Man, the pacing in this game was pretty terrible

Man, the pacing in this game was pretty terrible.

First half of the game is basically all story with little proper gameplay, then the second half feels like OH SHIT THIS IS A VIDEO GAME and it goes full Uncharted 1 mode with same'y gameplay and not enough story to keep you invested.

It was like playing Metal Gear Solid 4 backwards.

That's what happens when you have dev teams who don't even know they have each other

Borrowed this from a friend and just finished it today. Basically felt like a passenger throughout the entire game. The game itself looks pretty and sounds great, but it's not worth a full price. Maybe a rental if that still exists.

Any one else notice the fucking moist nugget in the collectors house?

No collection of rare and priceless firearms is complete without a shitty ruski beater rifle.

The game was pretty fun, it could have just done without that stronk independent woman who don't need no man.
The section where she can actually take on two fucking guys at once really made me question the writing.

Is it Elena or someone else?

this is the most padded fucking game i have ever played and i regret giving naughty dog one last chance with this

i enjoyed the uncharted games and some moments of TLOU but this was just hours of nothing, very quickly i stopped looking for treasure and easter eggs to just blitz my way to an actual combat section

and there was only one set piece, guess years of people praising the train scene and tank fight in uncharted 2 didn't stick with the jokers left over at naughty dog who thought winching shit in your jeep was more fun than fighting mercenaries in exotic places

he's talking about Nadine who's a villain character who doesn't really have any reason to exist

she's the leader of the mercenaries you fight and you have scripted fist fights with her twice (nate gets clobbered each time) and at the end she just runs away from the whole situation and isn't brought up again

Was it in any way controversial in its story telling. Druckkman said it was gonna be divisive but having seen spoiler it seems like another uncharte game.

K

i can't name any controversial aspects of it, they don't kill any named characters save for the main villain, there are no supernatural elements to it like uncharted 1 and 2, there aren't even any shoddy left leaning politics snuck save for like one little piece of lore regarding one character who only exists for one cutscene and falls over dead (oh i guess they kill two characters)

it was so overwhelmingly tame i'd be impressed if some one could find something controversial in the writing

Yeah the game is almost retardedly tame. You kill hundreds if not thousands of armed goons but then when sam puts his gun to the head of the negress nate is all OH SHIT SAM WE CAN'T JUST KILL SOMEONE WHO HAS TRIED TO KILL US MULTIPLE TIMES AND IS THE LEADER OF THE MERCENARIES OF WHICH WE HAVE KILLED HUNDREDS

No real internal logic. It's typical super hero moral code level of cognitive dissonance.

That being said i'm having fun with it. The gameplay is pretty lackluster but the plot is a wild ride and the occasional set piece is pretty fun to see. My favorite one so far is platforming your way through the collapsing clock tower.

I'd say it's not the worth the current price. My stepdad is a sony drone though and i'm glad i got to play it.

the clocktower and the proceeding chase scene are probably the apex of the game

sully and nate arguing about the winch might be an analogy for this games actual fucking development process

I'm just glad the kikes didn't get to shoehorn in some degenerate shit like the lesbian pedo stuff from TLOU

Smells of shill in here

STRONG BLACK WOMAN TALING ON TWO MEN

Okay good point.

Really makes no sense for nathan and sam to both beat hundreds if not thousands of soldiers to death only to be bested in a 2 on 1 fight with a 90 pound negress with long hair

she's a villain though, and TO BE FAIR she was military trained, nate and sam just tackle everything like a slugfest

it's still weird, her entire character is fucking weird because she's a bad guy but they just let her walk away from the entire fucking story

So I played Uncharted 3 yesterday. Took about 8 hours to get through the whole thing, but man some of it is tedious shit. My main criticism is that enemies swarm and flank out of fucking nowhere, so it can become quite difficult to orient yourself properly. Along with this, the enemies are bullet spongy as fuck, some of which take multiple magazines/rounds to defeat. It's a fucking pain when they can flank you with a shotty and one shot you into the ground, even with regenerating health.

So my question to those who have played Uncharted 4: How's the shooting? Better than or worse than previous iterations? Better than something like Max Payne or GTA?

about the same with a few fun new tricks added in like rope swinging (of course you don't get to use it as often as you have to use a winch on a fucking jeep)

also i played through uc4 on hard mode and the enemies were the most spongy in the entire series, which isn't so bad since headshots were one hit kills, but since every engagement is you vs the wall of hitscan enemies with infinite ammo and taking a hit shakes your aim, getting those headshots is a pain

I say you should really just use the autoaim option. Shooting games are dogshit without a mouse imo. With the auto aim on you can spray at guys while you swing around on the grappling hook and generally just have more fun with it. Works well enough on normal.

git gud

impossible with a controller :^)

i can aim well enough in a console shooter, its the fact your aim gets shaken at the slightest breeze that is an issue

really the hard mode is just poorly made bullshit

Did anyone else think the puzzles were dumbed down or have I just gotten smarter since playing the previous games?

The fucking constellation one was a joke.

Don't compare MGS4 to this please. It may not be perfect but at least its not some diversity western shitter.

i liked the one with the large rotating pieces and the bucket of water, and the one where you move the pieces around in the notebook was kind of neat

were there any other puzzles? i already forgot

maybe the clocktower? but not really, you just had to ring the bells in the correct order

oh near the end theres the platforms you have to cross reference the notebook to walk along the right path, was pretty easy though

this really is the fucking worst uncharted game by far. my eyes rolled back into my god damn skull on the final sequence too

i've been shitting on this game all thread, but that review barely constitutes as a fucking review, it's just the washington post trying to be contrarian to get a few extra hits

of course the game doesn't deserve the reviews it got because it's padded to shit and easily worse than the rest of the series

the washington post review does not touch on this, they just talk about some stuff that happens in the first hour and closes the book

its a terrible article, and the people getting outraged about it are fucking fools

Redbox rents video games for $3/day, and there's one in the entrance of pretty much any Wal-Mart. Pretty ideal for 'muh cinematic experience' games

i fucking wish i rented UC4

i keep playing the online to get my moneys worth but that's running dry fast as well

I believe in honest hate, so I rented Fallout 4 and DOOMOOD for one night each. I didn't get $3 of gameplay out of either but fuck it

I cannot believe metacritic is taken seriously

What an abomination

i borrowed a console copy of fallout4 from a friend, thank fuck i did that because i finished the game, but by the midway point i was just mashing through all the dialogue trees just to get to the end

Is it really pedo if they're both kids?

Also I felt that scene spoke more about how deep Ellie's attachment and abandonment issues were. Watching that made her behavior in the main game make a little more sense. It just sort of clicked, like, "Oh shit, this bitch has attachment issues up the wazoo"

Well it's not pedo if it was happening in reality, but since it's entertainment meant to be enjoyed by a predominantly male audience i think it's fair to call it pedo shit.

I think that's a perfectly valid view to have on it, but there is also the coincidence that this morally abhorrent bit of media is written by a fellow of jewish descent

sage for kind of off topic

Wait, I thought this game was where you kill the least amount of mercenaries in an Uncharted game ever.

Do you get pacifist options or something MGS-style, passing enemies altogether?

I think the new team managed to create the most boring Uncharted game ever. I have not finished the game yet (chapter 16), I'm already sick of the characters (the invincible strong and independent Nadine, the brother who didn't exist until U4 and now we're supposed to care about him).
The music is bad, they should've kept Greg Edmonson instead of that guy from Zimmer's factory of bland composers. The multiplayer is half done, no co-op mode, only boring PvP stuff and micro-transactions.