FF 6 a goo little game
FF 7, 8, 9: Possibly the greatest games of all time
FF 10: welcomed a new generation
FF 11: very creative competitor to wow
ff 12: latest greatest
FF14 : rebirth of the mmo
FF15 : the game to end all games

Hey OP you forgot 13, 13-2, and 13-3

I'd give ff6 more credit. It's just as good as 7 is and kefka is a better villain.

Underage detected. I bet you haven't even played it.

I played the demo on a friends console and wasn't impressed.

The demo was a shitty hack n slash with a shitty plot and normalfag phones.

Tell me why this game isn't shit.

shit nigga, be a little self aware

This game will make or break Squeenix, and you have Game Bloggers who fucking hate Japanese RPGs along with SJWs who think this is a sexist game because there isn't playable womyn.

Gonna be interesting to say what happens in Squeenix censors this game to placate them and its still not enough and journos will fucking bomb reviews on the game.

This looks like some kind of bait to get people to shitpost.

I hope the game turns out to be good but we will just have to wait and see.

Oh boy! OP gave his opinion on several games! I'm sure this won't be a shit show.

lool

I hope ff15 has lightning in it so the game is as much of a failure as 13.

FF has been shit since the jump to 3D. Only blind sonyggers can't see it.

No he didn't.

That sounds awfully familiar.

You're a fag OP

On one hand, I hope FF15 isn't a disaster. On the other, I'd rather play more Dragon Quest but I should really learn moon. At least if I pirate the shitty localizations I'm not giving them any of my money.

this nigger knows what he's talking about
kek

If anything at least you still get Dragon Quest games. Better IPs have died from that merger.

OP would rather a penis

HAHAHA, hell no. I can understand liking FF 7 and FF 9, but 8 was just bad.

Quite accurate.

I don't quite understand for whom they are even making this game for. Fujoshi? Are they really that big a presence on the market?

Then again, I never understood what the point of FFXIII was, or why it had so many spinoffs.

Was supposed to be next FF7, failed horrible.

Please takes this disgusting Nomura kiddy shit with its 20 FPS, GENERIC as fuck world and literal emo boy protagonists and shove it up your ass. And then, after you've done this, gtfo back to NeoGAF or cuckchan.

Why can't they just make another game in Ivalice? All the other worlds they've come up with since VIII have been shit, FFX and XIII being particularly godawful.

And why do they keep attempting to reinvent the wheel? I admit, playing as a faggy little shit isn't my cup of tea, but when his powerset is basically FSN Archer I'd be on board, but the combat looks dull as fuck.

And since they seem at least capable of making the females look hot why didn't they populate the party with them instead of the sausagefest? I mean, you have the childhood friend, the hot mechanic tomboy and the (former) enemy agent.

People hate the character design because they're attractive japanese males. Pure envy tbh.

Can't believe all this shit taste.

CAUSE I'M THE COOLEST DANCER AROUND

THE LIGHTS ARE SHININ' ON MEEEEE

SO EVERYONE CAN SEE

THE NATURAL PLAYBOY

WOAH-OH!

Fuck off, fucking shill.

Lol can you even read the jap? That's no what it says idiot.

can someone post that backstreet boys picture with ff15 logo
thanks in advance

Do tell. Kanji's a bitch to get through, fam.

People keep saying this like FF games aren't linear. World Map is illusion of choice. Instead of a flat plane with 4 textures you get detailed environments that show culture/world building if done properly, 10 does a good job of this because you have people going through their daily lives and ruins of old cities Sin fucked up as your traveling between temples. Plus the old man that will tell you about the history of the region if you're willing to listen.

Especially compared to the other 3d FFs, 7 you go point A to point B with no real deviation outside deciding when you're going to go fuck with Yuffies village if you do at all. 8 is more or less a complete wasteland minus a few hints of green at the start (haven't replayed in a few years though, only thing I really remember that was interesting was moving around the Garden and being shot into space), 9 is the most interesting but still its all just generic landscapes, still no real choice by the player on where you go outside pointless back tracking, which every FF has.

Piloting an airship will always be fun though, shame they killed that.

What makes FF games is the world building, characters, story elements being told well and the game play. FF13 does none of those things properly and its why it was shit on more then the rest, you can get away with running down a hall way if the player gives a shit in whats going or at least has fun with the game play elements. I don't expect 15 to do it either, looks like it'll suffer from the "Watch whats happening while you have basically no control over the battle" style of gameplay.

Once they remaster FF12 they're out of easy cash cows, FF7 remake even if it ends up surpassing the original (which wouldn't be that difficult, its probably the least interest of the 3 PS1 games even if it did set the standard for years to come) they need to get their shit together.

It'll be interesting to see how 15 turns out given how long its been in development regardless.

Greatest in the last 5 years? That's probably going a bit too far. But I do believe FFXV is possible GOTY material, provided SE don't go full retard.
To be real, "Uncovered" was the best live show I've seen in recent times. If the game itself can live up to it, we're gonna have a great time.
STAND BY ME was a very nice touch too. Unexpected and pleasant.

As for FFII, it's a disgrace. Having come out right between 2 GREAT games, it's got no excuse for being as bad as it was (and is).

It will turn to shit. SE always tends to burn massive amounts of cash on FF games (FF7 as one of the main culprits) but with FFXV they've gone full retard.

Was there really a need to make the in-game car IRL? Was there a point to hiring famous fashion designers to create the clothing for the characters?

I mean, the four faggots at least dress like normal humans for the most part (if they happen to be hipsters) but anyone could have come up with a normal wardrobe that isn't FFX tier idiocy.

Carbuncle was cute.

5 was one of the best. Also, go emulate 9 and play it through.

Go play some might and magic, and SMT to see what a real rpg is.

They don't even look Japanese, you retard. People hate them because they LITERALLY look like emo boys from 2005, at least the protagonist does.

You are hypocritical retards praising this shit.

Not to mention the game looks like cancer, most generic open world I've ever seen and another faggot jpop story. Also abused Stand By Me with a terrible cover.

So lemme get this straight.

"Oh fucking hell this diversity bullshit again! game devs need to stop appealing to SJWs."

"Women are taking over our games! Game devs need to stop appealing to SJWs!"

"Oh god this is some gay boyband shit. Game devs need to stop appealing to SJWs!"

Are we really going to let SJWs ruin games for us like this? No matter what decision game devs make I keep seeing people blaming it on the SJWs. Like I despise Tumblr and radical liberals as much as everyone else on here but this is getting ridiculous.

Hmmm then what is
Smooth sailing, perfect 10/10 GOTY material right here folks. This is what we get anons, so much for shitting on the decade of Lightning waifuism and this is what we get. I bet Nomura is laughing his ass off right now. why can't we just get a finished FF12 for fucks sake

Its only if its in your face. Shit like strange journey and smt in general does female characters well, in that they dont shove them in your face and give them flaws.

New things are welcome
Once again, new things aren't bad
Sadly, most people these days wouldn't buy a game with ATB or a turn based system.
That's just, like, your opinion man. Plus we have the hottest Cid of any FF game.
That doesn't at all mean the game will be bad
That isn't true at all. It's coming to Xbone (as distasteful as that is) and maybe PC sometime in the future.

That's true, but I'm seeing shit on here with people declaring it for everything. At first I passed it off as shitposting but I'm seeing it so often that I'm starting to think people honestly believe that shit.

Take a look at this goy. Whats that? Gameplay being dilluted is a new thing, oh well it must be good then. The cast dress like emo fucks but thats just my insert stale meme here and its exclusive to "next gen" consoles. That sounds great mate, pre-ordering for the whole fam right now.

Keep telling yourself that goy, don't come flocking back with your "I bought super-hyped/advertised game and it fucking sucks" threads.

If I remember correctly, it's a comparison of cutscene models to actual gameplay models, or pre-rendered models to in-engine. Likely has something to do tightening the jacket against her breasts outside of cutscenes to avoid having to actually deal with flapping fabric.

I'm very excited for it. Extremely open development, demos and feedback taken seriously, actual passion and most of all apologizing for the decade of Lightning gives me good reason to expect something good.

I never said the new things would be good, I'm saying that you should keep an open mind. Don't put words in my mouth. If you have the same shit over and over gameplay will get stale and gaming will become even worse than it already is. Also,
Don't even insinuate that shit, faggot. Preordering just might be one of the most cancerous things about the modern gaming industry and could help lead to the second death of the game industry.

I try to be consistent.

I only support games that I feel endorse superior patriarchal values.

But they didn't change anything, that's showing the difference between real time cutscenes and a pre-rendered version. Don't post things you can't read you fucking mong.

She has fucking tanlines! Tanlines!

Didn't they confirm PC

Right is the newer version, right? No way they would fill the world with that awful looking copy/paste grass. I mean I know it's generic shit but c'mon.

OK, the grass is in both versions but it looks much worse on the left.

V is the best Final Fantasy ever.

Post more Cidney please

I already marathoned that whole of Final Fantasy except the shitty portable games and spin-offs that dont matter

This is now a Cindy thread

Stopped reading right fucking there. I bet this nigger doesn't even know what Ultima and Wizardry have to do with the birth of JRPGs.

I don't think so. I think they did say that they would consider a future PC port. Either way the Wikipedia article doesn't say that a PC port is confirmed.

FInal Fantasy is at its best when doing something off the wall. The best games are Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, Type Zero, and Kingdom Hearts.

All of those are shit except KH

As a KH fan that's still the weirdest tastes I've ever heard of.

Jesus

Bait me more gently next time.

Dude I'm serious. I've played all of those except Type Zero and other than KH they bored the shit out of me

(checked)
There are two kinds of peopleā€¦

Let me guess. You like Bleach and Naruto.

please dont make fun of me by insinuating such things

You didn't say I was wrong.

You seem to like flashy over the top combat but disregard worldbuilding, artistic merit, and actual stories. You say the games are "boring". I enjoy running up a skyscraper with an eldtrich artifact bastard sword in each hand as much as the next guy, but Kingdom Hearts lacks the verisimilitude of Tactics or the storybook warmth-in-a-world-of-cold of Crystal Chronicles. They are more nuanced, and in the end heartfelt, experiences.

Also, Donna Burke did the narration to Chronicles.

Final Fantasy 13 was the only one I actually enjoyed, I don't understand the hate it gets.

I said dont insinuate that I do, I figured you would understand that I dont watch them.

Anime is shit now and has been since 1997

Is it normal that instead of wacking off, I'm trying to figure out what other character is wearing the same outfit? I've seen it before.

They didn't reduce anything you fucking retard.
That's a comparison difference between In game and CGI.
Stop spreading paranoia and misinformation.

Worse taste than Lightening waifufags

ur a faget

FF12 was a horrific piece of shit, and you know it.

Final Fantasy 15 will be the biggest financial flop of the last 5 years

What the hell are you
Also if you hate Type 0 you're going to really hate 15