. Of course, this is only a problem if they really want to pander towards the majority.

Whoops, didn't even notice your dubs

Nobody answered and i managed to snag the mod by myself, if the account is ever of any use to anybody the login is Bane32 and the password is BIG

After touching this mod for a few seconds my dick started to hurt, i feel as if i play it too much i might have an erection so hard my cock explodes

Would be damn cool to build your own dynasty from nothing instead of bashing in skulls for a few weeks and then declaring yourself the king of all.

But that's how dem niggers were kangz and shitz no?

WF&S is the easiest game in the series to get things rolling. I don't understand how people have trouble with it.

I really wish those faggots working on Europe 1200 kept going strong. I was looking forward to liberating the Holy Land alongside fucking Ivanko of Bulgaria of all people.

I would play that.

I've never had a problem with that, in fact that's part of the appeal.

bannerlord when you smelly kebabs

BONERLOAD WHEN?

Very unlikely. I think there'll be a demo that stops when you reach level 7 like the other games.

Just improving all the stuff in warband will still make a fantastic game and everything they've showed so far has been exactly that

Diplo works for Warband. Bonerlord will probably have a similar mod.

I'LL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL

MILOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

Nova Aetas had a fun little feature in pathfinding where the every side for some reason always raided the same village. And because the AI likes to give the shitties village to player, I got it. Even the god damn Aztecs made their business to come over the sea to raid the fief and then quickly scurry back to the New World.

never played sarranid before
are they any good ?

sieged

Unless you like having an expensive army full of cavalry, no.

>have to defend it from fucking everyone

Kill me now.

My longest save so far, without having conquered the entire map (about half though) yet even with Swadia's support was almost 1 1/2 year in-game time. I was about to go into a massive war against the Sarranids, who control basically the other half of Calradia.

Too bad it appears that save has vanished and now I've moved to Floris Evolved rather than Floris Expanded

Take it as a hyperbole. Or as that declaring yourself the head honcho doesn't mean you are it yet, which is the plot of the game. All the kings claim to be rightful rulers of the surprisingly multicultural sub-continent without actually yet being the ruler. Then the player can join in with a claim fabricated by random people he found in a bar.

they are like mix of swadians and these slavs the name i forget
you dirty kebab

Unfortunately, now I have too many men and their wages add up to an absurd amount, even with the reduced upkeep from garrisoning them.

I can't bring myself to fire them, they've served me loyally and I'm a soft-hearted faggot.

You just gotta make more money than your upkeep

Slaving is a fantastic way to do this, ~100 per prisoner sold

Bump up prisoner management a shitton and that'll be around 3k a fight

This.

Also, arena/jousting.

It's difficult in WFaS since there is no arena or jousting and the only competition held is 25 thalar tavern brawls.

Just in time for my exams to start.

I'm thinking about pirating the new M&B game when it comes out, but only if Taleworlds has done anything to deserve it, and I nothing seems to come to mind. Should I pirate or wait awhile and purchase?

Pirate it and play it. If you liked it, wait a while and buy it.

Its like you don't even plan on doing a jew playthrough

Just started this game and have two questions.
First, how does the leveling work? From the little I've played it seems your stats level just by doing stuff. Nothing scales off your level like retarded bethesta games right?
Second, can I get the camera out of my ass?

Get enough exp from doing whatever to get a level up. A level up gives you 1 attribute point, 1 skill point, and something like 15 proficiency points.
Attribute points are important as they have great bonuses themselves, but they also set the limit on how high you can set your skills. You can't level a skill beyond its associated attribute divided by 3, so you have to get a stat to 30 before you can cap the skill associated with it.
Skills are the meat and potatoes of your character and they come in a few different varieties: Personal, Party, and Leader.
Personal skills only affect yourself with the exception of Trainer which is weird.
Party skills effect the whole party while taking into consideration party members skill levels; the the member with the highest sets the base while the others add some bonus levels.
Leader skills are like party skills but without the bonuses and shit.
Generally speaking it's better to dump party skills onto companions. It's a pretty common strategy to have a dedicated medic companion (Jeremus) for instance. You're too important to waste your points on shit that the other hobos can take care of just as easily.
You get an allowance of weapon proficiency points every level too. These level just out of use and pulling off crazy hits with their respective weapons, but the extra little bit helps, especially if you want to round yourself out a bit, though it's usually recommended you stick to a couple of weapons you like.

No, not really. If it does it isn't noticeable anyways. Most lords will start absurdly high level compared to you and they stay that way. Bandits might a little, but that's more than likely a playtime thing rather than a level check and you will outpace them quickly.

There's a first person mode and a third person mode and you can zoom out with the numpad + and - keys, but I believe some mods tamper with these bindings. There's also a vanity cam button but I can't remember what it was. I think it was ~.

I usually put the profiency points to the weapons I don't actively use, but might at some point. Rising the proficiencies in combat is quite easy, especially if you play mounted but rising the high proficiencies with points is really cost uneffective.

Yeah, the escalating cost makes it expensive to level the shit you want later, which is why it can be a good idea to dump them into other things so you're never caught with your pants down in a duel or a tournament. At the same time that almost never happens and most people never use more than a couple of different weapons ever on any one character. A melee weapon or two maybe, and a ranged weapon are all you really have room for. It can be nice to have a lance to swap out for when you're in a heavy cavalry battle, even when you're not actively using it on a regular basis, but as you said it's stupid easy to raise proficiencies while mounted so it's not really necessary to dump points into it.

Either way it's pretty much impossible to fuck up your weapon proficiencies since they mainly level off of use.

Wrong, bonus levels are determined entirely be the leader.
Which is what makes an Int character so devastating in late game, instead of 10 in each party skill, you get 14 in every party skill turning your army invincible.
I'll even quote the wiki for you:

I haven't played in a while so it was from memory.

Also I'm not convinced as to how "devastating" an int based character really is. Intelligence is always a good stat to have, but the extra 4 points in party skills comes at the cost of you being damn near worthless in battle while your army is far from being invincible. Losing the player character is a fairly significant loss for things such as sieges where you're going to be causing a significant number of those casualties and take out high-value targets such as the archers on the battlements that the AI likes to ignore. It pretty well gimps you for tournaments and everyday skirmishes as well.

Losing your personal combat prowess is a pretty hefty loss for just a chunk of extra post-battle army survivability and a little bit more map move speed and sight range. I think you would more than make up for that if you were a better battlefield presence since your battles would be more decisively won resulting in fewer casualties and you could afford to host a smaller party size to make up the movement speed, not that you would have a large army without dumping at least a little into charisma and leadership. Not to mention you could still get most of the bonuses where they count without devoting your whole character to maximizing the attribute.

You forgot 2 stats
Tactics 14
Engineering 14
With tactics, you are guaranteed to have more troops than your enemy, even when you are outnumbered 5 to 1.
And with engineering, all sieges take you less than a day. Ladders taking 3 hours.

Combined, these let you siege and take over entire countries before your enemy can respond.

The medical skills let you recover from each battle very quickly and with minimal losses.
The pathfinding and scouting skills let you run from any enemy army even if you're nothing but infantry.

If it is combat prowess you need, crossbows exist in this game for a reason, allowing you to snipe important targets and still have decent damage despite low skill.
If it is armor you are worried about, you only need the minimum of 9 strength to wear it.
If you are worried about leadership, renown can get you a lot more troop space than the leadership skill can get you.
If personal combat prowess matters so much, don't forget that being a full INT character also frees up all your companions to be combat characters. Allowing you to stop having Ymira the Doctor and letting you have Ymira the Bloody.

The NPC companions can have high INT and high skills easy enough, but they sure as hell aren't going to kill a hundred enemies every fight no matter how high level.

They also won't hit the maximum of 14
Plus, if they can't kill hundreds of enemies, you're equipping them wrong.

Tactics is way overrated. The difference is in the spawn size with each point of battle advantage increasing or decreasing the spawn pool by one unit. You don't even start seeing the effects until you start getting into the large battle advantage numbers, which you can just as easily reach by simply out numbering them. It's still a good skill to have, but the 4 unit bonus you get from having it capped with someone else is rarely going to make or break a battle.

The extra 4 points in engineering is the difference of only a few in game hours on ladders. There is almost never an instance where that time saved is worth the point investment. It's a significant time save for siege towers, but it's still going to take you a good long ass time to set those things up no matter what your bonus is.

Losses you wouldn't have or have to recover from if you carried your weight in battle.

10 pathfinding is more than enough to do this anyways. Getting more is just redundant.

And the moment you take a single grazing shot you're done for.
Armor doesn't help much when you move like a stone in it and you don't have the HP to back up the damage reduction.
Renown is slow and difficult to get if you can't do combat for shit. A big portion of the renown sources require good combat, particularly by yourself or in small groups.
See
The point investment for being a INT stacked character doesn't yield nearly enough returns to be worth the investment. You can still get +2 or +3 bonuses in places where it matters like surgery or pathfinding, without turning you into deadweight.

Gimping the only warrior with the player skill force multiplier just to get a small bonus to a party skill really doesn't seem effective, not to mention fun. Sitting back and letting the NPCs play the game, really?

*Spotting is redundant.
Pathfinding is still good, but you really don't need to devote your whole character to INT for this bonus

Nigga, the biggest, baddest, boys on the block, the kings and khans of the land, clad in the finest armor money can buy with levels starting in the 50's, still die like bitches within minutes of fighting.

There is no amount of armor you can throw on your hobos, no amount of training or min-maxing you can give them, that will stop them from dying like bitches.

Well boys this is it. I am not coming back to this fucking game.

tl;dr fuck the D'Shar

how do you get silverstag to work with a cracked copy of Warband?

Why wouldn't it work on a pirated copy? Are you sure you are using the Warband Script Expander launcher?

I swear WSE is magic, somehow TLD stopped constatly crashing by just using it.

Someone's clearly never played Phantasy Calradia.

I am using it, but every time I load it, it brings up an activation screen telling me I am on trial. It is also supposed to load previous versions of the game to work with mods right?

I see. You'll need to use a pirated activation key because the launcher skips the crack. I don't know if there's copy protection beyond the key, but I'd figure GoG version would just work.

Thank you for your response.

can you nudge me in the direction of a key?

I got it actually, gonna give it a shot

Is there a way to get rid of the stupid name prefixes for companions in Floris mod?

Just reinstalled the game and ran into the problem that kept me from getting into it. As soon as I travel beyond the starting city I get attacked by 30 sea raiders when I have 5 tier 1 units. Am I supposed to grind in the arena for a while until I can afford some better units? That's what I've been told to do.

Start in Swadia, they have the weakest bandits.

Whatever you do, don't start in Nord lands. Sea raiders will just fuck your shit up.

Fam, just use cheats, cheat money/rank/whatever. You can get back your army, quickly train troops.

Cows are fucking terrible and herding them is no fun.

Start in Swadia, go to the arena, ask the tournament master where the nearest tournament is, head to said tournament, place max bets on yourself, win, repeat ad infinitum.

This shit right fucking here. If you want me to get you cows so your men don't fucking starve because YOU were too retarded/jewish to bring enough food, then YOU should either send a messenger to tell me that you moved, or stay in the same spot. Fuck you, fuck "your" cows, this audience is over, I am leaving, and eating your cows.

Warsword release in 3 days

Is there a mod that gets rid of the tedious army building elements and the pointless rpg elements and turns it into a solid action game?

Multiplayer?

Sounds like you will be able to make an immortal all companion army. I'm not sure that is a good thing.

Nords made a man out of me.

AD 1257 question here - when you're looting enemies after a battle and it shows an option to 'Let NPCs collect the rest and continue', does this actually let your troops collect upgraded gear from enemies or does it just mean you abandon it? I'm hesitant to collect valuable gear in case I'm cheating my shitty guisarmers out of a better helmet.

Where are those hidden treasure chests in PoP? It's the second time somone sells me this kind of information but i'm not sure how to get it.

It means your mercenaries/companions

Not your soldiers

Take a walk around the streets in the city the dude tells you to. Just look around. For example, in Valonbray there's a chest it's on one of the ships

Blood and Gold Caribbean is only $10 for the next 36 hours, is it worth getting?

BUTTERLORD WHEN

Fucking never, they haven't even given a year for release so it's probably nowhere near done.

I swear they announced it for 2016
Wikipedia cites 2016 from

I just want the Warband campaign with new GRAFIX and non-clipping enemies

I just went on the official website and they don't have a date or much of anything user. Also it's fucking May, February past almost four months ago and no bonerload yet.

No, in february they said it would be released in the year of 2016
Still those gay turkroaches haven't said anything officially
Might as well be 2017

Well unless they show us some actual game footage at E3 I doubt it's coming this year.

I actually start to hate late game because of how fucking long battles start to get. I mean once you start to have 1000vs1000 battles the game starts to take forever to play.

I'm talking about power, not numbers.
I mean like, crazy ass demons with 500 in every weapon skill flinging fireballs like they're going out of style.

God I hate those fucking things from pendor, I lanced one once for over 200 damage and the fucker didn't die.

sooo the circled one are the pick, the big circlea re friends and the arrows point on enemies?

I've been looking for a supernatural mod for these games, do you guys know any? With things like vampires, werewolves, mummies, etc.

There has to be one, these games are popular and easily moddable. I guess if there isn't one I have to make myself

awwww shit niggers. i need to play it again
got any crack?

Pendor has demons, elves, and snake people but that mod is stupid hard because the authors hate players.

If you do things right it isn't that hard, but isn't as fun either.

Warsword Conquest is adding vampires and wraiths and such. Already has skeletons. New update comes out Monday.

Phantasy Calradia as undead in also. Zombies, mummies, skeletons, shadows. I think one of the factions has some special werewolf troops also.

They showed actual game footage months ago Slowpoke

So we start taking bets? Which one will happen first? EU collapses, Turkey gets nuked by Russia, Turkey gets nuked by a Kurdish dirty bomb (also supplied by Russia), or Bonerlord gets released.

Javelins and cavalry

EU collapses

no. arrows point to friends. the circles are the groups. companions next to each other on a circle hate each other.

Also, what suggests is fucking stupid.

He has the the 3 best selected up top, but for the bottom drop ymira and jeremus and grab matheld. That way you grab all the nobles without having anyone hate each other.

Nobles are better than commoner companions cause you can make them vassals, and they have better starting stats so training them up isn't as lengthy.

This is one of the most ridiculous quest failed rewards I seen in a game ever.

Fucking ruined.

Who did you sign up with, user?

I played as a Merc, but I didn't really get in far enough because I can't stand the tripping shit.

Life is suffering

I will return with an army and destroy your entire kingdom you piece of shit.

Damn the Khergit, damn the D'shar and damn every horsefucker tribal in every mod. I get an inexplicable sense of joy when I ram my lance down one of their shitty throats. It's not even because they're niggers, killing sarranids isn't nearly as fun. I think it's because of their horse archer faggotry.

That is not at all what I wanted to upload. I don't think I even have that picture.

WARSWORD HAS BEEN RELEASED EARLY

NOICE

Thanks. I downloaded this and played around for a few minutes, even the game warns you that the game is for people who mastered the combat, so I think I'll leave this for a time when I'm actually good at combat.

I'm downloading Warsword Conquest right now and I'll try Phantasy Calradia too. Thanks.

Warsword Conquest's new version is released by the way, I'm downloading that

Look, as I said you can play PoP with CHA/INT character where you take leadership, trade and medical skills.
I'm currently playing like that and have fuckhuge army and 30k gold with 5k gold per week profit. Downside is that if i try to do anything in battle I get raped in a second, which is not really fun.

This is what I don't get. You'd think every single one would look like Mushits, but some look like Europeans. Same with the Khergits, except with Asians.

The only fool here is you, user.

Nah, even if you fuck everyone's shit in multiplayer with your OG ninja feinting skills, you won't do any good in PoP until you grind and grind for ages because all the top units have ridiculously bloated stats.

Well, I guess I asked for it, joining Swadia and all.

So much for painstakingly conquering castles and building up strength, now Calradia went into total warfare.

2 YEARS

I know that goblins are pretty shit individually but god damn they bully hard in large numbers

Needless to say the town was raped mercilessly.

How? Do you have to get your relation up with the commander first?
Because I'm not finding any dialog options to do so.

one turned me down and said he didnt know me well enough but the second warchief I talked to let me join. Guess it just depends on the NPC

oh christ I remember doing that. Good thing I had my seven barrel rifle and two slots worth of ammo or else I would've died with the rest of the village

In the taleworlds forum I read that they removed freelancer in the new release because it broke after they added some factions.

That explains why it wasn't there. Do they plan to ever fox the problems and add it?

Tomb Kings must be hard mode for this mod.
They have the absolute weakest troops, but suffer the same party size and recruitment speed restrictions as everyone else.

Doesn't seem like it. Shame, I really liked it.

On another note, I'd forgotten how enjoyable it was to raid southern scum.

Brettonian knights are hell to face. Thankfully the men of the empire are less heavily armoured. I feel like a proven raider now. I'm going to level up my character a bit in preparation for the hotfix, at least I can import him even if the saves won't work.

The new shotgun you can buy from one of the wizards is fucking ridiculous, I love it.

Can someone post warsword as a torrent, moddb is a sack of shit to download off.