Deus Ex bread

I've been trying to get into the original because everyone praises it's so much but I keep getting lost and messing things up. somehow I'm enjoying it enough that I keep going back to make it work somehow and I'm already adoring how /cyber/ and red pilld it is.

how can I game that's so broken be so much fun?

What do you mean by you end up getting lost and messing things up?

I think by the time you finish Hell's Kitchen the game really gets good. Everything before then doesn't really click, especially until you make it through a second time. Then, once you get to the airfield, the game really starts showing its true colors.

Sounds like the initial experience I and most of my friends had with the game.

Just keep on going and enjoy not being in total control.

Don't call it broken just because you're too casual to get through it. I'm retarded and I managed to beat it with little difficulty.
Just put all of your points into swimming and environmental and you'll be okay.

Why waste all your points into swimming? I put it into stuff like lockpicking and hacking.

I want to give you benefit of the doubt, but I actually believe you're an oldfag Dude Sex fan trying to make a baitish thread to get shit going.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

you don't need to improve lockpicking or hacking or electronics really. hacking helps a bit, but there's an easy exploit so you only use 1 lockpick/multitool every time.

General tips are:

1) The game's barrier between "lethal" and "non-lethal" is pretty low, sometimes attributing kills made by other NPCs to you and NPCs treating you as a mass murderer as a result. Non-lethal's perfectly possible though, you just need to be a bit more careful; invest in the mini-crossbow (accuracy mods and a scope, etc) and tranq darts + headshots for long distance and use the baton at the small of their back for instant melee KOs. Prod is your friend.

2) Check everywhere and invest in swimming, water routes almost always have something good in 'em and exploration is something you should be doing anyways.

3) GEP gun at the beginning is an excellent choice to take down mechs or walls early-game, last I recall Paul's other choices are weapons you'd be getting within minutes anyways and you won't chance upon another GEP gun for a long while.

What happens if somebody gets quads?

it was just a maymay i'm sorry
It's worth putting one point into swimming maybe, but you can get through the whole game with rebreathers since there's so few water sections. Same with environmental.

Also OP, I wouldn't worry too much about improving weapon skills. Once you get the dragon's tooth sword, you'll forget you have any other weapons.

we bomb Holla Forums

One, thats terror.
Two, that's terror.

/n/

Raising them too much is useless because you get excess lockpicks and multitools

The Shifter mod fixes that and adds a bunch of shit.
Generally though your decisions start mattering less and less the more you progress in the game as the game doesn't even acknowledge your non lethal takedowns but that doesn't matter that much because stealth+non lethal is absurdly OP

Denton does start to fight less against secessionists and law enforcement and more against morally bankcrupt corp/conspiracy mercs, so it's pretty seamless.

oh what the hell, send it to Holla Forums

Actually, I like sending it to Holla Forums now. rerolling.

Yeah there's definitely a drop-off point where the game just stops acknowledging lethal or non-lethal, mostly it's for early-on while you're still supposedly working as a governmental peace-keeping body.

/pone/

re-roll?

/fringe/

/n/

reroll

Holla Forums.

I actually bought a box copy a few years ago and I still haven't gone very far past the statue of liberty…

I hope to redeem myself one day

roll for poll

I blame Bethesda for creating a whole generations of autists like you who think they have to see everything and be able to do everything.
Messing up is part of the game, deal with it or play games more your speed such as Fallout 4.

Re-rolling for /n/

rerolling again for /pone/

Also nice job derailing the thread

Do it now, thank me never. Everyone says that but push on and then suddenly they can't drop the game before finishing

Holla Forums

But man, it's a BOMB!

come on, give it to /n/, I have an article planned out and everything

I'm trying again for /pone/, stop giving me off by ones dammit.

It wasn't meant to be, user.

I know I did when I was a kid. You think they would have made a better job at making the introduction to the game.
Ironically, when you've finished the game once you actually enjoy Liberty Island the other times.

re-rolling one last time.

Fine. I'll give one final roll and I'll try Holla Forums. If it doesn't make it, I'm done.

My experience also. Hell's Kitchen is really damn neat too, even if I was completely confused on my first playthrough.

Definitely Hell's Kitchen is when it gets awesome. Not exploring is the worst mistake you can make starting around hell's kitchen.

I'm actually still on my first playthrough, trying to do a non-lethal run, but I'm stuck in those labs you get taken to after Your brother dies.

Please don't explode.

whew.

>Your brother dies

Bait.

Too close, user.

Alright I'll do it, goty torrent started

backing this roll for poll

He can die if you fuck up

Yes, but the bait is the implications that user fucked up, oblivious of the fact that he could have not.

Also, I recently played the game with GMDX, and God, that part was pretty hard when the good old closet trick didn't work.

The game is linear as fuck you retard. You can't get lost

Holla Forums