Yo Yo Yo, any news on tekken 7?

Yo Yo Yo, any news on tekken 7?

Nothing new since the akuma thing.
It's looking good, it looks visually stunning, mechanically solid, the models look improved, it's all going well.

From a mechanical point of view Tekken has reached the point where it's high level play is becoming so complicated that the gap between experienced players and newcomers is pretty much the gap that would separate an average human from a god shooting lightning out of his ass on command.

There's been talks in the community of actually dumbing down the next games not out of casual pandering, but literally out of necessity because the Tekken scene has been bleeding numbers for years now as new players are fewer and fewer in numbers.

The community doesn't want to end up like Virtua Fighter, but doesn't want the games to become completely casual either.

It's kind of a hard situation and the answer isn't clear moving foward.

Tekken has a dedicated community but nowhere as completely rabid zombie no indipendent thought whatsoever like the SF community, the SF community is so completely slave to their series SF can pretty much do whatever the fuck it wants and they'll still follow, with Tekken there's a very strong fanbase that has a lot of history but unless something happens eventually everyone will get fed up with it, and also there's less margin for error, if Namco fucks up in any way, more people will leave.

well it's either tekken and well

um

dead or alive

DoA is way much entry level friendly but fuck me sideways if casuals will want to touch it

Will there be arcade beat-em-up mode like in T3 and 6?

Most likely since Harada actually gives a fuck about casuals.

Are you trying to insult me there mate?
Because you don't know what you're talking about bitch nigger.

So I guess this is the set roster?
The only addition I would've liked was Lee Chaolan, considering it's the "last chapter of the Mishima clan" or whatever, but it looks like Katarina has filled the role of stylish kickboxer.

I agree on dumbing it down, I've heard things about a lot of moves just being plain useless and adding to bloat but as far as thing go they really just need to trim the bloat off. Make doing chains a bit more lenient too, since there's no reason for them not to be. Not on the links like SFV, just the chains.

There could also be a tutorial.

It's up to Namco at this point.
Historic players like Aris have been pushing for some "trimming" for years now but one has to be careful, it's really easy to send the wrong message and get a completely casualized game.

Is this coming from SF5 drone?

Stop using this excuse, SF5 is a shitty pay to win garbage with trash online yet casual as fuck too.

Complexity is what really matters, casuals don't give a fuck about offline content if they can't play the fucking game because of its complexity. If Tekken 7 is easier gameplay-wise, then they indeed care about casuals and I'm pretty sure Namco will try to appease them.

Devs are adding offline content to justify price tag, because no sane person would buy empty online only game for 60 bucks unless this person is SF drone like yourself.

I hope Akuma attracts new players since he's relatively simple compared to everyone else (I think less than 30 moves in total?) but there's still the issue of learning every match-up and all the mechanics and technical stuff. Trimming the bloat isn't the only thing they could do but it's a good first step.

The best thing to do when a series is this old is to break down what the series is to it's basic core components and understand what works, and what doesn't.

When was Tekken at it's peak?
When was everyone on the planet playing Tekken and consoles being sold just for Tekken and a couple other titles?
Tekken 3.

Why is Tekken 3 the most famous?
Why was Tekken 3 the most well recieved?
What was the skill gap between casual players and the pro scene at the time of Tekken 3?
What was the industry scenario at the time of Tekken 3, and how did that scenario change to the point where we are today?

These are the questions Namco should be asking themselves, understand what made Tekken good and popular, and build foward keeping those elements in mind.

And then we get Tekken 7: Lightning Returns

Anyone actually play it yet? Is juggling still a thing?

I don't think you know what "pay to win" means.

Don't get me wrong I care about competitive play and getting more people to a decent level but not everyone is gonna want to play online and get gud. Some people are just gonna pick up T7 so they can have a fighting game to play with their friends not even looking into advance play.Casuals are whats important for buying your game, competitive players matter but not nearly as much as casuals.

This is why MK sells, casuals always have a fuckload of things to do. I hate the MK but MKX objectively the best fighting game out on the new systems for the ammout of content with competitive play not getting completely shit on second only to Smash if you do count Smash.

Also I never liked SF, was more of a GG person.

Casuals for the initial numbers, then the pro community for the lasting lifespan of each title.
This has always been the rule for a succesful fighting game.

MK doesn't count, the MK series is it's own, separate thing that doesn't need the FGC at all to survive and never will, Boon making MK more appealing to the competitive community is designed in such a way that the FGC money will be the extra cherry on top of the big actual cake that is the MK fandom.
MK appeals to MK fans and gives MK fans fanservice and SP content, that's the main aim, FGC pandering is only added on top of that basic aim.

Any other fighting game serie shouldn't look towards MK for improvements because MK is the exception, not the rule.

What's the answer?

just saying. It would be nice if there was some way to stop endless combos.Thats all it is really is when your fighting good players. Waiting for the other guy to fuck up so you can hit them up and kill with five hit juggle. Not really fun.