ITT: Things in vidya levels that make you want to see more of the world

ITT: Things in vidya levels that make you want to see more of the world

Something about the idea of these knights effectively doing a medeival version of the "game over man, game over" scene from aliens but with lovecraft horrors is such a striking idea i just wish we had a second expansion based around it or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wxaw6CqVMss
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That knight in that pose is a reference to this illustration from DeS.

And talking about DeS, yes, Gascoine did say Umbasa when he killed you, he said that in the beta, it was then cut because Miya didn't want people speculating too much over what was a simple nudge towards DeS, he realized it was too much on the nose and would've planted too much confusion into the fanbase.

BB is full of DeS stuff because Miya considers it the spiritual successor mechanically, the next step in evolution from DeS, where DaS has always been the "what if" scenario.

I get the cut of Umbasa, but then they stilled called him 'father gascgione' and said he picked up the name from a foreign land.

I mean i get why, even considering amygdala and so on things like old dragon god are so beyond the pale powerscale wise, but damn if i dont want to see knights fighting lovecraft horrors someday.

When I saw the title I thought you meant "games that make you want to go on holiday somewhere".

Where you go in the world today that would be like bloodborne?

Yeah me too, a game that makes you want to travel and see the world more.

I think that's actually a much better subject. Tropical games like Just Cause 2 or Far Crys/Crysis always get my travelbone itching, but then I remember the constant monsoons and the fucking bugs. I can stand the couple of bees and mosquitoes here in the north since it's only couple of months a year, but I can't fucking stand the creepy crawlies in the shitboon countries 24/7 365.

They say some members of the Bloodborne team took a trip to the same town that inspired Bram Stoker's Dracula to study the architecture.

Confederates pls go.

So is this just a thinly veiled Bloodborne lore thread then

No cainhurst is just a top tier vidya location.

Fucking look at this shit.

But every time you visit you are reminded castlevania is fucking dead.

I never even went there myself.

Did you catch the Castlevania easter egg, by the way? There's a plate in the second room with Dracula's Castle on it.

You know how every Castlevania game has some sort of clocktower area? And there's always random towers dotting the background? I always want to explore those random background towers. As I run around the explorable parts, I wonder what weird stuff might be sitting in those forgotten, untouched towers. They call to me.

In fact, I just have a general interest in mysterious presumably abandoned buildings in lonely spooky places. I'd totally want to live in a place like that.

WHAT

You mean you never found out the Bloodborne version of Solaire is literally Pyramid Head?

I did not. I just loaned the game and PS4 from a friend and ran through it as quickly as possible.

On topic, couldn't think of the name of the town earlier. It was Sighisoara, Romania.

In the woods from Cathedral ward to the burgenwerth theres a side path into a poison cave where bodies are being dumped. Taking a massive ladder up you come up in a graveyard in Central Yharnam and you run into one of the cthulu style brain suckers and enter a new building gaining one insight: Iosefkas Clinic.
Inside any people you sent have been turned into those blue AAYYYs called celestial emissaries and Iosefka was replaced by a doppelganger from 'The Choir'. The babystealers of the church -remember all the empty cribs in Cathedral ward?
You can progress to fight her for a secret ending item, but if you head the other way you go back to the room you started in and on the bed you woke from is a letter addreses to you, inviting you to forsaken castle cainhurst.

Then you go down to the ornate pillar in the middle of the road at Hemwick, Charnel lane and a rotten old carriage lead by two beast plague afflicked horses take you over the lake where the bridge had collapsed into the water.

When you get out its freezing winter, the bridge behind you to Hemwick is still gone and the horses are both long dead and half buried in snow.

In the castle you find the males have turned into gargoyles on the roofs and the women have turned into huge leech creatures with destended wombs full of blood they collect to give to the queen to try and impregnate her with "the child of blood". The servants still madly clean because literal Ghosts stalk the halls and any disturbance sends them into a mad frenzy and there are a lot of them.

On the top roof you find Master Logarius who has become undead and is the false king allante tier fight where things go devil may cry. He drops a crown which, if you put it on reveals even more of the castle hidden by an illusion. Inside you find one of the last two royals -the other being the hooker in cathedral ward- Annalise the Queen of the Vilebloods. Joining her unlocks the pvp covenant, and there is also an invite for Alfred to come too.
Should you give it to him the next time you arrive he is mad, laughing and in his pyramid head outfit covered in blood, the queen is a pulp of red matter on the throne since she is immortal she cant die, shes just pulped forever.

BUT -in the final act you get a key to go back to the healing church workshop to unlock the door at the top for a new zone called Upper Cathedral Ward where they took the children and it goes full horror here and you run into The Celestial Emissary bosses and if you break a window Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos. Upon defeating her you find a statue of Rom. Take the queens 'matter' and present it to the statue to reverse time and restore her.

This completes the cainhurst, executioner and choir sub plots

AND ITS ALL SECRET AND FUCKING OPTIONAL

everyone sucks miyaaki's dick even though the series existed before him

as for a better example, half life and op4/blue shift. You get to see more parts of the world from the expansions, black mesa is pretty cool to explore. I wish they did the same thing for city 17(ep1 is not enough)

Hot girls

This salt is never going to end is it?

I hate boner droners.

Don't you mean it's never ever going to end?

I dont give a shit about Souls game number 4.
EDF 4.1 and Yakuza 6 are the only exclusives I give a fuck about.
Still not worth getting an 8th Gen console for.

I feel that way whenever I see spooky looming mountains in the background of games like Castlevania, like if shit is this fucked up in this relatively civilized castle, what the fuck is out there in that wilderness?

I don't know what it is but the comfiest "oh this place is neat" feeling I remember was going into Howling Fjord in WoW for the first time, taking a ship through high cliffs and suddenly a giant ass ship is suspended above you and on fire, then there's snow and mountains and timber and aurora borealis and vampiric giant vikingsā€¦ just made you want to explore everywhere.

I sorta got that feeling again with the first few hours of Skyrim but everything-is-draugr killed that fast.

Maybe it's because both those came out in winter.
Cainhurst is also awesome.

tfw dislike most modern western games but bought Uncharted 4 because it's a guilty pleasure. It's the only western game I own for the system

If it's any comfort, I bought it used. It's the only kind of game like this I like, despite being a movie.

Why are people pushing goonspeak here so much lately?

You could have borrowed it or pirate it
Fuck, Ill even spoonfeed you the crack.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wxaw6CqVMss

I have no idea what vocabulary SA uses.
I just saw some posts with it and thought it was a nice way easy eay to describe agenda pushing bullshit.

Dude as I said, the games are a guilty pleasure of mine. I'd rather play than watch it and I'd like to own a copy of it for eventual replays. It's not the end of the world to like something shitty every now and then.

The term we use is 'cancerous' it always has been.
Pozzed is goonspeak for 'this shit is aids' and comes from california trust fund babby speak.

10/10

Sure, at least you bought it used and didnt directly support this cancer.
It still godawful and boring, rather binge 360 movies than play this crap, cant understand why would someone aside from trendy casuals who think vidya should be like cinema would enjoy
Oh well.

Did not know it was goonspeak, Ill refrain from using the term and callout anyone else who uses it.
Thanks for the warning, its likely cunts drawn from the Boston Salt Party Act 2.

Still, cancerous is broad, a specific term for this kind of shit should exist.

Thats the thing about cancer, theres lots of different kinds of it.