Bros before hoes

Is there a good way to meet other vidya players these days?

Holla Forums hubs are cancer of the highest degree, Reddit is Reddit and all communication in game is gone. Public servers are now replaced with quick matching, so you can't meet a group of people there.

Any ideas Holla Forums?

Look for videogame tournaments in your area, I guess.

Friend good players you notice, most are pretty receptive.

RL tournaments, arcades, or any kind of RL meeting is superior to anything else.

Also protip: never befriend a Holla Forumstard.
When it comes to Holla Forums only befriend people you can certify were around all the way to the pre-maddox exodus era, everyone else is literally human waste that ended up beached here because no other community wants them, they've got nothing to give you nor can they enrich your life in any way.

Well if you go to college then find some people who share intrest in vidya. Hell if they the annual trash each year just show them something different, it isn't as hard as you thinkā€¦then again last time I went to school was in 2013 and it looks like it's all going crazy.

Did the discord become cancer like I always said it would?

Baby steps anons, I've met several anons here and friended them on steam, then we play and shitpost simultaneously

try online games OP; and if you can do it join a server when its brand new

if its an mmo or something

If you're a student, try your college/uni video game group/society. They're usually shit but you might find a good one. If there's alcohol involved expect it to be much better.
If you have a job you could try your colleagues. Get a handheld and have Pokemon battles with them or something.

Holla Forumshubs are okay if you can keep an eye out for one thing

Trannies.

You'll know because they'll TELL YOU every fucking chance they get and then go off about how different they are from the normal mentally ill SJW trash(spoilers: they're not).

Every fucking time one joins a hub it becomes an instant drama meme shit sea of e-relationshits, erp, item drama, and whatever the fuck else they have to offer.

Otherwise they're alright groups most of the time, its easy to avoid the bad ones though. And never fucking play an MMO with Holla Forums. Ever.

the BDO discord? Yes, a long time ago, and only about 1/8 of the people still play

Most of the dudes I met on Holla Forums are pretty cool, I usually think it is cause the game that was played had a lot to do with it.

Maddox exodus? I don't know when that was but I was on 4chan from the days of 8 boards.

Sounds like you had experience seeing this happen

Met a few in a steam name thread, some just don't go on, and a couple hit me up daily with shitposts. It's good fun, but can go wrong really fucking fast. Remember: we ARE on the most mentally ill board on the planet, so when you put your shit out there, hope for the best but expect the worst.

A couple, granted two were MMO groups so I suppose I should have expected it. Ragnarok online and WoW.

Do they even exist any more? I'm more Holla Forums and Holla Forums

reminded me of pic

Does who exist anymore? Steam name threads on 8/v/? Every once in a while.

lan parties?

And I don't mean those competitive esport shittypes. Find those that have something between 100 and 200 gamers, have some prices but not too much, and if possible, the list of compos should not have cs:go, heartstone, league or dota. Those games generally attract anti-fun folks. Only go there is you want to be esport cancer.

Local tournies and game events. And check your local comic book stores(The one in my area also does video games so they have gaming events on occasion) or mom&pop shops. Those are the places I've had the most luck with.

Basically all I've done these days is bring a tube and retro games over to social gatherings I'm invited to.

Once had a non Konami Code run on Contra with some dude at some house party. We were doing pretty good up until the Energy Zone. After that, I put on Melee and let folks go at it.

Last time one of these threads turned into attention whoring and namefags. Just don't, meet real people.