The Room

I finally saw The Room and I have to say, I don't get it. It was certainly boring and despite some weird moments in dialogue it came across as nothing more than a poorly produced movie starring a bizarre person. I think I may have chuckled a few times at how odd it was but for the most part I feel like I watched something ironically popular and thus overrated.

That said, is it safe to say that something can be so bad it's good and also be overrated at the same time? I would even venture to ask why this is even popular in the first place. It's not entertaining. In retrospect its popularity seems like a product of hipster worship. Does that make The Room reddit-tier? The only thing that would make The Room interesting is if its popularity literally was manufactured.

Yu arr tearin' me apaht, OP!

Watching bad movies like the room by yourself is not fun. I think the enjoyment comes from laughing at them with other people.

Was that scene actually supposed to be funny? This is coming from off from the previous scenes establishing how Johnny was a virtuous person, doesn't even drink until pressured by his cheating fiance, and then vows to keep caring for her after confronting her on her lies. Tommy Wisseau is a terrible actor but after suspending my disbelief I saw what he was going for and stayed focused.

No. Nothing about The Room is supposed to be funny. That's what makes it so funny. Shame on you that I had to explain that.

This. OP is a freindless faggot that takes everything so seriously.

That sounds completely made up. Something unintentionally funny is really obvious but in The Room's case it's just dry and boring. This makes it feel really forced when people laud it for being a masterpiece in "good-bad movies."

This just cements the fraud of this movie being worthwhile. Something that is only good when you experience it with friends is not inherently good. That's the same defense people use to defend things like Call of Duty. "It's good with friends," is the biggest asterisk you can add when qualifying something.

The reality is that if you can only enjoy something with friends it's not the thing you're enjoying, it's your friend's company. Wouldn't you rather spend better time on better things with your friends than things that are shit? Really says a lot about people who like this movie. They must not only have shitty friends, they must be shitty people.

looks like your opinion was tainted by the fact that it's a popular "so bad it's good" movie. the problem lies within yourself, you can't appreciate the film as film.

Its a poorly made film that fails at everything it tries to achieve, that is where the comedy comes in. Awful script and direction, combined with a bad time on set made everyone phone it in and ham it up. Shame you couldn't appreciate it, OP, it really is hilarious.

Make sure you guys read the Disaster Artist.

No, plebbit can't into actual irony. This user gets it

Not listening to audiobook read Sestero

A board game can only be enjoyed with friends. Are you saying no board game is good?

All movies, keno, tv, gambling, sex, even Art itself, boils down to entertainment. ‘Good’ art is entertaining, even if it did it accidentally. “Bad’ art is boring or unpleasant to the senses, even if it was executed masterfully.

By that metric, if The Room entertains you, it’s good.

Subjectivism is the reason why no one has standards anymore. Kill yourself.

Wat

EXACTLY
DIE

The Room was always plebbit-tier. Old Holla Forums which loved The Room was the epitome of reddit and the baggage we carried from it managed to make its way here. Given the past responses it's only typical that Holla Forums still can't process things without still looking through the lens of reddit.

Excuses like "it's just a popular so-bad-its-good film" is just a coping mechanism with the fact that you share tastes with complete and total plebs. That and the fact that tommy wisseau's background is really suspicious could really mean that its popularity was not organic. Seriously look up people's attempts to find out his background. The guy's not as stupid as he acts.

No; the problem with modern art is entirely one of Marxist critical interpretation as the guiding principle for content creators. No one uses their intuition and internal aesthetic sense to do projects anymore for the sake of producing something of quality with the goal to entertain. Instead products are judged objectively by their ‘social’ relevance.

Is this objectively true or just your opinion?

What do you think he is? Some kind of agent?
Is The Room an experiment in psychological trauma?

Not everyone's a hipster you know. I enjoyed The Room because it made me laugh, who or why others like or don't like it has no bearing on this fact.

Room is stupid
No funny jokes, no one says Bazinga
I'm going to watch sausage party again
t. OP

Hence, subjectivism.

The problem here is that you cannot process how subjectivism paved the way for marxist critique:

Make everything "subject" to interpretation -> through interpretation all forms of critique are applicable -> for a critique to be applicable you have to insert your preclusion that the piece is about (insert irrelevant topic) and contains elements of (insert non-existent themes) - we come full circle as pseudo-intellectuals rely on subjectivism to do their marxists critiques.

Subjectivism is so ingrained into people's minds that people rarely realize it.

I know that you were trying to explain your poor understanding of how marxists have interfered with the arts but even then you made a critical error. Marxists cannot judge anything objectively. Their programming causes them to judge everything from a marxist lens. You cannot "judge objectively by " anything. You either judge objectively or don't.

Who knows. The people having trouble trying to find out his real background have had so much trouble that it caused non-media people who don't care for The Room to look into it and those people can't find anything. Tommy Wisseau is extremely dodgy on those questions and repeatedly lies about his origins.

Reddit is upset I see. Can't stand being called out on your terrible taste. It must really crush your soul you can't downvote a comment you don't agree with.

No retard. Marxist criticism is objective by its nature.

This is your mind on Holla Forums.

No_one_is_this_stupid.jpg

Wow.

Well I felt a little bit like you said. But then I realized that the most amazing thing about the film is how you can figure out that this movie is just a fantasy/projection of the protagonist. Everything is centered around him. It's incredibly autistic for this reason. Such display of lack of self awareness makes it unique and worth it of some kind of recognition.

The Room is just so incredibly alien it's amazing

I love bad movies and I didn't particularly enjoy this one either. I think it's a little too "boring-bad".

How do you objectively determine if a movíe is good?

It's always Reddit this and Reddit that. What, are you guys villagers from Reddit village or something?

The Room has been a classic in unintentional comedy since its inception and shouting Plebbit left, right, and center isn't going to change that. You can certainly argue that you didn't see the humor in it, or that I happen to enjoy a movie that retards from Reddit enjoy, but that doesn't change the fact that its awfulness is remarkable. Double Down and Fateful Findings are awful movies, too, and not particularly entertaining when watching alone, but with a crowd, they're a blast. Are those Reddit, too? Is everything fucking Reddit? I guess I'm Reddit now.

This is why you're all gonna die.

The redditor passive-aggressively snaps at you like a woman as he admits defeat.

Precisely. It's the same reason we love Nolan's hack job so much. It's stupid in all the right places.

Dear God.

Reminder that the inevitable biopic is being made by the Judd Apatow crew.

Can someone tell me how Tommy Wiseau is funny?

b-but the Nostalgia Critic told me it's funny

>you have to have a 300+IQ and understand post-post-post-post ironic humor ;^)

He's objectively funny.

cause he's a shitty actor and has some sort of super autism

He's not. He's just weird and that sometimes gets a chuckle. But most of the time he's just unnerving because he doesn't act human. The guy ages like his genes are unstable.
The pseudo-intellectual faggots on jewtube are actually using that as an argument. I'm not joking. There's videos out there advertising The Room as a movie that if you "enjoy" that makes you a 120+ IQ man. As if the reddit crowd wasn't bad enough.

Funny but says a lot about old Holla Forums. A lot of people on Holla Forums unironically liked NC then and when did his review of The Room come out? 2009? 2010? NC made Holla Forums laugh about it and so Holla Forums liked it too.

There are solo boardgames and some of them are enjoyable.

You fucks are all straying too far from the topic.

Seconding this

Seeing The Room at some hipster theatre with friends while drinking, responding to the dialogue, and throwing spoons is a lot of fun

It's pretty forgettable otherwise

You need better activities with friends than being a patron of a hipster theater. Being a hipster, supporting a hipster, and associating with hipsters is never okay.

Liking something because it's bad, not because it's hilarious sounds like a fags way off comedy. You're the type of person that unironically watch Sharknado and all those other piece of trash movies. Internet-cancer in it's essence.

You know user, breathing is pretty popular among the plebs at reddit. You better cut it out.

Problem with facts, brainlet?
Don't tell me you support your cuckitalist masters. Do you also let them fuck your wife? Assuming you've ever touched a woman, which is unlikely.