I miss Battle Royale threads...

I miss Battle Royale threads. Are they not allowed now or did the people who were making them just leave while 8ch was shitting itself for months on end?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/hungergames/res/9621.html
pastebin.com/3DREAZvE
kat.cr/ultimate-arena-v1-5-t12552538.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The championship thing constrained what was once a pretty free affair, and things came to a head when it was discovered the championships were rigged to make some waifus win or some shit. It all died pretty much immediately afterwards.

I imagine the post errors prevented anyone to even think about resurrecting it for the longest time, too.

Oh, I hadn't heard anything about them being rigged. That's pretty disappointing. Hopefully they get started up again in the future, by somebody who knows how to run them.

Considering the kind of people I've seen around here I'm not surprised. People who are unbiased are probably not as interested to do something as big as the tournament again.

For what purpose?

how did people find out it was rigged?

Attention whores and autism.

These threads devolved into nothing but waifufags, husbandofags, and namefags spouting memes, and rage when their picks died for 20 threads on the weekends.

But to be fair, these threads were fucking gold for salt mining.

Think the guy admitted to it publicly.

Good old-fashioned autism.

I confess I don't know, I couldn't follow the things directly at the time because the games happened in the dead of night for me. I only read about the rigging after the fact, but there weren't many details.

In any case I'd like to see a revival, but more in a "whenever someone feels like hosting" format.

The threads were fucking amazing watching everything play out but it got boring because of repeated entries

Nepfag confessed in one of threads? man that would have been great to see everyones reaction to this

Ive been here for two years and i just now hear of this

That would be nice. It doesn't have to be a great big tournament, but it could be nice during off hours or something when the board's slow anyway.

I would like to see that too maybe even the platinum championships but thats asking to much

I remember the threads appearing last year around the weekends

Actually it was rigged more so certain characters wouldn't win, because making specific characters win required a lot of repeated generations.
Basically, if nepfag didn't like your nom, it didn't win.

Get a load of this loser who doesn't spend 8+ hours lurking on Holla Forums every day.

Yes, tournaments beget autism and fixed hours made it so you had like one minute to get your picks in. I too think occasionally during off-hours would be best.

goddamn that must suck

I remember the rush, yeah. Everything would go completely dead while a good hundred posts all tried to go through at once.

I remember that i was one of those guys, it was amazing seeing how many people were trying to get in the games

I think I got in once, and then both my nominations died off the first day.

That feeling was the fucking worst no matter what day it was

I think you mean "scripted".

How many nominees did you have prepped, Holla Forums?
I had about 69 when it died.

Start one and find out

I don't know the first thing about running them, it wouldn't be fun at all.

Never expected to see this thread
I may or may not consider doing it again this weekend
I was one of the people who helped these threads before
But whatever

I miss these threads.

Good times.

I would love to be the new unbiased Nepfag and make these threads on the weekends again. They were innocent fun.

Maybe Friday I could give it a shot? What do you anons think? What would I need to do to prepare and set it up?

Just take in the first submissions anons post, screen cap the daily events and update the thread every 5 minutes.

It'd be nice, but I think the well's already been poisoned thanks to the fags who ran it last time, not to mention that a nice slice of the fun involved the added events and whatnot.

I'd be down for it.

Seems like a fine idea. Screencap everything after I get the characters, then post after the game's done. If I ever rig you can publicly crucify me.

How hard could adding new events and actions be? I could get some fags to help me script it all and find newer more unique ways to kill people and let them fuck around.

Sorry if my ID changes, I'm the same fag you're replying to. Might just end up making a trip if I knew how to, been browsing for ten years and never bothered to learn

Hello nigga, I also have an id change. If you're interested, I could help you get started working on setting up the events and how to do them.
I am none of the people who ruined the Battle Royale, but I am one of the original people who helped keep running it
Pic unrelated
And trips are easy, just put two hashes (##) and a password right by the namefield where you want it to be (for example, Biggus Dickus##9frfeirp)

hurp derp

the are like quest threads, put them on the right board >>>/qu/

We had some good moments.

Also this.

Well I suppose I'll test it then. No idea if I'll keep this trip because the last thing Hunger Games needs is a waifufag running it again

It'd be appreciated if you could help with scripting, but I can't now. I'm busy fucking around at work for a minimum wage. Maybe just give me a rundown so I can test my self later.

Fucking ID changes

Ar-Are we bringing these back?
ca-cause I'd down to host again.

Literally anyone but you.

You can host the non-official games

Yo-You too, I got better.

I hosted those anyway…

I'm going to bully

These threads need high energy. You have low energy. Yeb! tier energy.

Yeah, well, you're gay.

I'd wait for the weekend, as you'll have more people around who will probably be off for the time being, as opposed to the middle of the week.
But since you're here, I'll give you a basic run down.
The screencaps here are the official rundown from when we used to do this.
And this would be the code with the most events we collected all in all, do take time to look through some of them to see how an event is created and what to do.
If you need any other help, just join the Holla Forums discord at the top there and and PM ORGANizer for stuff.

And stop being a fag, you're not cute.

Nice try. I'm 100% white cis scum.

Use that shit when you are the OP hosting one, but even then we have IDs

So am I, fuckboi, how about you come over to my place and we plow each other in the as-I mean, play video games.

I wasn't seriously tripfagging, I was just using it for fun.

Yeah, I was just testing it. I forgot to take it off. Even then 4G keeps changing my ID.

Stop being a fag user.

Every game should be non-official. We saw what happened with the tournament logic last time around. Let's keep it comfy good fun lads.

I'm not a fag, you fag, I'm 100% Hetero, I swear, I've only sucked one whole dick.

And seriously, will these be starting again, I want a rider to actually win.

Also in case you wanna try different formats (like having the tributes be in a haunted mansion setting), visit this thread for different codes: 8ch.net/hungergames/res/9621.html

Also remember to ignore the MUH CANON fags. Trying to moderate what is and isn't real is how circlejerking autism starts.

I wouldn't be against this coming back in a small capacity. Just as long as it doesn't turn into another super serious regulated affair run by a group of 5 or so tripfags again.

Yeah alright. I'd lose track after the first game anyway, I'm not autistic enough to do this regularly anyway. I have a life and friends

I'll make a thread on Friday and see how it goes. Have something to look forward to this week.

Hope it doesn't become pokederp either
But that was filled with cancer from the start so w/e

I'm really surprised one hasn't already started up.

This is why Holla Forums doesn't have Battle Royale threads.

We only did it on weekends and fridays.

Since this thread won't be used for anything else, we might as well take this time to create events.
If you want to create an event, follow this basic formatting.
Indicate whether the event is a bloodbath (opening event), day event, night event, or feast event, and whether someone dies.
When you write the event, put in player names in like Player1, Player 2, etc.
Example:
(Player1) trips (Player2) and (he/she) slams into a tree.
Be sure your event you create is creative and fun to read.
That's it.

If anyone wants it done again, I hosted one of the Hunger Games threads for a while until I couldn't be arsed to continue them anymore i think terry hintz or someone like that won the finals or something but I'm considering starting the tournaments with the same format from scratch.

Didn't realize I still had a folder for it on this computer. Here's a few things I had saved.

Reminder that winner was the best nominee we could've wished for

On fridays do half the roster (let's say 6)
On saturdays do the rest but leave one match (do 5 matches) and fill it with a 'gimmick' match like bosses or themed arenas
On sundays do the remaining match and the finals

I rigged them because I was a dumbass waifufag who took the championships too seriously to the extreme and made it manufactured hype fucked people over by being biased over certain noms and leaving certain ones on the bottom with my reason being that 'If we don't get top noms here, people won't join in the games anymore and we'll get nothing but dogshit'

Yes, I'm that Nepfag that many talk about. Continue to crucify me.

I still have the threads archived.

If you're going to start them again, don't repeat the mistakes I made.

That's all I got for now.

Post your trip or get out Nepfag. I don't have any sympathy for someone who channeled all their autism into rigging online simulations

This shit was always cancer.

I never used a trip, I avatarfagged as Neptune from Neptunia.

Fuck you. You triggered my autism in the name of rating, then instead of explaining me why you didn't accepted my nominees after posting decent images before the cutoff you went back to your board and made fun of me for calling your bullshit.

nepfags fags are truly the worst

Yes I did run away instead of explaining why it wasn't accepted, yes I did make fun of you for calling me out, you are right on those.

You got BTFO by a nepfag. Kinda pathetic user.

Don't try to justify what I did as right, he has a right to be mad at me and everyone else.

In what way?

heh

It was really big last summer, we had them every weekend for most of June and July

A couple of ideas, feel free to improve them.

Those were some good old days

I'd be up with a waifuless Battle Royale thread for once

>(Player1) named the jew. (He/She1) later died in an accident.

See, while it is a dumb idea on multiple fronts, it is one that would never have spawned if the games had been kept free and low-key. "Keeping the games interesting" can really only spawn if the games are kept to a strict schedule, with a strict tournament bracket, and thus given way the fuck more importance than the silly fun this was meant to be. I did not directly witness the rigging because the tournaments happened when I had my weekend shitfacing time, but I always protested the state of affairs when we pretty much only had the tournaments, because every game outside the grand weekend tournament time was "non official" and thus inherently not worth participating in.

So ultimately I nerd rage at the tournament mentality more than your rigging which spawned from it. In order to stay fun, Battle Royale must be kept as a random occurence with no special stakes. I'd argue to drop any and all trips as well - even if IDs didn't exist, the bransteele system works in such a way it's pretty damn hard to fake a screenshot of a round in a few minute's time.

So to sum up, here is what I propose for rules :
- Anyone can host as he pleases, at any time
- Host can stipulate special nomination rules occasionally, but the general guideline would be 2 free nominations per person, with progressive 3 to 4 per person if there isn't enough people
- Hosts being ideally varied, It's up to the participants to avoid nominating the same characters over and over.
- Maybe ignore any single nomination post that includes two characters of the same game ?

The reason the tournament was started was that it would give a reason to keep coming to the games to see more people get nominated and hopefully make it in.
People avoided weekday games because most were either busy or only wanted to watch the tournament.
However, that doesn't mean I disagree with you, as the tournament was the downfall of the games, and the reason why it fell apart
Nearing the end of the games, we were starting to do more fun variations, such as different arenas, boss battles (24 of the same character against 24 others), and other such things.
What I think we should do is keep the Battle Royale threads to the weekend, but we don't have to focus on the tournament, instead keeping it varied and fun like people remembered. Maybe throw in a short tournament once in a while.
At least, that's what I think.
We'll also need someone to keep track of any codes people might want to use, maybe open up a pastebin everyone can use, relying on trust and such.
I will be that person, making it right now.

I would love to see that happen again so the Punisher can fucking murder everybody again.

Keeping the meat of the games to the weekends to create a "sure thing" participation wise is all fine and dandy on two conditions :

1 - Make it viable for all timezones. Even if you keep it to the weekends,there shouldn't be any fixed hours, so every time zone can feasibly have their fun if a host is willing.
2 - Do not discourage weekday games in any way. I remember people trying to make games during the week, only for fags to post "wait for the weekend". No. Someone wants to host ? It's a game like any other. Get in. Any game should be viable as long as there is enough people to get things going with the upper limit of 4 noms per person.

Then let them be forewarned that there will not be as many people participating.
Also hueg pastebin now, not finished but I will update it with those other arenas' events.
pastebin.com/3DREAZvE

Does anyone have the one where Dio just eats cereal the whole game and then fucking kills himself?

Wow, I'm surprised this kept going after I went to bed.

I think that we should all agree now that the Atlus Grandma should be in the first new game.

That's fucked, must have missed those ones where it came out. More trash to delete then.

One of the former hosts of the official Holla Forums championship games here. Hosted the final match we did. I wouldn't be opposed to starting up a more free version of the games, that is, if the posting errors don't really fuck it over.

I'm pretty much only for weekend games. If they happen all the time, what makes them special? Typically it should go something like this: Friday is the first big game, Saturday is another even bigger game, and Sunday is a bunch of non-canon games and general cool down time.

Posting has been fine recently.

Why not just start fucking around this weekend, and if there is enough interest and there aren't too many errors let's keep it going

The idea of "tournaments" was always a bit of a silly affair. I liked it when people just submitted random shit every time and every match was a grab bag of gold. Pics related from prior games. Those were good times before all this "rigging" nonsense.

What should make them special ? Just because you only want to participate in a certain timetable doesn't mean everyone else should adhere to it. The argument usually given is that "if games can happen all the time, then nobody will want to play on the weekends !" but your very post proves that's not the case.

So, you're saying there really was meaning behind the cards I drew?

Get the event code from here
>>>/hungergames/

Test

I only participated in the first few threads. I knew like most things that it was going to become cancer if people kept doing it too long, and sure enough turns out the guy doing them started to rig them for waifus and shit.

it doesn't excuse your actions ruining the sport, but at least it seems that you feel remorse for what you did. I won't forgive you, but I won't judge you either. We all do stupid shit, user. Try not to stay too shaken up over it.

Are you gonna run that stimulation? I will watch the thread if you do. I may also run a non-canon game before the weekend when I learn how.

Have you guys heard of ultimate arena? It's a hunger games simulator, but in real time with stats, alliances that matter and it's all open source.
Oh, and you can make custom contestants.
And you have have up to 100 people per game.
Just saying, that's all.

Oh, and for no reason in particular, I' m going to leave this torrent link.
kat.cr/ultimate-arena-v1-5-t12552538.html
The game is also on steam and it has a trump and awoo emote.

Bump'

Does it have custom events? If so, it'd be arguably superior.

Any person autistic enough to ruin good fun in the name of their waifu shouldn't be allowed on the Internet.
I wonder how you sleep at night.

custom arena events like poison and shit, but not custom individual events
it's pretty jank right now

All it would need is some up to date meme events and it'll attract autism like flies.

it has a donald trump emoticon which has probably accounted for more than half of its sales

I remember participating in a couple of these threads last year before I got too busy to catch them while they were up. I recall hearing how they turned to shit over time, but hearing that it was rigged is a bit of a surprise.

Makes me wonder if pic related was rigged or not. This was probably one of the best games of the threads.

How easy is it to cap though? Or can people spectate?

I was thinking streaming

Fuck it, I'd watch.

Id watch this just to see the hijinks and salt people would have

Why not? How much does your average match take?

Not the same guy, but seeing how it can take 100 nominations id guess it take about an hour and a half

It was pretty fun at first but like all such things it went downhill pretty fast with weird annoying regulars and really prissy rulemakers.

Man, I missed these threads, glad they're coming back

I think it's fun, haven't found any games quite like it yet

Putting on my trip for a sec so you guys can know I'm the faggot reviving them on Friday. I look forward to making it.

I'm probably gonna do a test round tonight with the vee event code, but not make a thread for it. I also picked up Ultimate Arena like anons ITT recommended, so maybe I can stream that on Saturday too assuming normalfag problems don't get in the way. Hell, I might even change it to Retardy after the stream if you fags want.

I think it's gonna be dumb fun.

Around what time?

Friday at 8-9 EST.

Saturday stream maybe a little earlier if not the same time if at all.

I still have my nominee folder. Nominating these animu girls.

Already did a few months back, Axl was the winner.

………..

…………………………. Oh god. No. No not again please somebody stop this, I th-think I'm getting triggered, somebody stop this please, somebody stop it

somebody… stop… somebody…

SOMEBODY STOP ME