X3

I wonder if the people drooling for a space game heard of this

Other urls found in this thread:

egosoft.com/download/x3tc/bonus_en.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's basically a really hardcore Freelancer that forces you to use guides because of how terrible the in-game documentation is for the mechanics.

Still, if you can get into it, it's the best space game out there at the moment. Also TC is the only good one.

At least you didn't say Rebirth

The campaigns are by far the best parts of the game.

I tried to get into this as a trader with multiple trade ships all in different sectors selling different stuff.
Unfortunately the AI for trade ships is fucking awful and leads to the biggest 100 million ton capacity freighters taking 2 chicken breasts halfway across the galaxy to sell to a gas station.

I ended up just making space weed dispensers in rim worlds and making mad cash because everyone loves space weed.

Were you using the official whitelisted mod pack with Universe Traders?

No mods, just the vanilla game.

You need to use the official bonus pack which still counts as Vanilla, and doesn't mark your game as modified.

egosoft.com/download/x3tc/bonus_en.php

Its too late for me. Trying to remember how to play X3 again would be like trying to remember what you learned in marine biology class in highschool.

What games is this series are worth playing? Is there a story? I have to play them in order?

Go straight to Terran Conflict or Albian Prelude. Hop in a ship and bumble around the stars trying to figure out how anything works

How is the multiplayer in this one?
Used to do a LAN in Freelancer with my brothers, we had a blast exploring space and doing traderuns, would like doing that again.

I think half of the fun is re-learning and getting back into the swing of things.

Hahahahahahahah it hurts, user

The only thing that takes a while is reinternalizing the command shortcuts until you command your fleets as if you weren't fighting the godawful interface. Learning how best to use the alternate traders from the bonus pack is a lot more complex but oh so rewarding. Just buy some hand lotion, there'll be lotsss of profitsss. Never piss off the Yaki, perfect place for your HQ.

AYYYYY

we have a spess thread up tho 24/7 and most of the discussion happens there

it comes and goes in waves since its basically one of those games that one has to reinstall when someone mentions it

I once spent an entire weekend trying to figure out how to play TC and gave up. I bought Albion Prelude but never tried it. I still think that TC has a really cool intro video.

Lurk more, faggot.

I was actually replaying X3: Reunion on my linux box the other day ago and it plays worse than EVE online does with wine.

I gave up on X3 when I realised that the AI is braindead retarded even when it's not being hamstrung by having no cpu cycles. it literally cannot dogfight. It can't even avoid running into ships/stations half the time.

No user. You were the monsters all along.

I downloaded the first 5 games years ago on steam back when there was a sale. I havn't used Steam since the paid mods shit

I played the first game and got really intimidated by having to spend hours just to be able to spend money on shit to speed up your ship. I then was able to finally leave the sector and just gave up because I was tired of the grinding. I figures 2 would be more compelling. Then I found out 2 was essentially based off of 1 and continued the story so I just couldn't appreciate it and gave up there as well.

If I torrent 3 will I get the same shit from either game? I don't mind a bit of grinding and jews in space but I feel like my time is being wasted if I'm spending more than 3 hours just to be able to attain an ability that allows me to move a bit faster.

Is the combat at least strategic? By strategic I mean can you plan out invasions and conquer sectors and shit? I want to be a Space Pirate and get all the sci-fi doubloons to spend it all on bigger ships and bigger guns and rum

The autopillock is famous but so is the solution, just avoid giving them too fast ships. It completely breaks somewhere around 200m/s, sooner for ships with the maneuverability of a thrown brick.

X3 AP is definite in terms of gameplay, X3 TC is definite in terms of story content.

If you want conquering sectors with your pirate flotilla, theres mods for that. Theres mods for literally everything.

The modding community comes in to save the day once again. I'll probably play them again without either then take a gander on what the fans have to offer. Thanks again.

Dont bother, install mods right away, every addition to the gameplay mechanics since 2 came out have been user mods at some point.

Playing X3 without mods is like playing shooters with a gamepad.

This 'game' is pressing J and then waiting 30 minutes for your ship to fly itself through several solar systems and dock by itself at a station. Where you then click a few buttons to sell your goods, then repeat.

Total, utter garbage suitable only for the most neckbearded of sci-fi fans.

what is the point you are trying to make here, I dont quite see it

I bet you didnt even set SETA to 10x you fucking scrub

basically. how else could I take down a super advanced capital ship with a fucking medium fighter

I've been playing at least with the Bonus Pack. It's not nearly as bad as playing FPS with a gamepad.

I'm saying you have to be completely dedicated to the genre to even have the remotest chance of enjoying this. Because the gameplay is garbage and waiting.

don't worry I got a good hundred hours out of TC, I just had to stop playing when I realised exactly how shit the AI was. there's no satisfaction in it. It's like beating up on retards in straitjackets

Ive been playing FPS with a gamepad, its about as bad as playing X3 without mods

Try Litcubes, the guy reworked the AI somewhat fierce.

The gameplay is setting up an empire that produces everything you need for whatever your plans for the universe may be. That can be achieved in many different ways, some of them packed with action, some with a less personally involved playstyle.
It's only boring to people who'd think themselves boring if they could ever meet themselves without realizing it. Congratulations, you've just insulted yourself.

Not casual enough. Too many buttons to press. The in-game documentation/tutorials/guides/etc aren't very well written either. It forces you to go online to learn less than advanced tactics. No one WANTS to stop playing a game to look up a guide.

i think EVERYONE here knows X3

The only flaw to this game, after installing the Litcube Universe mod, is that the flight is non Newtonian.

Butthurt anti-Litfag incoming in 3… 2… 1…

I'll actually say it's fine to start with the first game, X:BTF
you don't need to finish it, but at least give it a spin to see how it all started
I personally love the game, but hell if I didn't have a hard time trying to remember all the hotkeys the game throws at you in the first fifteen minutes

I play them in wine too because I'm too lazy to install Steam on Gen2. They work fine with neckbeard radeonsi drivers and gallium nine patched wine.

What's the source for that?

The character is Kancolle's Battleship Princess. Can't help with the source though.

The X series went to hell when they added the MK3 trader mod to the official client, added station missions that pay out so insanely well that it's pointless to start out space trucking, made factories a waste of time other than for supplying yourself, and added plot missions that give you insane amounts of free top-shelf shit. Those changes were made to attract casuals and they led the series towards X: Rebirth. If you think they were good for the game, you're part of the casual horde that killed the series.

yeah, we did 10 years ago when it was released. The problem isn't that they don't exist, the problem is that people want a new good one and there hasn't been many. Off the top of my head, there's E:D, NMS, Evochron, Star Citizen, and X-Rebirth in the last few years or to come eventually.

E:D is wide with no depth. Evochron's an indie that's okay, could be better, but okay. Star Citizen is poised to be an unmitigated disaster. X-Rebith, even with all it's updates and patches, is nowhere near as good as previous entires. And No Man's Sky is more casual friendly geared and focused more on exploration, and probably the trading and combat is more simply designed.

there just hasn't been anything that has hit all the right notes for a lot of people when it comes to space sims. That's all there really is to it. That's not to say that fans of one genre prefer different games themselves, but of all those listed only NMS interests me and even then it could still be complete trash. Fuck, I even want Star Citizen to be good as well but I just don't have hopes.

egosoft said they're working on a new X game though, so maybe they've learned their mistakes from rebirth. Only time will tell I guess.

This is the kind of insult someone that is extremely autistic and socially awkward would come up with. This is the kind of joke a real life version of Manny from Modern Family would say.

How's StillBirths modding scene nowadays? Egosofts old modus operandi of integrating and polishing mods and weaving some stories through the resulting freeplay won't work if there aren't mods to integrate and polish.

You know what? I don't even want to fucking know what that is. I thought it was an Oni or a monstergirl. Fuck that logic, fucking gooks and cute things. Jesus fucking christ

I do not know. I have not played it in a very long time, and I only boot it up when major updates happen to see how much changed.

but rebirth is actually good?

I mean granted, it was a hot mess. and I mean Jeb bush kind of hot mess, but the devs actually fixed it.

Bullshit

X-R is what killed X.
X3 was still fun to play, and not everyone enjoys tons of grind. Not to mention that with mods you can adjust that anyway.

I can play X3 without the bailing mod and marine boarding enchacements (teleporting, station boarding, etc..)

*CAN'T.

fukken typos

How do I get gud at X3:TC? I played Albion Prelude and I managed to make millions off of buying and selling stocks at the stock markets, but I can't make a fortune on X3:TC. I even have the Sunny Place DLC I got during the sale and I still don't know what to do.

Rebirth is still garbage.

weed fabs in Teladi space
park ships you're tasked to bring somewhere at the Yaki shipyard instead, they take care of the cops
get police license and fight xenon invasions
don't piss off pirates if you don't have to and absolutely never no matter what happens yaki, they're more useful as friends
station building missions as soon as you have the needed capital
foreign secondary resources sell almost as well as drugs

those are all easy. there are some advanced techniques using automation options from the bonus pack but you don't need them for a fast climb through the tech tiers.

X2 was much better balaced as long as you were willing to leave the game in seta overnight. X3 could have just baked that in by massively improving factory profits and getting rid of seta and the game would have been perfectly tiered for progression but instead they panicked and made the economy irrelevant. In the recent version you have to be impossibly rich for any of the station building gameplay to rival random missions, far richer than I have ever been, and there's just disgustingly OP shit that should never have been in the game like springblossoms handed to you. They went the wrong way with the series.

Is the newest X game fixed yet?

I remember the huge letdown on Holla Forums when this game was released.

I wonder if they spent even half of the marketing budget on making the game.

ur garbage m8

yes

Maybe they give great head.

X games always seem to be released in a garbage state and fixed later. That's modern gaming I guess, pathetic what people are willing to accept.

I'm not going to defend Rebirth, but the rest are truly massive in scope even compared to AAA releases. I would obviously prefer for the games to be released when they're truly done, but I'm willing to compromise because the amount of content you get when it's all patched up and ready to go is incredible.

rebirth cant be fixed, its broken by design

X:Rebirth is playable now then?

"playable", sure. I mean, it runs. Wouldn't recommend doing so.

It's miles beyond where it was at release, but I still don't think it's worth a purchase.

Give it a pirate and see if you like it, here's a magnet of the latest version magnet:?xt=urn:btih:F9405A91A12B5AD860FAEC190210D66B738F0FA5&dn=x+rebirth+collector+s+edition+v+4+0+2+dlc+2016+repack+xatab

what about spaceshipgirls? any vidya with that? hell i would even take a VN

I have bought on release like a good goy, I am wondering if it is worth the bandwidth

If you don't have any genuinely good games in your backlog and are really craving a space game but don't want to replay the better games, it'll scratch that itch.

I tried X2 about 1.5 years ago. Fun first 5 hours, but I gave up after that. A little too ambitious for my lack of motivation and time. Its great that you can choose whatever mission to do, world area to traverse, or faction to support IIRC.

I played X3 terran conflict about 5~6 years ago, and stopped playing right when Albion was being released, how is it? any significant improvements?

no spaceship girls yet, knowing japan its a matter of time
shipgirls is Kancolle, yep its a game, but i never played myself, only fap to the doujins

its like they hate shekels!

Looking at steam there xpacs released for X rebirth. With the latest being 4.0…

Torrenting now

I reinstalled it yesterday and started a new game because of that. I still have my billionaire savegame, but when I loaded it, I had no fucking idea what to do. Starting without a single shekel is the best part of the game.

BUT…

Fucking current XRM version (1.30) tags the game as modified. It didn't with the version I used before (1.19 if I recall correctly). I deleted the files for older version yesterday because I saw the new release.

I feel like a retard