Yooka-Laylee

What does Holla Forums think about Bajo Threeie?

Are y'all hyped? Or are y'all expecting kickstarter kikery to happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

gonintendo.com/stories/257666-what-s-going-on-with-playtonic-s-twitter-account
twitter.com/PlaytonicGames
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As someone who backed it yep, I'm retarded I can say while I've yet to see anything to worry me too much, I'm waiting until the Toybox Demo comes out before I expect much. That said, at least their idea on the DLC the kickstarter funded as well is alright, ie they plan on worrying about it post-launch.

Post more lewd lizards.

Source on those hips, user.

It has occurred. It will occur.

It's either going to be a complete fucking flop or it's going to be hailed as the greatest game of all fucking time by faggots who said the exact same thing about Undertale. There is literally no goddamn middle ground with games like this.

Same boat.

here ya go

boogle

It better be good.

It's going to be Mighty No. 9 all over again.

Its not Bloodstained, user.

My first and last time kickstarting anything was starbound. Jesus christ have I learned my lesson. I'm hoping for the best for Yooka but again I'll wait until full release with all dlc's included

There's plenty of middle ground it's not zero sum. Also this thread is garbage how about next time make a thread you don't put furry shit in the op.

I've backed 3 kickstarters and haven't been burned you just need non shit judgement.

gonintendo.com/stories/257666-what-s-going-on-with-playtonic-s-twitter-account
twitter.com/PlaytonicGames
Bees confirmed for main enemy.

Yooka-Laylee won't be another Mighty No 9 because it's not bogged down by a bunch of stupid arbitrary bullshit in it's stretch goals that no one asked for. And is also being made by developers not a hack fraud producer. Kamiya warned people about Inafune. I don't see anyone warning us about Playtonic Games.

I actually have faith in this project. It's got a lot of the old Rareware staff in there and they seem to be getting ready for E3. So they might just be bringing us a release date this time next month.

Maybe if I saw some gameplay footage.

Well E3 is around the corner and they seem to have been waiting to announce something big YL related. My guess is that they'll release the Toybox demo with some gameplay trailers at E3.

Yooka Laylee is made my people who on average have 10 years of experience in the game industry. Lots of vets who know how to ship a project on time

I can't wait for 3D platformers to come back to life.

Hopefully this and a hat in time won't fuck it up completely, after that we might be good to go.

Does anybody remember that game that had been kickstarted with a cat that made a deal with the devil? The cat had a long weird nose or something

It will be filled with autistic kids hailing it as better than Banjo and whatnot. As well as furfags, tumblrinas. Cancer inbound.

Wait wait wait this actually got funded? I thought it died in Kikestarter.

Everything is filled with autistic kids, furfags and tumblrinas.

The only games that aren't are games that are 15 years old.

It got way overfunded

No. It got 2 mil pounds. It got over 1000% funded.

I want 3D platformers that are fun with plenty of collectibles and deep gameplay with plenty of hidden passages and vistas to be a thing again.

Maybe it would help if the games weren't marketed to people under 4 half the time, so quality ends up being an afterthought.

But what am I saying? I'm the guy that can barely stomach a second play through a Dark Souls 3 but everytime I turn on my playstation the first thing I throw in is Spyro or Ape Escape

I haven't seen much of it, nor have I given any money to it.
I am tentatively excited though, since I want to have new platformers to play. Plus it seems that they have quite a few people who originally worked on Banjo, which gives me more hope than those other kickstarters which just have the main ideas guy and a bunch of interns.

My nigga
Spooky poos happy hell

I still have hope user

If the game is good that's all that matters

Worked for that Cuphead game

I just want comfy cartoon-themed games like old LoZ titles where you solve mysteries and complete quests with lots of small content and secrets all over the place. Things that make you mystified for a very long time until you unlock something and realize it might work together with X thing you've seen before in various places or get you past an obstacle you struggled to figure out.

There's so much potential in this genre but all developers make is more reskins of the other 80 thousand FPS games.

Art direction (especially environments) are garbage and apparently according to OP the fanbase is filled with furfags.

It can yiff in hell with the rest of the furfags.

I expect nothing until its released.

Also I just realized something. I think the thing that gave old games such mystery and wonder, and why modern games feel so bland, is the fact that old games don't specifically tell you what to do.

Modern games are a linear hallway in the middle of a larger sandbox, you always know what to do and where to go because the game makes sure you definitely know and there's always "journals" and quest lists that remind you exactly what you're supposed to be doing if you weren't paying attention. But some older games don't always tell you what to do, sometimes you just have to explore and find things on your own. It might give you a vague direction, but most of the time it's up to the player to solve the game.

It's dead user, infinity user quit

Source?

But this isn't Anton and Coolpecker.

All I need

Damn, those thighs and hips. Pretty nice how they made great Rule 63 without resorting to non-mammal breasts.

Does that hand-sign mean something?

Some bullshit I can't remember, but it is essentially their salute.

it means check 'em

Doubles on-fucking-command.
Impressive.

Dubs akbar

Glad you've caught up.

Most developers don't give a shit about their games anymore anyway, as long as they get their paychecks.

In any case, I am somewhat optimistic about the 3D platformers coming out. After this people should turn their focus on survival horror games.

Confirming it myself.

Yeah I quit the project last month and left someone else in charge. I quit for a number of reasons:

1. It was getting harder for me to keep up with the project due to my job and going back to school. I was working 4 days a week and really only had free time on the weekends and wednesday during the week. When I first got put on that schedule it was manageable due to someone keeping me updated on everything while I was at work but eventually that stopped and I became lost several times. Due to the fact I was barely able to keep up with the assigned tasks people were doing it really fucked things up for me and frankly I should have just left as soon as things got complicated.

2. My lack of programming experience. Really the only contribution I had to the team was just keeping people in line, making sure things were on track and keeping things organized. My skills were entirely organizational and leadership. Overall I hated feeling that the current position I held didn't really have me doing anything, I hated the fact I wasn't doing much for the project in response to active development. I didn't have the time to pick up new skills so that contributed to me feeling like I didn't belong.

3, Arguing. When some ex-members came out and said people would argue alot during the project? Yeah I'm confirming this is true, it was manageable at the start but overtime it just became annoying to try and get the simplest changes put in when 4 people wanted to argue against it. Alot of things came to a standstill just because someone didn't like an idea and would argue against it often when it came up. Even if it was an idea that was already agreed upon months before.

4. Working on a second project at the time. This is pretty self explanatory.

The game project is still going even without me though so there's still hope. They're doing fine from what I heard but they're running into some issues due to how they don't have animators. But that's a problem for another day.

Once again, confirming that yes I have left the project but it is still going on. I still wish the best luck for the team.

First Fuchur and now you. Damn…

I always found it strange that yooka-laylee somehow appeared at the same time with much more publicity.

It's a shame, Anton and Coolpecker is just something I really wanted to see happen, even though I know the odds are stacked the hell against it.

Yeah, a bunch of industry veterans decided to group together and start a game development studio and put their effort into resurrecting a classic style platformer videogame that everyone has been asking for for years and some of them had been wanting, and do it in a big way… because a couple literally whos were ideaguying a shitty platformer game in a literally what website.

I love how anton and cuck developers think they're so important.

I hope the best for both you and the A&CP team.
Show em how we videogames.

Come on, don't pretend that you weren't hyped for Mighty №9 until they hired that bitch and shown their true colors.

what A&CP needs to make its own differential way via PS1/2 sized rendering resolution and downsampled/bitcrushed audio

Oh my God, I'm having fucking nightmare flashbacks to BroQuest

BEAT THIS SHITSKIN

Because it's easier to just make another cookie cutter FPS game. Do you know how much simpler it is to design an arena than it is to design an entire world?

I'm looking forward to it. I hope it really does turn out good. It's been too long since we had a solid 3D collectathon platformer.

Impressive

Nice webm. source?

It looks like she is gonna split in two.

Hey, Infinity, you left for the same reason I did too, minus the programming part.

The lack of vision for the project was very annoying. Like, I don't get how hard it is to make a Banjo and Kazooie type game, with the feel of a banjo kazooie type game.

And then you have faggots saying the Last Boss needs to be 2Deep4U and Platinum Esque. Its Just Mind Boggling.

Sorry for leaking your shit m8, just felt it was time the people knew.

fuck off shill

downboat = free bump

Yup that's how it always is and unless you cucks lay down some ground rules and/or set a boss guy who can just straight up say "this is how we do it" nothing will ever get done out of Holla Forums projects.

I don't know anything about this project other than it was being made, but it seems like you're the kind of guy that's good to have around just to say "No we are doing this, do it or leave. If it stinks on release then its too bad and we'll have to do better next time".

People had different ideas on what they wanted to achieve out of this game.

For example, some people hated banjo kazooie, and wanted to make a spyro game, etc.

Oooo, that's a problem. Even industry veterans get sloppy with that much guaranteed funding.

You can go ahead and do that, but people will still quit if the project isn't giving them personal creative fulfillment. It isn't in human nature to do work without some payoff, and in the case of games, that's either gotta be personal satisfaction in what you're doing, or money. Seeing as it's about impossible to find several people who naturally agree enough to all get creative satisfaction out of the same idea, I'm not surprised these random user team-ups never work out without money to… smooth over creative differences. Don't get me wrong, I wish they would succeed, but people just don't work that way. You wouldn't work hard on ideas you disagree with for free, I wouldn't, nobody would.

Say what you will about Kickstarter, but ultimately it gives someone money to then give other people to keep them motivated on toiling on somebody else's vision. At least that gives the project a chance at success.

I'll tell you guys right now what was a major problem for this project. The scope of this game was too big for a free game. I realized that later on while on the team but it was too late (nor would anyone want to) try to change anything for it. The scale of a Banjo-esque game is larger than one thinks and personally I think it would be too much for a team that doesn't have much experience making games in the first place.

What would have been easier was if the game was probably maybe 4 levels long or if it was done in a 2D platform fashion. That type of scale would have been easier to handle and hell more of the game probably would have been finished by now. Most people on the team wanted to take on the challenge of making a true Banjo-esque game so I can't fault them for getting their heads in the clouds. It's just later on I felt that the current path was not working out and hell I was tempted to just purge everyone and start all over with a more clear idea. I didn't because it wouldn't have worked, getting all the people for Anton in the first place was a stroke of pure luck that you really can't replicate a second time.

The problem with that is it doesn't really work on a free project. When you have a budget on a project like this then there's a power structure of people who will isten if you say 'everyone shut up we're doing this' because that's their pay on the line. When you have no hold over people with something like pay then the only way to keep that hold over others is if they like you. Trust me when I say I tried the 'This is how we're gonna do it' route during my time as leader maybe a 2 months before I left and it only resulted in more problems. People didn't like being told exactly how it should be done and felt there was room for improvement sometimes when it wasn't needed.

Yup this user summed it up well just as I was writing it.

I'll admit that I really wanted this game to be as simple as possible. I wanted to do alot of shortcuts that would result in easier things to make, I told the guys before that we shouldn't always try to do things we don't know how to do. That sometimes it's better to just do the easy mechanic than try something that hasn't been done before or rarely been done. Sometimes people listened to me but other times it fell on deaf ears.

I'll admit that before I posted up Spyro as refs for how certain moves should work. Personally I felt Anton should have done the scale size of Spyro or Crash by basically being linear games with some aspects of free roam. Once again I only suggested that because I felt it would be easier to do. I won't fault my team members for sticking to the Banjo style that was the reason we all got together.

He's too perfect for this world.

Infinity, you are telling me stuff I already know, pft

And I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the original modeler who did the model styles of the game in the fashion of spyro.

Whilst I did them in the style of banjo and kazooie, since the game is a Banjo and Kazooie inspired game

On a literal Banjo-Kazooie clone? Tell them to fuck off.

Tell them to fuck off then.

Yes it fucking does.

The problem you have is that you're a bunch of cucks who are afriad to tell people who are straight up ruining the project to leave because you're scared of losing manpower, any manpower. So fucking what if people leave? If they're leaving because they don't like the game they're making then they weren't going to be useful to the development in the first place. You're basically telling them to fuck your shit up constantly instead of just leaving and giving you manpower problems. Its much easier to find replacements than it is to cater to all of these retarded special snowflake people. What you're doing is the developer equivalent of saying "muh PR" in Gamergate. You're going full Anthony Burch.

Well its too late now since most of the notable people left. That Spyro modeler also left after awhile due to work.

Which means if a certain other modeler didn't join at that point, that means they would of had no modeler during the early periods

Dude things got a huge hold when Animfag left the project before work got done. He was the guy who did that really good animation of Rhada in the earlier stages, he had to leave for school. When he was gone I knew things were gonna be fucked for a while since it's hard (near impossible) to find an animator who would do work for free.

Yeah, agreed. But only time will tell of its quality I suppose. Its probably the most promising Kickstarter I've seen out of the others.

I'm talking about Shiggy.

Its me, AntAnon, Infinity

I know all this!

Yeah I been knew. You make it really obvious ya know?

I wasn't trying to be subtle~

get a room

Did the work you've already done spoil or rot? I know what you mean about "its too late now" and sure in the terms you mean it might be true. But the other argument is that at the same time its never going to be "too late" to work on it because its not going to just spoil.
Not a surprise. This is exactly what happens. You cuck yourself to these people who disrupt the game development and then they leave anyway due to reasons. This happens every time.

One thing you will have to do when making a free project is to get a leg up and start learning to do things yourself just to keep things moving. You won't make something amazing, stunning, extravagant or any other really impressive words, but in the end the project will get done. Its harsh, but its something you simply HAVE to undertake. Making a game definitely isn't easy, but at least you can work on it a little at a time.

And this is gonna sound the harshest, but I'm not expecting any of these things to get through to you anyway. Cucks never learn. The next time you are on a project of any kind like this, if you haven't learned to tell people to fuck off and set a specific direction from Week 1 then you will simply repeat this story over and over.

I wouldent worry user, 3D collectathon platformers are so rare these days any one will make waves,that goes for Anton & Coolpecker too.

user, you will find that I was probably harshest to the "cucks" in the team. You can ask Infinity that.

I have a no nonsense attitude when it comes to work, especially to those who were wasting time.

I don't think the term "cucks" is appropriate, more so idea guys. I am trying to recall, at one point some one said I had to do as they said, and I told them to get fucked. I was a firm believer in that you only really had a say if you can actually back up what you were saying with substance.

I dunno how things went down. But if you let people fuck with your wife (project) while you watch and do nothing, instead of telling them to fuck off and die, then you're a cuck.

No one fucked with anything under my watch.

I think its already been said, the main reason for my leaving is namely that I wanted pursue my own projects. I was under the assumption the project is in good hands.

I am slightly doubtful now however

Anything I could post at this point would just be a repetition of my last post here

I'm not Infinity, user.

I never said you were. I don't even know why you made your last two replies.

That's because Dark Souls is boring as fuck though.

D-double dubs.

And thus they do, and the only difference is that the team falls apart faster. And then what, you just replace them? If the first set of people weren't happy doing someone else's ideas for free, what makes you so sure the second group won't have the same problem? Outside of the tiny, tiny chance the replacements eventually find people who just totally agree with the boss, the problem will never get better. The next set will quit just like the first did when they find it's your way or the highway and they're not totally in agreement with your way.

You act like telling people what to do will solve this problem, but no matter how assertive you are, people either gotta be happy with what they're doing or get payed. No amount of assertiveness will overcome that fact unless you're going literally "gun to their head" assertive.

I know this isn't convenient, it's sure no good for me either since I can't pay a team myself and haven't lucked into that perfect partner either, but it's how people work. I've seen it time and again.

There are two ways it can go when you tell the people who refuse to work properly on the project to leave.
1: The project falls apart faster, meaning that THE PROJECT WAS NEVER DOABLE
2: They stay because they want to make something, making the project move forwards.

Crying about the team falling apart faster is just saying you want to slowly die while getting cucked to death instead of facing reality instantly.

People will follow when they see proper leadership instead of cuckoldry. If they have someone to look at and say "alright this guy decides" or the team has a vision they can't fuck with then natural human instincts set in and people follow orders because there's a respectable hierarchy.

You're just whining and moaning like the cuckold you are, trying to claim that somehow if you cucked yourself harder people would have stayed on the team and the product will get done? If not then exactly what is your argument here? As said if the team "falls apart faster" then it was never going to work in the first place. Cry as you like this is what happens to every online project ever when there is no leadership and no set goal and no amount of cucking yourself will ever work.

That's quite a stretch.

No that's what cuckold porn is. Directly.

I kind of forgot it existed until the the other day even though I was excited enough to back it (something I'd never done before and will likely never do again). Last news I'd heard was maybe late last year or early this year that they brought some landwhale with a SJW history on the team. I don't have particularly high hopes, but I doubt it'll be irredeemable shit. Music should be top-tier if nothing else.

It's gonna be shit.

The characters look like generic post Nintendo modern Microsoft rareware characters.

Dropped hard

As opposed to looking like generic pre-Microsoft Rare characters?

fucking pussies with no emotional resilience. every single team has arguments on everything because they all care about the game in their own way.

The person who quit didn't do shit in actual practice/ actual work for the game. So who cares? don't quit. finish the game.

holy fuck its not like you have deadlines. take your time. "wahh i left 2 busy 2 hard" hahaha holy shit its not like the project is a job, its something to work when you have free time. That's all bullshit. you just left because you don't wanna deal with arguing, testament you don't care enough about the game. People like you should NEVER be leaders of anything.

With that said, finish the game. the best free projects work at snails pace, because good things come in good time.

Throw me some contact info so I can casually contribute, fuck it.

First I've heard of this. Maybe I missed it. Sauce?

No arguing there. I can't even enjoy PvP because everything is more or less one build and no fun allowed

But I would kill to see 3D platformers come back, with nice smooth controls, and special ways to maneuver, be it wings, or flippers, and the like or gadgets and tools.

Speaking of which how is Ape Escape 3? I played the shit out of 1 and a good amount of 2, but never got a chance to see 3

I agree with that much. I even agree that making it crumble faster is better than it crumbling slowly, at least less time is ultimately wasted that way. I didn't think that really needed to be pointed out.

However, it still feels like we're having two different conversations here. So let me try one more time. "Proper leadership" isn't the problem here, the problem is motivation. People either need to be motivated by making what they want to make, or money. Proper leadership won't change that. You seem to believe that all it takes is a firm hand and people will work on somebody else's ideas for free. As if yelling at people hard enough will make them like your idea instead of theirs. No amount of leadership will make that happen though. It's work on somebody else's idea you don't like, or work for free, choose only one.

I'm not saying the solution is to "cuck" yourself or bend to the other people's whims to make them happy. For one thing, your preferences count just as much as anybody else's, I'm not saying anybody is more or less right in these team-destroying disagreements. And with that said, even if you are willing to make the personal sacrifice to appease the others, it's an impossible solution If you've got three or more people, as if you cave to guy B's demands, C probably won't be happy. Make C happy and B probably won't be satisfied. A team of X people will probably have X ideas, but only 1 idea can ultimately be made.

So here's the bottom line. If you want to make a game about apples, you either need to find people who also want to make a game about apples, or pay orange fans to do apples instead. No amount of leadership and assertiveness will make people who want to do oranges make an apple game instead for free. People fail to recognize this unfortunate reality time and again, and this is why such projects almost always fall apart.

But otherwise, hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you would put dozens or hundreds of hours of work into something you personally think is stupid, and do it all for free, just because the person in charge was assertive enough. Doing so would sure show me, but I don't see that happening.

First of all, finish 2, because it's the best one. But 3 is very good as well. Certainly in the same league as the other two. A lot of people seem to like it more, but I suspect it's just because you can play as a loli.

My mistake on writing that, I finished 2, but never owned it, thus why I kept replaying Ape Escape. But I wouldn't mind trying 3 after you've told me about it I am actually not a fan of loli at all, cute girls being cute is fine, but I'm more of a milf kind of guy

Playtonic have been hyping something happening for May, I've been watching and expecting something to happen.

Seems like there's some teasers being dropped on their twitter?
Maybe bees are to be the main villains of the game?