Played hearthstone a while back when it was in beta and kinda liked it but grew bored after a while...

Played hearthstone a while back when it was in beta and kinda liked it but grew bored after a while. Decided to give it a go again recently but fuck me thrice is there no way to get anywhere in this fucking game with priest now?

Priest has gotten shafted in the last expansions. Blizzard overcompensated, nerfing it into the ground while taking the formerly pathetic Shaman and making OP as hell.

Go dragon priest. Is quite potent.

But yah, if you aren't warrior, shaman, or warlock, enjoy being at a huge disadvantage.

Quands don't lie.
You forgot Paladin though. If you have money to pay for all dem legendaries.

So what the fuck do I do now? Priest is the only class I've been able to complete competetive decks with but when I follow the meta and use what's alleged to be what players at legend rank use I can't fucking get past rank 14.
What really bums me out none of the fun plays are competetive any more, fucking with your enemy through use of thoughtsteal and mid controls doesn't win games.

Ladder is boring as fuck anyway. You meet the same 5-10 decks over and over, margins are incredibly thin and all that matters for ranking up is playing a massive number of games. Even the top-ranked decks have win rates of around 55% in the long run.

Priest has gotten real shafted though. Might be more viable in Wild where you still have infinite removal and can have fatigue or Elise Starseeker as your win condition.

Hello reddit

Are you F2P? You can't expect to build a decent deck with every class unless you put money in. Look at what cards you have, check out what decks are currently in the meta, and build what you have the cards for. There are a couple of Priest decks that I know of that do well in the current meta.

Chances are at the beginning you may only have cards to build a Warlock Zoo deck or maybe Druid C'thun.

You mean pay to win.

Of course, I'm principially opposed to pay2win schemes.

Do what I do. Get a bot, run it at night until you get all the gold you can get in a day, save up and buy packs. Then when you have the cards to get a deck built, have fun with it.

paladins don't need that many legendaries tbh, only tirion is a must

Doesn't that also mean running the risk of getting your account banned?

but he's right
you COULD spend a week farming nonstop just to unlock 1 wing of an adventure
or you could pay the measly price of 20$ for a month's worth of time

Yes, but most bots come with Tripwire which detects monitoring and warns you. And so long as you don't run it 24/7, the risk of getting caught is pretty small. The only ones who get banned are those who bot on ladder or bot all day.

For the new N'Zoth Paladin to be optimal you also need Cairne, Sylvanas, the new Ragnaros, Justicar Truehart and N'zoth. Pretty pricey.

Maybe if you drink a lot of paint that could take you a month. Most people above room temperature IQ can figure out those puzzles in a day. I mainly say p2notgrind instead of p2win because some retard would try the "m-m-muh basic decks can win" shit. Its pretty obvious to sane people its p2win, but this is a hearthstone thread.

really haven't found much use in justicar tbh, other classes usually benefit from him more
i've got ragnaros but that's usually a "win more" rather than a turn around card
i agree about sylvanas though, everyone needs that
why cairne?

you do realize that the 10 gold for 3 wins thing has a 150 gold limit per day right
and you only get 1 quest per day
it's 3-4 weeks regardless of your iq

Board presence. Guess he's not crucial, but most N'zoth decks run him just for the stat value.
And since the deck is extremely reactive, having the two dudes pinging a damage here and a damage there often makes a difference in the long run.

I'm asking why would anybody pay 20 dollars for 16 matches of solitaire. That's not a months worth of entertainment.

You buy the adventures for the cards. Hardly anyone plays them more than once.

Points for honesty at least.

well it is retarded
but it's also more than that
you get an average of 50 gold per quest
and then you can still farm 150 gold from games
thats 45 games that you need to win. the quest gold is gonna get earned during those, so at least it doesn't add up
so you've got around 200 gold in 1 day of farming a lot
you need 4 days of farming to unlock 1 wing, that's roughly 168-180 games
congratulations, you've unlocked 1 wing
then depending on which adventure you want, you need to unlock 4-5 wings
so ultimately to unlock an entire adventure you need 672-900 games. usually if you're pretty autistic, that is a months worth of entertainment
the scales for this are absolutely jewish and they know it, that's how they get your shekels, nobody is autistic enough to play that much, unless they're streamers

you're usually gonna only use 2-3 cards of an adventure since you don't play every single class
warriors were more or less unplayable unless they get grim patron (although there's probably new builds since old gods came out)

but those can be in different wings of the adventure, so for example you'd have to buy entirety of BWL for blackwing corruptors unless I recall wrong, which is absolutely great

If you play casually and do daily quests every few days it adds up pretty quickly. You only run into problems if you try and play the game seriously. I haven't spent any money on Hearthstone and I managed to get all of the adventures easily as they were released.

Big expacs like WotOG fuck me over though because I was able to buy like 40 packs using gold but that's not nearly enough to unlock much. Plus standard making a lot of the cards I already had useless.

I think the whole pay2win accusations would be stronger if the best decks in the game right now weren't almost free.

aggro shaman is absolutely top notch right now, and the dust from your first packs will let you make it. mid-range shaman is in the same boat.

zoolock is the same.

Druid C'thun was also dominating last month, not sure if it's been rated lower now. You get most of the important cards free, and the others are mostly commons. You can easily make the Klaxxi Amber-Weavers. The only thing you have to get lucky about is Twin Emperor.

It's the endless cycle of life, tears, and bullshit.

well, yeah, it's just that it's still gonna take you a while to get the gold, considering that you get 1 quest per day (or more, i'm not sure how that works, but it involved not finishing quests so i don't think it counts)

eh yeah, i guess standard fixes that, since removing 1 adventure/expansion can easily fuck up the meta
i can't run secret paladins any more because no avenge and belcher
don't know how it is for other classes

and when i started playing againt it was horrible

Hearthstone in a nutshell.

Yeah you get 1 quest per day but you can hold up to 3. So the point is to not play everyday. You play once every 3 days and can finish 3 quests at one time. Great way to maximize gold earned vs time played.

Before Standard I was running 3 semi-viable decks. Midrange Hunter, Reno Pally and a variant of Zoo Warlock I played for fun that used mechs that did well enough. None of them survived Standard. I'm using Dark Councilman Zoolock and Druid C'thun currently.

that kind of kills the game for me though
who makes a game and wants the playerbase to NOT play it?

You can still play Wild, you know. Don't know if secret paladin is still viable on that format, though.

If you want to suceed on standard, you best bet is still Zoo, and the deck hasn't changed that much (Dark Peddler, Darkshire Councilman, and Possessed Villager are the only new cards you'll want to add to it, and they're all easy to get).

You still get more gold if you play everyday (since you'll be winning more games to clear up each quest, instead of winning 1 game and progressing 2 or 3 quests at once). It's very flexible, and you don't miss a lot if you can't (or just don't want) play every single day.

Any MMO ever. They want you to pay but not actually play the game so that servers cost less to keep up.

In Hearthstone's case I think it may just be a way to appeal more to the casual market, since it's on phones and tablets. Like said it's still possible to make more gold by playing everyday, it's just not quite as efficient.

eh, i prefer standard since no BOOM and kel thuzad

Paladin requires a lot of expensive cards on Standard to be effective.

You best bet would really be shaman, warlock, or hunter, maybe tempo mage (without Yogg-saron). I believe there's a budget tempo mage list where half the deck is Basic cards, and the rest is common/rares.