——————

Join our Mumble server for nightly Squid Squad voicechat:

wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

8v.servers.moe or 8ch.servers.moe - Port: 64738 - "Vidya General" -> "Splatoon"

Post your Nintendo Network ID here for extra fun times:

>>>/smek/4

——————

PREVIOUS SPLATFEST RESULTS:

Worldwide Splatfest: Fancy Party VS Costume Party (Fancy Party wins in both popularity and wins)

OTHER NEWS~
First anniversary approaching, ready to celebrate, squids?

In-Game Screen Shot Tutorial:

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/splatoon-modding-hub.425670/
amazon.com/Splatune-SPLATOON/dp/B014HZSPI2
youtube.com/watch?v=4RBG4KLnGjY;
hardcoregamer.com/2016/05/13/splatoon-playing-cards-to-be-released-in-japan/207020/
youtube.com/watch?v=hBo6WBFgHks
youtube.com/watch?v=g_qICgQOplk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting this for organizer

CUSTOM BATTLE INK-COMING FOLKS!!
Battle of '96 is a theme event based on the events of the above story. While trying to stay true to the weapons and nature of the fighting there weren't even any squids! this event will be played with primarily shooters in splat zones mode.

Weapons permitted

(all variants):

• Splatershot Super Soaker 50
• Splatershot JR Super Soaker 30 or generic water gun
• Splatershot Pro Super Soaker XPS 105
• Herospray
• Octoshot
• Ayylmao spray Super Soaker 20
• Splash-o-matic
• Splatlings Super Soaker XP250
• Mini-Splatling Super Soaker 200
• Hydra Splatling Super Soaker 300
• Nozzlenose Some generic waterguns
• Bamboolzer Power Soaker Canon

Nothing equivalent at the time

• Squelcher
• Dual-Squelcher
• N-zap
• Splash-o-matic

No one ran around with with paint roller
There was no weapon that functioned like a charger or a gal
Buckets didn't work -tried it

Gear permitted:
all there were no bellhats, but please, go nuts

Octolings are superior

Why is this game harder than Dark Souls series?

I'm in mumble if anyone wants to squad.

I'm down though I have not played in a while.

I don't know user. There's a lot of things we'll never understand, like why I am in love with a squid.

Because it's like PVP all day, every day. Nothing to memorize, no patterns, only thing you can change and improve is yourself even then it might not be enough.

Your taste in squid is impeccible. As for me, my heart is stung by multiple tentacles.

Do you always play solo, Annie poster? I think I have your NNID added but you never seem to be in mumble during our squid fights.

Great taste user

We have three now. Would be nice to get at least one more.

I'll never understand why you're in love with a squid either especially when superior Octolings are around.

Do you love her enough to buy her amiibo?

OH BOY SUMMER 4AM SPLATOON IS ALMOST HERE

Do you americlaps all have long holidays during the summer or something?

Only the students.
Wageslaves like me still have to go to work.

Most don't take college during the summer. Semesters end around early may and start mid August.

of course

famous loli tits

wow, fuck that Squid.

Also don't

There should be a sleight insurgence of posh and verbose in Splatoon Threads now that The Organisation of Fancy had emerged victorious.

Can anyone explain to me how this game's ranking system is fair at all? I've been stuck at C- for almost a month. I get 12 and 13 splat rounds that I not only get nothing for, but actually LOSE ranking because of.

I am sick and tired of not being able to play with people who actually know how to play, and being stuck with playing with them because of that. Its an inescapable cycle and I have no idea who thought this was even remotely a good format. Right now, I can count on one hand the amount of time my teammates have even attempted to join me on the tower since the Tower Control maps were turned on.

How do you play with people who are good if you're constantly brought down by people who are terrible? Why the hell does my -personal- rating have anything to do with my teammates?

BARELY ANY ENGLISH NAMES

There you have it folks, the real autisticrats of splatoon will always be the nips. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit envious, to be so in love with the game that you would be willing to battle 30 hours straight and train yourself to such excellence for the wins.

You didn't use any of those words correctly.

No, user, you ARE the baddy. Next you'll tell me you use analogue controls and the ayyyspray.

Because Nintendo's credo has always been "last place, first." Mario Kart, Smash Bros, all of its quote unquote "competitive" games have this same dumbshit system that rewards bad players and hurts good ones. That is how they "level the playing field." Not surprising that the company is rife with SJW scum, they've got the same ideas.

Aerospray RG can get you to B+ comfortably.

I said literally none of those things, dipshit. I use motion controls and the Splattershot. How the fuck do you think I get 12 splat rounds to begin with?

a better explanation may be the fact that the Wii U as well as Splatoon has sold better in Japan than in all of North America. Most Wii U owners and Splatoon players are Japanese.

Okay C- Boy

Lemme give you some tips

One man army this shit

Cover more turf if not cheese your way with the Dynamo to get out of C rank.

And then you'll hit a brick wall of actual weapons. No reason to use it in the first place.

If you didn't think splatting C- players was so important, why did you brag about it? Your seething anger must be holding you back. Perhaps zen meditation will be helpful for you.

Which splattershot? What's your gear like? Do you incorporate any advanced techniques into your movement?

If you win 50% of your games you will rank up from C- very quickly, because you gain more from a win than you lose from a loss. In the upper ranks you have to be capable of carrying in order to rank up, that's not the case in C-. You just have to not be a burden. Yes, your teammates suck. So do your opponents.

I don't even know where to begin, so I will just list out in point form:

1) Ranking system is fair enough, if not we would get stuck in C hell with our alts despite already reaching S.

2) Either you are extremely unlucky with DCs and shit like that, you shouldn't be stuck there for so long, because you are getting 20 - 22 points per win and only losing like 10 per loss.

3) Terrible teammates will always be there doesn't matter what rank you are in, even worse is when you have terrible team mates and your opponents are coordinating like a assassination squad which leads to…

4) Learn to fucking carry, that is all there is, if you are getting 12, 13 kills in a match, you are doing OK but remember every time you die, your opponents might just use that opportunity to push the objective, so just because you get kills doesn't mean you get all the right kills, go for the objective and splat anyone in the way.

5) If that still doesn't help you, then I don't what else to say, all of us have played with alts and C's and B's were the comfiest matches. By the way, if you are still having trouble, squad with one of us when you are free.

He wasn't bragging, he was saying that he shouldn't lose personal ranking points after he does a double digit splat round. He's not wrong.

It's as though you actually think killing people is the most important thing in this game.

Are you referring to kills? If you are

Nah, I don't see it working.

Can someone please join mumble? We got 3, only need 1 more for 4 squad.

GOD FINE

Please don't make the thread shitty. Exercise an ounce of self-control and just don't.

Hey C- Kid
You still in this thread

Whats your NNID;

I refuse to believe you're stuck in C- forever

This. Come on, post it and lets squad on friday night.

I'd like to have a daughter and when she's grown up cut all of her hair and replace it with squid tentacles so I can adore her every time I wake up and bath her with my ink.

Why can't we play as Octolings? Why? Why even live at this point if you can't be the best race?

Are we getting raided or something?

No seriously, why aren't they an alt costume?

In my opinion because it makes no sense, to have octolings do turf wars/ranked along with inklings, from a technical point, its also more work for the devs as they need to remodel some of the headgear for octohair, also no octoling males.

Which character would be Huey?

Actually, that's fair enough since Octolings aren't supposed to be around anymore really. On the other hand, wasn't the Great Turf War a thing between Squid and Octoling? You could always work it in that way.

Fair enough on the modeling, though I don't think that would be that hard. And who needs both genders, just make them all female Octolings. No seriously, those are decent answers I wasn't quite thinking of.

This is why we need a sequel, user. But I don't think Nintendo wants to do all the work to craft a memorable single player experience when they could so do the multiplayer part and still rake in cash.

Didn't originally splatoon was multiplayer only and the devs changed that when people asked if there was going to be a single player.

Or maybe the tranny spilled the beans on twitter and the devs said "Surprise octolings never mind"

Yeah, I can tell. Sucks since there's really a good source to build from. And is also sucks that this is the closest we'll get to Batallion Wars 3, since I'm pretty sure it's reusing some of that code.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a thing in Spla2oon where the squids and octopi have a common threat.

whales?

WEW

Anything would be good but I am afraid Spla2oon will be solely multiplayer game right from the beginning.

Also they better fucking tease something splatoon related in E3 because I don't think you can talk about Zelda for 90 mins.

Why would it be any different from the first game?

They sure will try.

YOU DON'T KNOW THE POWER YOU HOLD

Well, what's something that preys on octopi and squid? Humans?

Humans are extinct squigga

Just paranoid that the sequel will not live up to expectation is all, considering the direction Nintendo is heading, not as bad as Sony or Microshit but still

Removing story mode would likely only be justifiable if they drastically improve local multiplayer.
But at the same time without story mode they lose out on a lot of opportunity for world building.
A drawback with this story is how disjointed it felt from inkopolis. Almost dream sequence like.

fug. Forgot that.

Are sharks not fish? Otherwise, whales would make for some intense bossfights.

I don't think you know just how stupid that poster really was.

That's easily fixable story-wise though I don't see humans being introduced to this game in any current form being likely. It's likely to stay sea-focused. Pretty interested in how they will handle not being able to swim.

whales

sharks

bigger squids

I wouldn't worry too much. First of all, because Splatoon is more of a multiplayer experience, it will probably be awhile before there is another actual Spla2oon. Why go through the trouble of making a new game with the same general multiplayer experience so soon when you can just continue to update the first game to make sure it stays fresh.

Chances are it Splatoon will just be supported by the NX and we might get a spin off game or two that expands on more of the lore and characters like a Squid Sisters Rhythm/Dress Up game or the Adventures of Capn Cuttlfish. It will probably be 2 more years before Splatoon 2 with an all new type of multiplayer experience and expanded story mode is ready.

THIS MEME MAGIC TRAIN JUST GAVE ME 15-5

UN FUCKING STOPABLE

There will always be people on Holla Forums who will shout "nintendoom" at every chance they get and shit on nintendo. Nothing surprising, for example take a look at the pokken thread.

You might be right but until now they haven't had plans to "upgrade the base game" other than introducing weapons or balance updates and such, so I guess we don't know what they are planning. I am just hoping for anything really, just to scratch that itch.

Fuck I would even buy NX day one if it meant I get to play splatoon on it the moment it releases.

Checked. Now check mine.

GO user

DESTROY THE NIPS

Whales and sharks would be neat to fight against.

Are we sure that's a real lore thing or not just a gameplay contrivance?

That's not really uncommon in more multiplayer focused titles. Make a few hats and autists are just fine.

And if the Wii U titles are going to be playable on the NX, I think we won't see another core Splatoon game until after they finally stop making Wii U games.

Think of how much time was between Smash Bros. Brawl and 4Smash. You're probably gonna be looking at something like that. The benefit Splatoon has though is that it is its own IP so they can crank out a couple titles on the DS or something between that stretch of time if they want to make sure it's still in the public memory. That's one reason why Callie Marie are doing concerts a year later.

The way I understand is they can dip themselves in water but they can't swim, although that is not hard to retcon, just introduce a scientist guy and make the problem go away with some bullshit tech.

Yeah I know it's gonna be a long wait, at least we are still trying our best to have fun in the meantime, If I really hated the game I wouldn't have come back and played it every week.

Unfortunately Captain Cuttlefish mentions it in the story mode.
Though it feels like something born of a gameplay contrivance that was given this justification.

simple, make "ink spots" in the ocean.

this all does make it seem though like the inklings and octarians do exist in an alternate mario timeline though if too much water is a weakness.

Speaking of ranking, does anyone have the details on how ranking points are assigned after a match? Every time I think I have it figured out, it throws me for a loop.

Honestly, a rhythm game with the squid sisters feels almost guaranteed at this point. I think they need to produce enough songs for a studio album first.

I'd like an Elite Beat Agents style game featuring a rival pair of Octarian pop stars.

There are a lot of factors involved like the system will calculate your win/lose point count based on the ranks of each player in your team and opponent team. That's why you get weird shit like +8/-12.

Sometimes the bullshit is that just because you have one weak player in your team, you can throw off the system and make it reward you more points when you win like a A+,A,C+,A squad.

tl:dr, it's a lot of fuzzy logic

I am ready for this

I don't remember what anything below S rank is like, but I think it goes something like:

Although I think there is a multiplier in there somewhere, because I remember getting paired up with a lot of A rank players in ranked and having them completely fuck up the point distribution. It would not surprise me if the graph of point distribution had some weird peaks and valleys in it.

There's a lot of potential for the brand. I think there ought to be some references to Super Mario Sunshine, or outright gameplay based around it in the sequel. The devs, of course, didn't think about SMS when they were making the game itself, but the crossover is too perfect.

Never

We need squids vs octopuses.

It literally is a soft core race war.

Yes

The great turf war was literally WWI and WWII and the reason the Octolings attacked was because that treaty they were forced to sign was also the treaty of versailles and was unfair to the Octolings

Octolings=Germans

Squids=Russian Commies

Jellyfish=Jews

I've never wanted anything more to happen in this series.

WEW LAD

But would they be pop stars, or rocker/punker chicks?

They would be most likely be superior

No

this stuff writes itself

Free money, Nintendo.

Yeah buddy, I think they are going to reconsider

Assuming they purge their Treehouse localizers, they could get away with pushing a lot of shit past the censors.

I don't see how something like that would result in more than an E rating

It's standard Saturday morning cartoon, After school special fare and they do it all the time in cartoons and young adult sitcoms

Never

Sorry, for a moment I forgot what the world used to be like in the 80's and 90's but yeah Splatoon does get away with certain stuff despite having a CERO A/E rating.

Why do the octolings rivals need to be girls? Why not boys like the rivals of power puff girls were boys?

That's actually a pretty good Idea Satan

Japan would totally eat up a thing with good girl vs bad girl idoru but where the bad girls are not so bad that they aren't moe.

So much wrong

because girls are cute

But isn't DJ Octavio a man I haven't played the game so I don't know

He is, so are many of the octopus creatures you fight along the way. When anons refer to octolings, they mean humanoid looking ink creatures with the same abilities as inklings, and those supposedly don't exist in the male form for octopuses.

What about an inkling boy band?

life's tough underground

(checked)

Sounds cute, then again inkling girl band would be just as popular.

I know that much user but wasn't Octavio also an Octoling at one point?

If they make another group of squid stars, a boy band seems like a good compliment to the squid sisters.

Marie can even tease Callie about her obvious crush on the lead singer and Callie can exist the rumors are untrue

Oh yeah, he was, maybe its like the case with the gerudo of Zelda where only a chosen male appears once every so often and breeds with all of the females.

This is really starting to get cheeeeeeeeeeesy.

cheese is good for the heart

This is an idea with untapped potential.

in all seriousness though, I half expect that by the time Splatoon 2 comes out, there will probably be another Squid or maybe even Octo pop star who will help to act as part of the face of the game. Japan will also likely continue to use certain Japanese idol tropes a la Love Live & Cinderella Girls, which is obviously some of the audience Callie & Marie were designed to appeal to

Where did woomy come from? Who came up with it?

It's a sound some squids make in the game.

The Battle of '96 will be on the weekend of the 28th

We're looking at changing some times now due to octolings fucking everything up.

Would you squidos like to play on Friday night at midnight, or Saturday afternoon at 1PM EST?

I am fine with either, I can arrange my schedule around.

I did it reddit!

gbatemp.net/threads/splatoon-modding-hub.425670/

das racist

You fucking mad-man

AYYYY LMAO

Stay in school.

Can Inklings and Octarians even mate?

Can a dog and cat have babies?

humanoid cartoon cats & dogs reasonably could

I think a more reasonable question to ask would be: Can niggers and humans have babies?

We've got three in mumble. Get in here.

Aeryospray nerf when!?

t. Octovian Tentacles

Up to five now. One more for private battles.

I did not ask to fee, and yet here we are.

Neat, didn't know people had modded this. I wonder if anyone has ripped the models.

FUCK.
I don't want to wrestle gitting gud again with trying to keep my rank from tanking, and unranked is trash for practice, obviously.

Goddammit.
feel*

Fucking wild ride

Do squads and customs with us. No rank loss and you get good opponents to practice against.

Racemixing garbage, why do people endorse this? If you like octolings is fine, but racemixing?

Can't be scared of losing rank, that fear will influence how you play, if you really dropped, just treat the A's as target practice and get back to S.

Dont worry, Bellhat Man believes in you. you can do it!

There are no Saturday morning cartoons anymore. No one broadcasts them.

woomy

get a fucking job you fucking hippie faggot

i have 2

Are you that user was in slavery that wanted to make enough money to return to Poland and make his game a few months back?

No, but thanks for reminding me that someone always has it worse than you.

I mean, at least you're not Anthony Burch.

There was also another user who had a wife and child a few months ago.He was talking about going into surgery for life saving treatment with low survival odds and made a good bye tape to his daughter in case he didn't make it and said he would post if did make it I don't know if he lived or not but I hope he did

I only come to these threads for the porn. Don't even own a wiiu.

I was just thinking about that last night. I have a wii U, I'm (usually) clean-shaven, I've never made a fool of myself on twitter. Feels good.

That doesn't feel good.

It's okay, user. The rest of us only play the game to look at squidbutt.

Jesus user, can you get another person to live with you and help pay bills?

And now I'm even more sad than before.

But you're still not Anthony Burch. That's gotta cheer you up a little, right?

In a commie shithole where the cost of living is expensive which offsets any sort of minimum wage, right?

I mean, that's usually a given, but this is some bad juju. It might take a whole lot of– Oh who am I kidding, of course I cheer up when I realize I'm not Anthony Burch!

I can't get this shit to post in the right format, so have a PNG of it.

I don't know why I do this to myself, even though rank doesn't matter, those DC's still break the flow of the game making me lose motivation quickly.

I haven't played since the Transformers Splatfest and I'm scared to go back.

I was going to inkpost, but now I don't want to

This has to be the saddest splatoon thread in a long time. If any of you anons are here, just keep doing what you can and keep holding onto hope.

I know it's not much, coming from a dude who can be anywhere in the world and doesn't know you, but believe in yourselves and keep moving forward

Squid MIA
JoJo

Never was there just a miracle worker than JoJo. It was like he pulled tricks out of thin air and managed to do things that were always incredible. He made our team into true underdogs: whenever the chips were down he'd somehow manage to bring us a win. What makes it so interesting though is how we could only observe him doing so through the displays on our controllers; the other team would have us on our bellies and be reaching for the butter -then all of a sudden boom -JoJo dunked the Rainmaker and no one knew what had just happened.

come back user we all miss you and also there's all kinds of new stuff for you to try out

one of the new maps has propeller-lifts in it

Who wants to play video games with me

Come on, get in mumble. Have fun once in a while.

I'm disinclined.

Thread theme

Hey T.Iron I can play you guys tomorrow same time as I would have the day off tomorrow.

Hope my 2 megabit connection doesn't drop me out of most matches

So you mean he carried the team

That has to be the saddest feeling out there

We got five people in mumble

ONE MORE AND WE CAN PRIVATE COME ON COME ON COME ON

HAVE FUN

Hell, I have a 15 min loop of their final boss music. Why didn't Jewtendo release the OST?

You smell funny…

amazon.com/Splatune-SPLATOON/dp/B014HZSPI2

that link to amazon is not actually an endorsement of amazon, it just happened to be the first result

Nothing a couple of win streaks can't fix, even better yet, squad with someone below S and fight all those A, B and C's for easy points.

The OST is mostly non-squid sister tunes from the game. The Squid Sisters need to have enough material for their own studio album.

That's true, I need to actually play with you guys for once, it'd be so much more fun with other people.

I definitely agree with this, it also doesn't help about the rhythm game discussion that was going on earlier in the thread, it would almost be like Nintendo printing money at that point

Yeah you should, we always need more people for quads or privates, its sad that I don't get to join all the time during weekdays because of timezones.

I can only play with most of the guys during friday or saturday nights when I am available in my own timezone.

inb4 browsing Holla Forums at work

Well, luckily Nintendo of Nihon seems to recognize that the sisters' images are marketable and that new songs will likely be received well. The only reason probably they haven't tried to cash in on itunes sales of Squid Sisters music yet is probably cause the upcoming Amiibos' main selling point aside from costumes will be their new songs (vid related). I think the success of the Amiibos will probably be a big factor in determining what Nintendo does with the characters between now and the development of Splatoon 2. If they sell well, it's not hard to see NoJ maybe working a full album of new material

It would be a nice change of pace if 8 years from now, the Squid cousins/sisters are part of the Nintendo mascot team, at least in Japan where Treehouse isn't around to potentially object to anything.

Hopefully I will be able to join up with you guys this weekend finally, although if not I can always hope for the weekend after Memorial Day. Doing my moving stuff and hopefully will finally be home for a good amount of time

I find it interesting that the value of the squid sisters amiibo lies in watching them dance in the game. For some reason, I feel like its worth it to buy them for this alone.

Stay fresh~

No, he carried your mom

What in the fuck

Just to give some perspective.

On the Nintendo of America youtube channel:

On Nintendo of Japan's channel:

>2. this thing: youtube.com/watch?v=4RBG4KLnGjY; views: 196,437

The only videos on both channels that have matched or surpassed anything with the Squid Sisters in them has mostly been something Star Fox or FE: Fates related and the Twilight Princess HD trailer (which got less views than the highest rated Squid Sisters video on both channels) but even with Star Fox, on average, squid girls probably get more ratings per video put on those channels as most other videos on the channels are less than 100,000 views and most probably less 20,000 in the last three months. The only official Nintendo channel this isn't the case for is Nintendo UK. And even outside Nintendo's official channels, there's some videos focusing on the Squid Sisters or their music that have gotten as many as 700,000 to over 1 million views. While I know youtube is not always the best barometer of popularity and positive feedback, whoever designed the Squid Sisters for Nintendo definitely helped to give them a great potential waifufag milker.

incoherent squid yelling

Don't know what the secret formula is, maybe its just icing on the cake, like the game is already good to begin with and adding characters with vibrant personality and background just makes it even better.

summoning a demon?

It might be that Callie & Marie can be enjoyed without the game on the one hand, yet they also help sell the game as an immersive experience. It's fun to pretend and that's one of the main reasons people buy games in the first place.

Whats the name of the artist of this? I cant find them in boorus and so.

Gargling? Drowning? That's a pretty bizarre webm.

Loud nigra with some editing to sound like and inkling.

That is actually one of the few songs that can pull me out of a frustration spiral during splatfest. Loudly singing along to Inkantation just really fires me up.

It's also a fairly good track for when the server's on fire and you need to have it fixed an hour ago, on top of recover any data lost.

Speaking of, good night, Anons.

the final boss track is probably their most popular song.

That reminds me, time for a nostalgic yet awesome video.

That just hits way too close to home that I fell into a spiral of depression just looking at it.

Man, I'd love to see some animated shorts in the style of the 2d sections of that.

Once you get tired of struggling in S rank hell, you will appreciate those A rank matches a bit more, which you can relax a little and not strain yourself just to win.

closest we have so far

Why does that reminds me of this?

That kind of group dancing to the big drums is just a Japanese thing.

This game had some of the nicest credits i've seen.

hardcoregamer.com/2016/05/13/splatoon-playing-cards-to-be-released-in-japan/207020/

You're gonna get them, right /splat/?

Octarians are probably more like barnacles or jellyfish that alternate between sexes every generation. They just happen to look like tentacles.

In other words, every once in a while an octarian explodes of old age and out comes a bunch of octolings.

Maybe they just evolved and went to space.
With Koopa Troopas.

Someone working in the Euro/Brit wing must be monitoring this thread, because they just uploaded their own version.

They didn't even bother to fix Treehouse's typo at 18:32

based spics to the rescue

youtube.com/watch?v=hBo6WBFgHks

youtube.com/watch?v=g_qICgQOplk

They still lag the most during ranked

Also hoping these would be played during any future splatfest. But that's wishful thinking

They probably will. They wouldn't just make new tunes and not put them in the game.

unless Splat2n is announced at E3

Wasn't there a webm of only the drawn bits with some music?

they're the songs you're gonna get with the Amiibos

I just might. How expensive are… hm, doesn't say. But playing cards are usually pretty cheap.

I mean, I've got this book about card games, but no cards to play with.

Just got the game for 38 bucks. Does the game still have life in it?

did I waste my money?

You will find the single player Decently fun but quite short, the final boss makes up a lot for it, but it's still short the multiplayer is filled with japs to start cutting your teeth on, and there are some american players here and there.

As for if it still has life, you'd have to ask a fresher squid as my skills been getting pretty stale as of late

SITE'S BACK UP

What were you squids doing?

Working

About to sleep for a stressful day of work tomorrow, hopefully after this week everything will go smoothly and I can get some much needed rest.

OFF BY ONE

WOOMY SWAG

Yeah, I've heard the single player is decent, though like you said, short. Hopefully I can at least get a year out of the online play.

But yeah, if anyone can confirm the status on the online's life I'd appreciate it.

If no one answers you by tomorrow evening I'll be on to check it out, I don't doubt the unranked turf war (which is pretty fun in it's self) still isn't going on strong, but Ranked may or may not easily find matches in the lower rungs, so I can't help you there, but I'll try if all else fails

Now the real Battle begins…to get to S+ and get my 99 into check

Swing by this Friday. Alot of us will be playing by then.

Thanks user, I appreciate it.

Sadly it won't come in the mail till Saturday, but I'll definitely hop on then.

Plenty. Problem is that there aren't a lot of new players anymore, so you won't really get to play with your equals.

A likely story. We've heard that one before.

TRUPS

FUCKING HOTWHEELS REEEE

FUCKING HOTWHEELS REEEE

Fuck this place.

Beating the final boss and getting that credit sequence was such a great time. The perfect way to unwind from such a tense fight.

Pic related. Consult /smek/ for the NNID thread and add people if you want squad buddies.

I need to make another one of these infographics. It was fun.

As far as I know, the ranking ladder always fills quickly, but I haven't been lower than S in most of a year. I can squad up with you when I have the time on weekends or something.

meme game

Learn to get sweet digits Cuck boi!

Your repeating digits have been witnessed.

… There's nothing "dat boi" about a squidboy, user. Even if it had been "squidboi," there's no frog and shit.

/ink/

Ok, thanks for explaining.

Fuck off back to discord

I'm fairly new to all of this squid stuff, haven't got sucked into that cesspool yet. I'll leave you be, sorry

What?

I'm just poking around, looking at the other options, don't get worked up about it.

K

Okay, I'll start a discussion in here, too. If it livens up in here…

If you do not pick callie, you are trash.

B U I L D T H E R E E F

Assuming code tags work here..

This is the correct form. Less clutter and also safer:
if(true) { // code}

Consider an unfortunately common error is a stray semicolon which isn't detected by the compiler here and changes the meaning of the code:
if(true);{ // code}

An unsafe style is an objectively bad one.

Is that where you are from?

w-what happened to this thread?

The dankest of memes is what happened.

Our board has webms with sound.

crying about how I will never be able to hold my squid divafu's squishy body close to me.

Well, it worked.

Welcome to Holla Forums, enjoy your stay. Squid fights every friday and saturday nights EST on mumble. We are pretty chill and don't care if you are bad at the game because we are mostly (at least me) bad at it as well.

wouldn't that be considered sexist or racist or something these days?

1v1 me squiddo

I'll tell you what's sexist: being against a Alison Rapp for selling her body for sexwork while dressing up as Ness. She liked to put ketchup on the cookie if you catch my drift.

I had a nice stay, might come back here.

If I had your internet I would

Ok farewell squiddo

We know what it's like. You'll come back one day hopefully soon, and you'll enjoy what it's like here. The grass really is greener.

You just made me wonder.

What's the worst thing Treehouse could possibly get away with doing to Callie & Marie's characters in the near future?

Making them so fleek we litterally just cant even

Looks like I'll just drop by and drop the news tomorrow.

Make Callie into a feminist and make marie black.

Dont abuse dolls.

Second form, all day. Stay mad. nah I suck at programman don't do what I do

Do you guys actually play this or just shitpost in the thread and masturbate to the loli34?

Why wouldn't we play video games?

They play the game quite a lot it's just that they were fun posting after the site was down for a while

Every fucking week friendo

user, brown Marie is sexy as fuck

This artist is such a huge mariefag, every time Marie loses splatfest, she doesn't actually gets "punished"

He can't help that Marie is so great

Who cares he draws BIG FAT SQUID TATS

Forgot page 1

I'd play the game if my Wii U weren't broken

have you checked your wiiu for spider nests?

1 more for quads, anyone around?

how dare you

rude

One last bump before I head to bed. Good night squiddos

Tell me about it, yesterday had a lot of bad luck with rainmaker too (10, 20 matches, only won few of them), playerbase must have gotten better while I got worse.

No it's definitely A+ rank is filled with morons while I'm the only one trying to push with the rainmaker and providing support by protecting flanks and using Echolocators. Last match I lost but went 15 and 9, and most of that 15 was from rainmaker kills since my teammates were either fucking off, behind me, or respawning.

I can't stand rainmaker myself personally. I'm not too good at using the rain maker itself and tend to back up the rain maker with default Blaster and disruptor.

Actually, any tips on using the rain maker itself, I mean, it's fairly straightforward on its use as a slow charge inkzooka with a bit of extra kick but any smaller tips so I can carry in the chance (more often than I prefer) that I have to carry them?

Turning backwards and repeatedly shooting the RM behind you can be useful to move through enemy ink without much of a speed penalty. It's not very useful, but it can come in handy for navigating around corners or getting a final push in.

Different weapons have different damage modifiers on the shield. E-Litres and other chargers can pop it easily, whereas weak shooters have to work much harder.

If you aren't aware of the best path to the zone on each map, look up some gameplay and try to find it. Solo RM is basically about cheesing the other team as much as possible and pushing the RM counter farther and faster than they can. Triggerfish, Moray, and Hammerhead are especially open to cheese.

Stacking movement speed up is helpful, because it can heavily mitigate the RM speed penalty.

Don't get tunnel vision. There will always be somebody coming around back to flank you, even if it's an incredibly stupid idea and would not make any sense.

Adding onto this don't only find the most direct path but the path that would be most easily defended, easiest to traverse through, the one that would inconvenience the enemy the most if they get the rainmaker, etc. Problem is with Urchin Underpass there is effectively only one path. The side path up the wall that gets you to that slope where the fence is only gets you to around the 50 mark. It's the safest way to get 50 points though but from there on you have to practically go through the middle.

Thanks for the tips you Two, I usually figure I won't be able to get the knockout so I usually attempt to push as far as possible into the enemies turf and hold them off by either possessing the RM or just having it in an inconvenient spot

Hopefully I'll get to see you guys on tonight, take care

I don't masturbate to my squidfu

Yeah
Octoling sluts on the other hand

I'll be in mumble if anyone wants to squad or whatever

when I start getting a lose streak of 5+ on ranked I just take a break and play unranked for a few hours to cool off. It helps to get back into it to me, at least.

Two in mumble

Damn this thread went by super fucking quick.

Yup

Maybe i'm in the minority here, but I just don't feel comfortable sexualizing the characters in this game. There are some things that should just remain cute and innocent and not ruined by perverts and skeezoids

3 of us now.

Octolings and Marie are pure

I agree wholeheartedly, user.

Aren't you forgetting someone?

Moe is also pure

If there are too few things in my life that remain pure and worth protecting from the destructive ravages of the uncontrolled human sex drive, I have no reason to go on living. Squids just happen to be one of those things

I thought we got rid of Annie fags

She's shacking it up with Spyke

No.

We need to ink a wall, and make Inkopolis great again!

We need at least one more for customs. Get in here.

It's the reason I don't look at lewd for any character I like

Ehh. This can be a bad idea. Offence all the time will just end up giving possession to the enemy team, and if you're throwing yourself into the meat grinder then your teammates won't be able to play defence as well. The number of active players on each team is a big determining factor in how viable a push can be - if the enemy team has 2 or 3 people down, then you can be a LOT more aggressive with the RM.

Also, holding territory on the enemy's side of the map is questionable unless you have a dedicated anchor weapon or a lot of beacons. If you see your team get wiped out as you go to help them, don't an hero. Just try to slow down the enemy's push and provide a safe spot for your teammates to jump to if they want.

And don't forget to INK YOUR OWN TURF. If you're passing through mid to get to the enemy's courtyard and you see that the middle of the map is a mess of colours, take 30 seconds to spray it with your colour and control it thoroughly. The RM carrier requires other people to get anywhere safely, so inking turf solidly means they simply won't be able to do some kind of last minute breakaway bullshit or sneak around your team while you're applying pressure.

This video, although poorly edited and having shitty dictation, explains how map control works in Splatoon compared to other games. I don't know how your general game awareness is, but it's very important. Movement (and the ability to deny opponents their movement) is the single most important thing in this game.

Are we even playing the same game?

there's a difference between light sexuality and straight perversion

One more person and we have a full private game.

COME ON

If we are posting soundless webms…

Just need one more for a full custom room!
Get in here!

Anyone in mumble?

Read

C'mon squids! ONE more for private battle!

New thread