Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

archive.is/miWHD

Why's his finger so long

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3rXE2RjinkU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pass

I thought the current CG show was pretty well liked. Why are they doing yet another reboot?

With toyetic franchises, there's a desire to keep things fresh every few years

There's always a new TMNT show every few years.

What an awful fucking voice cast.
Oh good, another 'Raphael want to be/is the leader only to fuck it up and Leo becomes leader' story, except this time it will probably drag out much longer.
The only good news out of this is that Rob Paulsen is voice directing, so maybe he'll manage to eke out some semblance of talent out of these shits, but I doubt it.
Some good artists involved, so it might have good art, but fuck if I'm willing to give it a chance with all this poz.
Please, Kim Jong Un, stop being a worthless gook for one second and successfully nuke California!
End our suffering!

The turtles are dead and the mainstream killed them. Thanks Nick.

Is it true April O'neil is a nigger?

Maybe. She's just described as a "sassy New Yorker."

Actually, both of the not-nigs are jews.

Why is Mike Matei on there?

Jesus Christ, they went all fucking out. What the hell was the series like, prior to this?

I guess they want to avoid what happened to the 2003 series.

For the love of god dont make Donatello like 2012 Donnie. Although 2012 Turtles got kinda bad after a while IE the focus on April having a bunch of powers and being a super ninja/the overall amount of filler and having Leonardos original VA leave and then bringing in Seth Green. However lets not say 2003 TMNT is the pinnacle since that show also got bad during its run mostly in the Ninja Tribunal shit which then turned into Fast Forward and Back To the Sewer.

I think TMNT cartoons are mostly destined to start out pretty good but overtime degrade.

and one last thing

I learned to like fast forward. Especially after the season that happened afterward. And while I think it was a horrible mistake to go all full mystical magic bullshit [that finaly where the turtles turn into dragons was the most retarded shit I've seen even as a retarded teen and I love dragons]. It handled …well? I mean sure the pacing turned to shit But characters where somewhat consistent.

But back to the sewer season might as well have been literal. As it was absolute sewage sludge. Not only did I have to deal with shit writing, But shitty animation and art direction while maintaining the least interesting/second most annoying aspect of fastforward. With an DIGITAL INTERNET VIBE. With some blatantly obvious X-STREME SPORTS vibe that I almost never saw in the show.

I'm glad it died after that point because I cannot deal with it. Does 2012 get any better? Note I tolerated the whole mystical crap after the constant crossovers with Usagi and even fast forward.

2012 is the same old song
Starts out strong
Peaks with Casey's intro season
Turns into retarded dogshit

2012 recently had its "Turtles Forever" episode with the classic "oh man the 80s turtles are such goof balls and not serious!"

Yes.

2003 turtles has its charms, despite the awful shift in animation and tone during the final seasons. But yeah, 2012 lost me too with April's bullshit and Seth Green.
Isn't that true for almost the majority of shit?

I've actually been seeing a huge rise in 80s turtles merch. Stores where practically sold out on ninja turtle costumes and masks.

I like to remind you IDW of all things actually denied this version of April

I find that a bit hard to believe. Or does IDW have the people who make on the TMNT comic work separately from the ones who work on Transformers comic?

That's the same artist who does the godawful Jem comic. You guys dodged a bullet there.

Are the kikes lashing out because people are finally paying attention to their harassment and pedophilia? This seem more aggressive then they normally are.

This has to be a few years old. I'd bet good money they'd okay this today. Also:

All they had to do was make her trans and a fag and slap some gaudy color in her hair, and she'd be the ideal tumblr character, equally perfect and completely awful and dysfunctional, which makes her relatable to those awful subhuman retards.

Well, TMNT is partly written by Kevin Eastman. It's his property, so I assume he has worked to keep SJW faggotry out of the book. And I really like IDW's Turtles, so imagine my shock when IDW turn out to be some of the biggest faggots in comics.

HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

No you see the writers are simply following Partners in Kryme lore

That's the one where they go to the future right? I only remember the alien girl and the villain being a fatass
He did appeared a lot in that version, I also remember those tournaments arcs that now I think it, they were pretty shonen-tier

I didn't like him at first but he grew on me.

Why can't they make an animated adaptation of the super grimdark version of the Turtles from the original comics?

That happens with almost every TV show user.

Because they're not family-friendly enough for public television. A Mirage adaptation would have to be aired on Adult Swim or something.

I think the closest we'll ever get is Turtles Forever.

The better to check them with, my dear.

So let me get this straight they're basically going somewhat back to April's original Mullatto/Haffa/ possibly Hispanic version of the her from the Mirage comic from the beginning? Oh wait no, they're not going to fucking do that at all they'll get it all fucking wrong since the thing is staffed by hip shite urbanite millienial shits who've never read anything resembling an actual comic or book. My Bad.

Nice.

I haven't seen the 2012 series but I usually like when a secondary or not protagonist character gets this treatment, especially if said character is a cute girl. I don't know why. Like Gwen in Ben 10, I actually started liking her more after she got magical powers, I liked whenever Jade in The Jackie Chan Adventures got a Talisman and would have loved for something similar to happen in Mystery Incorporated… I liked Sakura from Shippuden on.
Call it my inner fanfic autist if you want.
So how they could ruin such a cool idea like April having powers?

Simple they fucked up something the original Mirage and Archie comics run did and rather well at that. They gave her powers from aliens instead of her continuing to just train to be an awesome Kunoichi with neat little training arcs here and there and bits about her family like in those comic runs. They just slapped on outboard alien motor powers that really weren't needed.
See here's the thing about secondary characters, the issue about having cute girl just getting powers is a boring thing. A cute girl busting her ass to get her powers and constantly train in them to the best of her abilities is far more interesting in the process. If 2012 April didn't just have that shit by default, but was like learning from say some female ninja branch on how to emphatically manipulate male and female opponents through chi training, then yeah that would have worked. I mean the best super show on the air does this type of character building effortlessly.

I guess you're right, Gwen just clumsied her way around magic for two seasons and it wasn't until the time skip when she got decently good about it, and as for the talismans well that's what they were suppose to do for anyone. Just getting powers is boring.
I haven't even seen it but I guess that because of Shonen power escalation suddenly a lot of things revolved around her.

scanlation

Didn't they write her as being a comic book drawing brought to life in the story?

No one wants to see a side character suddenly become as good as the main character for no reason. Plus, adding extra superpowered origin stories to side character also makes the world more ridiculous and unbelievable. Plus, having a character able to fight alongside literal superpowered beings is a fun as fuck power fantasy. I don't think anyone would like Casey Jones if he actually had powers.

The idea that April got tried of being useless in a fight and decided to take lessons from from the martial arts instructor she knows isn't a terrible one. It's actually a pretty natural action for a character to take. The execution was just beyond shit.

If they wanted to give her something special to compensate for being human and inexperienced, the better way would be for her (and Casey) to loot toyetic gadgets from various villains after their defeats and say the turtles can't use them because of their hands.

I've always wanted a capeshit story about a normal guy who becomes a major superhero by stealing the most useful shit off of each of the villains he defeats.

April training and learning to fight is not the problem and actually good her as a character.2012 decided that she needed special psychic powers which is why the Krang wants her so bad.

This is quite possibly one of the worst renditions of Donatello yes even Bays Donatello is better than this fucking beta.

Because no kids want them and they're the main money machines. Also, even back then, it was pretty hard to take a story about mutant turtles that happen to be both teenagers and ninjas seriously, especially when the comics themselves took themselves way too seriously. Its a shame that the creator's original idea isn't the standard, I'm not a fan of it, but TMNT honestly wouldn't be what it is today without that 80s cartoon.

Sadly, kunoichi April was not meant to be after her dad came back into the picture. If she had stayed living with the turtles, she could've actually earned and honed her skills to become something interesting, like an apprentice/sidekick, or maybe even become a turtle mutant that could change between human and turtle forms to make her fit in better with the group (like in those old Archie comics). A shame that never happened though.

Let's not reopen old wounds.

What a sad fucking beta he turned out to be.

Wasn't the Kate Spencer Manhunter a bit like that, stealing supervillain junk from evidence?

isnt that a side rendition of batman, if not why was it not a side rendition of batman

It's just like Batman with the 60s Adam West show. For years, the general public thought that was the definitive Batman until the 1989 film.

Oh well, we still have the first live action Turtles movie and the first few seasons of the 2003 series. They're the closest to a straight adaptation of Eastman and Laird's work.

Call me crazy but I'm gonna be optimistic about this for the time being, I mean if it's more like the 80's show in tone than I can except a least a couple of decent episodes buried under a pile of shit ones. But if they're gonna go the route of the 2012 series and introduce a whole lot of shit that they never follow up on, then I'm not gonna bother watching.

The problem with the 2012 series was, they introduced cool concepts but never went anywhere with them, April's dad, April being a half human/mutant hybrid with powers, Irma being a Krang spy, Karai being Splinter's daughter and getting turned into a mutant etc. It all went nowhere because the writers had no end goal for any of this shit after the Krang got beaten for good at the start of the third season. April trained with Splinter to become a ninja, but most of the time she ended up using her powers anyway so that point becomes moot, Donnie being a creepy stalker who had a hard on for her didn't make things any better and I hate 2012 Casey with such a fucking passion. They took a badass street vigilante and turned him into this whiny, skinny looking kid who is just an asshole for no real reason at all.

And don't even get me fucking started on Karai, we spend so much time focusing on her arc and what do we get in the end? Nothing! She finds out the truth about Splinter, gets turned into a snake hybrid, gets cured by Stockman, gets brainwashed by Shredder and then she goes back to being an ally of the Turtles.

Also I lost count at how many times this show killed off Splinter for shock value and when he finally died for real, I felt nothing. And I've see tons of people complain about Leo being a laid back dude and Raph being the leader, but I honestly like this change. I was getting so sick and tired of the same old story being played out between them, Leo is the cool headed leader and Raph was always the hot headed guy who kept getting into trouble. It's nice they're finally mixing things up, not sure how I feel about April being black, but like I said, I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see actual animated footage.

You ain't a racist cracker are you whiteboy? We wuz doin ninja shit when whitey was in da cavez.

That version reminded me of Double D for some reason.

I'd stopped reading the series when Eastman and Laird left, but didn't they turn Donatello into a cyborg, have Raphael wearing Casey's mask, turn Leo into The Shredder, all kinds of retarded stuff?

COWABUNGA DOODS

I liked that Jem comic

I lost interest in the show at the time of the tournaments. Now that I look back, the most interesting aspect of TMNT is their constant fight with the Foot Ninjas and, of course, Shredder. No matter how stupid thing they pull with Shredder, you can't simply fail.
Just follow that and you can't fail with shredder, even after the Ultrom shit.

TMNT 2003? 1990?

Looks terrible

2003 is closer than 1990. They were all pretty serious, except for Mikey of course.

the 1990 movie was like the 80's goofy turtles with the comic april, shredder, and casey in this dark setting which made for a fun contrast.

One thing I liked about Turtles Forever was how the 2000's turtles agreed that the 90's turtles were like a whole team of Mikeys, and the 80's turtles were like a whole team of Raphaels.

Was this in the original run or the IDW stuff.

He's probably talking about volume 3 of the original comics, which was done by Image.

Why am I seeing so much TMNT Ghostbusters shit?

nothx

Because muh 80s nostalgia also nickelodeon and IDW wont stop milking the cow until it drops dead.

I can see nostalgia being the reason for Ghostbusters' popularity, but I don't think you can blame 80s nostalgia for the popularity of TMNT with people who aren't even old enough to feel nostalgia for the 2000's

Those are just super sized kosher black dicks.

It isn't stopping the sudden hype for the 80s turtles. Everywhere I go, I'm seeing fans and merch of the 80s turtles and kids who seem to even know about the show despite it having been off the air for ages. Did they start airing reruns somewhere or is this some netflix shit?

You forgot the "hey Holla Forums. Faggot.

Raphael became the shredder in that storyline.

IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING GODDAMN SONS OF BITCHIN FUCK FUCK FUCKING
J O J O R E F E R E N C E??????

Hey Holla Forums

Nick bought it so they're just pumping out merch
it's selling

For the record they don't appear to have distribution rights to the actual show

TMNT in my NRS Injustits2 game?
youtube.com/watch?v=3rXE2RjinkU
It's more likely than you think..

fuck that noise