FF 12 remake

Of all of the Final Fantasy games that really need a remake it's ff12.

Other urls found in this thread:

granbluefantasy.jp/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII#Development
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why? The game is just 10 years old and holds up nicely. An HD remaster on PC would be more than enough.

Not only would they probably censor frann, but they would probably dumb down the gameplay.

Only thing Final Fantasy needs is a bullet in the back of the head and a unmarked grave.

Remake, no.
HD, probably.
Western release of Zodiac Job System, definitely.

this too

they do have an eng patch for the nip version

I agree but I agree with as well

Introducing the FFXII remake!

Don't trust modern Square with anything decent. Count it lucky they've not touched it.

And speaking of HD, one of the biggest issues originally was audio quality, right? Because the audio files had to be so compressed, as there was so much of it? Might SE still have the original, uncompressed audio, that they might put it into an HD version in its intended high quality?

Why would you want one? Square Enix make nothing but shit now,

look bud, you have to understand that 99% of the world doesn't live in the town of Bedrock, Cobblestone County, so please use a real unit of measurement

thats correct, I'm not a neanderthal

genie loli-user here, ur wish is granted ;-)
>granbluefantasy.jp/

Best Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy XII

You knew the risk with the monkey paw user

Nah fuck that noise. I liked how they changed the bullshit chests but many of the classes werent viable at all, some were useless or straight up broken like the Gunner.

You forgot its episodic too. Tied to an anime nobody asked for aswell.

Come on mate. I love FF12 but it has a shit tonne of flaws like how the story goes to shit midway or how the characters are OP midway. If you do enjoy it Id recommend the enforced class challenge, just google it. It really brings a breath of fresh air to the game.

It's more like a remake of FFV with FFXII painted over it anyways. Just stay the living fuck away from my granblue waifu. Pic related.

I'd like an HD release of 12. And the only remake it really needs is making it focus on the real main characters.

Now if anything needed a full remake, it's 10

Fran right?

Duh

The only thing I'd want out of a remake is for the combat to either be fully turn based(or at least ATB) or real time. I hate the half and half system they went with.

I'm honestly not sure why they didn't just make the combat like 3D version of Chrono Trigger, where you see the enemies on screen and when you get close enough to them everyone in your party goes into their battle positions. It would still be just as seamless as the game we ended up with, but more functional.

We need

Why not a ff8 remake?

Also crystal chronicles

How about they stop remaking shit and just make a good game for once, goddamn.

I think that boat set sail with 13.

We'll see if a good game gets made out of 15. Though even if it is good, though it probably wont be, I'm still never playing it because the characters suck soooooo hard.

Most Square fans are hedging bets over getting a slightly better version of games they like than something new from scratch.

Like I said, 12 being made but taking out the bullshit 'main characters' they inserted last minute would make the game obviously better. But even 10 would be great to see with actual scene direction, cause that games theme and story had a lot going for it if you take out the absolutely abysmal growing pains the company went through in portraying scenes.

I think we'd all love a good original game, but everyone knows in the depths of their heart that it's never going to happen.

Wait, Vann was added last minute?

Would x2 be considered cannon if you had your way?

Honestly 12 is my second least favorite in the series, after 13. It's a perfectly fine game, but I just couldn't get into it. I did like that they tried to change some things up, but in the end it just wasn't for me. It's still leagues better than 13 tho.

9>6=7>4>3>5>14>10>8>1>2>12>>>>13
(Never played 11 so it's excluded)

Yeah.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII#Development

2 is pretty good though, it's not bad just because its dofferent and harder. It was directed by the same guy who directs the SaGa and CC games so it's expected to be different.

I knew I liked Basch for a reason, I only kept Vann in my party because the game had made him the main character story-wise.

That's not true at all since FFXIII-3 came into existence. We need to learn what Toriyama said in that board directors meeting to convince everyone that they Ideas they had for Valkyrie Profile 3 should be thrown out the window and used for waifu simulator. If we can harness that power we could actually get good games back at square again.

I bet I answered my own question. Appeal to waifufaggotry and the common waifufaggots struggle and dream

2 wasn't bad either. I just didn't enjoy it as much as others. The only final fantasy that I would consider truly bad is 13.

You had to bring up X2 didn't you?

I don't know, yes? X2 is weird. It's like the higher ups said 'lets make a cheap cash in, here's a budget' and the guys developing it actually threw in a lot of interesting systems and callbacks in and dressed them up with fan-service.

If they were doing a full remake? I'd like to make X2 cannon and roll it all into one game. Maybe expand on it a little more. Or streamline it to just be a justification for Tidus being brought back instead of just a post credits scene.

I'd have a Guado and Ronso female join along with Payne for the X2 troop just to fuck with people. Just the thought of the princess dress up game with whatever dumpy freak body guado have and gigantic ronso snu-snu model brings a smile to my face

There you go, now everytime you choose an action the game doesn't stop.

It would be great, the game was really good IMHO, but if it was released nowadays it would seem too short and lacking in content everywhere, to be fair there was only so much a DVD could pack back then. THey would need to add dozens of new areas, enemies and equipment&skills to make it something decent today

Nah

I heard of this too but I thought Balthier was meant to be the main character. He always seemed a lot more charismatic and interesting. Maybe its just because bounty hunters make my dick rock hard.

Come to think of it FFXII is just Japanese Star Wars.
Luke = Vaan
Leia = Ashe
Balthier = Han Solo
Fran = Hot less hairy Chewbacca
Gabranth = Darth Vader
Vayne = Emperor
Penelo = Who the fuck gives a shit about Penelo

FF12 doesn't need to be remade, what it needs is to be finished. Maybe then the story won't be such a meaningless piece of shit.

Fuck Zodiac System, if you wanna gimp yourself, you can do that already instead of forcing it upon others.

Remember when Holla Forums used to say FF12 was the cause of current FF being shit?

I still believe it.
It's fucking garbage

Final Fantasy 12 was a terrible piece of shit.

Shame on you.

X-2 was a massive disappointment to me because, in a game based around hot girls playing dress up, the faggots in charge decided to remove the party's designated titty monster and replace her with a more masculine version of Squall.

Wait, who the FUCK is Vossler then
Coz I really liked his character and then suddenly out of the blue "Oh I em ur nme nao"

I didn't understand it at the time

Vayne?

zodiac runs fine on pcsx2, no need for another money milking grief

12 is the best final fantasy

all they need to do is remove transit vaan's existence, throw vossler or something in there instead and add half the IZJS additions while having a speedup button

also re-write half the music

okay maybe it's not the best but it's damn good

the sheer amount of places and content it gives is fantastic, what a glorious joy playing it was, finding the secret shit, programming yo bitches to do max efficient damage and buffs holy shit it was the best shit and they'll never do another offline single player RPG like fuck my arse

that battle is bland as shit.
it's literally people standing around waiting their turn to ineffectively wave their arms so numbers can fly out.

every final fantasy had battles that were more fun that this shit.

It only needs to be HD and have a CO-OP mode.

That's it.

please, to the UNTRAINED EYE nothing is happening, but instead i programmed all the ugly cunts to cast reflect on themselves, and then spam healing magic to rape the zombie ass boss you're given 5 minutes to wail on with healing aoe spells, killing him almost instantly

hey man, if you're going to like the taste of shit, it's on you, but dont' try to get everyone else to think it doesn't smell.

each to their own

spell cuing is a legitimate problem though, depending on what's going on the time it takes for spells to be cast can kill ya

normal attacks and skills come out instantly

actually a viable complaint you made so i cant really be mad, i just had fun with the game

best FF is war of the lions, followed by the original crystal chronicles and dissidia

As much as I like this game I don't want it to get remade unless Team Ivalice gets full control of it and makes it the way it was meant to be.

Reminder that Vaan was never meant to be in the game and the director was fired trying to keep him out of it.

YO, BITCH

FF12 was a good ps2 game. It has no reason to have the Final Fantasy name however, because it's more down to earth. A lot less of that animu hair giant sword nonsense.
That being said, the game was a pure grind.
Take Vaan, equip him with an esper, and go farm the cthulhu panthers and malboros, finding a route from one save crystal to another. Get him to like level 50 when everyone is 27, and when bosses come just cast the chain spell shit and abuse R2 like you caught it preordering FFXIII.
I think I fucked up Cid and stopped playing shortly after that.
Give me a decent magic system.
Give me a reason for ranged characters to exist.
Mix up the areas a bit.
Make it so unused party members are more than just laser canons I use on boss battles, and then replace once I fuck up the timing with R2 fuck up the chain.
And holy crap those dungeons mate. I couldn't do them at the appropriate level. I don't know when your party is ready to take on the wind chicken esper faggot, but fuck when I went there I felt like I was vastly underleveld (first time I found the place) and overleved (when Vaan could 1shot everything).
When I played it, I was a kid and had too much free time that these problems didn't matter to me that much. Not so sure about it now.

Pretty neat mate. Zalera wasn't that tough anyway, to be fair I beat him pretty late in my first playthrough because I found out pretty late how to regain access to the dungeon.

You're playing on PCSX2 right?

the leveling and chaining is a big issue I had as well. I didn't think grinding was the issue but rather the level disparity, all your characters are OP and indistinguishable mid-game, you don't even need to use all of them you can just rape the whole game with just 3. The chaining if done right means you can one-shot certain bosses too. I'd recommend a class-challenge not IZJS, fuck that shit as it does't allow for chaining, classes are different and viable and overall makes the game harder and more enjoyable.

Silly user, that is why you Grind Vaan up to 99 during the "Tutorial" when it is he and Penelo since that is faster then Endgame gridning since everyone have like Vaans level 2 when they first join.

Now go beat up those werewolfs for 9999999999999 hours!

Don't tell me you play in some non autistic sub Optimal way.

1,2 and 12 are like the only numbered FFS not on steam, so a PC rerelease will probably come sooner rather then later.

Now, i can't guarantee it will be a good PC port though.

I liked how the protag was a minor character. It was a nice change of pace and it made Fran seem more mysterious and Balthier seem even more charming.

Is the Zodiac version that came out in Japan worth playing ?
There's a translated ISO available out there but I don't know if I want to play through FFXII again, especially since I don't have that much time those days.
I've actually never finished it, I haven't beaten the last boss and I'm too lazy to get a CRT TV.

theyre all going to get a remake eventually

but user, we already have a FFXII remake. It's called FFXIV

Remove Vaan and as much as I love her ass Penelo and you have a good story.

The aesthetics however, looked massively better in the original design document than the end results. Originally the aesthetic design was Vagrant Story to a fault. They added all the stupid high tec shit and swirly aesthetic crap when you know who got his teeth into it.

It has a couple of QoL improvements (IE: No fucking over the Zodiac spear, Chests reset with 1 zone instead of 3 and have more generous loot tables for the rare stuff, abillity speed up the game, several bonus thing like playing with guest characters in a new game+ esque mode).

The potential drawback is how you feel about the class balance since IIRC ypu can't play with the original License board even if you want to, so no Everyone knows everything.

As result some classes are clearly just "Better" then others.

for why though

Zodiac Job System was a mistake

IZJS had the nice double-speed button, which was great for grinding, and a couple of other improvements, but overall the License Board change royally fucks up the gameplay to the point that I'd rather give up all the niceties and just play the original. They also, IIRC, got rid of the easy early-game Vaan-only grinding by removing the Phoenix Down you can buy that instant-kills the undead Mark in the Westersand.

12 was shit

please do not remake that abomination

Personally I'd be all for it, but you can, you know, just ignore it and skip it if you didn't like it.

Your opinions are wrong and are of low value.

You're the reason games are fucking 30gb+ now. Fuck you, and people like you.

You mean Toriyama

I think you're right, it's more likely we'll see an HD release than a remake. Hopefully it won't be the IZJS though.

k

Is ffxII even good?
Recently i decided to play through all of the ff to see what they were all about and overall it was an enjoyable experience
Except 12, i played it for like 3 hours and just had to drop it, that battle system is just god awful

Singleplayer MMO.

What said.
It's battle system is purely classic ATB with a pseudo-ARPG GUI on top.

Minus the casters being good.

No, it's failed potential the circlejerk and a fun timesink at best.

Can I get the original system with uncapped damage? That'd be ideal.

(checked)

Also, while stone isn't a unit of measurement, kilograms is a unit of mass, not weight. We can start massing ourselves at the precise moment we start colonizing other shit in the universe, and no sooner, so use pounds or fuck off.

OP PLEASE MOVE TO NORTH KOREA

How about a demake, FFXII with FFVI style sprite graphics.

wew.

Nobody uses Newtons to weigh themselves for a reason you fat faggot.

I feel like a vita port could work well, especially the hunting and FUCKING Yiazmat

Still, I'd prefer another Tactics game and FFV and FFVI remakes. Not fair that Square skipped two of the greatest Final Fantasies and jumped straight to FFVII.

seeing as we only ever use weight in the context of the gravitational pull of earth, its actually a pointless type of measurement when mass gives you essentially the same information, but in all contexts.

So ya, there is a reason why no one uses Newtons, its the same reason no one should use pounds. Guess you shot yourself in the foot there.

When was the last time you saw any other context for your mass other than the surface of the Earth? Call me back when we're colonizing moons and planets, and then you can have your contextless mass measurements. Until then, blow me.

saying my argument back to me and pretending it supports your nonsense doesn't work very well.
"How much force your mass exerts downwards, at rest, at this particular location" isn't actually all the useful, since its only a round-about way of determining your mass anyway. Might as well just go with mass.

Doesn't matter, I was making fun of the archaic use of "stone", I'm sorry it triggered your insecurity about the arbitrariness and silliness of your measurement system of choice. Not that you had much choice.