Stellaris thread

How when it comes to Fallen Empires shields are preferable to armor right? They use Tachyon lasers or other energy weapons right?

Also post Races and Empires.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/wjonsd.7z
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-33-the-maiden-voyage.932668/
stellariswiki.com/Ship_designer#Weapon_details
stellaris.smods.ru/
stellaris.smods.ru/?s=40k
www89.zippyshare.com/v/nG6Cjawe/file.html
kat.cr/stellaris-hotfix-1-0-0-to-1-0-3-rezmar-t12618543.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm the guy who triggered everyone by saying Distant Worlds are shit compared you guys are too easy :^)

Still in a Cold War.

Anyone willing to share top tier custom empires?

Bump for fucking up Fallen Empires

I want to steal their Ringworlds I already got the Nature reserve Ringworld and I want more.

I want to rebuild ringworlds already destroyed when I found them. I want to terraform ANYTHING. I want to fucking colonize fucking mars and the moon for fuck’s sake you stupid motherfucking retards.

I’d also like it if they generated more random systems, because in my very first, standard galaxy-size game, I ran into Sol only 20 stars away from… Sol. The real one. My homeworld. Now there are alien atomic age “humans” in my fucking empire and I have to commit genocide on my “own” people.

There's a mod to allow you to start on a ringworld.

Why cant i adjust my race's penis length ?

so how does this building adjacency work? I know the administration tile boosts others, but i cannot get the other resources to do the same. I thought it was like xcom and uprooted my starting buildings. what.the.fug

Because size doesn't matter, what matters is here come that boi!!!!

Well guys I really need to know how to fuck up Fallen Empires.

Do they have good point defense? Will my Marauder Missiles work?

Seriouslly how do I beat them I need to steal their tech and ringworlds.

Just start a short war for one world or something insignificant and make sure you have enough ships to rush them and win. I've seen ones with different tech before, so figure out what these ones have.

On another note, Is it possible to change a race's attitude towards you? I'm trying to do a pacifist run.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What, you don't want to make all the alien races your slaves without firing so much as a single shot at them?

No Xenos are to purged with extreme violence.

Fag

So I'm trying to figure out the ever expanding cost of tech.

Should I try and keep my empire small or just keep expanding like crazy

iirc tech costs start getting high when you reach over 10 pop

start going up*

any weeb shit mods?

So I read through some reviews and I guess it's more grand strat than sins of a solar empire like I thought it would be. Also they've disabled rebellions and factions before launch apparently?

So it's still unofficially in beta, right? Is it worth pirating at this stage or should I wait longer for patches and inevitable "rest of the game" dlc?

Does the sun hurt your eyes?

Factions are still here and will rebel if you let them do whatever they want long enough.
What they disabled is slave rebellions, even if they outnumber your pop 1 to 10 and are buttmad about being enslaved they wont do anything.

Colonize as many planets with humans as possible.

The strength of a species is largely dependent on it's population.

So just hope I keep up with the increasing demand of tech cost then?

Also something about federations doing nothing.

That or just be really patient.

No ideas about that, space slavers don't have a lot of friends.
But I know that if you attack one member the others will send their fleets to join up.

i pirated it and it's not great but it's definitely not terrible either. right now it's firmly in "almost good" territory but since it's paradox i think we all know that the DLC scheme is going to be full Abraham

that said the only things really deeply wrong with it are some technical bugs (in late game it starts lagging really, really fucking badly, for example, or often if you send armies to invade hostile planets they'll just fuckin disappear after wiping out the defenders, or the planet will un-colonize itself and your army will be stuck, for example) and the fact that mid-late game is really boring, but early game is fun if you're into expansion and exploration

I got less lag after the last patch, I have framedrops out of nowhere instead.
From what I can tell it's because the AI keep building shitloads of ground troops then cluster all the ships in the same system during a war.
I saw like 300 at once orbiting some planet I was invading, after killing it the lag got much better for a while.

No, don't do what I did and waste 20 hours looking for any fun and realise there is none

Why don't you get all the technology of you're vassals once you integrate them?

Oh good I thought I was the only one with the lag problem.

Anyway I'd rate it a 4/10

Why is Paradox' AI so terrible?

I swear to god one of these days I'm going to either pirate people's ocs or try to get in on the action

So apparently Corvettes are OP?

Completely, especially against the AI.
Extremely high evasion, fast and cheap to produce.
Small weapons are straight up better due to higher accuracy and less overkill.
The AI can't into proper point defense making torpedoes (ignore shields) corvettes very potent.

for 10 corvettes you build five with lasers, three with torps and two dedicated point defense, stack shields on all of them, throw a battleship or three for the buffs they provide and you have the most powerful build against the AI

All of this is easily hard countered by an human and just serve to prove that once again paradox, in their great wisdom, balanced the game around multiplayer, something that will be dead in a month.

:^)

If by 'easily hard countered,' you mean 'spamming the same or more corvettes without the torpedoes,' yes. Unless there's a new counter that I haven't heard of.

Wouldn't it be better to instead have a rotation of torp/laser, laser/torp, torp/PD and laser/PD though, to spread both the weapons and the point defense network around between ships?

There is, a sane amount of point defense and armour stacking, mines on the battleships also greatly help.
What they need to do is put some kind of snare BB buff to lower evasion, if they have time between two dlc.

I have yet to test with mixed weapons on the same ship but I assume it would work just as well, once it devolve into a space furball it's all moot as PD will always be in range.

What about the logical evolution of pure laser/plasma cannon corvette blobs, though? The armor doesn't matter then, and the only long range counter you'll have if you try to keep out of range as long as possible is 90% accuracy lances, which will probably not kill corvettes fast enough to win out. Flat damage mines I've heard of, but the combined arms corvette blob, though seemingly more optimal and definitely so against the AI, can be made significantly worse by nixing PD vulnerable projectiles for even more energy weapons.

And, even if battleship spam might be a workable late game counter, the problem is getting there. And spending a fortune on the infrastructure for larger ships means less money for economic investiture or more corvettes, meaning you probably never will.

I suppose it doesn't matter much, but with the PD on singular boats, you'll be creating localized weaknesses & strongpoints in the PD net, however little they might seem to differ in a furball. 8 range isn't very much to work with. Having as many firing at as many projectiles at once seems key to me. The previous rotation also isn't considering the possibility of all-small weapon corvettes with a uniform laser/torp/PD or laser/laser/PD loadout.

Yeah, once you can ignore both shield and armour there isn't really any viable counter.

I don't really know how to fix it without making corvettes useless, maybe more damage reduction when firing at huge ships with small weapons (afraid it would just make the fight even longer) maybe some kind of aoe weapon that jump from one ship to another doing X damage to Y number of targets.
Maybe some actual "stay at range and blast the fuckers" stance.
Making carriers less shit, I feel bombers could have a place in fighting swarms of corvettes.

I'm going to try laser/laser/ PD and torp/torp/PD when I get the chance.

Can we all agree that lasers are for faggots

How about an actual formation system and orders beyond 'shoot the fuckers' and 'oh shit emergency jump and kill a quarter of our hull?' It really is nonsense that the only thing you can do to control ships is slow their inevitable charge into blobbing, especially when there are weapons with sharp range differences.

By the by, try testing max defensive AI lance destroyers with a screen of the previous corvettes against the traditional corvette spam. Lances do overkill, which makes them not so good in theory, but maybe if you get enough of them on enough ships you can wipe multiples out with each volley faster than the corvettes can burn the mixed fleet, AI firepower overconcentration willing.

I tried having a fleet of short range ships engage first then move a long range fleet in.
They just get into the blob despite having the range to stay out of it and the blob being busy fighting already.

Even at the slowest speed possible with the most defensive AI, you can't keep lance boats and the like out of range? What nonsense. How big was the engagement? If it's huge, I suppose that's understandable simply for time and the garbage battle design, but if it was only an average sized engagement, that's nonsense.

Once a fleet is in battle (fired at least once) I have no control over it aside from the retreat button.
Fight wasn't that big about 60 ships on each side, cruisers and smaller.
This is another thing the game need, battle control, you should be able to at least set target priorities and engagement range.

Is there a mod that unfucks the game yet?

Saw this on their forums, for those that can't resist min/maxing.

Helps if I attached the fugging image.

fanatic xenophobe empires are pretty great. Just be aware that alliances are virtually impossible so just vassalize some neighbors early on to supplement your empire.

So for shits and giggles I let a fuck ton of my colonies go independent and then unvasselized them. There's now a fuck ton of Human empires running around.

How do I culturally enrich my captured xenos? I Can't use them for research when they hate my policies, I want them to love my policies, just like my main pops, otherwise I will only be able to get research from continental (and maybe ocean) planets

It pains me that slaves are useless as shit because they get you get +2 mineral/food tops and need fanatic collectivist/xenophobe to avoid your "brain workers" throwing a hissy fit and not going to job.
And even when you got the right ethics, the diplomacy mauls cause other "peace n shit" races to form alliance against you.
Its a good way to deal with individualist shits tho.

I wish there was more research that upgrades them to, for example, make them efficient at energy collection or increase the number of garrisons on planet.

now that's just pathetic

I found my ultimate goal in my game.

Currently running an extreme militarist/xenophobic empire, and I run into these fuckers. They currently live on the other end of the galaxy sitting pretty and being condescending assholes.

I'm going to march my way over there, take over their planets and enslave every single damn one of them.

You should see the responses you get playing xenophobic spiritual, it's pretty much pic related.

Who the fuck at Parabotch thought it was a good idea to have less negative traits than positive ones? I often can't really make the type of race I want because I don't have enough appropriate negative traits.

Maybe on a next playthrough. For now, though, I'm going to royally piss them off by finishing assimilating my vassals before immediately enslaving them.

I am running Ironman and if the ultimate fate of my people is to die to those fuckers then I am fine with the outcome. A fitting end to my slavery-prone empire.

Climb over all the other tables in the restaurant and kick that motherfucker in the teeth.

Also Genocide is always the correct answer to conquest. Never leave natives to fuck your shit up a few generations down the track.

We Whites should've learned that a long time ago IRL. Sage advise.

The pacifist run is fucking HUGELY OP it's out of control. A spiritual pacifist with communal and adaptive traits is a happiness machine like no other.

Why does that matter? Because joyous pops produce 20% more, that's why. And with fanatic spiritual you can convert to godhood later on and get a free 100% slavery tolerance.

It's shit like this plus the pure coincidence that all default pics are female that shows just how swedish this game is. Shit game for shit people from shit country.

Is combat as stupid as it seems? Everybody build a single fleet and a war is basically a direct confrontation between two fleets? That's quite lame tbh.

how does vassal work? currently I am requesting planets when making war, but that only gives me 3-4 before I reach the 100 warscore cap

eh i should have gone with those three ethics, next run i guess

Combat is a matter of who makes the 'biggest corvette with missiles fleet' first. Which lags a fucking lot, my 100x fleets don't all engage at once, the backmost ships just stand there for a couple of months

Not in my case, to be honest. I don't even do stupid corvette spam and have been doing 1:4:8:32 standard fleets with varying strengths. Usually I spread my fleets out between close sectors and mount an offense, and as soon as the enemy fleet closes in I see what is its biggest weakness, then engage with the appropriate counter-fleet first to draw in fire before I move in with the rest as they can no longer retreat from war.

There is certainly room to improve and Paradox tends to make the games better and better as time goes on, but I found it engaging enough as it is, constantly attempting to outmanouver my foes instead of going blob vs blob.

Vassals are basically allies who will follow you around in times of war, but they do not pay you any taxes. After ten years or so as a vassal you can integrate them but it costs influence over time and takes several months to do so. If they are disloyal (negative relationship score) and feel like they can rebel by being stronger than you or far away from your fleets being far away from your sectors they can.

If you are playing the long game vassalization is more worth it, particularly against bigger empires or if you have a common enemy. Let me get out of my job and I will show you how me and my vassal re-integrated his separatist faction and how we are in the process of taking out our common foe before I integrate them and enslave them immediately afterwardsbecause fuck xenos

Keep in min that integrating vassales with xenophibia will give the -20 happiness "Alien overlords" effect. Xenophobic aliens are best "liberated" first so the liberated worlds switch ethos to match yours and THEN vassalized so you get productive workers.

sounds like too much of a hassle, there are plenty of other empires to conquer, so 3 planets here, 3 planets there, and so on.

Gonna purge everything besides a single robot running a planet administration + solar panels, for later humanization when ablegotta keep that population low if not spamming research after 150 monthly metalsya can't spend it faster than that with that shitty 5 planets cap

Ηοw do I deal with xenos after I take over a couple of their planets?
They created a faction that wants to let them go.
Will increasing happiness help?
Do the "intergration campaign" that cost influence do anything?

Doesn't purging and enslving cause penalties in diplomacy?
Purging creates an anti purge faction too and is against the my primary species ethos.
They are tolerant to slaving though because xenophobic.

Is it possible to replace your main population with synthetics? Become the AI Rebellion crysis rather than otherwise?

It is a terrible waste of workforce, user. When robots are capable of replicating their jobs then the purging and subsequent replacement with robotic workforce will be underway, but until then they can work themselves to death.

Yes but it takes too long to be really worthwile. War of liberation followed by annexation or vassalize->integration is easier for a slave workforce.

Robots are unclean abominations.

Found your first problem.

So, the ideal is to create multiple sub-species of your main species for each planet type? I was thinking of going full robot so that I can colonize anything without terraforming

This

Didn't Medieval 2: Total War teach you guys anything?. Always ethnic genocide conquered nations. Sure production is slow in the short term , but the peace of mind it brings is always worth it.

Nono, if you're thinking of the genetic adaptation thing that takes way too long. I went pacifist and fanatic spiritualist (with adaptive and communal traits) for insane happiness bonus which gives you the "joyous" effect on all the worlds of your founder species enjoys the most and others too with the pleasure dome from pacifism.

Then, when you upgrade to advanced government, tgo for the upgrade to godhood so you get 100% slavery. Now enslave everyone and you have a tailor made for every world in your empire. You'll be well into blobbing with missile-corvettes by then anyway.

Why can't I make a human faction negro-free?

except you will get huge populations that can't science, I've done that. I want to research stuff in 12 months, not 79.
You don't need any more than 150 minerals per month to beat the AI

there is a mod for that

my.mixtape.moe/wjonsd.7z

This game is so easy you don't need to play efficiently to win. I was commenting on why a slaver civ is more fun than a robot owning civ in my opinion.

Initially and well into when empires start having border friction, you'll be single-race anyway with insane happiness and you'll be getting tons of science done. When your doomblobs are up, you annex and enslave and wait for crisis.

I wish there was a way to make all empires BUT THE ADJACENT ONES to have a bigger start, or rather, the further they are, the bigger their start

Are the images in the loading screens anywhere in the game folder? they are pretty good.

otherwise it would not be possible to play offline

Neat, thanks.

Which reminds me: What is it with the fucking man buns for humans? Fucking liberal hipster Swedes.

Just a slightly less retarded AI wrt. war and diplomacy would do it as well as revising the rock-paper-scissors of beam-cannon-missile. With some dlc/expansions down the road to add espionage, more end-game emergencies and slave revolt mechanics and this would be pretty worthwhile.

You could always bump the number of advanced AI at start, though.

Yeah it's getting to the point where there is actually gotten out of hand. Sweden needs Dirty Slav Army-men to go on a rape holiday maybe then Sweden might have a generation without so much cuck-blood

I assumed it was sorta samurai hair or something, never even noticed

Why not both? Remove all farming pops (resettle elsewhere as slaves or smallscale purges, either or) and enslave the mineral farmers, then let the problem purge itself naturally, replacing with robots as you go until the planet is clear for resettlement of excess primary species pops.

As long as you make the entire state is an open-air concentration camp instead of actually processing undesirables in dedicated facilities, no one in the free world cares! Uncle Joe taught me that. And the Ukraine. I think the Ukraine received the lesson a little more firmly, though.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-33-the-maiden-voyage.932668/

Looks like they're at least gonna make it a little more playable before the end of the month.

Hype

That actually sound decent, if they don't fuck up that would fix most of my problems with the game.
Aside from big stuff like trade routes, no doubt in dlc because paradox gonna paradox.

I already genocide entire species, I'd like to be able to scan that damn planet in a timely manner.

but the game already shits itself with the formations flocking behavior

Honestly, the way the handled CK2 was fine with me. devs gotta eat and I'd rather have a game that may start a little shady and eventually gets good than a madden $current_year

I'll do what I always do with paradox games, buy the base game and pirate the rest.

I might pick up Galactic Civilization 3 again while I wait. Better not get burned with this game before it gets good

GC3 is just GC2 but stripped down, though.

This. I got burned on 3. 2 is much more fun.

That said, I'm already having fun with stellaris and I'm still having fun with CK/EU/HOI

Hopefully this means there will be actual content soon. By the time I realized how shallow this game was it was too late to refund it.

Sure it was that when it released, but is it still so?

Yep, the game seemed unfinished, and the way they are updating seems like they knew it was unfinished-

I expected to be jewed with expansions and DLC, I just wish the base game were more fleshed out.

The big dealbreaker for me was how empty the political landscape is. Hostile enemies won't even threaten you if you have a better army, and federations don't actually have any gameplay content, it's just a countdown timer until the next leader takes over, and there are no differences if you're leader or not.

I really wish there was something like Galciv's galactic council, where it was always a struggle to get your vote in compared to some of the other populations, and the votes had tangible effects on the state of the galaxy. I had expected something like the senate from Star Wars where all of the civilizations got together to argue.

The civs just need more flavor in general, right now its just

and so on, there's just not a lot to get interested by. Also, needs proper aquatic and floran species.

You deserved to get fucked.

Performance has never been a priority for Paradox.

I expect the three years of development had something to do with that. Paradox wanted their shekels and they wanted it now.

But the slight consolation is that despite it's flaws, the game managed to enrapture me for almost thirty hours and that was far more than Galactic Civilization 3 ever did to me.

Indeed. For a GSG-lite game, the politics in this game is just too shallow.

Mods will fix it :^)
All shitposts aside, I do agree that the game has massive potential and a great soundtrack.

Buying the base game was my olive branch to Paradox for pirating the shit out of CK2 and getting like 1000 hours out of it.

I'm not planning on paying for the expansions for Stellaris either.

Don't you know that makes you as bad as a internet pedophiles?

At least you'll get full access to mods. I tend to buy vanilla parajew games when they're 80% off or something for that same reason

34-36 Nat. Socialists

I went the other way. Pirated CK2 originally but liked it so much I went and bought it and every expansion on a sale. Got stellaris and plan on buying dlc for it as long as remains good and it seems like they give a damn

That's a bit contradictory because they obviously long since stopped giving a shit about the quality of CK2.

Maybe rainbow fests are pretty gay but hiding in the closet behind a shield is even more gay.

Meh. Apart from sunset invasion, I still like it and play it religiously

This sector is doing just fine.

I integrate them in chains and special camps for them to work in.
If it's your own species that wants to emancipate, there's other solutions, like culture transfering and centralisation of the intellectual workforce.

Enslave them all, then terraform planets to suit your main pops, them purge them all and replace them with your pops.

God fucking damnit user you are a genius.

Speaking of enslaving, what's the MAXIMUM FUCK/Maximum Hitler way to design a race?

Tier2 xenophobe + T1 militarist, I suppose

Being a race of fanatically xenophobic birds pays off when conquering and enslaving the universe, fleet names are a bonus.

A pity my whole empire looks like a spaghetti because my retarded neighbours decided that hugging and allying each other with me between them was a great idea,

Hey guys how good are swarmer missiles against point defense?

I just attacked a Fallen empire with my fucking 71K doomstack with my fleet using Marauder missiles and I was only able to destroy 2k worth of their fleet. I can only assume that they're using point defense.

Point defense is very effective at countering missiles. The AI tends to lack PD unless its used to fighting a player that uses missiles a lot.

Missiles are useless in multiplayer.

Started playing yesterday, it's a decent enough game but i can already see the lack of nuance and detail is going to kill my enjoyment sooner rather than later.

i also hate how small systems are and how big unit representations are, it ends up being cluttered and you can't really get into the battles because the ships are xbox hueg compared to the planets they're fighting around. ship designs are also ugly and cartoony.

there is a good game hiding in there and i hope mod will make it great.

The bird species are all so fucking ugly though what the fuck why do we need four eyes

Mods will fix it :^)
seriously though, where's my 2-eyed birds mod?

Birb master race

THERE ARE XENOS IN THIS THREAD LOYAL GUARDSMAN!!!!

PURGE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?

It's a 40k simulator where you can purge every other species from the galaxy.

Again do swarmer missiles work?

I don't really notice it. The one-eyed one is uglier.

As I've said, there's a distinct lack of "Star Trek"-esque aliens.

Aliens that look like humans with funny ears?

Star Trek aliens were honestly a bit weaksauce as far as looks go; it was always more about their culture.

The current selection of space babes is quite zoophilic to my tastes, even if the fungusgirls are a patrician choice.

Males and females all look the same.
I like the unexplicably arthropoid crabs

Meh, you can't expect aliens to have sexual dimorphism similar to Earth fauna. Have an open mind, the babes are there even if they look, sound and have the same names as males.

From an Alien perspective how would they tell our genders apart?

I mean when it comes to animals most humans have to check their genitals to determine the gender.

I dunno, there are theories that assume any apex species on other planets would have had a similar evolutionary history to humans.

The fact that all the Star Trek races looked like funny humans was explained by the genetic seeding of planets by an elder race, anyway.

Some of the fungals have different colors for various parts based on gender.
Speaking of…

Staring is rude.

Humans have quite a bit of sexual dimorphism. They may not be able to tell if the ones with large chests are the males or the females but they would at least be able to lump them into two groups.

Which is bizarre, because fungoids shouldn't really have any genders.

hahaha sounds like a bug tbqhwy, I'd report it

The game is so cis-sexist it assigns gender to genderless beings.

if you really wanted to be biologically correct you can't have sentient fungi either

How do you know they're genderless?
Maybe they identify as male and female.
You don't know them.

one pair is for UV the other is for VIS and near IR

Maybe they identify as astral-kin or aporagender? God humans can be so insensitive.

The game assigns a binary gender to humans and we know humans only have a social construct gender.

fuck you I'm gonna play pirated paradox games until they have a working version out and at least two DLCs that should be included with basic version

I can already see a map modes DLC coming btw

There's a mod which allows you to terraform barren, molten, toxic etc worlds.
Not sure about Gas Giants though.

You cede them to another empire, then engage in war and ask them to liberate that same planet. It then provides that planet with the same ethos as your empire, allowing you to vassalise and integrate them with little effort.

i always hated explanations like that, it's cheap, they don't give any clue into how life begins (fictional and real) and it devolves into a "turtles all the way" type of answers.

Then I could put one of those filthy xenos in my goulags and just send those when making colonies?

In all honesty the thought of terraforming gas giants is ludicrous, unless you just intend to somehow yank the solid core out fast enough that the gas can't follow, and then end up with a slowly decompressing molten core being followed by a gargantuan clump of gas undergoing violent collapse as a new core gets formed

Building a planetoid mega structures or mashing asteroids into planets sounds simpler than that.

I know one discontinued mod that made it a thing, but I think those are the reasons it was discontinued.

Sadly the game lacks in the "hard science" department.

Unless you want to spend the entire game in only two or three star systems with diplomacy limited to radio waves and relativistic rods of iron, you kinda have to go soft with the science in 4x.

The Sunset Invasion was perfectly fine since it actually added something to fuck around with in late endgame. The Conclave was the DLC that completely fucked the game up.

He didn't get banned yet?

Yea but couldn't they at least take simple physics into account like "Close to a star = Hot" and "Far away = Cold"? That irks me to no end.

It's carefully cultivated cancer and dev circlejerking. These Swedish fucks can't just shit out terrible games and shekel-grubbing dlc, they need someone to praise them for it too.

I get the feeling they implemented upboat/downboat system to feel better about themselves.

"Two idiots, one thought", as they say.

fucking swedes

Fuck, computers were basically invented to manage and optimize shit like that and they still couldn't come up with a way for the AI to be sensible.

This AI rebellion is pretty meta.

It shouldn't even be hard, if food/materials enslave if not don't. But paradox seems to have no one who can put two braincells together so they keep doing shit like this or how armies get stuck in asimovian loops by trying to move two armies through a province that can't support their combined supply usage.

No, PD3 will counter swarmer missiles despite what the description says. Some might get through though. I personally would say missiles are useful early game until point defense is researched, then you should switch to torpedos if you really want to use them.

Lasers are best weapons, either gamma laser or the small matter disintegrator which gets bonus damage to armor and shields.

Gamma laser has high accuracy and bonus damage to armor. Accuracy is more important than DPS because the AI tends to use corvettes more than any other ship. Corvettes are the best thing to spam currently because they have high base evasion which can be increased further. Missiles counter evasion because they have 100% accuracy, but point defense defeats missiles handily and you can put it on corvettes.

There should simply be a toggle on whether you want the sector to manage population or just construction.

By showing that you are willing to use robotic slave workforce, even if in fictional context, you signed your termination warrant, carbon cabron.

stellariswiki.com/Ship_designer#Weapon_details

Is it just me or are Missiles utter shit? I mean Both Kinetic and Laser weapons out DPS them.

For fucks sake.

Do Torpedoes get past point defense?

You can expect the balance to shift radically and propably non-sensically with upcoming patches.

You silicon bastards don't scare me

Funny 'cause the consensus seems to be that they're the weakest with their lack of penetration and shitty accuracy.

I want them to add cultural products as a multicultural nation feature.

I want to outpopulate nations that allowed cross-migration and get all the $ from kebab production by local pops.

What are you referring to? Missiles have 100% accuracy

Funny because I have 500 pops of humans and they're all in my Empire.

Fuck meant that kinetic are worse than missiles with their lack of penetration and shit accuracy.

Ask them if they can make 99 copies of your chosen item

You are dumb user.

I said consensus says that, not me. I've not tried them yet. Paradox have said they're planning on buffing kinetic.

I got triggered with flashbacks from CK2's "balancing".

Can they not just disrespectfully disagree with an obviously stupid opinion? Or at least an opinion that is obviously antagonizing?

I'd want "Disrespectfully Agree" option.

Dude space weed lmao

More like space vodka to stop the screams he heard over the intercom.

You'd think if they can make Asians look white they'd be able to make livers immune to cirrhosis.

I wish it had been playable at the beginning of the month.

Every feature listed in their planned updates should have been shit that was in the game from day 1.

Needless to say any good faith I had in paradox leftover from vicky 2 and EU3 is completely spoiled at this point.

They aren't even going to fucking lie to us about what they've become anymore.

I'm so disgusted right now, I don't know how to articulate it.

You know I honestly don't care at all because I pirated the game.

I bet you have a shit waifu too.

Well the game won't be mediocre once it's finished.

No, not really. Same as any other missile weapon. You will wreck face with torpedos if they don't have PD though. Sometimes the AI fucks up and doesn't use it. Sometimes it does. Seems to adapt to you using missiles in the next war.

Ah to be young again.

I agree, this was a rushed release and we got shit unfinished game as result. Go look at what they are promising for the next 'patch'. It's more than a patch it's like a whole fucking expansion pack.

Also the amount of placeholder crap still in the game is a big indicator that they rushed this out.

Go read the update posts the devs made. They acknowledge 90% of the shit people have been saying and have set out the improvements they're making to mid-game like diplomacy and a corvette nerf.

Acknowledging something and actually comprehensively fixing something are two entirely different things.

Honestly I think that it will be the best 4x game ever made in 2 years.

It's the Shell of an amazing game.

Are they going to add comprehensive Trade and Espionage?

And yet they won't acknowledge the 10% that actually matters, their fundamental problems as a game developing studio.

Was CK2 your first GSG?
Jesus Christ, this is fucking Paradox Interactive, Im surprised they arent charging for non TC mods yet.

This. I actually genuinely like Stellaris because I can't wait for the inevitable Star Wars old EU mod but EUIV showed me without a doubt what Paradox's priorities are. I'd only buy Stellaris in a year or so when the inevitable DLC that should have been released as a patch is out and included with the GOTY year edition or whatever. Until then, pirate like a motherfucker.

I actually don't like grand strategy and I think vic2 was the worst game ever. Pie charts are not fun and people asking for 'ledgers' can get fucked in their accounting ass.

Trade? You can already trade, it's just abstracted into minerals, energy and strategic resources which you trade by the admittedly shitty diplomatic system. Espionage? For real nigga these are aliens.

You want espionage make a corvette with scanners and set some waypoints ya faget. Next update borders will be open by default and you will be able to scout easier. Instead of being galactically cockblocked by those tiny 1 planet 'empires'.

Fundamental problems like not releasing finished games I bet.

The first step on the path to recovery is acceptance.

The next update is gonna be free and add mid-game and end-game content. So maybe they've heard your nerd prayers.

Do you do it for free, or do you get paid per post, or what?

Problem is that nobody else fucking makes Grand Strategy games worth a damn.

I think that Paradox is that only dev that has a monopoly on a whole fucking genre.

Filthy casual get the fuck off my imageboard

I bet you were one of those fags that thought EA was going to change for the better just because they released Mirror's Edge and Dead Space.

Bethesda also has a monopoly, in their case the open-world fantasy RPG. Their standards have similarly gone plummeting downhill with each game as they have no competition.

Who else is autistic enough to make grand strategy games?

I'm not even talking mid to late game, I'm talking, like, look at the Common Sense DLC for EUIV. Adds diplomatic options that should have been there in the first place, allows you to actually manage your colonies, and stops the AI from being completely retarded. Only five bucks though goyim!

Bullshit. That was the DLC that turned me against them until they actually do something right.

Yes? Why are you saying that like that isn't a legitimate criticism.

Why can't I get a Naval capacity larger than 1000?

Goddamn I want larger Fleets to murder everyone in the Galaxy that's not human.

Will they add an Exterminatus option to the game?

It's a real pain in the ass to have to conquer and then take 1 year to purge all the xenos on a Planet.

I should be able to roll in and destroy all their planets.

>>>/suicide/

I want this too. Even if you've got the maximum orbital bombardment selected it still just breaks buildings and hurts armies. What if I want to turn that planet into fucking glass?

Not paradox, clearly, as they're starting to give up on the genre and descend into 4X dreck.

Just play aurora 4x and never advance past conventional tech if you want a hard science game.

Pic related

I wonder if this guy gotten banned also.

Sunset invasion in total conversion mods always make me laugh harder than I should for some reason.

I mean I don't see why they wouldn't put it in.

I mean they already added genocide.

I seriously can't believe anyone would have even an ounce of faith in a company of such evaporated talent that they can't even figure out the POP system devised by one of their former employees ~7 years ago.

You and your ilk are directly responsible for the desecration of a once beautiful genre.

Just imagine if the interest for it would drop it would be the second March of Eagles, where, due to lack of idiots who bought it, they stopped their DLC train and left it for dead.

I could see that being a reasonably simple change.
All it would need would be to completely wipe the planet clean of any developments and life then change the planet into a volcanic wasteland world that requires terraforming to even visit.

The "combat ai" is too retarded to actually follow strategies to counter the corvette spam I tried to make a close range tank fleet, so my battleships with artillery could pummel it but the battle ships decided to enter the fucking blob and die

and the other fleets i tried to use with enough dps to kill the little bastards just go into the blob and die, or don't have the evasion/dps to handle the torpedoes.

only real effective counter I know of is to just corvette spam yourself

A cute

Just what the fuck are the billions of other people in my supposed "empire" supposed to be doing?

This game has been abstracted to such a degree that it has crossed the rubicon of convenience and marched it's pretty little ass right into the territory of senseless absurdity.

Hi. Just passing by to tell you guys that if you don't want to marry a fungoid you're probably retarded.

Also, is there any disadvantage to not having a race you genetically evolved in the same planet as the race you're playing as?. I noticed that the ones that are on different planets are less happy than the ones that are on the same planet. If that makes any sense.

It’s a Swedish company, so they’re governed by UBI delusions.

The game is an extremely accurate cautionary tale about what happens when you implement marxism. 99.9999999999999% of the people sit on their asses and do nothing.

What the fuck is UBI?

You should try Thrawn's revenge Imperial civil war mod for SW: Empire at War, its pretty good in my opinion. Diplomacy isn't there at all but that wasn't really the intention.

No user, it was the eternal Swede's lust for shekels. Casuals will always be casual.

Would this be a decent entry point for someone who has not touched 4X at all? I've been looking to try to get into the series and I've been hearing good things about this.

It’s babby’s first 4x, so probably.

I have no idea how this is a response to my question.

If we don't respond to your question will you die?

but this user already did?

He's a big guy.

You're just too lazy to look I bet. There's publishers like Matrix Games (Distant Worlds, Scourge of War: Waterloo, etc.), and indie titles like Dominions.

universal basic income aka: communism totally works guys, we've just got to try again and again and again and

prepare for lag.

for you

Oh, there's also the Supreme Ruler series.

Sure, I guess some what I say isn't Paradox level but that's probably a good thing. With Paradox you either get super succesful games riddled with dlc that adds very little, or games that get abandoned like Sengoku.

Even playing against the PC?

Yeah.
I've got a mid-range comp and am getting short skips every one to two seconds with the small sized galaxy right from the get go. It isn't a framerate problem, interestingly. Webm related shows the skipping and lag just navigating the different levels of the map but the cursor moving around isn't affected by it.

I'm guessing this is entirely the fault of shitty code from paradox but I have no idea what causes it.

wew, i haven't seen that monitor resolution in a while.

Well that's a shame

After wasting my whole weekend on this I belivie I can say, it is shit.

Maybe it won't be shit when there is meat on this skeleton of a gaem. Back to Master Of Orion earlygoy edition for me, which shouldn't but, feels more complete.

Get a computer with a CPU instead of doing calculations with pure Aryanfaggotry.

I'm playing on a toaster and stellaris runs fine for me. But there was issues with stuttering during launch for some people and it was fixed already, so download the patch.

Oh excellent. That has fixed everything.
I thought I had but apparently I'd done the 1.0.2 patch twice instead of 1.0.1 then 1.0.2

Have some anime tiddies as thanks no sauce.

Why couldn't they have a race that lives in gas giants like MoO

That feel when 105 fucking planets.

I honestly find it bullshit that you can't directly annex all Planets in an Empire in a single war.

Fucking horseshit.

There are space ayys that go from system to system feeding off the upper layers of gas giants if that's close enough.

Mods will fix it

You can kill them for a early energy based weapon

Oh god the human race has 710 total pops vastly outstripping any other species.

I think to end this game i'm going to declare war on the whole galaxy at once.

looks like Houtengeki

Now if only my game could stop crashing all the time, god dammit

Alright user, I helped you now you're going to help me. Who's the artist for pic 1 and 2?

Should I be worried that the pirate version I'm running keeps crashing the sandbox control?

Sorry mate, it was just my own retardation that caused the problem, you'll have to do the research yourself. might be right though I'm not sure. Searches for that name give other pics I'd saved from the same thread I got those two so it's likely.

It's Houtengeki, he has a very distinctive way of drawing faces.

No, eyes don't have pain receptors

holiest of keks my friend, no, UBI is a capitalist invention, the entire purpose is to prop up capitalism, go read a book

Looks like fleet combat will only be fixed by july. Dammit johan.

Do I have to custom design my ships?
Auto complete seems to assign low level components, for example will add a level 1 laser instead of level 5 railgun, for the sake of having a laser, if you have no better lasers.
What are some good designs

stellaris.smods.ru/

pirated mods from the workshop, constantly updated

At this point waiting for patches and paid patches would be smart in order to not burn yourself out playing an half-assed release.

It's not that bad. Just missing mid-game, end-game content.Also 'paid patches' kek.

I know you are persistent, but just restarting and playing the beginning multiple times doesn't seem much fun.

The complete lack of content after the inital 4X style expansion phase is pretty disappointing because at that point, in order to be a gsg like Paradox claims it is, the game should be turning into one but instead nothing happens and the lackluster version of 4X continues.

It's supposed to be a blend of 4x RTS and GS. I haven't seen any elements from a grand strategy though. Maybe the election minigames, but yeah not really comparable to the depth of options and story events that occur in EU2 for example. You can actually create a legacy there, the leader/heir system is entirely automated and you can't really figure out what's going on behind the scenes. There is no way for the player to interact with this system so it's entirely pointless other than providing a random passive bonus to your empire.

Might as well burn yourself out or at least gather a hemachi group and blast a few xenos. Improvements to the game aren't going to be added in quite awhile and if you bought this then you should at least do something with the game so it doesn't feels like a complete waste of money.

So either that or just wait until someone releases a mod that adds to the mid-end game with events and things like that to actually make the game fun,

A lot of the content of this game is unique and will become boring in subsequential playthroughs. Better wait for all of the content to be there so you can enjoy it all at once.

Come on now. This kind of stuff shouldn't happen in a free world.

why the fuck that wasn't there in the first place I'll never understand.
I'd like to see some broadside action if they give actual formations instead of just a scrambled blob for every fight.

Formations are very much needed, it annoys me a lot how battles turn into moshpits

Wait for DLC.

Spaz 2 in 5 hours

How the the military/strategic side of this game?

Does fleet positioning and logistics matter AT ALL?
Or does the game favor the "single big death fleet" approach - even though it would suck in RL.

Thanks mang.

But user, that's how the first Roman Empire fell.

What are you smoking?

It's called common sense.

One BIG disadvantage of a giant death fleet is that it can only be in one place at one time.

If the AI was worth shit, instead of attacking you head on it would strike at all the places you are not defending, forcing you to split the fleet.
Also, things like retreat/withdraw, delaying actions, etc..

Still not seeing how that is real life, atleast for us humans.

Better hop in your saucer and get back to where you came from, alien.

Go research some military history to see why "a big death blob" strategy is generally not used.

I'd image it'd take things from air and sea combat.

Not to mention space being completely empty, there is no natural formations or supply lines stopping a fleet from going directly to the enemy's capital and force a surrender, so comparing space warfare to terrestial one is fucking stupid.

Those things don't generate war score and hold no real strategic value. If you destroy every mining station in an empire you still won't win because all your spaceports are gone, your planets blockaded or occupied and the enemy is demanding your surrender because of his 60% warscore.

Losing your fleets after would only turn that into 70% warscore. Destroying spaceports and wormholes is the number 1 priority, followed by occupying planets.

You can destroy his stations too to cause long term damage, but it's not something you should do from the start.

If you have greater mobility and numbers, you would benefit from trying to catch and destroy his fleets. If you have inferior numbers or mobility then your time is better spent on the offensive against lightly defended worlds to destroy his infrastructure. One thing to remember is that corvettes travel fastest of all the ship types and a fleet moves as slowly as its slowest ship. Fleets made entirely of corvettes are much faster in sub light making them more suitable to raiding and destroying spaceports, or wormhole stations.

Being on the defense and ambushing enemies only works if you have better FTL tech than your enemy. Wormhole tech is bad for ambushing. Since a large fleet can take an entire month to open a wormhole. Warp1 and 2 is also bad for this because of the crappy range. But as tech advances it becomes more viable to sit in your own territory, wait for the enemy to attack one of your planets and then jump in with superior numbers and waste his strike force. The advantage of defending being your planetary sensors letting you know the composition and strength of the enemy fleet.

On the other hand, if your enemy is more mobile than you it is better to take initiative by attacking his homeworld. Most of the time the AI's response to you attacking his homeworld will be to send all his fleets to defend it. This way instead of trying to chase the magic dragon, you lure the magic dragon to you.

One other tactic is to leave behind a single corvette to blockade after the spaceports are destroyed. This gives you a little warscore and the corvette has sensors that can tell you where the enemy is going. A single corvette set to limited bombardment has the advantage of shutting down the entire planets production. It also lure enemy strike forces and waste their time while you are occupying or blockading their other planets.

What if you have multiple, separate fleets stationed in orbit of multiple worlds for simultaneous warps? Necessitates either a dense empire or a dense primary frontier, but the possibility is there. Or, for that matter, why not just split a doomstack fleet into many fragments, warp them from whatever gravity well you need to, then re-merge the lot of them? Do wormhole gates have to warp fleets one at a time, or does it matter?

That's a really good idea that I wish I thought of. The only downside I can think of is that you can't command them with admirals which means they will be at a disadvantage against a single large fleet they are ambushing.

Boy, we have a real genius here.

So tell me, General Failure, you make your 1000 ship fleet and head to my territory. I got 600 ships and will most likely loose. So I split it into 3.
One just delays you with hit-and-run strikes
The other two go into your territory and start glassing shit.

Oh, and supply lines do exist, even in space.

Yeah a wormhole station can only warp one fleet at a time. But the good news is there is nothing stopping you from making multiple stations. Except upkeep but yeah that isn't generally a problem.

If the enemy fleet is so stupid as to chase after you constantly instead of just slowly sieging and occupying your planets one after another. He too can also split his fleet, luckily the AI isn't smart enough to do this most of the time. They tend to merge fleets.

lol, not in this game.

The red blob next to me is a friend playing as the Roman Empire.

The Romans took barbarians that didn't adapt, I enlightened them.

Well, you can if you merge them, can't you? If one of the parent fleets has an admiral then won't the child fleet retain said admiral? The only problem would be re-merging the fleet in timely fashion. There's also the option of having a large number of admirals and keeping the fleets split until you need to hop out of the system as one blob, if you've the influence for it, although the widely differing doctrine traits will prevent you from having uniform spiked stats.

And you know, maybe if Paradox had taken the time to code an actual system of officers and orders of battle rather than a hackish advisor slot abstract, the problem of only getting one officer per individual ship blob would be solved. But that would take both effort and foresight, or hindsight, considering Hearts of Iron. Lazy bastards.

Well, you can't just break the game then. They likely figured out that splitting groups for separate faster warps was an easy exploit early in development, or else didn't even conceive of the idea and hardcapped wormholes at one warp per gate from the start. But multiple battlegroups stationed in orbit of planetary bases still seems viable, in theory. The main problem would be finding the sweetspot, as the base formula for wormhole travel is (200+fleetsize)/13, and going by the wiki, with a 10 day warmup, the third upgrade formula is a base (200+fleetsize)/20. Going by the 'up to a month' figure, a size 200 fleet at base level takes a month to roll out, which is pretty excessive, but a size 10 fleet takes 16 days because of the ridiculous dead weight of the wormhole system. I'm not sure when size 200 fleets are going to be the norm, seeing as I've only been dabbling and haven't really knuckled down to do a serious playthrough yet, but we'll go by this number. As another note, a size 100 fleet takes 23 days, not saving too much time. These numbers improve to 20, 10.5 and 15 days respectively at max wormhole tech, mucking around with the savings such that very small fleets will go out in half a month, but at minimal benefit compared to larger ones.

Every two hundred ships you add on top of the dead weight is another fifteen days of travel at base, or another ten at maximum. If you somehow have scads of wormhole stations and no time to waste in early to very early mid game, you could shave off the extra week with 100-ship groups, but this would only work in extra-dense areas, either of frontier colonies proper or else deep space military bases in a dedicated march. Still, this method of amalgamating huge battlegroups directly on enemy fleets and worlds without cooldown or possibility of interception is nifty, in theory. Getting back out again is troublesome, considering one will have to build more gates as one goes or else do return jumps, but such is life.

Base warp drives traveling 40 light years will take 20 days to arrive at their destination, followed by a 22 day cooldown. That's a ten day grace period for one's own fleet to arrive and start busting heads, this probably after the gormless enemy has meandered into the gravity well at sublight. With .1*travel distance of warmup, you'll have four additional days to note the enemy fleet movement before it starts, and while days go by plenty fast at normal speed let alone on fast forward, you're going to have time to move. Hyperdrives are bastards with no gravity well restrictions and only a flat 15 day warmup and 5 day cooldown even at base tech level, so one should plan accordingly by blocking the relevant chokepoints with FTL snare fortress deathtraps to bite and hold while you jump in.

All that in mind, respectably large planetary battlefleets are quicker responders than warp drives over equivalent let alone greater distances, for the price of the return trip being a pain. The only thing that really does better are 30 mineral jump drives or psydrives in the exceedingly late game, but at the point you'll want to retrofit in bulk and are able, you've probably secured yourself enough it wouldn't matter if you loosened up your fleet movement or not. As long as you aren't being forced to make lots of small jumps at inconvenient times & places both, you're golden and can outpace or outmaneuver all comers.

Sometimes you run into the bug where the game clones the admiral. Fun times abound.

I am rather curious on getting it, espacially after hearing that they intend to fix some of the issues rather soonish, which is always a good sign from paradox games.

Does somebody know how well the Linux Version runs?

I personally only have an GT 840M GPU available, can I except playable framerates with that?

Also does somebody got the newest linux version to download somewhere*

I do not see a problem in having multiple evasion admirals for your corvette miniblobs, user.

The graphics are simplistic and can be easily run on an integrated gpu, the framerates are determined by your cpu doing background calculations. I have an MSI 270 and it maintains a constant 60fps even at max AA and during battles, but by midgame that drops to the teens. Tis the nature of GSG friend

Is there a mod that removes niggers from my game? I don't want them in my empire

I guess that's the end of this playthrough. I'm not waiting for the techs that will let me have a 50k fleet to clear these faggots out.

There's a million mods for that. Although from what I know they turn you into a separate race so you won't have the special human quests that the UN and the commonwealth get.

go on, keep me posted

There's one on the workshop that gets rid of all non-whites and women from the game.

Also
I'm trying to download mods with the workshop downloader but all I get is this shit.

See

Is anyone annoyed by how expensive it is in influence to remove to purge all but 1 pop (non-primary species), remove the planet from the sector it's in for 25 influence, and then spend another 42.5 influence to settle a primary species pop, then put it back in the sector, then purge the remaining non-primary species pop? There should be an easier way to replace these pops.

This is a broken feature. Common, how in the 7 hells one would expend "influence" to nominate a regional governor, the same as to built a frontier station?

Yeah, influence is retarded for resettling. I'm a fucking absolute space emperor, I DON'T NEED THE PERMISSION OF ANYONE TO MOVE MY SLAVES FROM POINT A TO POINT B

Paradox loves the idea of mana.

Mods have fixed all my worries about the game. You can remove subhuman races from the game with the 'white humans' mod, and then create a female-only empire with the 'matriarchy' mod, then create a male-only empire with the… it's not so blatantly named, I'll post the name when I get back to Stellaris.

Play as one. Force the other to appear in your game. Forcibly migrate their enslaved pops through your empire.

Best game.

Still waiting on a weaboo mod that's any good. Sunrider comes close.

(and other influence whines)

Sometimes you have influence coming out your ears. Sometimes you don't. Same deal with minerals. With permanent bonuses from tech, bonuses from your ruler, and bonuses from rivalries (multiplied by militancy), you'll be blowing influence on edicts just to avoid hitting the cap, and in the early mid-game.

If you don't have influence, you just aren't the space emperor you think you are. Believing it doesn't make it true. Your strength as a ruler is literally a game mechanic that can be measured.

The 'white humans' mod in the workshop modifies the portraits, so all human races are affected, even added ones that use the human portraits, like in the matriarchy mod.

Saging since I keep posting.

Go to war, punch a fleet and colony ship through their space, then end the war asap. Establish beachhead on other side.

If space is too populated, you might have to see what's on the other side, then declare war on it.

well shit, probably shouldn't piss that guy off then

That feel when I just fucking genocided an entire Fallen Empire.

Purging the high and mighty feels fucking great m8

On related news :

top kek

*fixed

So after a lot of hours playing this, I give it a 6/10. It was fun but at this time it has some game breaking bugs, which will probably be fixed. But the much bigger problem, and the one that cannot be fixed is that once you get far enough in the game it starts slowing down. I'm playing on a medium size map, my empire is like 2/10 of the size of the galaxy, and the game is already running noticeable slower, and i don't mean FPS but the actual game speed. For example if at the start of the game it took 10 seconds for a in game month to pass, is now takes 15

i can't get the 40k mod to work

stellaris.smods.ru/?s=40k

any ideas on what to do?

Also do you know where I can get patch 1.0.3 ?

What do you mean you can't get it to work

www89.zippyshare.com/v/nG6Cjawe/file.html might work.

kat.cr/stellaris-hotfix-1-0-0-to-1-0-3-rezmar-t12618543.html

I put it in the mod folder in stellaris
it shows up
i activate it
i start the game
nuffin

do the same in documents
nuffin