Why is Holla Forums so inert?

Day in and day out, Holla Forumsirgins here complain how games have gone to shit, but not doing anything about it actually.

"But user, what can we do?"

How about contacting the devs of a game and making suggestions how to fix their shit?

"But an0n, I'm just one guy"

I see a shitton of guys here.

"But an0n, the normalfags outnumber us!"

So what? In total numbers, yes. But that doesn't mean we can't achieve local superiority.

Game X. We analyze, make a detailed critical posts, then we swarm the devs forum and make sure it's the most view/endorsed post. The suits only look at the numbers and that's something that can be turned into our favor.
Sure, it might still be ignored. Sure, it might amount to nothing. But it still better than doing literally nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

ageofshitlords.com/feminist-websites-are-losing-traffic-and-revenue/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_V#Sales
guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2013/10/confirmed-grand-theft-auto-breaks-six-sales-world-records-51900/
forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/05/13/grand-theft-auto-5-has-sold-nearly-2-billion-at-retail/#4d8732433384
mediafire.com/download/g1484l9319xatr3/_v_ - I just read close to a thousand negative reviews.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

joke's on you, i work for a video game developer

i still can't change anything

do you seriously think that will work?

would it even work on you?

You haven't been following games for long, have you?

Most game design decisions are made from corporate, not developers.
Emailing developers does nothing, and trying to convince corporate requires pools of money.

I'm not sure which particular problem you want to complain about, but chances are the answer is "because money" or "because casuals". And you can't argue against that as a small group that is clearly not part of the target demographic which is the casual consumer.

I've mailed Capcom what I thought about their games and got some responses back.

However, I may have complained about modern Blizzard, but really I haven't bought a game from them in over 10 years by now. So I'm really not a part of their audience anymore.

Same reason Holla Forums does jack shit all day.
Because at the end of the day it's a bunch of fat or skinnifat nerds that do nothing with their lives and can't influence what they hate whatsoever.
A lot of noise but no actual results because it's essentially a loud, angry, powerless minority of rejects the world has abandoned and ignored long ago.

Why did you even make this thread? You know we have agdg threads and a board right?

what the fuck does this thread have to do with agdg

He thinks you can change the industry by making your own games.
Clearly he's a complete and utter fucking retard because every single dev that came from Holla Forums and has made something succesful (for example, the Risk of Rain dev) quickly distanced itself from chan boards because he realizes that in the real world his game actually needs to sell in order to feed himself, and catering to a bunch of NEET neckbeards that haven't purchased a single game in the last 20+ years and will call your game shit anyway, isn't exactly the smartest business decision you can make in your life.

If you're complaining about vidya just make your own, don't waste your time nagging execs to stop acting jewish
Thus the thread becomes obsolete

They ignore our points, they call us "haters", they claim we're "harassing" the devs, we get banned.
Holla Forumsirgins have tried this in the past, and afterwards, then they come back to Holla Forums, more bitter than before.

Do you have a better idea? Yelling at Ubisoft and EA hasn't exactly made their games any better in the last decade has it?

EA got Golden Poo award multiple times.
But if you couldn't tell already, that poster is just here to throw detailed insults, to the point s/he might actually be bitter about something.

There IS no better idea, you're all powerless in the first place.
Here's how the real world works:

-People make things for money, there's also passion involved, but when it becomes a JOB, they need MONEY for their effort.

-People pay for what they want and don't buy what they don't want.

-The majority gives more money than the minority.

-Within the minority, Holla Forums is a fraction of it, and they purchase very few titles.

-Any dev at all will either target the majority, or a reasonable average consumer, they will never target Holla Forums because Holla Forums is insanely picky, incredibly small and will often not even buy titles they like, or even worse they'll like something, but not buy it because they have huge psychological problems and have to line on Holla Forums to mantain their cool edgy persona.

In a world where money speaks, Holla Forums has literally no voice, because they don't buy what they hate, but also don't buy what they like, and sometimes straight up lie about what they hate and what they like simply to pretend to be the cool kids on the block.

In such a scenario, even people that have used Holla Forums their whole life will have a sobering moment where they realize that Holla Forums isn't, and will never be a decent main audience to sell any game.
There's a reason all projects started from Holla Forums fall apart, someone runs off with the money, crazy shenanigans happen or people straight up just steal ideas from Holla Forums and then ignore them and cater to casuals (Notch, anyone?).

At this point Holla Forums is a bunch of very loud nobodies that don't matter in the slightest to the AAA industry AND the indie scene alike.

The only reason Ubi and EA are still making games is because of the sheer lack of good devs doing their thing.

So, be those good devs. That's what will kill both.

The reason someone like the Risk of Rain dev distanced himself from the chans was because that person is working toward better games, not shitposting. This place is distracting, A distraction for most.

You can make a thread and say hi, but outside of asking a community for suggesstions when you're out of ideas, it's not going to get you closer to your game being finished at all.

Tl:dr the answer is become a game dev. Criticism and mocking can only go so far. This place is nice, but people need to distance themselves from distractions once in a while in order to be productive.

It's not unheard of that the devs implement some suggestions from the forums.
Naturally, it is never massive changes (make sequel 3 a RPG instead of a RTS!!!), but still, you can influence some things.

You seem to think of it as two extremes. Like it's impossible to make a game that's both successful and Holla Forums likes. Don't be redicolous.

While a lot of Holla Forums can be…. toxic, and do little but shitpost, good suggestions that increase quality and usabiltiy of the game appear quite frequently too.

If you make vidya with the idea of money first you're obviously not gonna meet your expectations.
If you're annoyed with the current vidya, make vidya that you'd enjoy yourself. Problem solved
If other people like it too , that's great. If not, who cares? You still have vidya that you enjoy
Your issue is that you rely on the industry for games

GamerGate proved Holla Forums is too cucked and incompetent to actually make any changes to the industry itself. When you're not even willing to boycott once you finally have the numbers to leave an impact in doing so you know that you're forever impotent.

I recall boycotting wasn't a thing because it would violate laws for the game developers supporting GamerGate i.e inciting a boycott against their competitors.

However I'm quite sure no one on Holla Forums goes to Polygon, Kotaku, etc for news anymore. So there's that kind of boycott in a sense.

Oh yeah, we post webms and archives now to make absolutely sure they get no revenue, except for the fact that making threads dedicated about the clickbaity shit they post still makes all the 12 years old here talk to all their little friends about how triggerin X shit the gaming journo said so they go check them out anyway and give them tons of views regardless.

It's almost like instead of talking about stupid clickbait shit that is being mass produced precisely to target the Holla Forums reverse tumblr mindset (ironically, the only fucking thing in this industry that is fully targeted at Holla Forums at this point) the problem could be solved if we made threads about VIDEO GAMES and engaged each other in the ancient and lost art of VIDEO GAME DISCUSSION.

I see threads on video games and video game discussion. Are you just here to blindly bitch?

you might wanna look at the agdg threads.

The trick is to not devote your existence to one hobby, which many on Holla Forums do. People here will always be looking back with fond memories and complain about the present. Now, 10 years from now, 100 years from now. There is nothing we can do to make the situation better. The enlightened will realize this and simply ignore the huge percentage of threads that are pointless repetitions full of anons whining.

What is Warbros

I'm on Twitter and the Steam forums giving them hell all the time.

That's basically what the entirety of Gamergate was meant to be.

>>>Holla Forums
Holla Forums is doing fine

got me more motivated than I ever was and I've gone to a trump rally with some of them

It's like you don't want to gather shekels.

Devs/Publishers only care about the people who pay for their games. Hence they will always cater to the masses and there's nothing that can be done.
check em

I guess this is the thread to ask about Anton and Coolpecker.

because games havent gone to shit, Holla Forums has just gotten depressed.

You thinks publishers, let alone devs, care about these suggestions? They'll just filter that shit out and act like they know better.

There are at most about 3000 people here, which is still a mere fraction of what devs are willing to pay attention to.

I tried this with KSP but once plebbit found it our small group was drowned out.
I'm now trying this again with another game but I honestly don't trust Holla Forums to not be casual and propose dumbing it down.

Main guy left, project's dead, too much drama

You are thinking AAA, we will never move them but we could move indies in the right direction.

Newfag do you see how developers react to criticism?

Fuck off normalfag

But he's right, if you ignore AAA trash there are plenty of great games.

I works for SJWs.

So you're shilling.
You're asking the rest of us to take part in your shilly shill shilling. No thanks.

Those are thinly veiled threats, not 'suggestions'.

The fact is that games went from being something people even made for fun to something that made money. It's always about the money. They don't care if it's a shitty product -if it made money and people have to buy it to try it, they'll keep making sub-par products.

It's the same thing with kids' movies like Alvin and the Chipmunks. They can get shit reviews, but because kids love to watch them, they earn big bucks and get sequels.

Money can really ruin things sometimes.

I actually have contacted developers, companies, etc as directly as I could, and it's never made any difference. Not because I have no way of knowing if my complaint made the difference, but because they never did the thing I asked for anyway. So it was absolutely definitely ignored.

Besides, actual employees of game developers usually have near-zero influence, what difference would a complete outsider make?

Thing is, a good game takes tons of time and energy to make, time and energy you probably don't have a lot of left over after dealing with your day job and the rest of life. So it's probably make games or have other job, in which case, if you chose games, you're gonna need them to eventually provide the money a regular job would have. Which means they NEED to sell. They don't need to buy you a yacht, but they need to buy you food, a roof, and a computer and electricity to make games with, at the very least.

Believe me, I wish we lived in a utopia where everything was free, but you need money to live. In which case, whatever you do, including making games, needs to make some money.

If you want to do something, find a friend and introduce them to better vidya. Not in a "Lel >games on PS4" kind of way but more of a "This game is kinda cool, come check it out". It takes no effort, you introduce people to better games and slowly help people who make good games by increasing their userbase. All you need is friends.

You mean like the 50 other times it's been dead?

Asshurt libcuck indie gamedev spotted.

"But user, what can we do?"
How about contacting the devs of a game and making suggestions how to fix their shit?
What the fuck do you think Gamergate initially was??

WE ARE THE DEAD

Nigger, did you completely ignore Gamergate?
We managed to get the Federal Government to write a set of guidelines for the journalists.

Doing what OP is talking about would be a fuck ton easier, because we're emailing a corporation as paying customers.

triggered.
knew it from day one.
they blame me.

Yes. Of course! That DID happened fellow #GG Member.

Because anything but bitching goes against the memetic simulacrum of Holla Forums being

The main problem with 9375290 post is that its partially lie to make #GG important.
1. Not the federal goverment but an Federal Trade Comission.
2. Not the journalists but the advertisers and marketers in general and most of those guildelines doesn't punish journos. (C&D letters only)

I thought Holla Forums wasn't the fat or skinnifat, angry loser equivalent of OWS?

You forget that people need to contain their spaghetti first in order to talk to people and have them actually listen. According to some people that's being a PR fag. I can see this working for AA and maybe even AAA games if you manage to keep a level head, but there are some who are just going to go "MUH HARASSMENT".

Isn't boycotting just not buying the game? How hard could that be? And how would you be able to prove that Holla Forums didn't buy those games? "Hey guys look at this game I didn't buy?" And considering Holla Forums they can still pirate the shit. It's just that GG still doesn't have numbers comparable to normalfags.

I can get devs not telling GG to boycott, but just tell people to not buy shitty games and inform people how bad they are can have the same effect.

I do agree with the part about distancing yourself from Holla Forums when making a game. There's two factors for this, one is what you said about it being a distraction and two is because people on here get pissed if they see others succeed. There have been times when someone would start making a game here, there would be nothing wrong with the person but people will actively look for ways to tear them down.

If you're making a game, post on Holla Forums and the community here actively knows about it then that's a danger. People will find a way to take the tiniest shit out of context just to prove a point about the individual being a horrible person or the new fuckin buzzword 'cuck'.

Yeah, that's right. It always happens in the agdg threads. Holla Forums is such a toxic environment…

This is absolutely correct, at least as far as I've seen. I've been using imageboards for 11 years now. It's my favorite discussion medium, and I don't see anything ever replacing it. That said, it's blatantly clear that my productivity tanks while on them. I can't spend every waking minute of the day on them as I have in the past. If I'm going to git gud at vidyadev and make the games that we all want, I have to limit the amount of time I spend here. The worst part of a war is that you have to spend time away from your home in order to save it.

These behaviors have nothing to do with Holla Forums. This is par for the course for humans in general. If anything, it happens on Holla Forums less than elsewhere.

Wait a sec… nevermind.

I beg to differ: ageofshitlords.com/feminist-websites-are-losing-traffic-and-revenue/

Archive did a tremendous damage to it all.

As a spic, I am offended that anyone could think we hold a monopoly on fucking tortilla wrapped around whatever shit you have ready to stuff in there.

fuck

Ill give it to you faggots, you made an entertaining as hell Law and Order episode

Pretty much. Regular usage of anonymous imageboards teaches a lot of important things, but that there's no point at which the lessons learned are transitioned into the real world unless the user specifically chooses to do so. The user has to want to apply them to life. The real disaster is that a lot of us seem to use imageboards as a form of escapism, which enables the problems to get worse.

There are about 2600 active posters on Holla Forums. If that seems like a lot to you, then you know next to nothing about the game industry. Big name publishers look to sell a hundred million copies on release day, and they often surpass that. These companies are making hundreds of millions of sales by pandering to retards. Do you honestly think they're going to give two fucks what 2600 people who actually play video games think? If you honestly think the answer is anything but no, you're delusional.

I don't know if you got confused while typing, or if you're nuts. GTAV, the fastest selling game in history, sold 11.21 million copies on its release day. Either you meant to say dollars instead of copies, or you have bad information.

Or he's just being retarded.

I heard something about hundreds of millions when it came to Halo or something. Might have been estimated revenue or something, but either way, the point stands. 11.21 MILLION people bought GTAV on day one according to you. Please do explain how this means I'm wrong that that somehow corporations who care only about profit will pander to 2600 people on an imageboard over 11.21 million who bought their product.

Pick one

It's okay to just admit you fucked up.

Dollars, no doubt.
According to official sales figures.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_V#Sales
guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2013/10/confirmed-grand-theft-auto-breaks-six-sales-world-records-51900/
forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/05/13/grand-theft-auto-5-has-sold-nearly-2-billion-at-retail/#4d8732433384
It doesn't, I was just correcting misinformation. Of course for-profit companies are going to prioritize sales first. That doesn't mean that the way the industry is carrying it out isn't self-destructive in the long term.

Video games, comics/cartoons, and manga/anime are all experiencing that same thing that the music industry did, which is an aggressive destruction of all forms of technical merit in order to pump out cheap "okay" products that will sell more regularly. Anyone who's experienced anything better knows this, and you're assuming that the population of 8/v/ is the only group that thinks this way, which simply isn't true.

So what's it like to be illiterate?

I've tried to have actual discussion here so many times and get two or three actual replies per thread at most

I can guarantee you no one ever expected Halo to sell hundreds of millions of copies.

Or I could just keep making my own game and watch happily as the industry takes another step to bursting its bubble of shit

Then you've missed the fuck out, fam.
mediafire.com/download/g1484l9319xatr3/_v_ - I just read close to a thousand negative reviews.7z
There's multiple parts to those threads, but I'll have to find them. They're the reason I keep coming back.

Indie games were supposed to be the saviors of vidya, with that about being made by small teams that didn't need to sell more than a few thousand copies to justify the time spent developing the game and have enough money to keep afloat. If they wanted to live off of it, they didn't need to target huge markets since even the small niches would give enough sales; indie devs should be doing whatever they want with their games, and that was supposed to be their strength. But then we got all those indie documentaries and success stories, and suddenly being indie was the coolest thing ever and even an easy way to make big dosh. Now we have shitty games that have been poorly "engineered" to be viral hits by someone who doesn't know how targeting works, which is why 90% of indie games are retro platformers/Metroidvanias (or more recently, "Soulslikes" and "Motherlikes") with zombies and memes, because that's what Leddit seems to be talking about all the time.

GamerGate caused millions in damages to add revenue for Kotaku, retard. They also caused various sites to have actual ethics policies, proved there actually was a conspiracy between games journalists, and got a sexy pedophile fired from NoA.

Allison only wanted to cuck her numale husband with delicious /ss/
Allison did nothing wrong

I want to hatefuck Rapp until she starts liking adult cock.

Woah there buddy, are you saying there's something wrong with /ss/?

I wish to be the little girl but we don't all get what we want user

My understanding is that she did that herself, and GG just had the spotlight on her when it mattered, which drastically expedited the process.

The fact that it cannot exist in our cruel, three dimensional world.

Why are a bunch of people that are useless to society so useless?

Gee, I dunno, probably video games.

but I have stopped buying shitty games once I got some taste. the last bethesda game I bought was skyrim and the last ea game I got was BF3. The last Ubisoft game I got was FC3 and that was on a humble bundle.

don't use broad generalizations when there are people who actually do refuse to give money to shitty developers.

It also brought many Redditors to Holla Forums, lowering its board quality.

to be fair we get a lot of crossposting anyways, gamergate didn't do too much that wasn't bound to happen in the first place.

we still have our primary buffer against facebook tier fags though, google's filter.

Wow look at these reasonable opinions that a lot of non-Reddit people here share, what a bunch of faggots.

4chan Holla Forums was such a shit heap of memes and shitposting by that point that it was hard to avoid bringing a good chunk of that regardless anyway.

Nice shitpost. I give it a 4 out of Chan.

Google still allows indirect Holla Forums links, and Facebook-tier fags? Boards like /n/ are full of them, they're street-shitters that post the same shit they've seen on their Kikebook wall in almost every thread.

/r/KotakuInAction is full of fags who think SJWs don't follow "real liberalism" or believes there is "non-radical" Islamists. They share the same audience with /r/TumblrInAction, while they hate SJWs, they are also SJWs as they believe in the idiocy that is liberalism. It's bullshit that Redditors aren't cancerous faggots.

Nice try, schlomo.

>>>/tumblr/

It's not reasonable by default, user. You're operating under a faulty assumption.

What's unreasonable about what's being said there?

Unrelenting shit posting, and slowly turning towards being SJW friendly, is exactly why many people left and came here.

Not everyone here appreciates the existance of furry or pedo boards, but we put up with it, or ignore them, mostly.

Meanwhile you're acting like the niggers in 4chan, you see something you disagree with and respond with memes, acting retarded and/or a shitty reaction image.

The solution is simple, guys. Go /vr/

That way you won't have to put up with the shit that is aimed towards the casual shitters demographic and you'll have a lot of great games to play.

Also, developing your own games isn't a bad idea. They may not have much of an impact on the industry, but it can be pretty fun in itself- learning new techniques, seeing something you work on come to life, etc.

Those were much simpler times.

The last game i bought in general was skyrim, then i bought dungeon travelers 2 5 years later. Im still not going to buy another video game ever again unless somthing actually good comes ouf.

Maybe if you'd stop hating yourself people would care more and be friendly. You can't bother though, can you?

I'm studying IT, hoping to get into vidya dev scene one day. My friend is a marketer for an indie mobile game company, so I spend a lot of time trying to show her the real side of the industry and guide her away from hipstershit influence.

It's essentially the same problem Holla Forums has. They point out all the problems and explain in detail why they are right, but don't do anything about it themselves..

When it comes to movements, people look for others to lead them. Gamergate showed us that we seek out champions for our causes rather than standing for ourselves. The usual effect of this strategy is obvious in retrospect; the leader either takes a postion that is not supported by the movement or follows the same failed tactic the followers used prior to the leader.

It didn't help that the heroes that Gamergate spawned never really had power. Not that leadership requires a position of power, but it is a significant boon (see Donald Trump).

While a few big name developers coming out against the wave of poorly made games helps, it is not enough to stop it. Simply supporting a person who thinks similarly to you and broadcasts the same ideas you have is not the answer.

You must go and push those who see the destruction of what you love as progress out of power. How? By doing what chans have always done: trolling, baiting, epic bantz, etc. You belittle them, make them angry and upset to the point where they pack up and leave.

The goal is not to make them realize that they're wrong; they are too far gone for that. The idea is to convince them that they share nothing in common with us, and do not represent our interests. That they are puny and weak in body and mind. These people are stupid. If the fact that we hate everything they stand for gets into their heads they will give up.

Ideally, they should feel like you do now: lost, without a clear direction or understanding of what happened.

Can it be done? Yes. Will it?

The problem with gamergate was that it never had any leadership. For one to be a leader, he must lead -> he must be able to issue orders, and have someone obey them. Since any such people would immediately get shat on here, no such thing had happened with Gamergate, resulting in a lack of centralised leadership and consequential loss of defined direction and ideological splitting later on.

And with lack of leaders, the enemy can come and act as member. Divide and conquer is Holla Forums's motto.

They can act like a member with or without a "leader" since you're anonymous, grow a spine. Stop looking for leaders, stop being a lemming.

Im not saying we needed a leader, its just without direction we are just running around doing nothing too substancial.

Or they could stop buying/talking about said shit games

Show them DCS World, Rouge System, or Aurora 4X though and they chimp out saying "thats for NERDZ AND AUTISTS XDDDDD"

Holla Forums isn't worth jack shit. They're basically just underaged teenbros from Waruso, a comparable analogy would be monkeys throwing their own, literal shit at passing cars while screeching at the top of their lungs. They aren't some huge, scary force. They're a bunch of shitposting morons.

Probably because Holla Forums's suggestions would amount to a game that nobody but a tiny handful of autists would want to play.

Holla Forums can't make games and most companies don't give a fuck about your input

So you can't direct yourself without direction?

I dont need direction, a group needs direction.

WEW

A group that chooses to be leaderless moves by communal decision. This is not a bad structure, but it does require a significantly large group to do anything of note since there will be plenty of dissent for any decision made, and minor protest within the group itself will occur. GamerGate has the problem that while it can get stuff accomplished, it needs more active members working in unison, because most of what I've seen of GamerGate is less making quantifiable progress and more complaining about SJWs.

because it doesn't matter and it never did you stupid faggot

what are we supposed to do, asshole?

go full ISIS, assassinate Todd Howard, kidnap Gabe Newell and demand a revolution?

if Gamergate had one central voice who had the right ideas and power to do them the movement would've been great, but instead it was a bunch of disorganized fags scattered across boards who quickly succumbed to identity politics and e celeb nonsense. your enlightened "everyone is a leader" mentality is bullshit when you realize most white people only average 100 iq. They need to be told what to do.

But the key to success is ORGANIZATION.

It's a lie that we don't have the numbers to influence things.
Why do you think entire companies exist that do nothing but spread lies and propaganda, faking numbers? How do you think SJW's managed to inflitrate everywhere so far?

A small group of people can accomplish great things, if they are devoted and play their cards right.
Be loud/annoying enough.
Be convincing.
Achieve local superiority to create the illusion of greater numbers.

^^^
VIVA LA REVOLUTION

I'm a dev. Sales speak. If you hate cookie-cutter AAA shit, stop buying cookie-cutter AAA shit. No amount of email to the devs have ever helped, and believe me, we've had a fair share of these.

Honestly if there was ever a time to get into the industry as an indie it's now or soon.

In terms of going indie:

Holla Forums is full of retards because Holla Forums is full of retards because the internet is full of retards because the world is full of retards. Stunning revelation I know.

You're rarely if ever going to find a serious, civil discussion or activism about anything of substance on Holla Forums or any popular social website for that matter because nobody cares enough. People just want to throw in their two cents, and those who do care see that everyone else doesn't care and stop caring along with them, and then you get people like you and me who complain about the people complaining about other complainers.

Note that the only time any of you retards have actually done anything even close to useful has been when your livelihoods are under direct attack. 4chan exodus, gamergate, etc. Your selfish behavior restricts you to moving only when it benefits you, and when the distance to move is short. Otherwise, why isn't the entire world, billions upon billions of people against a fraction of others, rising up to fight basic human rights violations and global political corruption?

It's a sickness that only stops when one of those retards finally decides to get off their lazy ass, close all tabs and open up wordpress, visual studio, gamemaker, whatever the fuck else and begin to actually MAKE change instead of just blabber on about it. But you wont do that, right? Too much effort, right?

Just go back to complaining about how Activision ruined Call of Duty instead of working with other like-minded people on Holla Forums and making your own Call of Duty. Or going on about Reddit/Tumblr/Facebook being full of retards when you're just as retarded, or how all the SJW's are in an echo chamber hugbox when you're spouting the same meme-filled garbage at eachother constantly. Humans are so predictable.

Holla Forums doesn't buy cookie-cutter AAA shit. The uninformed casual that makes up the vast majority of gamers buys the cookie-cutter AAA shit, because they enjoy playing the cookie-cutter AAA shit. Like it or not, there are very many people out there that want to see the next Call of Duty release, even with a shit ton of dislikes on the latest CoD trailer, thats only a tiny portion of the massive audience that is willing to spend $550 million on Black Ops III.

The only way these people will stop buying the next piece of cookie-cutter AAA shit (and thereby encouraging those AAA devs to change the formula) is when they learn of a better alternative, but they rarely learn of that because all their friends are the same as them, and all the internet does is shit on things they don't like instead of promoting things they do. When was the last time you saw a thread on Holla Forums said positive things about a game? Or a thread/post that provided actual, substantive criticism instead of snarky bullshit and smug anime girls? They certainly exist, but that is never the prevailing tone of Holla Forums, or most of the internet in general.

The way you convince people is by showing them something better than what they already know. So are you surprised that the next CoD sells millions of units even though the vast majority of core gamers incessantly rage about it being the EXACT SAME FUCKING GAME over and over again? And how many times have you seen those same core gamers say "why not try System Shock 2" instead?

Fucking pitiful.

Admit it, you motherfuckers don't actually give a shit about shitty AAA garbage being churned out constantly, about the games industry being a shithole, about making any change at all. Otherwise you guys wouldn't open up Holla Forums and spend your time mindlessly spamming stupid, unfunny memes. You guys enjoy the feeling of community, you don't actually care about what goes on in the gaming world, heck, you guys spend more fucking time posting about video games than ACTUALLY PLAYING VIDEO GAMES. Enjoy living in a wasteland you helped create, fucking hypocrites.

and you had such a good start