twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

news at 11

The salt will be overwhelming.

MAKE SPACE GREAT AGAIN

I'll get the game if they add tau.

Necrons > Tau

But the Tau have shit ships?

Scourge and purge!

Imperial Ships have much longer range than Tau ships if I recall correctly.

Aside from their FTL being on the slow side, they're more than capable of holding their own in a realspace fight.

Only stuff like Nova Cannons which is Dark Age tech, and as we all know DAoT humanity absolutely shits on everyone when it comes to firepower. Like fucking seriously, a lightspeed blackhole cannon and remote temporal displacement are only the tip of the iceberg.

Weeaboos ruin everything

Tau are chinks.

A lot of it came back to me As well as I found some screencaps, I'll have a look and see if I can link some PDF's and no, the Imperium ships, especially larger ships have much longer range with lances and plasma cannons.

If I recall the only interesting thing about the Tau is that they have guided torps and some really decent fliers. Other than that they have to get relatively close and are quite squishy, squishier than the Eldar I'd actually say. They are not as long ranged as everyone seems to think I don't know why, must be they think that cause their Ground is long ranged their Space is the same and I remember them being very crap on TT in Space.

Of course this doesn't actually matter cause it all depends what the devs decide to put in

Chaos Dark Mechanicus master race

Fuck xeno chinks.
There will never be faction solely based on Skitarii/Adeptus Mechanicus/Dark Mechanicus. It makes me sad.

Why are you being so obnoxious and retarded about spoilertags?

Fuck♂You!

From now on I am posting in nothing but spoilers :^)

I don't know exactly why I am doing them.
I kinda wanted to change topic, so I used spoilers instead of () to emphasize it.

Now give me proper faction of out of Dark Mechanicus.

That battleship is pretty slick looking.
Still, I would have preferred Necrons

Is there any form of slavery in 40K?
In Stellaris, there is a form of government that calls your ruler as God Emperor, however, this form of government also gives you 50(100)% slavery acceptance, meaning I can freely decide to slave my pops or not and they don't give a fuck.
I was calling myself Israel , but then I noticed that the title of the ruler is God Emperor, so I wanted to ask if it would make sense to rename my empire from Israel to Empire of Man (Like my fanatic xenophobe totalitarian custom race is)

Since I don't read these spoilered posts I'm just gonna assume you're doing it because you're cuckchanners/redditors then.

You must be new here?

yes

Do these pics answer your question?

Pretty much entire Empire of Man is slavery. I won't explain why, here is vid explaining living conditions in Empire, enjoy.

:^)

What are the chances of space hulk having sisters of battle characters?

Only if they are there to get brutally raped and murdered

You mean the Genestealers right?

zilch
you don't send SoBs onto space hulks unless you're trying to get them killed

what do you send them for?

I see humans enslaving orcs and orcs enslaving humans, so no, it does not answer if orcs enslave orcs or humans enslave humans

this answered, thanks

All of those are humans. Augmented humans look off, though.

Also, slavery of xenos would be seen as extremely unsavory. They're supposed to be dead, or in very rare cases, contract workers. If they aren't needed enough to be paid, they'll just kill them.

well shit, I can't call my empire Empire of Man because only 20%~ are enslaved. My expectations couldn't be further than reality

What are paradise worlds?

Tell me about 40k. Why does it attract the most cancerous autism?

isnt the second pic about the "Im So Sorry" parade?

A lot of dubs for a hired Kroot!

Liege lord Matt Ward, please go

A place you will never be able to get to as regular imperial citizen.

It is worthy to mention slavery and argumentation works in pair with prison system.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Servitor

To be fair the Sisters of Battle are the galaxy's whipping girl in lore, usually getting their asses spanked hard.

Nah, in lore they're somewhere between a guardsman and a Space Marine in terms of combat prowess. They just end up dying often because they're even more gung ho than space marines, and usually preffer dying in a heroic charge to retreating

They might flesh out the other factions with the increased focus on video games. There should be less incentive to just focus on the big sellers now, since the sales model is different. Not to say that they will, you would probably need the writers and suits on board first, and that will likely result in Matt Ward writing a video game plot at some point.

Spess muhreens>Bolter bitches>Necrons>Orks>Gayniggers in space>BDSM fetishists>Tau

Depends. In Imperium, serious criminal offenses will put a person in a eternal slavery as the criminals gets to sent into a world that specializes in producing servitors.

In the most recent clusterfuck of books that is Beast Arises, Orks enslave humans.

Tau most certainly uses slaves.

Not really. Criminals serve their years as laborers, if they fucked up they recieve shitty augmentation to do hard labor(yes they basically dead/broken after that). Only capital offenders receive capital punishment. Regular thugs/thieves/murderers can even end up working for inquisition if they have a skills for it.
Everyone is a slave basically.

I bet it will be the slave tau and not Farsight enclaves.

Orkz don't enslave and don't get enslaved they are meme magic using cockney british mushroom people

Don't forget some criminals would be sent to the Penal Legions as meatshields for other Imperial Guard Regiments or Infiltration Regiment behind enemy lines.

good example would be 13th Penal Legion or the Last Chancers.

They do have slaves though.

Another thing to consider is how varied each of the governments in the populated worlds in the Imperium are. Some are despotic shitholes where everything is the death penalty, some are over-lenient shitholes where crime lords rule, some are so feral that the only rule is to survive, and the rest are somewhere in the middle of that clusterfuck. As long as dat tithe comes through and ratio of hersey is kept to a minimum the Imperium doesn't give a shit what you do with your criminals

Grots don't count.

Basically punishment in a shithole not much worse than average live in that shithole.

At least you get to keep your legs when living your average life

I live in Russia.

One of the neat things about 40K is that the most advanced worlds the Emperor found were the most primitive ones when life wasn't shit. They were the ones who threw psyker babies off cliffs and avoided plugging their AI into superweapons.

A lot of people seem confused as to why the Imperium can't go forward. It's because the dominant worlds at its formation were the equivalent of some inbred Appalachian towns that weren't worth nuking in WW3. These people saw all the advanced faggots get raped by daemonic forces from a dimension of pure suffering. In 40K, progress IS damnation. The love of new things and fancy new toys and accepting people who are different literally killed hundreds of billions of people. This is a setting where every sanctioned tech-priest has a "break in case of threat to humanity" case next to them when they so much as plug something into a new outlet. Not because they are crazy though. The crazy people are the ones who aren't afraid that flipping a new light switch will blow up the entire city block.

That is why it's my favorite setting. Because when you think about it, 40K has the most rock solid reason for humanity not recovering from the apocalypse in a short time.

It is going forward. But not as whole. Its like saying that earth is primitive, just look at niggers! Advancements happen but you cant spread them over thousands of worlds.

Only 4% of population related to war activities. Imperium is fucked but as much as you can expect from fucked up galaxy. It seems grim but only because main focus of whole franchise is war.

bump

but user

Tech Preists ARE crazy

These sounds like the beliefs of a certain chaos god……

/tg/ rogue trader says that non-goff orks will enslave humans, and they are even given space to advance in a semi meritocratic society.
Some orks, mostly bloodaxes will work and trade with humans, hiring and being hired as mercs.
Orks do however fuck the ecosystem so good luck having a sustained slave population

Orks would not be enslaved by any SANE emperor because the reproductive cycle and, unruly nature of orks.
At least on a wide scale, unless they se chaos magic it's not feasible and will backfire, even then it's more likely to end with your soul being sucked out of your ass.
Also
Imperuim suffers not the xeno taint.
And goffs being the major clan nowadays, the sentiment is generally shoot dah unorky, in general.

No you zogging idiot, dey's ummies

40k is dead. If it was a japanese franchise it'd be on pachinko machines,

40K will live in our hearts and minds

1d4chan.org/wiki/Adeptus_Mechanicus#Why_Everything_is_so_Grimdark

its more like a /tg/ wiki

Who needs ships when you have gundams

What's your problem with 1d4chan?

maybe at one point it was
its still cuckchan based and all the inherent changes happened with it

like people trying to get the rape article removed

There are basically four classes of citizens of the empire.
The super ultra rich that live in FUCKING PALACES MADE OUT OF FUCKING GOLD on top of HUGE FUCKING SKY SCRAPERS ON TOP OF HUGE FUCKING SKY SCRAPERS that can basically do ANYTHING and get away with it (as long as you follow the empirical creed just to show the inquisition that you give a flying fuck).
Then there is the military.
Then there is the criminals.
And then there is the slaves that live out their days in absolute misery. Read: Soviet russia on steroids. I'm not even kidding. The kind of abject poverty will make the lowliest of communist worker look like a fucking upper class land owner in comparisson.
The slaves are little more than human garbage that are so numerous that they are instantly replacable if they should die, and the only thing that makes them keep on going is the absolute and unending propaganda. They are not even motivated by fear or a higher calling, they are bred from birth to be mindless fucking drones. If you would ask one of them what they dream of at night they would shrug and say that another slice of bread on top of the slice of bread they get paid weekly would be pretty nice.
The abject horror these slaves suffer on a daily basis is basically uncomprehensible to us in a civilized world. They live from day to day doing the same thing their parents did, and their parents, and their parents, and the same thing that their children, and childrens children, and so fort ad immortium. As a slave you are dirt, you are less than dirt, you are a single atom of a single nail of a single nailed piece of wood that makes the shovel that picks off shit off the streets of the slums where they spend every waking moment of their short and meaningless lives.

we are working on it
do you HAVE any idea what those faggots did to the furry page?
This line was here before we descended upon it:
They also removed /tg/ being a dedicated anti furry board in origin.
still solid for denser neckbeard stuff.

Should we purge the faggot and the heretic from the wiki?

Why is there so little talk about Battlefleet Gothic anyway?

It looks alright. I guess it's largely for MP fags?

Forget I said anything, after reading the thread I see it's full of meaningless faggotry.

we've been trying, think forgefather went nuts but if you anons want to go for it, go for it.
We got a thread of it on /tg/ about if it you want to organize.

Why don't they just join the Imperial guard and have some fun?

At least if you die you die standing.

While GW loves to push the grimdark, statistically speaking across the Imperium's million planets the life on the average person is a bland, mediocre existence on either a civilized world or the mid-tiers of a hive world ruled by a government not tyranical enough to be noteworthy but also not nice enough to get reamed by the cock of grimdark, in relative enough peace that your PDF is shit (because lets face it, 99% of stories start with a planet's PDF getting mopped up, its only the constantly attacked worlds in which they become noteworthy).

You can, whenever the Imperium tithe collectors roll around. Thing is that many worlds are so out in the boonies that tithe collection time only comes around once every century or so

After years of being bleeded dry by GeeDubs, fucked over by non existent codexes and basically banned from my usual group of players due to the fact that I had started to extensively mod and outright make from scratch my own Sisters model to replace damaged models and the owner of the meeting place just went buddy buddy with the local GeeDubs fags, I too developed a weird relationship with my main army.

8/tg/ or cuck/tg/?

Don't some Imperial worlds have a much higher average standard of living than even modern Scandinavia/New England?

People here only talk about the game before release and 2 days after, then its sporadic.
Games great, but the devs need to fucking fix it.

If by technology (Don't forget, despite the years of technological apathy and gothic architecture, this is still the future) than yes. If by governmental choice, than also yes for maybe a couple centuries before the increased human freedoms inevitably result in attracting chaos/causing rebellion that fucks the tithe/rebelling against the Imperium/whatever.

8/tg/, it's a bit buried at the moment

So their crazy ho's then?

They'd probably be much less effective if they weren't batshit crazy, what with their faith-based abilities and everything

tfw no sisters of battle yuri vn

I can't listen to that guys voice, it's poison to the ears.

How much you want to bet the Blood Ravens will show up with the titan Invictus, graciously "gifted" to them following their assistance in safeguarding Graia?

Orkz DO take human slaves. They do grunt work and serve as impromptu snacks, much like grots. Only, unlike grots, they never get the chance to do any fightan' or winnin'.

That's the skewed perspective you get when you focus on what's in the war based codexes. Only a small minority of planets are anywhere near that bad- most worlds are middling tier with good things and bad things. For that matter, most of the Imperium goes decades, centuries, or even millenia without suffering any sort of attack, raid, incursion, or cult. It's half the reason why the PDF is so shit the other half is that any member of worth is mustered out to the Guard.

On top of that, most Guard Regiments spend months out of combat zones just in transport. In other cases, they spend time on leave (yes, the Administratum is willing to give guard units time to rest and recuperate) or years on garrison duty after securing a war. Try reading anything written by Dan Abnett or the Ciaphas Cain series to get a more balanced perspective on how the Imperium operates.

Why did they never add the Tau to DoW2?

But they did :^)

I dont get something about the DoW3 announcement.
Relic PR guy said they have the biggest units they have ever created in the game and the journo implies he is talking about the Imperial Knights.
Is he just blatantly lying?
Greater Demons in DoW were a thing.

You know what I want.

The setting is too far from the Tau Empire to justify having them show up. It's probably the biggest drawback if you're a fan of the faction- they can't use the warp and they have a fairly small empire AND they're a young race.

If I recall correctly, demons are smaller than Titans and in a different weight class altogether. They're more comparable to Baneblades or Land Raiders (which can be used to hunt Titans, especially the Shadowsword model Baneblade).

Imperial Knights arent Titans dumbo

DoW III isn't going to have titans? Then why'd the Ravens go to Graia at all?

Space Marine isnt even Relic canon user

It was a distraction so another magpie group could steal Imperial Knights from a couple of agri worlds.

Since when? I know there were two more games that were planned but never happened. Even so, Titus is one of the best Ultramarines in the fluff and deserves to stick around.

So no titans, just Imperial Knights? I swear I saw Warhounds in the trailer.

They are like guardsmen. Just with power armor. But without the numbers.

If I'd have to compare them to anything, ti would be stormtroopers - and that only by the virtue of the power armor.

The guards die in the millions. You expect the SoB to do better, when they are just normal women? Not to mention, the religious fanaticism kinda impairs their judgment.

Honestly, if I had to choose between a squad of stormtroopers or a squad of sorroritas, I'd take the stormtroopers

Aren't they more like 0,5 Marines, 0,5 IG? They have higher numbers than Marines, and lightweight versions of powersuits. So they exist in between. In Dow1 they took that quite literally, if you capped the pop cap research, it also boosted their reinforcing speed into ridiculous level (one sister in a squad per 1 second).

Like if the player playing Sisters had enough captured points to have resources for it, you could not kill any of the squads no matter how hard you tried, they simply reinforced way too fast. Which is why so many players rushed Sisters early on since that was when they were weakest.

That explains why I can't beat the AI as Imperial Guard. Guard have fuck all early game and the Command Squad is the weakest hero by a large margin.

Why they coupled Guard with Sisters instead of Chaos or Orkz or something I have no fucking idea.

Its literally a parallel universe, search it up.
Where? No such thing in the trailer

Have you tried Grenade Launcher spam?

They are still women (therfore inferior in combat).
Their weapons are scaled-down version of SM stuff with reduced firepower.

StormTroopers can have pretty nifty equipment - especially from some rich and advanced worlds, where they might even have power armor and and are far more rational in battle.
Especially Inquisitorial Stormtroopers. They are enhanced and brainwashed.

Terminators are what you send in space hulks… IF you need to send anything and don't just blast it with maximum firepower when they show up, since at BEST they're infested with Orcs.

Terminators are literal one man army that punch tanks and shrug off anti-vehicle weaponry. It's rare for any chapter to have more than 60 (IIRC) of those guys (out of a 1000 Space Marine… and there is a marine for 100 000 guardsmen, and 10 000 000 soldiers or something).

SoB are essentially the same as Imperial Stormtroopers.

Except they use less OMFGDELTA§§§ tactics and more snackbar savoir-faire.

And that Stormtroopers can call upon the full mechanized might of the IG, while the SoB don't actually depends of the Adeptus Terra, meaning that except whne defending shrine worlds or intense lobbying from the Ecclesiarchy nobody gives them the time of day.

Pretty much. With good guns and armors as a default setting…

If you go by the RPGs Stormtrooper armor is only 1 point of armor from SoB power armor (2 for the chest).
And you get a whole bunch of bonuses and a helmet with it while the SoB power armor only boost strength (not even as a direct stat IIRC, just allows to carry itself and heavier weapons).

Hotshot lasguns are arguably better than scale downed bolters, (less damage but more ammo, more penetration than regular bolter ammo and more shots per bursts).

So yeah their gear is nice but high end unit of the IG also get nice stuff.

Seems they are always destined to get fucked over.

To be fair, the Sisters do have faith based advantages, since this IS 40K we're talking about. They're also going to be MUCH better in a melee than Guard are with some notable exceptions like Ogryn.

Yeah they do better in melee, most of their special weapons are melee oriented too (meltas/flammers, IIRC only priests carry plasma) but they don't do better enough, they don't have THAT much armor or that much strength to justify it. Any Nob/Khorne berserker/bloodletter/Tyrannid warrior is just gonna plow through them anyway.

While the guard can always offset that with a bunch of vehicles and a bunch of special weapons to at least get a fighting chance.

Don't Tau chemically castrate you if you're a POW?

I'm pretty sure that's a rumour spread by the Imperium so people will be less likely to submit to the Tau.

So they get the same toys with less power than SM and an average SoB is as good as one IG elite trooper. So yeah, they exist precisely inbetween the two armies.

Sisters also have other powerful non-militant orders that specialise in medicine, scholarly research, diplomacy, conversion and many other fields, which makes them useful in other situations than straight up warfare. Just as militant orders have to be educated to a high standard in addition to their combat training, the non-militants also have to be fairly competant combatants in their own right.

They're specialists designed to do certain things really well and support other Imperial forces, both in terms of their skills and their general morale boosting abilities. The RPGs and some of the novels put them in a good light, but GW Prime ignores them because they're not Space Marines.

Personally, I think the Sisters should have been units deployed with the Imperial Guard instead of an army of their own. They're not strong enough to stand on their own, being less shooty than the Guard while being more fragile than Space Marines, but they could provide a valuable niche for a Guard unit facing a choppy foe.

Of course, half the reason the Imperium is suffering so much is because all of the factions are prone to infighting. If they were truly unified, the Imperium could sweep the galaxy clean of all foes. Except for Da Orkz, of course.

Only thanks to their toys.
There are a few stormtrooper squads that get good toys and they blow SoB's out of the water.

Although they are certainly better than your average guardsman (which isn't saying much, given that many only get basic training.)

The other side of that coin is that if the Imperium was unified another Horus or Vandire could wreck everything again really easily. The ideal of the Imperium is that each faction supports all the other ones because they can't go it alone, but it leads to factional infighting because they're still petty, stupid humans at heart (or equivalent organ). Keeping everyone at each others throats is really bad for efficiency, but also allows parts that get corrupted to be compartmentalised and dealt with before it endangers the whole. Much like the rest of the Imperium its another survival strategy based on a pretty good response to a crisis that's biting them in the ass now, but its too late to do anything to change things.

Again though, GW makes toys. They at least try to give new toys good rules (although the designers are so shit at their job that doesn't always happen). Sisters haven't had anything new since Codex Witch Hunters, and not only was that thirteen years ago now, the bulk of the range is still from the first release in the 90s!

Its all ultimately made up by fans and a company that doesn't know what its doing at the best of times, just roll with whatever you feel is best.

And the elite SoB's blow the stormtroopers out of the water. Still, in between. SoB's cant be as badass as Space Marines and take out entire armies with a squad or two, and they dont have the numbers to simply drown the enemy either. So their niche is being the Space Marine 0.5, with added Faith-based Psyker skills that bring stuff like undying angels to the field or make their guns shoot Emperor's fury, quite literally. That makes them more of a specialist army than all-round frontline-fodder.

Might not be very efficient attacking against Tau or Necrons, but have them defend a tomb of a saint against Chaos and suddenly they get superpowers that just sweep the floor with enemies, like how the Sabbat crusades showed.

Yes and no. T'au breeding is made with utmost efficiency communist style, mate are chosen by the state depending the needs, etc… Think chinese "one child policy" taken to the extreme.
So most people concluded that they're doing something to traitors humans to avoid a boom of human population.
Could be just spreading feminism, anime and video games…

They're nowhere in between Stormtroopers and Space Marine, they're at the level of the Stormtroopers if not below because, stormtroopers get all the toys of the IG (and inquisitorial stormtroopers can have power armor too, Inquisitors can have even Terminator power armor for humans and force fields and all sort of bullshit gearing them up as well as a chapter master).

The only real advantage of the sisters is that they can fight in melee (but not that well compared to the various melee monsters of 40k), while the Stormtroopers plainly sucks at it.

"Stormtroopers" in W40k is divided in three branches,
-"Ordo Tempestus" the big one that are a full fledged faction which is essentially the special forces of the Imperium and their own regiments are the "Tempestus Scion".
-"grenadiers" ie stormtroopers specific to a regiment (Kasrkin).
-"Inquisitorial Stromtroopers" which are the backbone of the security forces for the Inquisition.

On top of that, if a Guard player desperately needs melee muscle for some reason, he can always add some Ogryn to his army. Sisters will get pummeled into pace fighting them in a straight melee. They honestly make the most sense as auxiliaries as opposed to a separate army though that may be the result of not getting a new army list in a decade.

Of course, the root cause of the Horus Heresy was the Emperor's phenomenal arrogance and callousness. All he had to do was spend some time with his kids and let them know the truth and it would have been avoided. Lorgar wouldn't have gone chaos, the whole Magnus incident would never have happened, Angron would have either been euthanized or had the nails removed, and Perturbo might have gotten to finally used his legion for something other than sieges.

I fucking ==HATE== the new Stormtooper re-deisgn. It's shit.

Why are they trying to hard to merge WH and WH40K?

I don't mind them, but Cadia's Kasrkin or the Death Korps Grenadiers are better looking.

Right on. They look great.
I love both.
Especially the Death Korps. They are a fun, happy bunch.

I hate it too.
Its more that the good artists and sculptors left GW ages ago, and the people they have now (a) aren't very good
(b) are working with CAD rather than traditional methods, making problems from (a) worse
(c) have been told by GW to put in as much fiddly crap as possible to deter resin recasters and to give the impression that they're still the best mini company in the world.

Its nothing to do with merging Fantasy and 40k, if only because they blew up the Old World, salted the ashes and told the remaining fans to piss off. GW is a monumentally terrible company that survives on inertia from when it was slightly less terrible more than anything else.

I don't think GW is as bad as all that. I just think that they're old, crotchety, and absolutely immune to criticism. Nothing penetrates their offices so they do what they do, all the time, and damn the consequences.

Now, five or six years ago, sure, I would have said that's a bad thing. But all you have to do is look at how Wizards is raping D&D to appease the progressive deathmarch to realize that, maybe, being out of touch isn't always so bad.

I'm not saying they don't take monumental shits on their playerbase almost constantly, though.

*they do what they want

One of the problems, hell probably the overwhelming issue is/was, Tom Kirby is a massive cunt.

For those who don't know who he is, he is one the founders of GW and is practically responsible for the utter fuckery that's been hapenning for the last decade or so.

He's not even one of the founders, he joined in 1986 and led the management buyout in the early 90s.

Shit, I thought he was. Point still stands though.

I'm not really disagreeing with your main point, the man's probably doomed them in the long term with his terrible policies, just pointing out he wasn't even involved with the gamey stuff at all and led the takeover by suits. It's quite clear from some of his comments down the years he has a fair amount of contempt for the player base, and that mindset infects everything else.

Why do people like this often end up in control? Can't everyone see that they're not good for the community. The typeset is so obvious.

It doesn't matter if they're bad for the community, they're good at politicking and backstabbing.

It's not that bad, it's just that the new one is the Ryza pattern armor, while Kasrkin and others have Cadian Pattern armor (and I think those with the 80's looking gasmask were call Lucius pattern).

With 30k we might see models with Solar Pattern armor.

Then you add that you can have grenadiers, meaning that you can pretty much call all the troopers with visible full armor and integral helmets with respirators and cie storm troopers, (Vostroyans, Death Korps…).

That makes plenty of different models to chose from if you don't like the last ones. It's dubious they will ever scrap the entire cadian line…

you are worse than undertale fags

(If you as me the new one inspiration is a mix Spanish conquistadors with Jin-Roh masks).

Ebin, friend.

Undertale is a pretty good game, friend, no shame in being worse.

Why the sage, though?

Just saying, the new stormtroopers look very retro, more like a WH fantasy infantry then the glorious defender of humanity with balls of pure steel.