Are there any good boxing, or slower more realistic fighting games on PC?

Are there any good boxing, or slower more realistic fighting games on PC?

You can emulate Punch-Out!! for the Wii with Dolphin.

Emulate Fight Night Round 2 or Round 3?

Round 2 has the much better career mode and more fun gameplay, even if it is Haymaker spam. Plus it isn't covered in ads. Plus it has Rocky Marciano, if that matters.

Round 3's soundtrack was so much better though.

Are the ones on PS3/360 somehow worse?

geez, it's nuts how underrepresented this genre is… so emulation looks like it's going to be the way to go. Downloading everything recommended so far, also How was Victorious Boxers 2?

Ah, sorry, that was rude of me. Punch-Out is very not realistic. An Irishman will attempt to sling a boxing glove with a horseshoe in it at you.

Never tried it. All I know is that EA copied the gameplay from Victorious Boxers/Hajime no Ippo for Fight Night with the dual sticks.

Yeah, ignore Knockout Kings. The gameplay is horrible.

Hey, if it's still fun I'm willing to give it a go. Does it emulate alright or should I go ahead and cancel the download?

Huh, didn't know that. Might just go ahead and play Victorious Boxers first then.

No idea on the emulation front, I played it on the actual hardware. And it plays extremely well, just approach it from a gamer mindset than straight up boxing though.

I forgot, there is Real Boxing on PC, but I heard it wasn't that good.

THE CLASSIC boxing game on PC is 4D Boxing for DOS. I played the shit out of it back in the day.

Just to warn you, there are TWO versions of the game. 4D Sports Boxing by Mindscape and 4D Boxing by EA Sports.

Main differences is the EA version has different music, pupils in the boxer's eyes, an entrance cutscene, and a result cutscene with a newspaper. Not to mention the ring has the EASN logo instead of Mindscape.

is there a way to emulate fight night 3 without graphical issues? The textures are very wonky in this one

I'd still play Fight Night Round 2, since you can still land shots while the boxer is going down. Or if the physics allow it, he just rests on one knee while knocked out and you can still throwing a SHIT LOAD of haymakers to his head.

Funfact: In Fight Night Round 2 on Gamecube, it comes with Super Punch Out. Beat Super Punch out, you unlock the SNES version of Little Mac as a playable character in Fight Night.

Not even Punch-Out is that cruel.

Never played round 2, I was dirty at round 3 though.

If you stop by the agdg threads, I post about my boxing game there.
I can't make it the same as vic boxers 2 though, wish I could
Video related is outdated but I'm on my phone

Playing them sounds boring, that new UFC game and the new WWE2k games play 'realistic' and are boring

All of the victorious boxerso games were fun though

How is Fight Night Champion?

While the topic is boxing games I'd like to ask, is there a boxing game with RPG elements released in the West?

Very good imo, I play it on a regular basis with a friend. However, don't install the patches as they seem to fuck with the gameplay too much.

Punch Quest. In that you punch things. A lot.

I didn't like it as much as i did Round 3. Different mechanics.

he looks like the stuff of nightmare fuel, but I'm sold.

keep up the hard work user

Which was the Fight Night that had Burger King ads on it? Because I fucking LOVED that one.

Best boxing game I've ever played in terms of gameplay. Best story for a sports game I've ever played. But the last boss is pretty bullshit.

3 was the one. You can hire the Burger King as a trainer to improve your heart.

Realism makes for really bad fighting games and games in general so not really.

have you ever played a boxing game though?
the realistic mechanics of boxing + some bullshit moves like sawamura's lightning-fast punches make for a lot of fun

Nobody gives a fuck you vacuous plebian.

Clearly OP does.

Yes, realism always ruins the fun.

so the boxers should be purple, flying, with 4 arms, 2 heads, firing lasers, because realism is bad?
stop being autistic, certain mechanics simply shouldn't be changed, clearly there's people here who enjoy these

If Kinnikuman had boxing gloves…

I don't play Pokken or nintendo games, bait harder
Ok bruh whatever you say

if it's not hyper realism then it's pretty damn close to realism?
what the fug do you want that isn't punch-out?

What? Explain your post because this seems like something that was translated by a machine.
When did I mention Punch Out?

well it's a boxing game
that isn't realistic
and i can't think of any other boxing game that doesn't try to be realistic
so i'd assume you want something like punch out

The irony.

wut

Round 2 on Gamecube is a pain in the ass cause it uses the C stick for punches…and the C stick has corners and isn't smooth. It messes with the controls I think.

As an American the Burger King is the only royalty I acknowledge.

By the way guys I don't know if I imagined this but in Fight Night 3 does anyone remember one match in career mode that had a reward for you LOSING it? It only happened once and I'm not sure if I dreamed it or what, but it was basically the game asking you to lose a fight. I think it was against your rival which I think in my case was Roberto Duran.