Getting a second cat need advice

My SO and I adopted a 1.5 year old cat a little over a year ago. We had recently moved into an apartment and both missed having an animal around (I grew up primarily with dogs and SO grew up primarily with cats). We decided a cat would be the best option for our living situation. I struggle with anxiety and depression and my therapist also recommended a pet for emotional support.

We decided to adopt an adult cat rather than a kitten, because I had heard that you aren't always able to determine what a kitten's personality will be when they are older. We went to the shelter and adopted the most friendly and confident boy we could find. I was really hoping for an affectionate, cuddly lap cat. He turned out to be the complete opposite. It took me a long time to accept this, but I recognize his personality is what it is and I love him regardless. He doesn't like to cuddle and prefers to be by himself most of the time. He is pretty friendly but just doesn't seek attention. He is also a little more bonded to SO.

I have started to think about getting a second cat, but I am unsure. I know there are no guarantees, but is there any way to predict with high accuracy that a cat will be cuddly/affectionate? If I were to get another cat, would I be better off getting a kitten and forming a bond when he/she is a baby? I had always heard male cats are a bit more cuddly and that looking for a friendly + confident adult was the way to go, but it didn't end up working out (the way I had hoped). Like I said, I do love our cat but I would really like to have a pet who provides more emotional support. We have always planned to rescue, but now I am considering looking into purchasing from a reputable breeder. Are there any breeds that tend to be more affectionate as a whole that I could look into? Is it less of a gamble going with a specific breed rather than rescuing a DSH/DLH?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

wat

I suggest going to a breeder and asking them yourself

Have you thought about catching HIV?

Read OP

I am only interested in rescue cats. We cannot afford a professional cat breeder.

Do you mean toxoplasmosis? Yes.

NOT REAL COMMUNISM!!!!11111

Isn't having a SO the best way to avoid HIV? Unless you're a cuck I guess. In Haiti or Africa. Or Atlanta.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>Holla Forums

Shit post there friend.

Gays spread aids to each other like a fire in northern California. They are all in open relationships

What the fuck is an SO, why do you sound so gay and effeminate?
>>>/oven/

KV detected

Does anyone remember this episode of Kim Possible?

I have kissed many girls in my life.
Projecting this much I see, fucking faggot.

I don't watch cartoons, I am a grown man, I even have a beard.

?

Yes I am Russian so what?
please post more Natalia

you are a nigger

>>>/oven/
>>>Holla Forums

nu-male faggots like having beards now. That means nothing anymore.

you talk like a faggot, bro

What’s her name?

So how did Disney get away with having Kim Possible fuck her own mom?

Say this to my face, see what happens?

Calling a faggot, NO YOU ARE CLEARLY A FAGGOT!
If I supposed someone was a faggot I would never call him/it a bro.

Victory.

That isn't you fam.

yes it is, Pablo took the photo for me

Pablo is your SO?

fag

only in the gym at the YMCA

Manliness is different than faggotery.

Getting a kitten and holding a lot as it grows up could work because the cat, even as an adult, would associate being held by you with feelings of safety and comfort. I did this with my dog when she was a puppy and now, even as a full grown dog, she really likes to feel some kind of physical contact with me when she relaxes, even if it's just sitting on my feet when I sit down. However she had a naturally affectionate personality from birth so that might have something to do with it.