Police Violence and Riots

So this board is getting overrun with absolute shit. Let's have a thread on something going on now and that relates to class warfare.

It seems like whenever the police kill a black man, the riots start and news coverage gets rolling. This brings a lot of sympathy to the victim and to black communities, but it also give a lot of racists fuel for confirmation bias re: black violence. When communities riot in response to police violence, what is the real result? Is it nothing? Does it alter the ideological conditions? Is a riot helpful or harmful to the state of the class war?

What could be done to improve this response method? What would make it worse?

And most importantly, how can we use this unrest to raise class consciousness? Not just in the communities affected, I don't mean. I mean how can we use this example to get any normalfag more aware of the class war? How might we turn the animosity toward police into animosity toward the ruling class?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/jun/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database
m.youtube.com/watch?v=l71Pvvnp3oE
wsws.org/en/articles/2016/09/23/char-s23.html
nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html
wsws.org/en/articles/2016/09/24/pers-s24.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

related

Well, yeah, because the media has whipped the black population (lol) up into a frenzy. They believe, and they're not exactly wrong, that they're under attack. Shit, how many people have been killed by cops this summer alone, black, white, or whatever? It's difficult to keep track.

Even if there was no evidence they'd make something up anyway. Ex: "welfare queens"

Unless the riot is guided by some sort of political ideology or goal then you just have a bunch of burnt cars, smashed windows, and stolen TVs. Riots can be a very effective means of disrupting the status quo and effecting change, but you have to have some sort of goal in mind. If these people were driving cops out of their neighborhoods and establishing their own militias to police themselves, that would be one thing. This I think is just an expression of communal anger.

I would assume so. No doubt there'll be some sort of reactionary result from this. Usually it's been numerically increased police forces, buying them more tear gas, tanks, etc. Even though North Carolina's legislature claims to be broke and have wrecked the economy, I'm sure they'll figure out some way to scrounge the pennies for this badly needed equipment :^)

It depends on the circumstances and the ideology of the mob involved. I doubt the citizens of Charlotte are guided by any sort of ideology, but are instead just lashing out.

It's also hard to say exactly how this will affect the state of the class war. Most Americans are utterly ignorant of class politics and believe in the myth that the US is a classless society. Thanks to the media, black people think it's them specifically that is under attack not because they are poor workers but because they are black, when if you look at the numbers the cops in the US are very progressive and kill people of all races, colors, and creeds.

I'm not sure I understand quite what you're asking here.

I'm not entirely sure. Just flat-out telling black people that black men are dying not because they're black but because they're poor is highly unlikely to work. It flies in the face of everything they've come to know, and black identity has become tied up in this whole mess.

Facts are a good place to start.

theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/jun/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database

Talk about the history of police, too. How they came to be formed, and why, and what they were mostly used for. I doubt they know about all the great police work in the 19th, 20th, and 21st century aimed at depriving people of their rights.

Point out that the cops serve the ruling class and are their main enforcers. Ask them how many black millionaires or celebrities have been killed by cops, or rich people in general. Point out the extremely disparate treatment the wealthy get as opposed to the poor. Compare the regular brutality visited by cops on the homeless and the preferential treatment the wealthy get.

you can ask them how many times they hear of upper middle class people being shot by police.

I'm pretty sure somewhere in the low hundreds get killed per year. I mean I remember that since 2000 (i.e. this century), more Americans died by cops than by terrorists, including 9/11.

Those uppity nigras didn't need clean water anyway…

I'm asking what would be a better approach than what is being done, and you already gave an answer with

That's a good point, and thanks for the link.

This is good, and it makes me think it'd be productive to tie preferential treatment for the wealthy to the influence of money over the "justice" system. Lots of people have heard of the affluenza kid or Martha Stewart having a cozy experience. Plenty of Americans are already well aware of how money shapes legislation, but I hardly ever hear discussion of money shaping the judicial branch.

Good post.

This, so much of this

According to the guardian tracker, which isn't comprehensive but currently the best source I have,

57 people were killed in September (so far :^) )
93 in August
84 in July
98 in June
86 in May
83 in April
100 in March
100 in February
87 in January

Total so far: 788
Avg: 88 per month

And judging at least from the stats from the guardian:
Per Million
4.61 Black
3.4 Native American
2.34 Hispanic/Latino
1.93 White
0.73 Asian/Pacific Islander

Total:
194 Black
13 Native American
130 Hispanic/Latino
383 White
13 Asian/Pacific Islander
55 Other/Unknown

That's about 4 times worse than I thought for an entire year and we're still in September.

And that's just what the guardian has discovered. The real number is probably higher.

Well it's not lower.

I guess you got me there.

So, first he criticized the liberal explanation of "these poor people don't have the means", then basically offered the same explanation himself. Why not give them at least a little bit of credit and see it as a practice of expropriation and autoreduction?

For starters the problem with all leftist activity is that we walk a razors edge of alienating the average worker because decades of capitalist propaganda has turned leftism into the greatest boogeyman in history. As a side effect of this no one is willing to learn about it let alone go full revolution for it.

On top of that these riots have no real aim or organization, it's a knee jerk reaction that is then co opted by opportunists.

I don't know if there is anyway to get normies to realize the state of class war other than trying to despook them on leftism over the course of years, because any and all hostile action taken towards the ruling class will be seen as "typical violent pinkos tryin to destroy muh freedumbs"

This assault is pretty revolutionary and an attack on the system. With stolen phones, wallets and shoes the revolution will come

see

Seen the video, this gives violent jackasses excuses for anything they ever do. Zizek is an idiot in this video, Cameron was shifting the focus from the violence against innocents to prevent backlash against them. The focus went from their revolting actions to their petty actions. The blabber about ideology is also stupid, it's restating his assumptions without justifications, it's completely disassociated from any kind of criminology research or psychological research with high degrees of predictability and that has been repeated.

Zizek is right and your bourgeois propaganda is wrong.

The latest death by cop the guy drew a fucking gun on the cop. Are the media or protesters interested though?

Fuck off. This BLM bullshit is just a cover for TNB.

A.k.a. "don't worry, this is nothing about politics, it's just a social phenomena that can be solved through better management of people-as-cattle; the people's rejection of the system is only a myth."
Fuck sociology and all other ways of denying that people are capable of holding positions and are capable of positioning themselves against the system.

Of course disgusting race traitor leftist cucks would side with the savage niggers on this issue.

I hope they start hanging you faggots so maybe you finally decide to wake up but I fucking doubt it.

When will you lunatics realize that race is a real thing and that people will always identify more with their race than their class?

are you a stormfaggot or just retarded? go such cop dick in hell retard

You are okay with blacks assaulting homeless whites, because some sniveling Croatian told it wasn't really racist but the result of capitalistic ideology? How is this not rationalizing deeply triggering and problematic hatred as something good?

So we should just ignore patterns that persist when controlled for socio economic status (SES) and correlate stronger with violent offences? If you really believe this shit, why are you not similarly eager to defend rednecks when they beat up blacks? There is never any concern for SES or the effects of capitalism then. In those case the only concern is racism

Cops >>> savage niggers

Least cops are productive and serve a function. Niggers do nothing but cause havoc and chaos.

Fuck more niggers have died in the hands of other niggers than cops.

not an argument

Sure, the cops and the melanin-enriched individuals identify with race more than class, but the left wing narrative is correct in saying that the man behind the curtain doesn't care what colour you are, as long as they get money and you don't. If Mr. Porker needs to suppress the working class to make more dosh for a short term project [funnily enough, suppression of workers is pretty bad in the long term]
HE WILL

have more cops died in the hands of 'niggers' than other cops? maybe 'niggers' are good at maintaining a copout (heh) for police brutality, i.e. they scare cops into submission

see

There's another one of a reporter being knocked out and they try put him on a fire. He was saved by the ebil police.

Also,

The entire pretext is contrived. Don't get me wrong though, I hope this goes on for months or years. The backlash will just be all the sweeter.

Also BLM is funded by socially progressive neoliberals (like good 'ol soros)
Why? Maybe to sell honeypot revolutionary media to wannabe Black Panthers.

Pseudo-science? Lad we're pointing you at evidence of shit happening right fucking now. Not my fault you refuse to see it. Some day you will.

LOL, the only difference between a black judge going easy on blacks and a white judge going easy on whites is which color is in which role. The actual problem is class division here.

No you dumb motherfucker, in both situations capitalism is causing people socioeconomic strife, and some people in that situation will be racist. It's not some black and white (lol) either/or thing where it's either 100% capitalism or 100% a priori racism. It's a system where one produces the other, which shapes the effect you see on the surface. Take your precambrian understanding of cause and effect back to Holla Forums.

shit I forgot to turn my bait radar back on since last thread
soz

communism may not be the final goal, that's the thing, we can't tell due to opaque policy and complex systems

if anything looks too hard to be done with calculus, blame fractals

kill all cops and copcucks

I did'nt know that the only fields in psychology not suffering from failure of repeatability or that out-performs SES was a psudo-science. Seriously, how do you justify believing in psychoanalysis and treating SES like the holy grail? The former is an outright fraud, and the latter is otuperformed by allmost any psychometric unit of measure.

They are not.

no shit more white people are killed by cops; white people are more dangerous because when they organise, they take lebensraum and make lampshades
nogs are more likely to be killed per capita tho

We know this. And you don't see white looting as a result.

If there's ever a group that deserve the title reactionary it's African Americans.

(checked)
they can't be reactionary because they haven't got any traditions to go back to :^)
'old' black culture is imaginary because of a lack of records

I have no idea what point you're making here.

My point was that if that is the blacks strategy, to scare the police of the streets, they've got a surprise coming and this will adversely affect all americans.

Because it's a political position of my enemy, you fucking apolitical idiot.

You're giving the black people too much credit, they're only following what they've been told to do.
I thought Holla Forums didn't believe in Zyklon Ben
clash of interest between corporate fascists has the most adverse affect on America

Maybe so but an even more militarised and trigger happy police is in nobody's interest.

Remember, we're all tankies here. As long as the police are only shooting at "kulaks", I approve.

This was a nice thread until Holla Forums's autism fucked it up.

sorry
ill go home now

Ahh yes, beat up some whites. What is wrong with these people?

We will take that as a concession of victory, get knock-out game'd

is that really Eric Garner as a teen? dude was handsome as fuck, why did he ruin his good looks by gaining so much weight??

Currently a protest/riot going on in Charlotte, which is about 20 minutes away from me. Shot a supposedly unarmed man, and there's a photo of it that's quite blurry and low resolution. Now, the cops and the chief say that the ex-felon had a gun and his family is saying book.

There's dashcam footage but they're not releasing it, and they're dragging it out so they don't have to release it because on the first of October our governor (McCrory) has passed a law that all dashcams/bodycams will no longer be released. So, whilst hyping up how it'll lead to transparency, the bourgeois are pulling the blinds down. It's pretty shitty.

Either way, having seen the photo taken by a bystander, I'm still not entirely sure it's a gun. It's at a bad angle, it's black, etc. I'm not saying it's not a gun, but there's no straight answer. They've released every other bit of information about the case including the name of the officer, which I didn't think they were supposed to do until the investigation was over? I don't know.

It's hard for me to sympathize with places like Walmart being looted or vandalized, honestly. I can see why the darkies are upset, and it's more about our entire class than it is about colour. But, of course, everyone wishes these thugs would get off the street and !!!STOP DESTROYING CHARLOTTE!!! and want them all shot.

Insurrection is dead in America, guys. It truly is.

P.S. I get annoyed when the media makes a distinction between cops and civilians when cops are civilians too. It's just another way to divide us.

Ditch the niggers and embrace a white working class revolution.

Most niggers aren't interested in hard wholesome work anyways and prefer collecting welfare and dealing drugs, they are as bad as career academics.

Greensboro fag here

Now he's an "ex-felon" too? I guess they had to add that in since we're an open carry state. At least, this is the first time I've heard of it.

Judging from the blurry images I saw this morning, it did look something like a gun. To me it looked like it was missing it's magazine–if it's even a gun. Even if it is, a picture of a gun next to a body doesn't prove anything, especially if it all happened like they said then there shouldn't be a problem. So where's the fucking bodycam footage?

Why? You have an economic and political underclass that is exacting violent revenge for the violence that is being constantly reiterated is against them all personally as "black people" and they're doing exactly what has been culturally ingrained in them by the dominant consumer ideology to do: extract material tribute for whatever wrong is done to them.

And aside from all of that it's Walmart, and there are few that deserve it more.

IMO, the only problem I have with the riot is that they haven't killed any cops. When will another brave hero step into the shoes left by Micah "Copper Stopper" Johnson?

If you weren't an obvious troll, holy fuck. You are so fucking simmered in the propaganda of capitalism you have no understanding of anything.
Hard wholesome work? With no addition of what the work being done, is… just pricinpally work, working hard for no purpose = good and wholesome. Capitalist tool.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=l71Pvvnp3oE

t. neet living on parents' money

I'm practically an orphan, if you're referring to me. Take your stereotype elsewhere.

I'm just saying what has been told. Apparently he has arrests in three states. Haven't confirmed it.

Also, I'm not sympathizing with Walmart, but everyone else is. It's hard for me to do so since they're shit.

Sure you are.

Oh yeah, I get what you mean. I didn't hear any of the felon stuff on the news.

The fact that they won't release the dash cam footage is pretty incriminating alone.

If the police were genuinely in the right about this and the guy was holding a gun, you'd think they'd be eager to show the evidence proving this fact.

I have a fake facebook profile I use for "trolling." It's useful for actual news. That's where I read it.

According to the family and attorney that viewed it it raises more questions. Apparently, he was actually complying and calm.

Why don't anarchist use the anger of BLM and blacks in general to incite a violence against the state?

They should take advantage of this and rally up blacks

No he claimed that under capitalism even the riot is a form of consumerism, and not because they lack the means. You think they didnt had TVs ect. before they stole them?

This is infuriating to me. I'm watching a livestream on Facebook and everyone in the comments is thanking the CMPD and the NG for being there. The NG are armed and ready for a fight. They are openly carrying their weapons (some with magazines in) and ready. People are happy that they're willing to fire on fellow citizens. In fact, some want it.

How are they so stupid? Do they not realize that they could easily be oppressed or something could be completely misunderstood and they become a victim?

Brainwashing with pacifism. The real enemy of black people is uncle tom preachers and politicians

Savage niggers >>> Cops

If you disagree, you don't belong on this board.

Yes, the function of violently suppressing and terrorizing the proletariat.

Thanks for proving his point.

polcucks a shit

Constant media indoctrination that violence against the state and disruption of business isn't to be tolerated.

Just look at the retarded polfags in this thread. Cops kill hundreds of white people a year but they cheer because they kill black people too. There's also plenty of that comfortable suburban "well if they didn't do anything wrong they wouldn't have anything to fear!" mentality.

wsws.org/en/articles/2016/09/23/char-s23.html

By David Brown
23 September 2016

They see the precariat and lumpenproletariat classes as a warning of what happens when you're not a gud worker. They have been taught to believe the just world fallacy - that these people have it bad because they're bad people. They continue to believe this because facing the horror of class warfare would upset them too much if they didn't have the ability to rationalize it. What Porky has effectively done is make the middle class see the lower class as their enemies and the "evil" ones as opposed to the upper class, whose actions actually have the power to and history of hurting the middle class. Most middle class people aspire to be upper class, and all were taught it is something to strive for. Realizing the actual dynamics of the situation would unravel much of the middle class's worldview and sense of self, given how much most have internalized The American Dream™. Subconsciously they recognize the psychological threat and take measures to avoid facing reality. Doubling down by saying they want the rioters to be shot is a way of convincing themselves that their position on the issue is justified; the idea is you wouldn't be so confident if you weren't in the right, surely. This kind of twisted logic is what you get when deep down people have a niggling feeling they're wrong, but their social circumstances and/or sense of identity demand that they continue to be wrong.

Thank God for indoctrination or we wouldn't have this amazingly peaceful society.

They are really showing and sharing that one guy talking the protesters down with a really catchy, easy to say "slogan" (#OneLove hashtag!). It's disgusting.

I really want to shoot myself.

Let's ask the question of: What are the consequences of looting this particular Walmart?

The stores inventory is reduced, removed costing perhaps thousands to tens of thousands of dollars.
The cash till and store equipment may need to be replaced and in extreme cases the store may need to be refurbished.

Walmart is a Dow Jones level company which owns US$199.581 billion in company assets alone and earned $~4 billion in profits Q2 2016.
Walmart has more than enough capital to restock this store, a paltry sum to them.

So afterward the store can be refurbished, the only people suffering being the store workers who aren't getting any income for this period and potential customers. Really not that much is achieved.

On the other hand Walmart could say "fuck this", move out its' business and leave employees looking for another job.

Vandalizing the store will only satisfy a cathartic, impotent, rage. If you really wanted to exact a change you could; earn enough money to buy most of its shares; set up a cell to assassinate the shareholders and corporate heads or find some other method that actuall affects change.

Holy shit I just realized something… The cost to refurbish would be more than the cost of paying the employees if the damage is bad enough. Walmart wouldn't let go of any money they didn't have to… The broken window fallacy could actually be true in this scenario, because it would force Walmart to take money they would otherwise hoard and spend it on the laborers they'd contract to fix shit (unless Walmart has a dedicated team for this kind of thing).

This would actually be even better. Walmart undercuts prices and kills other stores and then lowers wages in the area because Walmart Associate™ becomes the only available job. Forcing Walmart to leave would be a serious boon to the economy past the immediate short term.

And it's not even coming so much as it's already here.

that is a very silly suggestion

Sure, let's look at this further. Walmart fucks off, leaving a gap for another retailer so you get a few smaller businesses trying to start up and break into the area.
First off, the smaller business tries to get a business loan, but finds it difficult to get a good deal. Who wants to lend to a company setting up shop in a known racial hotbed.

Secondly they discover they have to pay ludicrously high insurance premiums. Same reasons.

Now, if successful, they have to find a way of breaking even meaning they could, drop worker wages (Usually the largest business cost), increased product prices, stock items which sell well and give them a larger profit margin.

Now everyone in the area potentially has to pay more for food and/or accept just as shitty slave wage jobs whilst being sold more limited produce.

Or maybe Food Lion just comes in and uses its' large cash reserves to bypass the insurance costs and set up a shop which can easily undercut the local stores.

Perhaps if you looted most Walmarts in America it would work. For a limited time. Before another company took its' shoes.

Well yes, fair enough.Only viable if you are a Steve Jobs/ Warren Buffet pioneer.

The whole point is to scare every company out of business.

To what end? Socialist Revolution? Communist Revolution?

My entire point has been that targeting such a small area is pointless. Scaring every business in the area out of business will just mean people have to spend more on gas just to find somewhere to get food/clothing etc. people who will be angry with you for making them poorer.

If you really wanted to get rid of big business you should be aiming for more practical targets, such as the people who have any kind of power. Otherwise you are simply doing their work for them.

Unless you wield real economic or political powers, such as the ability to introduce new laws/ tax rates you cannot hope to fully change the system.

they're not done editing it yet

He didn't kick me out but he also didn't apologize. I'm still apparently the bad guy in this situation.

Why the fuck do rightists get so triggered over insulting police? My dad even identifies as a "socialist", though clearly he's more of a social democrat. He's much more conservative now that he's older and richer than when he was young and poor.

Cops and soldiers/veterans have been put on this ridiculous pedestal when really they're worth no more regard than meter maids and postal workers. Older folks especially who were in their 20s and 30s back during the 1980s seem to think everything beyond their front door is anarchy and mayhem only barely kept at bay by the "thin blue line" when really things in the US have never been better or safer.

Rightists love authority, and especially so when it's employed against people who "deserve it." Cops are porkies front-line shock troops in the war against the poor, so naturally authoritarians idolize them. The constant propaganda of the Hero Cop and how "dangerous" being a cop is and how vitally necessary they are doesn't help either.

Comrade, just try and convince your father to read this article the next time he says "cops protect us".

nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

holy shit user, that's awful.

I'm pretty sure police proportionally murder more people than any individual racial group does in the United States.

rly makes u think

Anarchists don't have good propaganda departments, unlike the ex-KGB and CIA.
also teh r dumb XD uwu
If anyone is gonna use it usefully, it's gonna be Black Panther or Nation of Islam, but I thought they wouldn't like angry people as apposed to /k/ tier survivalists.

Stop being so xenophobic, neither donut slave cops nor ex-slave darkie mystery men belong in America.

generalised-strawman-Holla Forums sees cops shooting niggers as a means to an end compromise with the current fascist state.

That never solves anything.

That involves serious damage to the facility.
Do you really think a mob this unorganized is going to systematically attack the biggest corporate influences in town, then fall back on the hope that demand creates an opening for an entrepreneur to swoop in and set up a retail chain for lower class and black people only? That might increase segregation and enforce a stronger divide between the smelly proles.

You could make stronger claims by committing PR attacks and memeing corporate death.

I prefer the blue gang to the black one
They would try. The meme of authority and lack of successful activity by nog groups is the only thing preventing both the powerful separatist/supremacist groups from winning and the receiving end drug cartels from expanding and having more petty drug wars.

Fuck drugs, Robocop wouldn't want you to use them.

m8 r u havn a giggle???

Anarchists in the US are hippie faggots with no organisation.

Police violence and the social crisis in America
wsws.org/en/articles/2016/09/24/pers-s24.html

24 September 2016

* Joshua Scott, 22, from Port St. Lucie, Florida, was killed on September 20 when police officers sought to involuntarily commit him for mental health treatment. He reportedly armed himself with a gun and was shot after a six-hour standoff.

* Jeremy Swenson, 30, from Logan, Utah, was killed on September 19. He was reportedly suicidal and was making “threatening actions” against another person, prompting police to shoot him dead.

* Jesse Beshaw, 29, of Winooski, Vermont, was shot seven times on September 16 by police who were serving him an arrest warrant. He was unarmed, but police claim he advanced toward them with an arm behind his back.

* Joseph Schlosser, 69, of Weeki Wachee, Florida, was killed on September 15. Police officers were responding to a 911 call from a health care worker who said that Schlosser, a military veteran, was suicidal. He was shot and killed in his home.

* Timothy McMillan, 38, of San Gabriel, California, was killed on September 14. McMillan was homeless and allegedly stole a police car. Unarmed, he died after being accosted and restrained by police at a McDonald’s restaurant.

Joseph Kishore