Why can't people just let go of Ocarina of Time?

Why can't people just let go of Ocarina of Time?

Why does every future Zelda game have to be based around nostalgia for it?

Why can't people just let go of the Zelda series?

Why does every autistic manchild in their 20s and 30s have to keep playing games designed for 10 year olds?

this

Ocarina of Time is really just a 3D remake of A Link To The Past: do three dungeons to get a green, red and blue thing, use them to unlock the master sword, then find out that's not enough to beat the game, so you do a number of new dungeons in the alternate world and then you fight Ganon(dorf).

Not that there's anything wrong with that, aLttP is a good game, but that's where the formula really comes from.

Because that's literally the only thing Zelda has going for it at this point.

I'm glad someone else says it.

I wonder why people remember OoT so much but not LttP, since that was when all the zelda tropes people know about originated from.

I'm still waiting for them to REALLY return to their roots and try again with a pure exploration one like the original, or give the overworld/2d platform thing another shot.

DUBS OF TRUTH

now checkem

The only time I ever see OoT get brought up is a) shota threads and b) people complaining that no one shuts up about it.

So you tell us. Why can't you just let go of it?

You mean all of them?

Every Nintendo game at least.

The coming NX Zelda looks like another OoT rehash.

Skyward Sword and Wind Waker were just OoT in different settings.

Apparently, wrapping your head around the possibility of a game just being that good is too confusing.
And no, trying to come up with literally anything to detract OoT from its status so you can be a contrarian cunt doesn't make it less of that good of a video game.

Das gay user.

I don't care. I'm only here for the shotas.

I know.

Link to the Past was way better.

The last Zelda game I enjoyed in any respects was Phantom Hourglass. Twilight Princess was basically the point where I gave up on the whole franchise.

Now it seems that it wasn't just Zelda, but everything related to Nintendo that needed giving up on.

Ocarina of Time is really just a 3D remake of A Link To The Past

Then you're only that much dumber for not noticing they're all essentially a remake of the same game, because that's their entire design philosophy. Not only that, they're not even making 'the latest mario' or 'the latest zelda', what nintendo does is they start making a new entry into an entire genre, and what series it falls into is decided by what's their most obvious nintendo flagship. New games like splatoon or chibi robo only happen when they strenuously make a specific effort to create a new IP for IP value's sake or to establish new meat within their company. But always for a specific reason. For example, there aren't any new Metroid games because nobody at nintendo is the maze platformer guy, and if there was one, there would be a new metroid every other year. As often as that guy could get a new game ready for shipping.

Kimishima might bring something of a change into that, or at the least he'll be focusing more on cultivation projectects like Splatoon. He'll have to as the old guys gets older, and it's actually already overdue for that. All the amiibo shit is also because majority of the actual workforce at nintendo are at marketing positions or code monkeys, not game devs.

Someone post shota link and grow Midna, i want /ss/

:^)

I have never played a Zelda game, but judging by the autism from Holla Forumstards in the past, I feel relieved by not bothering

ur a cheeky cunt m8

Because it's the only good game in the entire series.

The reason people remember OoT more than LttP is due to the fact that the N64 was part of the generation where sega practically didn't exist.

OoT was also a transition to 3D that was perfectly successful and not plagued with bugs in a day and age where such bugs would be commonplace.

I like it for the foundation it set up, but the problem is that people don't accept any game that doesn't parrot it.

Twilight Princess is quite literally OoT, just delayed in the timeline and with easy as fuck bosses, holy shit.

As it stands, Nintendo is with all other game developers and is scared to try "new" with such popular brands.

Making a game that differs too much from the franchise in one way or another.

this it?

Just try out the pre-N64 Zelda's to see how you like them. Don't worry too much about the autism, all popular game series attracts it.

There one like that too.

I just want a new zelda with a good overworld and decent dungeons

It seems like after Majora's mask the overworld got smaller and more barren.

Like, give me skulltulas again. Give me secret grottos. give me iced off walled areas. Give me things to find in the deep ocean. Every time they've made a 3d zelda after MM there's been like next to nothing to look for outside of dungeons

I'd like to play a WW type game but with diving and swimming.

Never get my hope up.

More on this pic kind,but lewder

Nostalgiafag.

What the fuck are poes and bugs in TP. What the fuck are items hidden on islands and that one easter egg island in WW. What the fuck are the goddess cubes or whateverthefuck in SS (they were the most retarded search item, but whatever).

FIFY

10/10 thank you user.Have a froggy as thank you

The only thing that keeps me from going on a mass murdering spree is that fact that homosexuals will burn in hell for eternity. Thank Jesus for that.

froggy a slut

She is

i'd bury my cock so deep in her ass that when it came out of her mout it would have more reach than her tongue though

Your shitty generalization is not true and you know it.

Okay let me break it down for you as what I mean

In ALTTP the collectibles you had Heart containers (Standard), Some extra weapons, and upgrades to armor, sword, shield and boomerang, and the bottles Which I admit is one of the weakest

In Ocarina, you had 20 Heart containers, 10 Poe souls, 100 Skulltulas, extra weapons such as biggoron sword which was its own side quest, 6 great faeries, 10 magic beans on top of upgrades

In Majora's Mask you had the 20 masks, 60 Skulltula, 60 Stray faeries, 28 stickers from the bomber notebook among upgrades of course

Twilight princess had 16 Letters, 24 Bugs, 7 fish, 60 poe souls

Skyward Sword had 10 medals, 16 treasures, 12 bugs, 27 goddess cubes.

Though you're right, WW has far more collectables than I give credit for at 61 charts, 23 blue chus, 12 decorations, 6 big octos and 12 special charts, still, care to explain how TP and had less and SS had even less than that if it was purely nostalgia talking?

Well Skyward Sword was tiny. I've got no explanation for Imp Waifu game though.

I miss cuckchan.

That's my point though, 3D Zeldas have gotten less and less of an Overworld. They had an expansive one and reasons to go out and look for things in MM and Wind Waker, but it seems like after that, they just got smaller and smaller. It's not even nostalgia, I pointed out how the amount of collectables have shrank significantly with each edition

you mean you miss tumblr?

That's a funny joke m8.

Now it has been a while so forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't MM's overworld essentially just a single area with jack shit in it? Once you picked a cardinal direction you would get "more" overworld, but it was always a fairly linear area with one thing shooting off of it (ie: goron village, or whatever) that you had to visit. It was closer to an extension of the dungeon than an actual overworld.

It actually had a lot of areas inside those extensions but the focal point were the dungeons you are right. It was essentially all about clocktown and the ranch and the different times of day really. Still had way more going on with the overworld that it had unlike Twilight Princess or Skyward sword which felt barren as fuck

SS felt barren because the "overworld", which was basically the empty sky, was devoid of anything. Basically all it had was Skyloft and Pumpkin Island. They could have put all sorts of floating islands with different themes similar to how WW did it's islands.
I thought TP had a fairly descent sized world but it was just empty of things to do other than ghost hunt and bug hunt.

That's why I just want more than anything, for the new Zelda to have a large yet packed overworld with a decent amount of things to do.

Sometime suffering, sometimes feels good.

If it's personal favorites, I'd either agree with either Link's Awakening or Zelda 1 (I've memorized them both to the point where I've started speedrunning them).

As for best Zelda, that's harder for me to give a suggestion. ALttP and OoT are the most remembered because they set the foundation. ALttP more or less codified how all later Zelda games would be structured. OoT was the one that brought Zelda games to 3D and tested out new camera and sound functionality that is still being used to this day ("new" being relative to Mario64 and how it handled the transition to 3D).

Not enough Midna

Feels bad, man

He's right though.

You're not an adult because you play GrandTheftAuto auto nigger.

That's pretty Low Tier art user. Step up your game.

Story-wise it's a genesis for the entire series as the war mentioned in A Link to the Past (that and Aonuma's not terrifically imaginative), gameplay-wise it's a genesis for the entire series as its introduction into 3D that both future Zelda games and many future action games would draw most or all of their mechanics from.

It hurts.

wait a minute that face

Maybe people would let go of Ocarina of Time if Nintendo would for once actually fucking make a game better than it, rather than every subsequent 3D Zelda being somehow worse than the last one.

Can we stop this meme already? Ocarina does quite a number of new things and improvements over Link to the Past besides merely being 3D. It is far from merely "ALttP in 3D, lol".

Don't turn this into Sonic the Hedgehog, asshole.

Reminder that most N64 games are overrated as fuck because that console barely had any games compared to PC, PS1 and even handhelds.
People who bought it had to rationalize their purchase by acting like it had extremely revolutionary games. The best example would be Goldeneye, which was awful compared to most first-person shooters on PC at the time (and even games several years old than it), but was still lauded for being "revolutionary".

GOLDENEYE WAS SO FUCKING SHIT JESUS CHRIST
IT IS THE DEFINITION OF A GAME BEING VIEWED THROUGH NOSTALGIA GLASSES

There were actually good FPS on the N64 like Doom 64, but they always take a backseat for fucking Goldeneye. It didn't even play well at the time, like I said there were other much better FPS on the N64 at the time. People only had fun with it because of the multiplayer mode which also wasn't good. Why did anybody like that game other than what system it was made for?

The worst part is the 2D zelda games are completely opposite of this. They are fucking fast and you barely need to talk to people.

Doom 64 was good?

I'm serious, it was one of the few games for the N64 I never got around to trying, so I honestly don't know if it's a good game or not.

It's really damn good. It's basically a whole new game.

I recommend playing it in the dark.

Actually MM came out when I was 5.

play them there good, ignore the autism.

>tfw I was 5 when the original LoZ came out

Why do we have to argue which game is best. We've all held the mantle of Link at one point or another.

This is not what Miyamoto would have wanted.

quads confirm it

Honestly growing up the LoZ games just did not hold my attention at all.

Because we have too.

Speak for yourself, Zelda games are formulaic crap, if you do not like that formula that every game follows then you won't like any of the games like me.>>9351128

The game is called Triforce of the Gods 2 in Japan.

I know it's supposed to be a direct sequel but the worlds are exactly the same in every respect but dungeon layouts, it rustles the fuck out of me when you've got other games with massive overworld shifts despite being claimed to be the same world as [x previous Zelda game]. Hell, Twilight Princess is directly stated to be Ocarina of Time's Hyrule a few decades or centuries later and it's still so different in layout that the Gerudo Desert is off in the distance as a place you need a cannon or warping to access.

That and Lorule quite literally being the Dark World in layout, monsters, background details like tree shapes, etc was the laziest thing I've ever seen.

Even the dungeon layouts were fucking lazy though

It was supposed to be a remake before Aonuma fucked with it.

An extra dimension isn't the reason why 3D zelda games are slow and dumb

I remember when it came out, we all kept saying it still wasn't as fun as Link to the Past

Can we all agree story and lorefags are cancer in the Zelda fanbase?

You would have played a zelda game with no story?

What would that be? Ninja warrior: the game?

That don't make no damn sense.

No?

I think he means how now each game is connected

Ain't that the point of making a game called
The legend of Zelda: [insert subtitle of this specific iteration here] ?

Well, before, each game was pretty much stand alone, now it's kinda like Nintendo wants to tie them all together as one big story

I know what he means, I just disagree.

The problem is nintendo and their realization that they don't have to do anything but pander to nostalgia. Swear on my mother's grave, most of their revenue comes from adults "trying to relive the glory days."

People still are cautious around pretty much every dev. But when it comes to nintendo, there is absolutely no widespread criticism of anything they do outside of their youtube kikery. Hell, people are hyping the fuck out of yet ANOTHER pokemon game, but when I ask why all the hype? It's because of the fucking character designs. Not gameplay, fucking character designs. It's fucking ridiculous, and it's made worse that the manchildren of last gen are corrupting the youths of this gen into believing that nintendo is the pinnacle of vidya. It's disgusting.

They've manufactured a safe space for themselves where if you hate on them, then you're just "an asshole elitest gamer who can't have fun and had no childhood." I urge all nintendofags of this board to PLEASE, for the love of GOD, have some goddamn dignity and self-awareness for ONCE.

You know some people just like their new stuff.

New Dankey Kangs are great
Splatoon is great
Wonderful 101 is great
Bayonetta 2 is great
Hyrule Warriors is addicting. On paper it feels like it shouldn't be as enjoyable as it is.
et cetera.

The WiiU was honestly the only console choice for someone who has a good enough PC already to run the multiplat shitfests.

please, this place is shit enough as it is without your horseshit.

You're right.
That is a problem.
Maybe they should make a Zelda better than Ocarina of Time so people will stop obsessing over it.
It has been nearly 20 fucking years.
Have they managed to make one in all that time?
No.
Not even close.
They've made them easier and more slapdash because OoT doesn't appeal to a casual market.
A game better or even close to OoT wouldn't be as profitable and the cost and production time wouldn't be worth it to nintendo.
Casuals get buttmad at exploration and puzzles.
If they're done with any real quality all a casual does is look up solutions and guides.
At that point they're not playing a game, they're just doing what a guide tells them to do.
They are not actually playing a game because they are sacrificing their agency for progression.
Journo shitbags do the same and the game gets a low rating.
Casuals see the rating and don't buy it.
Nintendo doesn't try to make the same mistake again.

Chill out, nigger.
He's right, there's not much point in getting a PS4 or Xbone given that the vast majority of their games are on PC.

I would have to say you are wrong because you are setting up mistake as qualities that expands upon what makes Legend of Zelda great.

but you are spot on. Children have any # of options for video games or entertainment and they aren't going to focus on trying to complete a puzzle that can be challenging for them when they can find another avenue for instant gratification.

I ain't baiting anything, I was sharing my personal opinion in a response to the guy above me saying people only like them for nostalgia. I feel like the handful of great exclusives the WiiU has makes it a winner because of a general lack of exclusives from other platforms.

In terms of multiplats it's PC every time for me.

People never played Zelda for puzzles tbh fam. I liked Zelda because it was a quality open-world action game with a quest and secrets to find.

Goldeneye was a good game you shitter. Play with the Turok control scheme and it plays like a modern game.

I will agree that Perfect Dark is the better game. And Doom 64 was good on PC because the game controls like shit on the N64.

You're a shill, I understood that already.

There's no point in getting any of the consoles because they're all fucking awful.

artist of second one?

I don't even like Ocarina of time or Majoras Mask as much as I like Wind Waker. They are incredibly overrated

Because there hasn't been a Zelda game that surpasses it, some may do things better than it did but none of them do EVERYTHING better than it did

Bad writing and inconvenient placement. It's at the center of events for nearly every other game in the series and thus has to be referenced or acknowledged at some point in each game

Skyward leads up to it
TP, WW, MM, ALTTP, and several others happen because of it
Really the only Zelda games that don't rely heavily on OoT are the Capcom ones

I just want a sequel to Zelda II that keeps the artstyle they used for the manuals, or for someone to make a spiritual successor to Zelda II's gameplay