K i l l m e

k i l l m e

What the fuck did they do to it?

more like blu-rry.

Wavelet denoise filter. Be thankful - lots of their movies get MSPaint'd up by a basement full of Koreans.

DVNR?

It looks like they used one of those image up-scaling programs like waifu2x for the entire movie. Couldn't they just use the actual film to avoid this though?

How can you fuck up this badly??

I don't even have to expand the image to te how garbage that looks.

And it's one of my favorite movies…

It's like they literally just put it through adobe illustrator and hit the default setting.

Agreed

What next, will you complain about high resolution digital movies too?

0/10

I don't get it. Is this some sort of shill thread?

didn't you look closely at the outlines?
>>>Holla Forums

But it seems like someone's trying to get me to buy the HD version.

Please stop being retarded. Thank you.

You cry about Holla Forums so much it looks like your boogeyman is coming to life.

It looks exactly the same.

That's what first came to my mind as well, but wouldn't this virtually impossible given you'd have to upscale every single frame?

Why? They drew the frames in the first place, and I'm willing to bet it took longer than an automatic upscaling you can easily parallelize.

It aint much.

Kricfalusi was right again!

On Demonoid there's an italian HDrip torrent which includes the english audio. Not the best quality but miles better than Disney's "restoration".

La Spada Nella Roccia (the Sword In The Stone, 1963)[1080p H264 - Ita Eng Ac3 - SoftSub Ita Eng] HDTVFull [Tntvillage.Scambi oetico]

Good lord

Why Jesus, holy fuck it's like they just said fuck it and let a youtuber work it lol

Jesus christ, I thought I stepped into a emulation filter thread on Holla Forums.

cropping should be punishable by death

I need more examples of this, I can't tell by this image alone if this is a shitty change or not

DVD will always be the superior format!

Up and down
High and low
Screw the res you bought it, bro

has nothing to do with it being DVD though, they just started going full retard with autistic color filters, cropping images and shit

Not part of the topic, but watching Sleeping Beauty on DVD made me realize how fantastic those background paintings were.

why is this so fucking hard

These guys were good.

Such a beautiful movie.

Why is this making me sad?

Because this is not how it is done nowadays. That's why.

Because they can't decide if they want to have the picture sterilized of any artifacts that would be introduced from photography (ex. the BD restorations of Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, and probably Cinderella and Peter Pan) or to leave just a bit of noise in, because that's perfectly natural and how animation looked up until the retirement of celluloid in 1989 (which is how Ichabod and Mr. Toad and The Reluctant Dragon were restored on BD).
This is probably a challenge with the first decade or so of features, shorts, and TV programming involving Xeroxed animation. Before Ub Iwerks developed the xerography process, animation was hand-inked onto the cel and then painted onto the back. Xerography replaced the nice, young ladies in the inking department at Hyperion avenue with about eight or nine modified copy machines. Animators and clean-up artists were then more responsible for how the shot turned out. This is why Disney's animation looked all rough and scratchy around the edges, starting around 1960 with a one-off short named Goliath II (embedded), and then the following year in One Hundred and One Dalmatians.
The cels, though, were still hand-painted and backgrounds range from "also cheaply xeroxed for consistency by order of art director Ken Anderson" (ex. One Hundred and One Dalmatians, The Aristocats) to "still pretty nicely done" (Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Jungle Book, The Rescuers).

tl:dr - Disney didn't think digital video through the way Warner Bros. did, and they're trying the same restoration on two different techniques of photography.

So they're trying to make sure this movie fails twice, right?

platinum has wider coverage but the detail is down