Finally deciding to end this fucking series of shit

Finally deciding to end this fucking series of shit.
What am I in for, Holla Forums?

3 was the best of the XIII series, so might as well

Combat is really good, story is trash. Lightning's butt and muscle tone were sanded off for some reason.

is it? I usually hate games with a forced time limit, so I imagine this is gonna frustrate the hell outta me

Isn't this the one where you change clothes mid combat?

yup.

It is. Also, stat boosts only come from missions and, depending on difficulty, healing is limited. The game goes way out of its way to discourage 'usual' FF style of play.

Yup. The default costume is horrible looking and unfortunately it's also objectively the best at the end of the game.

Yes there's a time limit, but I ended up just doing nothing for the last 2 days because I already finished most of the content

ah, so it's arbitrary as hell then

No, it's more like the amount of time you gain is just on a steep curve. At first you'll probably feel like you're going to fail but when you start finishing the main quests they each add a ton of time.

oh ok. are the side missions worth doing?

Yeah, the game doesn't have EXP so you level up your stats by doing side missions. Some of them also give you outfits or powerful accessories.

What's the best looking outfit in the game?

The gameplay is good and ONLY the gameplay.

The story hinges on you having fully engaged in and digested all there is to the story of the first and second games.
And even then its kind of bullshit.

Basically, the story is moot too. Honestly though, looking back, it all feels like a game that started out as something other than a FFXIII sequel but they had to shoe-horn that shit in anyway.

So you got rid of the turn based combat and party combat. Its just Lightning. You change between "costumes" which are really like switching job classes. You get 3 and you can change between them at will.
There is an ability point bar that governs when and how often you can attack but fear not because you can switch to another costume (on its own bar) while the other recharges.

The costumes themselves are able to be customized so you can change the moves they provide but the costumes all have their own buffs and such.

The time limit is pretty much the push to get the game done. You are given a few days to do..things..and one of the other things about the content of this game is that certain events are only triggered during certain times of the day/night so time management is kind of important if you want to try to do everything you can possibly do.

One thing I should say is don't worry if you die or fail. Apparently all that will do is set you up to start the whole thing over again BUT you still keep all your stats and (I think) items and shit that you got up until the point you failed.

It's a JRPG so while some of the outfits look pretty cool a lot of them look pretty dumb. I personally like the dress, the Dragoon garb and her XIII-2 outfit. Unfortunately at the end of the game you get Equilibrium+ which looks identical to that horrible default costume but is so much better than everything else that you *have* to use it.

There were also a bunch of DLC costumes based on other characters like both version of Yuna, Aerith, etc. If you have the PC version it comes with the DLC for free.

That wasn't hard to accomplish considering the first two were complete garbage and 3 is slightly less so.

I'm more partial to the Cloud outfit myself.
Made her look like she had a nice rack and a bit of an ass too.

All things aside, when they do this rebuild of FF7 I can only hope their choice for the active combat will be somewhere along the lines of combat in this game.
All you really need to change is making your switch be between party members instead of costumes.

i would fuck her original iteration so damn hard, anything beyond that is worthless

There's an ability you obtain early on that stops/slows down the time, and can be practically abused in order to do as much as you can, it's an amazing feeling.

Besides main missions for each area, the entire game is about going around helping people so that you can save their souls. It's one of the few games that actually do Open World and sidequests right.

Most outfits have a single ability locked into it, but if you have data from the first two games (or are playing the PC version and have access to all the DLC costumes from the getgo [all the ones that used to cost money seem overpowered as fuck, especially at the beginning, I recommend waiting until New Game + or at least Endgame], you can have her wear her XIII or XIII-2 outfit, leagues better and they have 4 open spaces for abilities instead of the usual 3.

The game is also quite perfect.

I hope that Cloud has a Lightning outfit in the new FFVII

She was perfect in XIII-2, in my opinion. I don't know why they fucked with that. Even her face is more flat and has less character in LR.

Who on their right minds would make this? Making her chest smaller?.
Also can i jump straight to LR without having to play the others?.

Yeah, this. If a costume is based on another FF character like Cloud or Yuna don't use it on your first playthrough.

Yeah, you won't know the characters but only nerds care about that

I would argue that you don't NEED to know the characters. The game even seems to take a little time to put into your head that whatever you knew about these people in the previous games has been erased, retconned, or just doesn't matter anymore.

For instance, Snow, is an evil guy who is like a bored dude just lording over some night club instead of the cock-sure optimistic "Heroes don't die" guy he was in the previous games.
Lightning says she doesn't feel things like she used to.
Faggy little kid guy isn't really who he was at all.

etc etc.

Music of the 3 part series is the best feature
I liked how they switched gameplay mechanics for each part. They are not the worst games ever, but the characters may be.

Well, back when it came out, I had gotten a hold of Cloud's outfit halfway in and it didn't break anything, so I guess it'd be best for late on, you know.

That might be the case. From what I read Heavy Slash or whatever that outfit's skill is was way too powerful early on.

I get the feeling Toriyama played with dress-up dolls when he was a kid.

Now he plays dress up with his Lightning figures

Poetry

It also has one of the best final boss themes in a while, managing to be original, but still carrying motifs from other songs of the series
Still think her going to meet Toriyama at the end is bullshit

Left: XIII
Right: LR

Why

howautistic.ru?

Bump

What does Toriyama say when he meets Lightning at the end?

chin
eyecolour
lips
haircolour

Calling it now; the Cross Dressing Scene, you have the option to dress as Lightning.

Eye and hair color is the same, are you blind?

No it isn't, Special ones like Soldier of Peace with Artemis Arrows, Cloud with Slayer, and other shit wipes the floor with the Equilibrium and it's upgrade since by that point you should be able to kill enemies so fast that 100% ATB at start and ATB Stand By is superflous anyway.

And there are setups that can make shit really silly, like Vengence and Shadow Trooper with the Double finisher (Meaning 2 jumps), which can out right 2-shot dragon enemies if you have a good Spear-type weapon.