Dark Souls 3 General

Broken Game edition.

Anyone actually playing right now or are we all waiting for this nonsense to be fixed?

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNHEH4qgtiZz6xj5PVx0SoI8QfDha9lxkkjGWGOASmQ/edit#gid=0
trogg.net/DS3Calc/
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/19568
youtube.com/watch?v=5SJcEyyS5l8&feature=youtu.be&list=PLYZhYRHkOZobqi_6ozqPZSzUSU9sVoP2f
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Scholar's Candlestick
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Cleric's Candlestick
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4jdwy6/dark_souls_3_poise_mechanics_im_pretty_damn_sure/
steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119111456394/
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/20818
youtube.com/watch?v=MlY8Gh6OfP0
steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286663669892435/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3

Parry Table
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNHEH4qgtiZz6xj5PVx0SoI8QfDha9lxkkjGWGOASmQ/edit#gid=0

Previous AR Calculator
trogg.net/DS3Calc/

You faggots are the cancer of this game

Who said that? The issue at the moment is the constant freezing the latest patch introduced which has rendered the game effectively unplayable, online or offline.

oh…sorry for sperging then. my pirate copy has no problems so far

Is that poster banned now?

You faggots are the cancer of this game.

Are they fucking with me right now? Is this one of those things where they expected everybody to have a certain build and didn't think about faith or something? Why are the camera angles so fucking horrible with King of Storms? Why can the drake not fuck off and stop obscuring my damn camera?

It was maybe 4 hours ago I was having fun helping people with the dancer and twin princes and not even getting hit and I cannot fucking stop getting hit by Nameless King because he just won't stop attacking and I cannot stack enough stamina regen. Are you just plain meant to have hit the stamina cap by now?

They actually just removed that patch until they can sort shit out properly.

There's your problem. Respec but keep some faith for utility spells like deep protection and shit.

But I like my faith build.

Well too bad, it's extremely weak and is a shitload of wasted points.

I just need him to give me a break with his barrage of attacks so I can recover stamina. But he just keeps attacking and attacking and all the stamina I recover immediately goes to dodging some more.

Why won't he stop?

I'm doing my second playthrough right now and I can say for certain that the PVE is not as replayable to me was it was in DaS1.

Because optional endgame bosses aren't supposed to be forgiving. If you really can't find an opening and have a ton of faith, use a heal over time miracle or some shit.

(Checked)
Alright OP, Listen up.
I went a Dex / Fth build, and restricted myself with only longranged weapons.
Storm King phase, get yourself a Lucerne. You can find it near the dancer boss room, where on of the knights patrol. Get it to LGHT +10
Then get yourself a Lothric Knight spear to +10 and use that in Nameless phase.
Adjust your hp / estus' level so that one chug tops you off. Don't worry, nameless does % dmg instead of flat and armor is shit in this game anyway.
As for Miracles, Lightning weapon and Tears of Denial are the only ones I saw fit to use.

wait, you're not op.
Shied, scratch that.

Gonna have to ask for proof of this.

My only source is that, embered up, RoFP and Chapion ring, once he hit me, it took 2 estus chugs to top me off.
Once I adjusted things, only one estus was needed to top me off, and it didn't go beyond critical.

Still waiting for it to be fixed. Which, knowing From, means waiting for a GOTY edition which fixes all the old bugs but introduces new ones and splits the player base.

Then again to counter my own argument, he was one shotting Lobos in his SL 1 run, os I think you have to pass a certain threshold to be able to tank 2 hits.

I got well under 30fps on my gt545. Guess I'll just pirate the GOTY edition when I upgrade my computer.

Fucking newfags dont know that mobs can hear you.
Fucking newfags.

I guess it's back to getting chunks for upgrades for now and then I'll try again.

There are some ashes nearby the boss you can get that unlocks buying chunks.

For what?

I'm not talking about enemies knowing you're on the other side of a wall if you run past, I'm talking about enemies swinging an axe at you straight through a wall with no penalties, which you cannot do in return. The same shit that's happened since DeS. Please don't tell me you're actually defending this.

Also there was patch but no patchnotes.

Yes you can, actually.

Yeah I've got all of that, used it not too long ago to upgrade my avelyn to try that against him with the exploding bolts. It did work pretty good but the cap on 30 exploding bolts being carried prevented it from being viable.

If you're faith, then use a chaos weapon against Nameless. He's weak to fire. His dragon is weak to lightning, but it's a pooka and has very little HP to begin with.

With a jumping attack, but not with any others. And I've never got the feeling that the jumping attack going through walls is intentional.

It was actually the removal of the last patch so no more freezing for 1-2 seconds.

Don't rely on ranged weapons for this. Just learn to dodge his shit and when it's safe to counter.

Most huge weapons can clip through walls if you're at the right angle. Try using something other that fotm straight swords next time.

I was using regular fire infused against him but I'll give chaos a try. If all else fails I'll probably have to respect and put some more points into endurance to get just a bit more shit to dodge and attack with since running out of that seems to be my main problem right now.

Just remember not to overcommit. One attack per opening is all you have time for, so don't be greedy. That's something that I constantly struggle with myself, because I get the bloodlusts.

Or how about stop making excuses for what is obviously unintentional behavior and have FROM fix the fucking game seeing as it's the fifth in the series where attacking through walls has been possible.

You know what's super extra fun? When those snakemen hiding in the nooks in Archdragon Peak do their neck-stretch grab move through the wall, pull your entire character through solid wall, and then flip a coin to either throw you down onto the ground, or clip your ass through the wall into oblivion.
That's behavior that's so intended it makes you wonder why the game even bothers with clipping to begin with.

This.

It's ridiculous the shit people are willing to excuse/defend in a game because of how much time they invest into it.

take it i'm not the only one getting YUGE framedrops then?

There's also a cancerous culture of 'harder == better' in the Souls fanbase that sees a good lot of them defend anything no matter how broken so long as it makes the game marginally harder.

A good example is the O&S fight. A lot of its difficulty comes from trying to keep track of both of them at once, which the camera doesn't help in any way. Then there's hitting through walls and each other. How many times have you been attacking Smough only to have Ornstein's spear come straight through his belly and hit you? I remember when first attempting the fight I kept being caught by attacks going through the pillars too. I'm not saying the fight should be easier — its difficulty is what makes it so memorable. I'm saying its difficulty should not come from such cheap and glitchy methods, where the battle feels more like fighting the game's technical shortcomings than fighting the bosses. But air this criticism to half the Souls fanbase and the cries of 'git gud' will echo off the walls as apparently the game is completely faultless and all problem lies with me even though I've put hundreds of hours into this series.

Stop complaining, newfag.

He doesn't have even remotely that much damage reduction. Also as a caster you should always have a raw infused weapon (preferably astora straight sword) and some carthus rouge.

O&S (retarded multi-target mechanics), Ceaseless Discharge (mega-retarded hitboxes with tons of active damage frames) and Bed of Chaos (it's fucking bed of chaos) are shit fights. I don't think any veteran of the series is going to argue that point.

You know, I went on a media blackout the moment they announced DkS3 specs. I knew I could run it and I wanted to experience it for the first time, being ready for everything.
For me, the highlight of the game were the bosses.
Are there shit bosses? Yes, very much, like in every game.
But the series ticked that punishing / rewarding box so damn right that it was instantly worth it. That is more important to me, rather than say pure difficulty tho without hardship it wouldn't be as good

Honestly I found all of the bosses except for Soul of Cinder to be really, really easy and I went in blind for everything except for a list showing me where the optional hidden areas were.

They weren't easy because they were poorly designed, though, they were easy because all of their hitboxes are extremely accurate so you aren't getting hit by shit that clearly missed you, and you don't have to be ridiculously precise with the timing of your rolls because the damage frames on the boss's swing don't drag ~6 feet behind the weapon itself anymore.

Being more fair is a good thing, but in 1 and 2, the bosses are typically much harder than clearing the areas leading up to them; but in 3 it's the opposite (except for Archdragon Peak which was just an excellent zone all-around).

Even when doing my 100% run and clearing NG+1 and 2, the trend continued, and normal enemies were scaled up and doing ridiculous damage, where one bad dodge could have me eating a combined 1600+ damage hitstun combo from 3 enemies, while bosses just took slightly longer to kill, and except for Champion Gundyr I never used more than 5 sips to kill any of them, and kill all of them my first try. I'd walk up to the boss room and know I was now at the easy part of the zone, and that really disappointed me.

The abyss watchers didn't catch you off guard when they started multiplying?
Yhorm didn't give you an o shit moment when you saw how much damage you dealt?
The twin princes didn't make you sigh when you saw what Lothric did when piggybacking his older bro?
If you managed these on your first try, then I legitimately bow in respect.

No, I was using a Rapier at the time with charcoal pine resin and just R1 hitstunned phase 1 down before the second one even fucked with me. I didn't even get to see the neat mechanics of the fight until my second run when I was using a Great Machete on my strength character didn't kill them nearly as fast as the first time.
For a few seconds, but then Siegward chunked the shit out of him and I knew it was another joke fight. If I had missed Siegward I'm sure I would have been really fucking annoyed because I'm sure I would have tunnel visioned the boss until I chipped him down instead of scouring the room and finding the sword near the throne.
This one was kind of rough, because I didn't expect the res mechanic and so when he dropped on the ground, I was wailing on him and didn't heal; and almost got popped by the res explosion, but the area leading up to them was WAY the fuck harder than they were (I fought the 3 winged knights at the same time and that was some gank squad-tier bullshit).

Soul of Cinders killed me like ~9 times my first run through with his awful dual scimitar moveset until I realized I could just run away until he swapped weapons again

Man, the first time I fought him, I did it solo without knowing about the storm ruler. I saw the pickup, but I don't grab shinies while I'm fighting so I ignored it. It took fucking forever to take his ass down. It's a shame his moveset is so slow and easy to dodge, because otherwise that would have been the best fight.

NG+ Champ sure is a blast.

They really should have made it so that having 40 in all stats in NG made you do equivalent damage as having 10 in all stats on NG. It's way too easy when your power actually carries over.

That's what you get for buying a game made of bunghole

Well, it took me 40 minutes to get that clip because he kept pushing my shit in.

oops meant to reply to the post over…

Story of every single parry video ever :^)

I pretty much ran through that whole area. It's really short too.

What sort of an idiot fights everything in it ?

The sort of idiot who needs to find every item in an area, and not worry about getting raped while picking up said items.

See what said user. I pretty much ran around the area, grabbed everything, let the enemies kill me afterwards and then just ran past them to get to the boss.

Though I'll agree with you on the Knights, they're even more bullshit there than in the Cathedral.

I managed to loot most stuff while running. The transformers are slow.

There is benefit only to killing the knights since they drop swords.

I feel like returning this game but gamestop will only give me 20$ or less.

What the fuck. Should have never listened to my friend and bought this game.

Why not just throw on some Charcoal Pine Resin and rape the transformers which take a giant damage buff from fire and get hitstunned.

The Cathedral Knights with Shield can be guard-broken with a straight sword light weapon art, an then riposted with whatever high-damage primary weapon you have to knock off 60-90% of their HP instantly, and the Greatsword fags can just be backstab fished DaS style.

yeah, the knights are fucking easy, I just parried them.

What's the average level for undead settlement?

25ish

crybaby bitch.

Invasions aren't even that bad, just git gud. This time around invaders have the odds stacked against them so fucking hard (you can summon 2/3 friends and just sit on your ass waiting to be invaded just to splat them cause you're a huge pussy) that there's no reason to be afraid.

Don't you have some more cancerous PvP memevideos to be uploading, OnlyAfro?

This is my first souls game and even I think you're a bitch.

Although I agree the camera is fucking annoying, sometimes the faggot is 5m in front of me and it wont lock on

Don't you have some offline mode to play?

Wow, sick burn. You sure got me with those hot opinions.

I thought he was weak to Dark. It would make sense if he were strong against fire. He's the son of fucking Gwyn.

What he posted wasn't an opinion, idiot. It was a question.

Also all Souls multiplayer is pure cancer and you shouldn't take part in it.

That depends entirely on the weapon you're using. A Crystal infusion on the Astora Greatsword scales intelligence with an A rating.

I finished a solo SL1 run of DS1 a week before DS3 released and I can only say that, as someone that had never previously solo'd the fight, if you're attacking smough during the first phase of the fight you're a fucking retard. Ornstein is obviously the more troublesome of the two, being that he's much faster and his movement is much more sporadic. Yeah, they can attack past the pillars even after they're destroyed, but they can't walk past the rubble, which makes exploiting the same thing they could exploit against you fair game. keep smough behind a pillar and fuck up ornstein before he manages to go around it. It's that simple.

Then again I bet you've probably never learned a basic wavedash in Smash or K-style in GunZ.

ooooh shit gunz reference

Looks like they reverted the patch to fix freezing

What said.
Invasions aren't that hard to deal with because you usually have more HP due to the 30% health boost from being embered and (most of the time) having a lot more estus flasks to heal if need be. Most of the time you will also have a phantom with you because invasions prioritize people who have summoned white/yellow phantoms.
If you don't want to get invaded just play offline or never use an ember and kill yourself after every boss so you don't go to the next area embered.

My only disappointment with the online is that aldritch and moundmakers are the only worthwhile covenants for invading and also the fact that you can get sun medals for invading but you can't get concords for helping the host kill an invader while you are co-oping as a white phantom.

I have never been summoned as a blue phantom since I started playing the game and I'm now in NG+ with about 65 hours of playing. I thought the covenant was still somehow just fucked for me so I put on the way of blue and went to the swamp and when I got invaded by the NPC with the xanthous headpiece a blue phantom got summoned to my world so I know it's not completely fucked it's just that it never works for me because there's no incentive to use the way of blue since you can summon whoever you want by using the password system and have your high level friends steamroll the area.

Admittedly, I was never that great at k-style. Always preferred the Great Swords over katanas. I think my brother was easily top 10 on DR GunZ and Euro GunZ when they were still popular. It's been years but he liked to use the name Mocha_Latte.

What's wrong with releasing a patch on a Friday?

So what you're saying is "Fight Estoc/Dark Sword cancer with 3vs1 cancer"

Splendid idea, friendo.

how mad do you have to be to do that? Wonder how badly he got ganked.

Also

Seems like even the devs don't know what causes the stuttering. GG From.

Because you can only fix it on the next monday, if something gets fucked up because of the patch, i guess.

Forgot to add that the only type of cancer in the game is the "fight club" communities.

When all there is is cancer, become the cancer. Yes, exactly.

Well, that's depressing.

But then you're getting fucked because of split damage.

Physical with buffs is the best answer 100% of the time. It'd be nice if that wasn't the case, but it is.

Why?

So when will FROM actually fix poise and stop insisting that the fans are wrong?

Because they created play styles that have no place in Dark Souls. It's why people try to rush the PvE aspects with 2 or 3 buttbuddies so they can get "to the Fight Club Meta" faster because they mistake DS for some sort of fighting game.

Never.
They never fixed the shitty port that was DS1.
They never fixed the 60 FPS problems in DS2 or Soul Memory.

I'll give you the port, but the 60fps bug was somewhat fixed and soul memory was something I doubt they could just remove

"Play styles that have no place in Dark Souls"? Like what?

God damn it I don't want to play purples like how I'd play Reds.

I've never even seen a red when playing MM. It's always Host + 2 buddies + Blue.

if they removed soul memory and that agility stat I would be able to say that DaS 2 is a superior game than DaS 3.
the bosses might be forgettable but the areas are not, in DaS 3 it's the opposite

According to whom?
If someone wants to play the singleplayer portion of the game on easymode, why do you care?
Maybe they just like pvp

Oh, you're one of those "bawww, invading is hard now :(" shitters.

If you don't grasp how Fight Clubbing and "the Meta" are cancerous I can't help you. These retards ruin both PvP and PvE because they're a) shit at PvE to the point where it's a pain to sunbro bosses with them and b) shit at/scared of regular invasions to the point where it ruins the experience for invaders.

Well, if you can't articulate why you believe what you believe then there's nothing that can be done.

Also the fact that some people buy the game specifically for the PvP and "muh meta" and just treat it like it's some kind of fighting game is just retarded.

Meta is cancer and at least DS2 attempted to somewhat fix it with soul memory and the duel arena. They should have made a designated shitting street PvP containment arena for DS3 but now they are wasting space in the beginning lothric area and outside the pontiff/aldrtich faithful area.

2handing without requirements still drains more stamina

So they're "ruining PVE" because they're summoning help and not soloing everything which makes the game complete easymode, but they're also "ruining PVE" because when they summon help, it's difficult for the helpers?
So another "bawww, invading is hard now :("?
wew, I don't even have a smug enough anime girl for this, so have some gary oldman.

Can anyone help me kill the Consumed King at a low level? I'm trying a magic playthrough and need the MLGS. It doesn't matter what level you are if you use a password.

Set your password to Holla Forums and place your sign in front of his fog wall if you want to help

On PC?

2sec and I'll bring my bleed build if you're on PC that is

From hasn't said a single thing about poise.
Two bamco employees have issued conflicting statements regarding poise.

It's that easy.

I've seen hosts stand aside while their 2 phantom buddies were supposed to kill the boss. If you think that's acceptable, you're a retard and probably part of the problem.

I've also seen idiots try to do the Princes, run through the fog and die to the very first attack. It's a waste of my time to try to help these hopeless fucks.

You're condemning people for playing the game a certain way that you don't like. Are you saying you want the game tailor-made to suit you?

Is that some SC capture thing I missed?

Yeah, PC. Thanks for helping. I'm there waiting, take your time.

Sign is down.
Near the tree on the left side of the fog door
pw: Holla Forums ? No capital letters?

Yeah, it was from that really long SC vid which showcased all of the mocap shit.

I feel like faith exists only for buffs like Deep Protection and weapon buffs while sorceries exist for Magic weapon only.

Damn user, sorry, you were t-posing, couldn't enter the boss room.

It's the most obvious fucking bait and he still took it.

I DC'ed as well I think

Which isn't even that good.

Post theory-crafted builds, fun builds, your builds, whatever builds just post em.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/19568

Remember to use dusk crown and the blue clutch ring when using the MLGS, it'll boost the damage greatly

Thank you Herr Fuhrer and Comf for your help with the Consumed King!

Best SL. Good taste.

Shame the fucker seems to be immune to toxic.

If by fixed you mean "pls rebuy our game in order to get the fix goyim"

Who decided 120 was the meta? 110 is 90-130 is a great range for multiplayer.

le reddit army
you should just stay at 90 so you don't have to meet those estoc/dark sword fags

If we were only so lucky. I've already been poked to death by the 9ft long rapiers. Seriously the phantom range on those things is stupid.

Damn, I've died 3 fucking times to the Deacons as a caster. I'm too used to slamming niggers with the biggest weapons in the game that one shot

soul greatsword, nigga

I have it but it's too slow and doesn't do enough damage. I got through the fight so fast on my other playthroughs that I didn't even know they did a mass hex attack that drains most of your health and fill the room with curse fog.

he kinda has to be, considering the swamp in the garden

No its glorious there is absolutely no moderation on the forums.
Honestly I think the moderator is just as pissed.
I have never seen a group of steam babbies actually upset and not making excuses for the developers.
Hope From rots in shit for all the bullshit they have done.

upgrade your staff, use the buff weapon art from it and then slam away. with the sorcerer staff and 25 intelligence i dealt 300 dmg which was by far enough for NG

really I found the areas awful in Dark Souls 2, most of it take place on earth not in fuck huge castles.
When you finally get to a castle which is located on the top of a windmill its underwhelming and looks like shit.

I don't usually play with magic but want to try something new.

Would a Miracle / Pyro Hybrid be viable?

Possibly, but remember that pyro scales with INT and FTH and usually requires both for higher tier spells

I think the highest you need for Pyro is 25/25 to equip them? Not that bad.

Essentially with the introduction of Int/Fth catalysts you could make an Every Magic Burrito Character too.

For optimal damage, you need 40/40. Thankfully, spell adjust on the pyro flame sharply drops off after that point.

If you're still on it, you can divert the Deacons' attention with Decoy or Skulls.
For later NG+ cycles, Vow of Silence works on them.
Same for Aldritch, though you're better off casting GMB and lopping Chaos Fire Orbs.

Don't use the greatsword for damage, use it to interrupt the archdeacon when he starts casting the orb or the fat guys when they try to heal. Just keep running around the arena to draw the mob away from him and run in to get a few pokes or a backstab on the archdeacon and repeat. Backstab the tall guys whenever the fog starts too, and you can even toss on the ring that gives FP for critical attacks to sustain the greatsword interrupting.

Pyro+Chaos Firestorm.

You'll take some hits but as long as you can get the cast off you'll knock out half of the crowd with every cast.

maybe we'll find ocelotte.
or find out out why one skeleton boulder had a live crab inside.

So, what are your DLC predictions?

I'm anticipating a moon(-themed) level, Priscilla, Edmund, and yet another Gundyr rematch, along with time-travel hijinks.

Oh shit, I'm sorry.

Who /alreadymovedontoadifferentgame/?

Honestly i can't believe the game held my attention for that short amount of time.

It's sad that i would rather watch videos of cats and play final fantasy 10 than continue playing dark souls 3. It wasn't like this when i played des, das1/2 & bb.

I can't figure out what miracle I'm missing.
The achievoo didn't pop when I got the darkmoon blade spell and with the wiki list next to me I can't find the one i'm missing.
Am I blind or is it bugged?

It was bugged.
It popped after I threw all my spells in the storage box

Agreed. I really tried to like it, but I finished it once and I can't bring myself to play for more than ten minutes at a time now.

I think a big part of the problem is that they did a retarded number of ambushes this time around, which are only effective once, adding nothing on subsequent playthroughs.

I'd like to at least satisfy my PvE autism by getting cheevos but even that is a chore in the game's current state.

I also honestly think there needs to be way more than just 2 dlc's to fix this shit.

Did you start as a cleric or herald? The "collect all of X" achievements don't count items you start with. You can dump them into storage and put them back into your inventory to have them count though.

Broken poise (inb4 it's different) ruined it for me. Playing an xboxhueg weapon build feels like doing some kind of challenge where two dogs can stun lock you to death in havel armor. Also straight swords are ridiculous.

The conditions to trigger the "collected all (x) items" style achievements are a little weird. I had collected all 11 bonus flasks to bring my count to 15 total flasks, however, I always had one ashen flask dedicated to FP so I could replenish my weapon art. I didn't get the achievement until I transferred all 15 of my flasks into estus flasks in NG+.

I thought the max was probably 20 like in DS1 until I got more estus shards in NG+ but I couldn't use them.

My PvP experience in DS3

I had fun but if I do play this again I plan on trying builds that can fuck up fight club bouncers

DLC is there to milk the customer, not fix the game.

Also why are Embers so hard to come by? I want to be embered a lot on this character for maximum PvP.

You know what i mean though. The base games are always crappy.

God fucking damn.

No I'm pretty much done with the game until I hear about some balancing that matters. I won't buy the DLC either unless they nerf the base damage of straight swords and thrusting swords. There's no fucking reason why they should have AR that high.

In the meantime, i'm going to be drawing, lifting, and playing Street Fighter.

Anyone have any draw requests related to Souls games?
Draw threads are painful now

youtube.com/watch?v=5SJcEyyS5l8&feature=youtu.be&list=PLYZhYRHkOZobqi_6ozqPZSzUSU9sVoP2f

The video I linked shows some testing done on the effects of poise.

Poise actually does have a function in the game, but what it actually does and the way it is implemented is almost physically painful in how dumb it is.

could you do a picture of some watchdogs of farron playing with a younger wolf of farron?

That's fucking retarded. So that means you can create a build to abuse this, by stacking poise under 30% and spamming rolling attacks.
The effect of this would be that people would keep trying to hit you, but you would pretty much be unstaggerable.

So, Abyss Watchers playing with a smaller, dark haired wolf?

From should just straight up state how poise works. This level of mechanical obfuscation is just unnecessary.

why is that

Mostly because the only requests people give are either jokes, commission tier, or waifu faggotry.

I don't want to get into the other things so I'll just leave it at that

What we really need are some of the more iconic reaction images redone as DaS3 characters. There were a few really good ones made for Bloodborne, like the Tom Cruise / Micolash one.

Here are some Dota 2 ones which were made a while back if you struggling to understand what I mean.

But user, there are no memorable characters in DS3.

No I understand. If I can get this MOTHER FUCKING PEN TABLET DRIVER to work then I'll do that after that Farron Knight request.

I'm considering buying a Wacom tablet just because I'm fucking sick of dealing with this shit. It's like, every fucking time I unplug the thing, I have to delete every file regarding the driver from the hard drive and reinstall it.

Unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about tablets and I've never been a drawfag myself.

Although at least it sounds like you enjoy doing it a lot if you're willing to put up with shitty hardware.

Yeah, every time in the past I've requested something from a draw thread I've been straight out ignored, so I don't request anymore.

Has anyone had any success with spell parry?

I hear ya. I'm too milquetoast to be a Mound Maker; unless a Red pops up and I'll duel the guy, I end up just Sunbroing and go home empty handed. I'm never getting those shekels…

I started with dex because the twinblades looked fun. Little did I know it was the easy mode choice.
Now, I've very little incentive to make a new build except for maybe a Gundam cosplay.

Not so much a prediction but a anticipation - I'd like to know more about the fall of Anor Londo and, particularly, Sulyvahn as it sounds like he's the real villain of DaS3. HE DID NOTHING WRONG.
For actual predictions - Londor and the daughters of Gwynevere.

Fume Knight, if you feel inclined to do so.

On the subject of covenants, what's the best place for Darkmoon and/or Mound Maker work? I tend to do the later in Anor Londo since the stairway is a good place for the honorobru dueru faggotry I like.

The Darkmoon covenant is just fucked regardless of location or SL. It apparently works for some people but the majority get summoned once in a blue moon or never.

Mound-makers is best done at low-level and in early-game areas in my experience

I wish I knew how to parry.

It's the first PvP covenant you find, so that makes sense.

OK, so I am not skilled enough to be satisfied with all of these sketches.
Sorry bud. I tried. I can do it really simplified and cartoonish if you like.

I love Raime so I'll gladly do that

No it isn't

I really don't get why they made Darkmoon the same as Blue Sentinels…and put Oswald selling indictments so I can get his set.
Guess I'll be killing a million silver knights then. I swear it's easier to farm Slabs in DaS1 then get ears from those fucks.

Well, I already finalized the build at SL120 and Rosaria won't allow for lower re-specs so I gotta roll with that (trophy autism is a bitch).

Thanks.

Much obliged.
He's arguably my favorite boss in the series; shame his set didn't return along with the sword.

On the matter of builds, pic related is the STR-FTH one I planned. Gundyr is Cleric class because it will be a re-spec.
Might swap Darkmoon ring for Hunter for the +5 DEX to use a few GSs. It's all very much hopeful thinking; I bet that in the end I'll stick to the Claymore.

I haven't even bought the game. I am here to just laugh at the retards like you that have and dare to say "I-I hope the develop burns!" as if there was any doubt that they were shit for years.

Go back to plebit.

I love these spiders.

Just do some co-op on the low level bosses and stock up if you really need to. Shouldn't take more than twenty or so to last the whole game.

This is where I'm at right now. Invasions are still common so I'm glad that many people haven't fallen for the meta cap meme.

Embers are easy to come by. By the end of my 1st NG I already had over 60 but then again I might have just gotten lucky because they were very common drops for me especially from pontiff knights and everything in grand archives dropping embers. Try co-oping to get some if farming them seems too hard.

on my first playthrough I resorted to buying them, but on the second I quickly hit 99 before NG+

Yeah its not a big deal, whatever you can do.

You won't get blue sentinels or rosaria's fingers until after road of sacrifice.

thank god, i feel emaciated at 120 with all magic but pyromancy being shit.

thinking of tuning my att down to only one slot and dump it into end and just use carthus flame arc for maximum sword.
hitting 753 with my refined carthus curved sword and not being a pansy and actually knocking bosses around has been rather entertaining for as fast as the thing is.
much more fun then my pure-int CSR run.

also, refined gottard's twinswords rolling l1 is lethal.

Yes it is but it also very telegraphed which is why I carry an offhand rapier to parry or quickly poke them as they roll, or run in the case of katana users, straight at me.

holyshit, the basic rapier is the only one that still has that offhand moveset?

Yes. Parrying dagger parries but doesn't attack, it blocks instead, which defeats the reason for using it over a shield. The other thrusting swords don't parry at all. It also has good damage and speed with a quality build at 40/40.

Curved swords like the painting guardian sword and the shotel both parry and attack so you could try those as well but I am unsure if all curved swords can do that.

I'm really getting tired of this no poise shit. This is just awful, and doesn't feel fair at all. one small fuck up should not be that costly in such a situation.

are you mad that he's staying at a meta level or that the meta level is too high/low?

I think it should be 100, though for the sake of magicfags I suppose 120 isn't that bad.

With the other shekel souls games I made at least 5 characters before getting bored (like 50 in DaS1), but I did nothing this time other than making one dude to 100% the game.

I just don't feel like going through it again since the game is so linear, why have Fromsoft's last two games been this much more linear than the rest? In DeS, DaS1, and even DaS2 there were usually 3-5 areas to go to at any given point, but such is not the case in BB and DaS3.

Also I want to like more of the weapons but the balance is fucking awful, this game really does need poise and some changes to numbers.

100~
But some builds require more/less. Single static level is stupid.

It's too bad there's only one catalyst that functions as a weapon in this game as opposed to DaS2.
I've got no clue as to how to do a sorcerer build for pvp, but seeing everyone hate on magic makes 100 seem too low. Especially since you have to chug estus in this game to use magic when it's pretty easy punishable.
In general I agree that lower levels should be the meta, as every point counts more. Speaking of points, does 2handing even help at all in this game? The weapon AR isn't being updated and you lose more stamina when you don't meet the requirements.

1vs1 is not fair? TRY 600 VS 1!

Not 100% info, but I think that 2h works as 1.5x str mult. Scalingbonus for heavy veapons ins better. But generally you lose more stamina and dmg bonus is not that great. I use 2h only than I need vertical/horizontal attack.

There are actually four weapon catalysts
Meta level for casters doesn't really matter one way or the other, at any level a caster will be worse off in PvP than a pure physical build because spells are just that bad.

I don't mind phantoms as it's usually an indication of worse players just trying to gank or make progression. In lothric castle specifically I fucked up a phantom because he got hit with one of the enemy's lloyd's.

Some areas and enemies in DaS2 were cool in concept but not in execution.

I don't mind playing on console, so I'm not experiencing the same issues as you mustards. Why are you such faggots all the time?

okay seriously, I can parry out of straight sword R1 spam but I can't parry out of six fucking one handed MLGS R1's? This shit makes no sense to me. The ONLY option I have at that point is to roll out of it.

MLGS count as UGS? 2h UGS are unparriable.

I'd say it would be wise to try to avoid the level 120 bracket because that's where you'll find the bulk of min/maxing faggots using meta builds as well. It's not like you'll have a hard time finding fights at other levels either.

No comment
what?
Was thinking about that one, it's a halberd type weapon, shame that it's spell reach is the same as the court sorcerer staff though.
sorceries are better off casted with INT than FTH in my opinion, it'd be weird stacking two stats to only utilize one of them.
Needing the int to be able to use a sorcery and have it scale off the faith stat seems like a waste, then there's the physical side of offense, the spear. You'd need some dex for it to deal damage I presume.

Heysel pick actually isn't that bad, I used a crystal rapier for most of the game and the pick actually has enough base and scaling to beat it on damage.
Coin longsword is made with the deacon's soul, didn't get to try it because I made deep soul with it.
Yeah the ritual spear having the faith scaling is ass and I'm willing to bet even at 60 faith it's probably not worth it to actually cast spells out of for anything but surprise factor.

fextralife is as retarded as it is, the coin one that you speak of is listed under straight swords.
It's a dagger better left in the opposite hand of the catalyst to boost sorcery damage than it is as a weapon. The 110 critical bonus means nothing for daggers as they have no other bonus and too low base damage

no, it's just a regular GS, like Claymore. It wasn't that my parry didn't go through, it's that the stunlock was so long that I literally could not do anything except roll out of it.

Different weapon, the scholar's candlestick is the dagger which is the magic buffing one, the cleric's candlestick is the coin longsword and a boss soul weapon that's also a catalyst.
Scholar's candlestick:
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Scholar's Candlestick
Cleric's candlestick:
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Cleric's Candlestick

it's "unfair" because there's little reason to use most weapons that aren't straight swords

If you use anything else you'd be deliberately gimping your character for the most part.

You was planing to kill host in one hit.

Oh shit, never noticed.
How high is the magadjust at 40 int?
Do you know by any chance?

Got to sully's fightclub bitches, if wilderness is too harsh for you.

Int/faith scales up to 60 btw.

No clue, I said earlier I didn't get to try it because I used the deacon soul to make deep soul instead.

Technically all the damage stats scale up to 60, just not super well

If you aren't doing quality or magic I'd recommend 60 for a pure STR or DEX build

Everything scales above, but the softcap at 40 remains, at least for the moonlight greatsword. It started flattening out when I reached 40

I bet you thought you were kangs n shiet too, nigger.

Parry fags are the worst.

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4jdwy6/dark_souls_3_poise_mechanics_im_pretty_damn_sure/

It's really one of the only ways to deal with straight swords short of just poise tankoh wait

I swear to god the more time you spend there the more retarded you're going to get.
You can hover over the stat and it'll explain pure bullshit.

UGS weapon art. Except Farron Memesword. That thing begs to be parried.

Straight swords have you down? UGS weapon art+ roll into R2

I have never had so much fun PvPing before I switched to an UGS

You guys are all whiny babies. Grow the fuck up or get a new hobby.

That's like using the Crystal Sage Rapier on Aldrich which I am guilty of

Fire infusion is subpar for lategame, that I can understand you being miffed about

maxes out scaling at C and is split damage with thew moonlight waves having almost no explosion.

you're better off with greatsword of judgement as a quality/int or a crystal astora greatsword.
and bloodborne's version was so nice.
shame the PvP is dead there now that ds3 is out.

go hang.

my character was 18/18/60/12
want to know what the twelve faith was for?

carthus beacon.
the magic clutch ring, ponty's right eye, cloranthy ring, and lloyd's sword were what i used through most of the game, the rest was full pyromacy hurling GCFO, which didn't do bad damage despite my being pure int leading me to think it scales alot like fire did in DS2.

CSR needs it's dex scaling buffed badly if it's gonna be split damage.

Ive got a faith build and my lightning lothric knight sword riggidy riggidy wrecked Nameless King and his little dragoo. He telegraphs so fucking much its painfully easy to dodge his shit, not least he gets stunned every half dozen or so hits and the thunder crest shield utterly fucks his attacks.

I admit the camera angles while hes on the dragon are fucked but take some sunlight spears in and you dont even fucking need to worry since they drop it super fast. Or just run about until it does its fire breath while on the ground and skull fuck him.

Once you unlock the coal to infuse lightning, Nameless King is just about the only enemy not massively weak to lightning. The real challenge of a faith build is everything until that point since blessed is utterly useless and chaos doesnt quite scale as nicely.

So did they fix the stuttering yet ?

Yep. They simply reverted the patch.

I did, because all the fucking black corruption monsters sperg like a pussy when you hit them with fire.

My pc gets unreasonably hot while playing this, and it's never really had any problems with other games, and it only happened after some updated.

We should fight them in packs, with wild dogs running around.

you will live long enough to see everything you lose turn to shit

The recent updates have really fucked performance somehow

WAT

Go back to halfchan, faggot.

Weapons that do magic damage get a small buff, but it's not the full 10% it gives to sorceries.

Boy, they really hated magic this time around.

steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286119111456394/

What the fuck From.

Pyromancy is incredibly powerful on bosses this time around, I also was guilty of not picking up any Pyromancy as a straight faith build, but I realize if you wanna make it work, you have to use pyromancy with your miracles or something to supplement it.

I struggled so much on Aldrich, came back with a Great Chaos Fire Orb and just cheesed him. Struggled on Nameless King, finished upgrading my raw weapon to +10 and got Carthus Beacon. Carried me through the last few bosses including Soul of Cinder weirdly enough.

Who knew a fire boss was actually weak enough to fire?

i thought that was BB's cross to bear, why do miracles, sorceries have to be shit this time to?
it might get better the way it did with BB but im still just gonna stay some type of quality build from now on.

Gods are dead and eaten by abomination.

I ve been tanking everything with the Parma shield at 60 block + great magic shield, struggled a few times but most bosses can't touch me. Died a dozen times to DS Armour pushing me off the bridge or one shotting me. Fuck one shot attacks. this is a bad game

I haven't got my hands on any good pyromancy yet, but holy fucking shit if you learn how to use bombs and how to poke people with spells you can really control how the fight goes.

If the DLCs add any meaningful sorceries at all I'll be surprised, there was so much room to make actually good ones in the base game and instead they just filled it up with the same abundance of minor variants not worth using.

yes but that's irrelevant to how miracles function, i realize it might utterly destroy someone's faith upon the realization but really all you need it that and to know of the story in which the spell is featured.
like say knowing the tale of noah's arc would give you a rain spell.

you are yellowfinger heysel.

This and noah soul will give you rain spell.

Spells was always different kinds of projectiles.

Even so a soul arrow is different in use than homing soul mass which is different in use than crystal hail. However when there are only 21 offensive spells having soul arrow, great soul arrow, heavy soul arrow, great heavy soul arrow, deep soul, great deep soul, soul spear and crystal soul spear all be functionally nearly identical is a massive waste. In particular I really don't think there need to be great versions of spells in the game at all, they served a purpose when they had their own diminished number of limited casts compared to the regular versions but with common mana pools and basically insignificant cost increases you basically just never use basic once you get access to the great versions which is in like the second area in the game.

nice.

wish people would use more of this stuff instead of wubstep or some jpop crap

just realized the kiln is that broken archtree you can see from fireless shrine, and this is fireless shrine from the kiln.

It also look kinda like Old One from demons souls. Who look like tree, yeah… Also if you post because you just now noticed it you are fucking slow.

Nameless King is Dark Sword fodder

Or git gud and drop elemental damage for that boss, change your shitty pvp build and get some good physical damage weapon

Honestly I killed the boss on my third attempt, once you learn his patterns it's easy roll and hit

Reminder that if you wear the obscuring ring and the untrue white ring most hosts will literally think you are just one of the transitory phantoms of other hosts and will ignore you allowing for much fun to be had.

That said, as much fun as I've had with the obscuring ring so far, it's a very odd item to have in the game because if you invade a host who's wearing it you often end up spending ages just trying to find them in the level.

Fuck this game

i've been playing a pyro with mouse & keyboard.. and one thing is really disappointing for me – you aim the Y direction of your fireballs with your mouse, but the X direction with you character orientation…
they could have made it work… just let me aim with the fucking mouse only

When a critical issue impacts the entire playerbase the first thing you do is roll back the servers to the previous build. You don't keep the game unplayble for weeks while you investigate the issue. So From did it right (even if we had to wait a full weekend) and you're a major retard who knows no better than shitposting.

That you chaim?

literally everything is easy mode according to you try hard faggots

I concluded that they don't know what causes the issue, I didn't complain about the rollback.

Also I'd like to bring attention to this again. Apparently certain covenants are broken on a Steam account basis and if you play via family sharing you get summoned much more often.

ok, sorry about being aggressive, I've had a tough day

I think it's fair to say that FROM just aren't all that good at programming.

Feels good man.

The game clearly favors dex/quality builds. Sharp Twinblades did more damage than practically any other weapon I had, including Storm King Curved Sword and they can stunlock practically every enemy (try stunlocking knights with a curved sword in the previous games). So yeah - easy mode. And not everything - just light weapons you can R1 spam.

Maybe when someone comes by saying what a easy time they're having with a Smough build, you can toss that "try hard faggot" crap.

reapers are so bad, god fucking damn are they terrible in DS3 - why did From nuke one of my favorite classes of weapons. Seriously, they nerfed the running attack, the damage, the attack speed, the damage - they took every good quality and removed them

i still try and make them work in PVP, but it really makes you work for for wins because of how bad they are

I think they code fine, this kind of stuff can happen. The problem is that there is no way something like this can happen if you have QA testing, a patch like could never be released. But it looks like they release without testing.

Don't bring a tool to a swordfight then

Yeah, I was incredibly disappointed with how little damage they do, even with chaos infusion and Faith/Int giving A scaling on the Corvian greatscythe, it's saving grace is still the bleeding, which good luck (no pun intended) attacking fast enough to pull that off unless you have high luck.

Strangely enough, luck builds seem incredibly viable this time around. Probably what I'll gun for my next run

Which weapon is the most thrilling for PvP?

Define "thrilling" in this context.

So Soul of Cinder's juggle combo is inescapable?

I fucking love DaS 3 boss design. Pontiff and Dancer best bosses.

Yep. If you get clipped by any part of it you're taking the whole thing up the ass.

It definitely falls behind plenty of weapons but I like using reapers in PvE against knights and those jackasses that love to chimp out in your face (thralls, corvians, ghrus and the anime bullshit skeletons) since a well placed R1 keeps them practically locked in place; Drakebloods in particular can't do anything against it.

On my end, I'm trying to make Manikin Claws work. They got the dagger dodge art so with a Farron Ring and a offhand Simple Parrying Dagger, I can go Bloodborne on everyone's ass.

Haven't tried it but does Carthus Rouge help reapers at all? I know it makes Warden Twinblades really strong since you can turn into a fuckin' blender.

Regarding Luck, is it really worth it? Sure, Bleed seems pretty strong but Poison is complete shit.

I would assume it does since I see no reason why they wouldn't be buffable. They might not have the attack speed to really take advantage of the bleed though.

If you can apply it it's worth a shot I guess, try it on them, it'd be hard to stack since you have to attack fast but you probably could pull it off with high enough luck like I said

Though I was thinking since the hollow gem scales off luck that if I were to do a luck build it'd be bleed mixed with hollow gem or Anri's straight sword

Hard to use without being tedious or intentionally weak.

I don't think anything really falls under that category.

wew, shocking
you sure you've played previous games?

My, you're a smart one aren't you?

any twin weapon is amazing for pve

Any weapon that can kill anyone in 2 hits

My current build has crap Luck (the starting 9) so it's not worth it. Maybe I should try a really dedicated build at some point; I tend to invest points in some stats just to fiddle around with some weapons (I'm really enjoying the Dragonsplayer Spear in this game so I can't say I regret the points put in STR).

It's not just about the damage. Curved swords couldn't stunlock enemies this easily, especially armored ones.

True. I was just surprised the freakin' starting weapon carried me through the entirety of NG.

You can respec with Rosaria if you wanna fiddle with stats but it costs tongues and there's only 5 respecs per NG.

Firelink set? More like dyel set.

Ah well at least you can roll the fuck away from it.

Wait, so what did this patch fuck up now?

I know they reverted to an older one because of the frame freezes.

Also, friend of mine just got a random INVALID DATA bullshit despite him never using trainers or Cheat Engine.

So what gives?

i dodged that fucker, so it's possible but i'd still say run like the wind.

gid gud scrub

Same here, user. Matchmaking is also fucking up, even with passwords. Had me worried there for a while, but I backed up my save and deleted my shit just in case I'd want to play later.

A mass occurrence of corrupted saves would be fucking hilarious.

Welp. placing the basin crashed the game somehow

It's not even a PvP build I'm not even sure who would use faith for that since it's pretty shit outside of buffs but buffs take a long time to cast which isn't very good for PvP.

What I ended up doing was switching out to a dagger weapon and use the dark weapon miracle because every single other weapon simply used too much stamina which meant I had enough to dodge but not dodge and attack. Once I did that it was significantly easier because I actually got a chance to attack while still having stamina left to dodge with. I still had problems with the odd time when he decided to just string fast attack combos into another fast attack combo without giving me much chance to recover stamina.

I probably could have got more endurance but I wanted to stay at SL 50 because anything above that means almost no co-op.

Will there ever be a DS game that lets me use spears?

Now I'm afraid to even try a dex/bleed build because probably it oneshots bosses pr something.

Hello user,
Does your game crash because you use sweetfx/reshade, yet you don't want to get back to that yellowish blurred sepia look?

no more crashes!

Ironically, UGS are better lances than lances. With the leo ring, of course.

Bleed can be pretty good against certain bosses like the crystal sage but on the ones that really matter it seems to take a pretty long time for it to build up.

I used a halberd through most of the game as a herald, then switched to Nameless King's Swordspear and it felt right for its slow speed, maybe the L2 being a bit broken.

Now I'm playing a pyromancer, switched to Astora's Greatsword and I'd swear the strong attack takes pretty much the same time as a spear thrust at double the damage. More damage, more flexibility, better scalings…

Fucking Morne bullshit

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/20818

You have to be SL 150 to properly use his shit.

Twinspears are great though.

That's the feel I was talking about

They have a good moveset for pvp due to that l1 after rolling, but they can barely be considered spears since you swimg them around rather than use thrusts.
Plus they have no parry.

I just want to feel like pic related at least once, is it asking too much Miyazaki?

what is priestess and knights ring?

forgot pic

I completely forgot about those.

Those shave off 10 levels, but still, at 139, you're not going to get a lot of online action.

first time i invaded some faggot, it was some girl gamer with a little patrol of three whiteknights surrounding her
i hope they were streaming

Surprisingly enough, I get more than enough at 170, but that's only in the Pontiff area

Yeah, but isn't that where that colossal faggot, Malcolm, is still hacking his way in the game and fucking up other people's online?

With 20 STR and 50 DEX, Refined Astora GS is the strongest weapon I got and it's even lighter than the Hollowslayer. The range is really nice as it allows to sneak in hits on bosses in a dodge that would otherwise leave you too far away.

You can stay at the 120 range if you are willing to abdicate the shield. Pic related.

(checked)

the astora greatsword also has A scaling at +10 for faith and int if infused with chaos

Why is the astora greatsword so perfect?

I know I could do that, but kind of defeats the whole purpose if I want to cosplay as Eygon in the game.

Because long, light, hits hard, scales good.
Too bad neither great or astora long sword has the 120 divine auxhilliary effect from the first game

Indeed. It sucks, but you could attempt a tanking build, trade the quick roll for use of shield.

I wanted to try a Smough build so I understand the pain of seeing freakin' VIT eat most stat investment.
There's also the Prisoner's Chain ring made from Gundam's soul. Adds +5 to VIG, VIT and END but drops your defense by 10% but after doing the Eygon math, Favor +2 is better. And even if you switch the Knight or Priestess ring for the Prisoner Chain, you'll still have to put the points back in STR or FTH.

Bleed is pretty good against Sage and Aldritch and absolutely destroys Dancer. Just chaincast (Dorhy's) Gnawing in her face for an easy win.
Aside from that, I'm getting better results from BKGA than CB at 40/40(40/…).

White Hair + Sacred Flame.
Bonus points for not meeting the stat requirements for the former, Obscuring + Untrue Dark Ring and a shield in the main hand.

Could always do like in this video, pretend to be a ghost at the bonfire and just nuke the host

Shit sucks, bro.

And just think, people ninja-flipped back in DaS with Havels on.

Combining smough & havel for maximum poise is still lower than just using two Yhorm shields

How viable is this gaia-tier meme build?
I want to make a gimmick character to invade people with, preferably SL 50 or lower.

Not this time. Your Japanese overlords want you to be generic knights.

What the fuck is going on.

Recently when I invaded in Halfway Fortress, I came across a host and 2 phantoms.

But I was okay with that because the phantoms were wearing the Untrue Dark Ring and all 3 of them were dressed up as Abyss Watchers and had the same name too, wielding nothing but Farron Greatswords. Was fucking hilarious.

Any mateys on the pirated server/RVT matchmaking able to help me with Aldrich?

I'm on Anor Londo bonfire.

Whoever that was, jolly good show.

Thanks bruv.

Nerf range pls.

Obscuring ring makes invasions so much more fun.

No you see it's just the latency. :^)

Let's ignore the fact that even if that was the case it's still shoddy programming.

stop beeing a casual

youtube.com/watch?v=MlY8Gh6OfP0

the only 'weapon' you use is scholars candlestick

Oh god I just ruined someone RPing gladitorial fight invasions.

First time the host (that observed) along with his white knights killed me.
Then immediately afterwards I managed to get back, I switched helmets and weapons so they don't recognize me cause no one remembers names, and killed the host.

When I invade, I invade nigga.

This one just didn't hit the mark.

This really annoys me. They always give you a shortcut right in front of the fog gate.
Casualized and unnecessary. At least limit it to key points.
Didn't bug me in the first run, but boy does it hurt replay value.
High Lord Wolnir, Yhorm the Giant, Deacons of the Deep and Ancient Wyvern all have little replay value or coop potential

An invisible cancer for Souls games. If someone finds a broken build and makes le epic youtube video about it, you've got hundreds of faggots with the same build within hours. It also once again hurts replay value: Say i want to make a mage account, the easiest way is just to go through the game as a melee and respec to mage instead. Or just respec my original account because why bother.
At least these are easily redeemable and will hopefully be fixed
Par for the course, hopefully will be changed as well

Man i don't know, none of these are crippling points. It just isn't all that fun i feel.

What the fuck is that nasty slug thing around Rosaria? My first thought was that it was the archdeacon that jumped ship from Aldritch to Silent Waifu and got wormed in the process, but the fact that it dies when she does makes me think it's a part of her.

Either way, it's fucking nasty.

Should I bother PvPing as an int caster? Spells take so damn long to cast and travel that casually walking out of the way is all the defense they need. Even when it hits, it doesn't stop or stagger them because there's no poise mechanic in the game. It doesn't help that everyone rolls in a three-man squad, usually plus a pale shade. Should I be focusing on magic weapon instead of soul arrows, or maybe soul greatsword/flashsword?

At first I thought it was because my attack moved me closer to him so I got poked but when I replayed it I saw that it went like this:

I seriously think it's a combination of the 1-handed longsword attack animation making characters step forward a lot combined with them having a slightly longer range than their weapon models appear to have.

I think it's just one of the many people devoted to her who overdose on her shape changing and turn into just fugly masses of flesh, like all the slug people in front of her door and Heysel when you kill her in there.

The only hope you're ever going to have for invading as an int caster is with obscuring ring and soul stream sniping. The only hope you're going to have in an up close fight is a lucky soul greatsword or flashsword or completely forgoing spells the entire fight to get their guard down so you can nail them point blank with a crystal soul spear. Either way you're going to be worse off than pretty much every single build you go up against so I would recommend just not bothering.

The have a whole group of people centered around fast, flashy melee magic and yet it sucks balls to use.

Yep, and one of their spells is actually one of the slowest and least mobile there is. Farron Hail has a decently long start-up time and you're locked into one position and facing the entire long duration of the cast.

My biggest problem was the encounters with regular enemies. Too many of them were just unreasonably large groups of enemies which resulted in tedious kiting trying to pull them out one by one or taking a risk on whether or not they might clusterfuck you to death.

It especially became a problem when the group of enemies in question was a group of enemies that have fast attacks that are chained together. Bonus points if more than one enemy begins their chain at the same time.

Levels were great but desperately needed to more connecting areas like darkroot, items were great, bosses were half good half bland but the combat against regular enemies feels so fucking tedious in the majority of the game that it kills it. Nothing sucked more than getting to Irithyll and loving the area only to find out it begins with an ambush of an enemy spawning in behind you and then has almost invisible enemies walking around.

Last 8 points where

Darkmoon/Lightning Blade PvP set with an extra secret meme spell for backup. Using Twinspears.

I think the man-grubs are some sort of larval stage of the rebirth process. Could be wrong, naturally.

This is the salt and the stupidity of making my first playthrough shieldless but I think this game takes the cake for largest amount of obnoxious enemies in the series:
When the skeleton wheels feel tame I dare say we have a problem. But again, the salt talking.

My humble suggestion would be to put them in DEX and use a Refined infusion.

Skeleton wheels have been nerfed every game since their debut even though they really weren't even all that bad in the first one. They got a reputation for being ass cleavers because of both their abilities and the places and numbers you fought them in, then in both 2 and 3 they're way weaker, in way fewer numbers and encountered in arenas where they're trivial to avoid.

Buff wheel skeletons, they should be feared again.

already on refined niglet, shoving it all in DEX has the highest damage boost, about the same as making STR and DEX both equal, but you always get that niggling feeling that something better could be done.

FROM released a proper explanation of the matchmaking procedure (in Japanese because fuck us dirty gaijin) and somebody translated it:

steamcommunity.com/app/374320/discussions/0/357286663669892435/

Now,regardless of whether or not the weapon is in your inventory or how many of said weapon you currently bring, the highest level you upgraded a certain weapon until now will become the basis for this system to take place.

Yea, the first time I fought them I thought "Wait, that's it?"

Lmao, every time I think of Lautrec I think of this animation.

That part was really well done.

So was that Lautrec laugh, I'll never forget that moment on my first DaS playthrough.

Completely blind I might add, he let out that laugh and I just remember thinking "Oh man, i just fucked up, this guy sounds evil as shit."

At least I only gotta grind 20-30 more levels to be essentially a 40 dex or 40 strength build

Crystal soul spear is the way to go that or flashsword

flashsword out of the court sorcerer catalyst deals about the same as the heysel pick, flashsword out of the pick deals less than the pick itself. CSS is mana prohibitive, shit's inefficient as fuck.

I agree about the enemies. They really tried their hardest to drain the fun out of exploring with some of these fucking enemies. It's like they just didn't want to give them weaknesses except for some dumb AI that is present in all the games. I'm replaying on a few different characters and find myself just saying fuck it and running past everything at times. It wouldn't be so bad if your character was buffed a bit, got some slightly faster natural stamina regen and movement speed. As it is now though it just feels so tedious dealing with some things and not even that worth it.

You can always go straight to Rosaria and respec.

BALANCE

FROM doesn't want you to play anything but the Knight starting class, you stupid gaijin.

Go to 60, if faith is anything like intelligence then you'll gain more damage going from 40 to 60 than you did from wherever you started at to 40.