Steam shows if product has been received for free

I found this on Steam

When did they start adding these into reviews?

Probably at the same time they changed the whole fucking review system.

Or perhaps a popular game really is popular? You've seen the slavering dolts that fill steam and reddit and the other sites with large casual userbases. It's not a conspiracy my man, people are just really that dumb

A free review is more persuasive and trustworthy. Someone who paid for their game is more likely to have less-than-true good things to say about it because they want to justify the money that they spent.

No wonder the word "elitism" has negative connotations in their point of view.

For free?

But a negative non-free review means the game must be irredeemably shit

That is OK but not enough to guarantee shill free reviews

Who gives a shit? Niggers should pay me in one or another way.

this

This. Consider the fact that a lot of shitty AAA games are bought by the same people. They don't rely on a cycle of new people getting burned and then not buying the next game.

Reviewing's a hard job.

It's literally a toggle you can press when you're reviewing a game.

just look at a f2p game review and see how many retards tick that box.

It makes sense. People in this thread don't seem to realize price factors in how recommendable a game is. For example, Overwatch could be enjoyable for $10-$15 but I ain't paying $40 for a game like that.

One of the reasons game reviewers put scores this high nowadays is because they receive their games for free; they don't value the money it costs, and thus they play it for a bit and then drop it. Games with a slow start like Monster Hunter could bore people who don't care about those $40 the game costs before they could emit a fair review, and games with an acceptable (but not great) start that later decay into shit could be rated higher by these people. Played hours more or less tell you how informed and how sincere someone is being, but there is still a difference between "it's good if they gift it to you" and "I would actually pay for it".

Well everyone here reads the terms and conditions before they click "I agree" right?

Only negative reviews matter. If the review doesn't focus on what the game does wrong then its garbage.

He's starting to look like a Tech Priest.

On this topic, I was checking out the reviews for Life is Strange (tm) after seeing that hilarious liberal/gun clip in the webm thread. Is there any proof that they remove reviews? There is no way this game has this overwhelming constant praise if it's that retarded. Even the negative ones just say, disappointing ending, not "I want these people to be real so that I can end them".

Fanboys are always salty about negative reviews, you not remember doom? How all of them cried because people disliked their game?

It's more just idiots and buyer's remorse.

To review a game you must own it on steam (technically playing it for five minutes during a free weekend will also suffice). Inherently those who dislike the game enough to leave a review likely won't buy it and those who love the game enough to review it will.

his mouth got fucking tiny

maybe it's from all the frowning

I recently did a review and for me a checkbox was displayed. Seems like if you want to "admit" it you can, like it is a bad thing.

There's the 2015 paid modding episode missing where he says

Even the 'PCMR praise gaben' crowd on reddit lost their shit when he posted that.