UniKitty!

So UniKitty from the Lego Movie is getting her own show. Cartoon Network will be premiering an episode of this show on October 27th and it should start airing regularly sometime in 2018.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=-z2G_oxoE9U
mega.nz/#!nxgCyZCa!GcnKkcV4iDGN7wr_l7zPcaNognwLIAqmZ_XA5pqCUjA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Webm that shit nigger.

Did they seriously have to make it look like trash? I know it's a cash grab on princess unikitty, but could have some effort have been put into this at the very least?

Here, if you don't want to give youtube views just view it on hooktube.
hooktube.com/watch?v=-z2G_oxoE9U

This is WBA/CN, the same team behind TTG

DoA.

Fuck

What's with with Tara Strong? She's not that bad as a VA.

Tbh this is pretty much how I'd expect a Unikitty show to look. What were you expecting?

The main issue is that she is very over-used and at this point people would rather have new female VAs start coming in.

To look like lego, one of the charm from the lego movie is gone that everything is made from lego bricks and can be changed at will. Also, the flash animation is hideous and reminds me way too much like TTG rather than trying to be like how the movie it's based on was like.

Correction, TTG is not flash but my point still remains.

She only has 3 voices and is just another liberal mouthpiece.

I don't remember her being a liberal mouthpiece when she does raven, so there's hope.

2d digital animation

Making it look like the LEGO Movie (or similar to) would require a much higher budget. The best you could hope for a TV show would be a halfway between Ninjago/Chima/Nexo Knights art style with the stop motion like movement of the LEGO Movie.

I feel like they're going to get unikitty's personality completely wrong. From the preview it looks like she's going to get angrier more frequently than in the movie where she tried to avoid it as often as possible. They're also going to make make her annoying lelsorandumbxD when a lot of her cutesy happiness was a facade to ignore and suppress her anger management problem.

That’s what happened when you make a show based around a meme bit character

She was a good character in the movie, better than batman who it was obvious they really wanted him to become a popular internet meme.

Id say not meme but but just…Side character.

There is no SIN with being a Side Character. But in the age of squeezing blood from stones, leave no side character untapped for mini series.

Meh. They've been teasing this one for what feels like years. I'd say it will fail, but knowing modern Cartoon Network, it will probably go on to get 10 seasons.

I could argue that she wasn't a side character, but one of the main characters. She had her own problems and conflict to deal with and could stand up on her own as an independent character if something should happen to emmet.

cartoons now just feel like constant noise

It's complete bullshit they wouldn't be able to get that lego movie feel without a high budget. Even if they kept the simple animation, if the lego humor and lego like feeling was still there it could still be a decent cartoon.

They have CGI LEGO shows that don’t have the LEGO Movie physics

This is directly based off the lego movie

“Let’s acknowledge that type of animation in the very beginning of the intro, that’ll be enough”

That's how they've been for decades.

That intro feels cut in half

link for the episode:
mega.nz/#!nxgCyZCa!GcnKkcV4iDGN7wr_l7zPcaNognwLIAqmZ_XA5pqCUjA

The way CN is advertising this show is giving me some red flags.

YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW 2.0?

Meh, it was okay. Unikitty wasn't entirely out of character, her angry side only surfaced when she had a moment of weakness.

Niggers, all of you.

No! Fuck you! Bring back Alison Brie!

Definitely, the babymetal song they used only was even slightly metallic for ~3 seconds.

This. This was pretty disappointing.
They could have done so much more interesting stuff, even when animating it in 2D.

I am fine with this so long as Paige Puffin from Surf's Up 2: WaveMania also gets the show she pitched.

bump