Hearthstone General: Why is this allowed addition

I haven't seen a general on here for hearthstone as of late so I thought I'd take it upon myself to do it.
Post them all nerds.

Fuck off

I mistakenly put money into this game when it first came out, I thought it was pretty fun at first, but it only took a few weeks to find out how really shit and boring it was

They got $20 dollars out of me and I vow to never spend money on another Blizzard product

Yeah alright.

It's so sad that Blizzard's most popular game at the moment is a very casual card game

šŸ˜‘

Hunters need buffs badly. They fucking suck right now.

Also nice 7/7 on turn 4 blizz.

could someone please tell me what's wrong with generals? if nothing else they keep people who like a game in that one thread and people who don't like that game can just hide the thread and not bother or do whatever.

Not sure, we have lot's of them constantly.

They're just being goobers dude.
They want to bait. Notice how they're always at the start of threads?
They just sit and wait and let out the bait.

I just see a lot of whining about them. Especially in the Codemonkey AMA the other day. People whining how it's ruining Holla Forums and shit.

In principle they are fine, for the reasons you mentioned. I think some anons hate them because they can devolve into general discussion outside the game, and lead to other things like name/tripfagging, circlejerking, and other things some consider "cancer". Just tell them to fuck off and enjoy your thread, if this game can manage to attract much real discussion here, which I doubt but good luck.

Thats three strikes, you're out.

That thing is a wheelbarrow of dicks in arena.

Oh yeah I can see that. It definetly sometimes happens in the Vita threads. It typically doesn't last very long if you don't feed it and weed it out but it can get pretty embarassing like that one guy confessing to fucking a dude, being a furry, doing drugs and having an alcohol problem, living with his parents and having autism or whatever the fuck. He got laughed out of the thread hard and hasn't been back since. Good times.

As far as hearthstone goes I also agree that it's probably a little too "mainstream" for this place. I've played it a few hours myself. Always get a winstreak to rank 19, stop playing and never bother with coming back. Just seems like you're at such a disadvantage if you don't have the cards that make up most of every deck that people copy off the internet and getting cards without using money feels like work especially with the adventures and whatever that cost a big bulk and give you a few cards that are absolutely needed for a lot of shit.

I don't play hearthstone but you can call any card game rng.
Why is that a problem though?

Aren't generals recurring threads? Why not just start the thread with something about hearthstone and say you want a HS thread

"General" has implications relating to the languishing of the old Holla Forums

time to check my dubs

i started playing when gvg came out and the first deck i made was this piece of shit (minus ancestral knowledge). play jeeves and then spam target dummies and shieldbearers and the jeeves never dies and eventually you fish out the bloodlust and combo your opponent from 30, good times. there was a time when this deck was actually good against specific decks like priest because footman-flametongue killed their chow and northshire.

i actually think the last expansion was really good but i still play wild because i miss belcher and haunted creeper.

i can't even bother to make a secret paladin deck for standard because of the lack of avenge
now i'm stuck playing murlocs/divine shields
i'd play dragons but i don't have their legendaries, or the new epic that doubled it's atk every turn

C'thun decks ruined standard play before it could even get interesting. Now everyone seems to just spam those. It even removes a lot of the class differences because they all go for the same gimmick with minor differences.

hearthstone has a lot more rng
your own cards can backfire
that can generally be planned against in other card games, not here

this
they could have just made c`thun do a bit more damage when he's summoned and that would be it. essentially he'd be a monster+avenging wrath
but nope, they had to make a special snowflake deck that 50% of the people play

I quit playing before the first expansion when I hit the pay wall

You pretty much have to use C'Thun unless you're aggro/tempo.

The only pure c'thun deck that is good is druids but even then the best c'thun deck isn't better than other top decks. I've personally been playing reno warlock c'thun a lot though and c'thun is more just for fun I think the deck is probably better without him.

So? I understand people not liking rng because it can be frustrating but if it's such a huge part of the game why even play it if
you don't like it? Currently in standard there really isn't a while lot of powerful RNG cards that everyone uses, so it doesn't make much sense to complain about it.

but i liked some of the cards standard removed

You can play wild then?

i just crafted alex last week so i feel your pain. i think you could get away with a decent dragon deck if you have brm and that 3/6 taunt dragon, thats all you really need just look at the old malylock decks.

shhh dont tell anyone but secret paladin is broken as fuck in wild

i was on a win streak from ranks 10-4 playing the deck

but then there's too much RNG

Then don't play the game?

but i like some parts of the game

I'm not trying to kick you out or anything mate, you either have to learn to deal with the occasional loss from RNG or stop playing I guess. I've been playing mtg for many years so I'm use to crazy random losses, way worse than what HS has done to me.

the only thing that scares me about rng is yogg, because as much of an ebin meme as it is yogg and load is actually turning out to be a decent deck. that card is bad for the game for sure, the range is just too big on what it can do.

right now standard is pretty ok though on rng short of the juggles, and of course shaman but they've always been like that.

Yeah yogg is a big exception, from what I've seen most of the time the person who played yogg comes out ahead, even if by a little bit. Sure he casts astral communion and does 20 dmg to the casters face sometimes but it feels like yogg doesn't have enough risk. Although I guess to get to the point where yogg casts enough spells where the player comes out ahead, you've had plenty of time to realize what kind of deck you're playing against and act accordingly.

Nigga please, I can name at least one for each class that can fuck you up in Standard and you'll be seeing every one of them daily depending on the deck.
In fact, I made a Ramp C'htun Druid with a retarded card-drawing engine just to avoid being fucked up by the RNG and I've got more wins by playing a retarded Shaman deck and waiting for the Bloodlust draw.

so you're complaining about people drawing into a win conditionā€¦. in a card game? what?

also anyone have suggestions for ways to improve this zoo list? im trying hellfire as a tech for patron but i still lose the matchup 100% of the time so its probably a lost cause

1 for each class isn't enough to complain about in my opinion, plus they need to all be played in almost every deck for it to be an issue. Piloted Shredder is an example of how it can go wrong. I feel most of the time the class rng cards are fine since the draw back is you can only play them in that one class. So if all mage's start running X rng card, every other class can tech in cards accordingly.

Also what you are saying is you made a deck that is very consistent because of the large amount of card draw and it wins a lot? The single most powerful thing in a card game like this is card advantage or card draw, so of course if you can consistently draw your win conditions, you're going to win. Not sure how that is an issue.

Why not 2 forbidden rituals?
I'd take out one argent squire.
I'd take out a dire wolf as well (it's goal is to form a little buff machinegun with a bunch of 1/1s, having 2 will sit dead in your hand half the time)
The hell fire is questionable since if you are clearing the board and you have nothing on the board, something has gone so disastrously wrong it doesn't make sense.
Check out Dark Iron Dwarf, and throw one in.
Check out Gormok the Impaler if you can.

the debate between did and defender is real. i like dark iron better actually but then when you're running flame imps especially its really really easy to just get burned down by aggressive decks in the later game. i actually used to run chow in zoo instead to get over this exact problem, pic related.

dont have gormok yet sadly :<

i like shadowflame over hellfire but shadowflame works best with creepers and implosions and eggs so you more consistently have shit on the board, so in an "oh shit" situation you dont have that last 1/1 like you used to to shadowflame.

not sold on forbidden ritual yet but i need to test more for sure.

good suggestions though thanks user.

I'm not complaining about win conditions, I'm saying that the RNG can completely screw you up and every class has a way to exploit it.
About the zoo deck, use two rituals and shadowflame, you can use power overwhelming+shadowflame, or shadowflame a buffed councilman to clean the board.

I was mildly hyped about the old gods expansion when they announced nerfs to broken old cards. But they didn't nerf ragnaros (8 mana 8/8 with a meta charge, still a threat when silenced) or alextrasza (15 burst damage that leaves a 8/8 on the board). And Thaurissan is still in the game, which still enables retarded as fuck combo decks.

It's enough RNG that you can't really plan around it. Sure while MTG and all card games have some element of RNG generally the game isn't decided by turn 2. Unless you're playing legacy in which case you've dumped 1500$ on a single card

Hunters are doing fine. They have N'zoth for deathrattle decks, and Call of the Wild for control and midrange.

You don't praise Yogg enough.

That last tavern brawl was pretty fun, once I got over how fucking obnoxious mechwarper/leaper and the mill druids were. I got a shitload of wins with upgrade/dread corsair warrior which hard counters basically everything but mechwarper or trogg shamans. It felt particularly good because I never saw a single other person running it and that's not something you can say often about Hearthstone, it was an effective deck and it was entirely mine.

You use shadowflame in conjuction with the buffs for big clears.

Also the argent horse rider is strange. The goal is you want to be on the forward foot constantly, not trading.

I don't see a conflict between two defenders and DID. Run a single DID. Think of it this way: it's one point more than the argent horserider, but instead of a 2/1 left over, it's a 4/4.

Like looking at the regular deck, you can accommodate all these for the same thing.

Remove:
1 argent squire for forbidden ritual
1 direwolf alpha
1 argent horserider for DID
1 hellfire for shadowflame

With the extra slot,throw in gormok or a second sea giant.

The shadowflame is also questionable. The reason being: you aren't going to win every match up. The goal is not to try and be good against every deck, but marginalize what you can. If you are being outmassed, then you simply aren't beating that deck. Just accept it's an ass match up and don't distort your deck for it because it will make other, more powerful match ups potentially shitty. When playing other people with well tuned decks, a dead card that makes a dead turn will be all it takes for them to turn a lost game into a won game.

They aren't doing fine at all. They have no card draw, no (reliable) board clears, and no mitigation/restoration. They play at control speed but as a mid-range deck.Their entire early game rest on coin flips. The fact people are clamoring for "proof" of hunter decks getting to legend says enough.

Hellfire/Healbot worked pretty well for me.

Back on 4chan we had so many they were clogging the catalog. They had to eventually be moved to a separate board.

Not only were they incubators for tripfags and varied sorts of cancer, but they also were also changing the way a game would be discussed.
It was no longer a doom thread or a starcraft thread. Now it was a specific general, with a specific OP that had to be kept alive for some reason even if nothing new was happening. So naturally to fill it people did stupid shit and became even more cancerous.

Do not promote generals.
Just make normal fucking threads.

Hunter is probably the worst class right now.

Against Mech-Leaper decks, Elemental Destruction kills the board and you can follow it up with Nerubian Prophet, Thing from Below, or Volcanic Drake if you want to flood the board. Any body with 6 or more Health would also suffice.

Mill decks probably beat the shit out of it, and Gorilla-Mech decks have a failsafe in the form of Gorilla Bots generating more cards.

The most fun I've had this brawl, though, was playing Misstress of Pain and Demonfuse. It wasn't a particularly good deck, but beating out Priests who thought they could fatigue me to death was fun.

I don't have any of those so my mechwarper counter deck was nerubian egg hellfire, which works as long as you go second.

came across someone named UrbanLegend in causal play
stacked deck and just murdered me with all the new cards and legendaries
does that thing where won't kill you off even though they could
I just left and had and shave and shower, 15-20 mins at least
come back and he is still taunting and has like 7x 25+ attack and finally my deck is empty and so he finally kills me before the deck can

Hope they had a good time, my shave and shower went as expected.

horserider synergizes with every minion in zoo though. in fact its my favorite zoo card. synergizes with argus, did, abusive, doggy, not to mention horsey-po-po-doomguard for the warlock version of force-savage.

dire wolf is better with old zoo though i agree, i'll try taking one out

and its not distorting the deck. warlock is the best deck to tech in single copies of cards to improve matchups because you draw through most of your deck.

and you dont trade with zoo? what? is zoo now an aggro deck? zoo has ALWAYS been a control deck because of the fleeting nature of your buffs and the order in which you have to trade to get maximum value. even if you wanted to make a more face-y zoo horserider is a great face card so i dont see the issue.

Think of it this way: what could you be playing with that 3 mana? If you are hoping to combo it for 7 mana, that's no bueno.

You can keep it, but I feel it's creating a lot of slack.

Horserider allows you to trade favorable though, the goal of zoo is not face damage it's to control the board completely the rider helps with that, I personally would probably run 1 unless I found something better.

The only generals that were needed were the ones where actual "development" happened or generals discussing a broad range of games. Alicesoft, grand strategy and emulation did a pretty good job. Dwarf Fortress general used to be clean and friendly a few years back. But other than that, most of it was shit.

three drops in zoo are all trash except for imp gang boss, lol. the councilman is ok but i dont think its the greatest thing ever or anything. the councilman is slow, and is better as a late drop when you can play other stuff with it like the 0 mana tentacle spell. the horserider on the other hand is always good, it can always be buffed to trade and it has the flexibility to either clear a 3/2 early game or combo for lethal at the end.

No way! He's sick on turn three. He's got 5 health. And if left alive he's going to turn into a monster. They have to either burn through big cards to deal with him that turn, or face the music.

I disagree councilman is very good, he HAS to be dealt with or the opponent can say goodbye to their 4 drop at
the very least, he applies great pressure and extends your board advantage even further.

i have not had this experience at all. trump approves of the card apparently too but i dont believe yet. maybe it's because i dont run the second ritual, idk. i guess i'll do more testing with it.

This, councilman + ritual wins more games than horserider.

Any whisper's cards work in secret pally?
I never played the deck and I don't play wild so I don't know the meta now.

Do many people play Wild? I can't imagine there is much competition.

I need those ritual cards for my zoo deck. It's like one of the few non-legendary cards from WotOG that haven't gotten yet.

i think they very carefully tried not to give paladin any more cards for the challenger deck because it was already so op, i havent found anything that really synergizes. you want your 2-3-4-5-6-7-8, and the best curve already exists and no new cards have topped it.

im rank 3 and im getting matched with rank 13 legend so that should say something. you dont have to wait to queue though because they let you queue with people that are a bit further from your rank than normal, so its not a big deal.

People often complain about the meta always being set and stone and shit.
Just play the game for funsies, don't look online for decks, don't stick to only three decks, make your own.
I've gone to tournaments and have still done well with meme decks like this one that consists entirely of Ogres and Monkeys.
Games like hearthstone are games where you need to think outside the box and make your own fun. People don't seem to realize this.

Halfway thereā€¦

If I can't make a deck with mechs and necromancy, then why even fucking play, man

patron warrior my man

Here's the standard Control Mage I've been using to climb ladder. It's the only thing I've found that can stand up to the meta. Hell, I just ground out a N'zoth Paladin with this shit. It has the board clears and healing to answer aggro, the Flamestrike to answer Gadgetzan/Conceal, and the Forgotten Torch/Cabalist's Tome to answer control.

If I owned them I would replace one Blizzard with Chillmaw. And maybe replace Nefarian with Ysera as well.

It begins user.

It begins.

Compare HS to something like MTG. Even though modern MTG is shit, it's still far more skill-based. The mobile format forces HS to have too many random factors. Random, swingy games are branded as "fun" because the rush you get when you get a stupid win will cause you to forget the last few utterly stupid losses.

Product, not a game.

I can't say how right on the dot you are. With all the silly shit and RNG in this game, making cool/ funny decks should be the norm.

I swear to god, the esports shit this game just HAS to have will be the death of it one day. I would post the picture of that dip shit digging a trench to the golf hole with is driver and act all defensive when he is called out on it, but I don't have it unfortunately.

TL:DR Shit like meta kill stuff like this. And any good will made by games like this is stomped out by things like netdecks and the desire for winning and only winning.

Don't believe me? Just look at the fucking tavern brawl. So much cheese, It's like I'm swimming through a sea of Velveta.

Any suggestions?

Uninstall.exe

Why are you still here?

Why Hogger? You are better with an Al'Akir or a Bloodlust.

That game ended up as well as you could imagine really. It was vs a fucking Arena bot, I have never been so humiliated in my life

I'm actually curious if anybody still plays Hex or any of the other games or if the community died out around the same time I stopped making the generals due to lack of time.

r8 my decks. I dont have all the cards and would replace some cards with others but for the most part the decks are good. My handlock seems to be the only viable handlock I have ever seen since it just deletes zoo.

your deck, and this entire thread, would be vastly improved with doubles like these

How is the desire for winning a bad thing? I certainly don't have more fun if I'm playing a bad deck. I'd much rather play a deck that has a good curve and card choices than a pile that I threw together because there's no way that I can build a deck by myself that is better than what hundreds of people have spent thousands of hours tuning. Most people have a lot more fun if they're winning with face hunter or shaman than if they're getting crushed every game playing dragon pirate warrior.

I stopped playing when tgt first came out because I was burnt out. Now I feel so behind.

TGT was a pretty shitty expac. I took a break around them too but I managed to get back into the game with Explorers.

Good news is that you get a bunch of free WotOG packs just for logging in and playing. But the game is hard to get back into.

I never started hex because if I wanted to dump money into a game I'd pick up magic again.

I do kind of agree with you there. The desire of winning plays a part in having fun, but in my opinion, it shouldn't be the only thing that should determine what is fun. Things like: Experimentation with creative decks; war stories on how a misplay, RNG, or some other thing won you or screwed you out of a game; etc. Stuff like that should play just as big as a part as winning. Look at games like X-Com, where people can tell you their experiences on how they lost some of their best units due to some enemy synergy. Or someone running a hard core Diablo character who just missed dying with a dodge or well timed heal or spell.

I would like to end this on a popular saying. Life is a journey, not a destination.

Honestly though, the first two to four weeks of an adventure / pack drop is like free pickings when it comes to fooling retards out of their hard earned dosh. If you're also gud enough, you can win drafts and sell one of the packs you win to just jump back into another one.

this pleb right here

just play priest and steal their cthuun, about half of the time i steal it on turn 10 they insta-concede, also if you are not going to survive a cthuun because your opponent has board advantage, you probably weren't gonna win anyways. so cthuun either hurts your opponent or it does nothing if you play priest.

It's not the winrate of C'Thun decks that's the problem, it's just that all of them play the same and it's so fucking boring

Does the new Eater of Secrets card does anything against that deck? Haven't played much Wild, if at all.

I get that you may be running on a budget, but not running Flamewreathed Faceless is a sin, especially on a midrange style deck that aims to win a few turns after turn 10 hits. And why Lightning Bolt? You don't really need that much removal right?

I should just remake the threads later tonight, see if anybody is still interested in it And hopefully Netrunner-user didn't kill himself yet from lack of players

youre turning in to a jew, next time youre going to squeeze some poor goys balls to try to make up for 'lost profit'

I apparently deleted the picture of me flooding the board with Killblades. I had easily four times the amount as in pic related.

how many more buzzwords do I need? kill yourselves honestly

This thread reminded me of hex and I reinstalled it, glad to see they added a campaign mode and im currently playing through it with a vennen deck

Now I remember why I quit, there is no way of getting new cards except if you pay. Cant even grind autistically for gold because missions only give gold once.

Didnt know dungeons still gave gold, only have the one in that tent unlocked. Fuck pvp with pleb cards though

Can Holla Forums recommend a bot for hearthstone? Farming gold bores me to tears

user, please, you're reminding me of my drunken autistic rampage on their forums about how fucking retardedly written and design most Act 1 is. Arena is still the least painful way to grind and, if you got any Hanukkah in you, you can probably make a living off the market if you're a NEET