Getting Some Corporate Clout

We need to have a conversation about how to monetize ourselves. The cultural gatekeepers of the Internet are multi-billion dollar businesses who use their clout to censor political views and restrict who gets to see what. If you want something on the scale of Youtube or Facebook, but without all the underhanded tactics for censoring and burying the "wrong" opinions, then we need specific concrete ways to monetize our presence on the Internet.

Some general conclusions I've come to:

We need to make our money in a way that's congenial to ourselves, with none of the possible arm-twisting that comes from relying on ad revenue for example.

In keeping with a culture of anonymity we should build business models that rely ONLY on anonymous forms of payment: cash, crypto, anonymous prepaid cards and possibly some other options I'll talk about if this thread gets any bumpage. But we should really delve into this and become as notorious for our use of crypto as we are for dank memes.

A low barrier of entry is a must. I doubt that any of us is a financial heavy-weight who's able to fund some kind of high-stakes business venture. This has to be something very simple and cheap but with the ability to grow.

It needs to be outside the reach of DMCA. So probably the darknet, or at least some kind of anonymous hosting service provider like anonymously.io/ that takes crypto, doesn't need to know your name and tells DMCA to fuck itself.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/pol/res/9328669.html#q9328669
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
virwox.com/
mmoclub.com/
ecns.cn/cns-wire/2013/12-09/91859.shtml
wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Guide_to_Jobs_in_Second_Life
whatboyswant.com/credits
storj.io/
dailydot.com/unclick/rare-pepe-frog-meme-economy/
archive.is/uAmMH
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Compound Interest.

GET IN THE OVEN KIKE

You cannot monetize this website. If you want to make some shekels, organize and crowdfund a youtube alternative without google's community guideline kikery that isn't as bad as dailymotion/vimeo. Many shekels could be made and it could be an uncensored propoganda platform.

To be fair to the OP, money and source of income is being used to attack and censor many who don't follow the MSM approved agenda. They may not be as hardline, but they are alternative sources of news and information that reach normalfags. If there was an alternative they could all use that doesn't rely on income from the likes of jewgle adverts, that allows people to speak freely, it would weaken the enemy's control over information flow to the public…

Nah. I stay pirate. I'm good. Just steal the system and fuck their (((money))).

Micropayments made in buttcoins and attached to cookies or something.

Set the price low like $0.10 an hour of posting, and maybe a $1 daily pass for the no lifers and nobody is going to worry too much about the cost. Buttcoins of whatever flavor is meming these days avoid the banks, and using a cookie avoids the need for an account or any kind of identity. It expires after the session no matter, so you lose a couple of cents if you don't use the whole hour, but solves the problem of linking an identity to your posts.

The price could be even lower on an imageboard hosted on the darknet due to the extremely low bandwidth requirements of a site already built to media low. It might not make much of a profit but could rather easily stay self funding at both low levels and scale up to rather heavily used sites almost on the fly as the userbase swells or shrinks.

bantr.io and gab.ai tried this already. Don't forget VOAT which can't even afford the servers for its traffic. Doesn't work.

8ch.net/pol/res/9328669.html#q9328669

The incorruptible future you speak of OP is that of decentralization of community infrastructure. When no one owns the servers (or in this case, everyone) (((they))) can't censor our inconvenient information exchanges.

The reason Faceberg and Jewgle are allowed to censor with impunity is that their communities are very attached to their infrastructure. No one else is allowed to run a facebook server so Zuckercuck gets to make the rules. Getting all your friends to move to a Facebook competitor is very very difficult since it ends up being an "everyone or no one" situation.

It's the same problem on chans. Think of all the invalids who stayed behind on 4chan when the rest of us moved here. What if you could decouple the admin/mod teams from the community? Then you keep everything else, just throw away mods/server owners that become corrupt and "hire" new ones. If we decentralized our imageboards we could do that. Anyone could run an Holla Forums node and have authority over it. People would naturally migrate to those they felt had mods that most completely did their job (filtering spam and CP and keeping the content on topic) rather than throwing their powercock around and deleting opinions they disagree with. NNTPchan is currently working on this.

Money and power corrupt, OP.

This is a real brilliant insight. I've never thought of this. I've heard of NNTPchan. I suppose you're on of the tech anons I spoke to.

The future will have to be a bit of both I believe. Where if a situation occurs that those who have to not rely on the central system can in time, be self-sustainable. Think of it as a back-up measure to US power grid.

Obviously, we can never replace centralized power but if even 10% or 20% of our power can come from local sources, we can offset the costs and strain on the centralized system for it to become more efficient and reap the rewards.

Basically, modernization is all about strong centralization, but the power of the future relies in decentralization of this power without losing much efficiency.

For monetization maybe something similar to 4chan passes, in that the pass let you skip the captcha (which is very necessary to prevent spam). So if users were charged in some way for very specific features (those that make moderation difficult, like bypassing CAPTCHA) then we could make it expensive to abuse those extra privileges. If you have any ideas about that aspect it would be helpful. Stopping spam, especially CP is paramount.

It would be nice to have some sort of corporation/organization working in our interest though (even if just taking money to push the imageboard software ahead). We can't trust Jim or any imageboard owner for that matter.

It makes you wonder if the CIA really does fund shit like Facebook, Youtube/Google, and Reddit. I'm sure just the datamining alone is worth billions.

With all of the censorship going on, are you going to take part in the gold rush to build alternative sites to
It's time the old skin flakes off and we enrich ourselves in so doing.

Well said. Think about Twitter, there's no reason it couldn't be decentralized with different node clusters running in a federated architecture. It's nothing more than an IRC ripoff anyway.

Another example, we need to replace Jewggle. Their censored index is shit.

The enemy is willing to run at a loss to push propaganda and social engineering initiatives, as long as you diversify and are financially successful with some other kind of business the nonprofitability of mongolian shitposting BBS is not an issue, if I was a richfag I would not mind paying big shekels to fuck up kikebook by attrition. I am working on being a richfag but it takes time and is uncertain, hell (((they))) run most MSM outlets at a loss these days and rely on the other assets of the media's parent conglomerate to keep pushing the bluepills on the masses, Twitter and Facebook are in much worse financial shape than they would have you believe, especially given how much printed QE money gets pumped into kikebook and Silicon Valley in general. Unfortunately, right wingers do not have the kike power of circumventing terrible financial feasibility by inflating bubbles and relying on (((banks))) so decentralization is going to be necessary.

We had this years ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

If one server didn't carry the groups you wanted it, or censored it because of PC or $cientologists, you just went to another NNTP server.

Don't reinvent the wheel, guys. pol.general is fine.

Well user, I was using Google at IBM long before the normies were and it felt like alien technology even then.

The best of the past should be taken and updated, but I don't agree with "what we have is fine and can't be improved".

How so? Search wasn't new even then.

Owner of a few small SaaS businesses here. The problem with what you mention is that it ignores the reality of the software market. Business to consumer is one of the hardest things to do well. Consumers are cheap, frugal, and have generally cost more in business infrastructure (customer support, server load, and scaling sales/marketing pipelines).

Want to make a difference? Start a business. Hire white, support your community, take risks and provide value to your clients/customers.

get a job you lazy fuck, learn how to do something useful and get payed to do it

Way to think big wage slave cuck. Working for someone else is a guaranteed route to making no profound change.

Welcome to 1998 OP. You were probably still in your dad's pants then. You have very little understanding of well, anything.

What's your point?

Not even Twitter is monetizable. It's kept afloat by rich investors and black budget money from the CIA.

It's a fact that they do. It's not even secret. Look up In-Q-Tel. This is just one of their known public arms, but you know they go under the table as well. Twitter is an obvious one, seeing as how it was instrumental to the CIA fomented Arab Spring, with jihadist terrorist accounts tweeting untouched by moderation.

Twitter is funded by the Saudis.

Innocntive. We could make a group there and invent things, and it automatically divides profit. Alternatively we get jobs… or everyone buys a Kek ring and then we have kek magic, and rwds bodyarmor, and go retake loot and pillage Constantinople! Praise Kek!

I was thinking about making a thread along these lines, but with the goal of helping individuals obtain obscene amounts of money by exploiting the jewish banking and financial industries. And then after several anons become millionaires, they could support and fund nazi-related stuff online.

Anyone read any of Dan Pena's books or seen his videos? The gist of it runs like this: you come up with a business plan in whatever industry, call a bunch of experienced and well respected people in that industry and ask them to be on your board of directors in return for equity, get a top 5 law firm to join your team (and don't pay them until the business has money), then go to banks with your business plan, and show them your board of directors and legal team, and ask for millions of dollars. You just go from bank to bank to bank until someone gives you the money. And then you use the money to buy other businesses in your industry (or build it from scratch if you want).

Anyone know about this stuff?

OP here

I'm thinking more in terms of a booru. Except where a booru is only for uploading images and webms I want to expand the concept to include ANY type of content: pdfs, mp3s, scraped website content from blogs, news sites, wikis, journals, etc. That's why I would need a hosting platform that doesn't care about DMCA.

You could also link it to a temporary trip code I suppose.
Plus I would follow the lead of Alphabay and Oasis market and use Monero in addition to Bitcoin, with the hope of eventually discarding BTC altogether. We shouldn't have to fuck with tumbling buttcoins any more now that there are currencies that do the tumbling automatically.

Glad to see someone else thinking about this.

Most cryptos aren't created with a particular community of people in mind (I'm not sure that ANY of them are). So they either die in obscurity or they end up being used for nothing but speculation. But when you create a currency for a particular community, like MMORPG currencies, they take on a real-world value because of their online social value. People start trading it for regular money or even using it directly.

virwox.com/
mmoclub.com/
ecns.cn/cns-wire/2013/12-09/91859.shtml

I've been playing with the idea of creating a currency too, except under a slightly different system. Users are awarded credits for creating content, or uploading content they found, and they can trade their credits with each other. If it becomes popular enough they'll find their own uses for it, build their own unofficial exchanges for it, etc.

This model works in Second Life where people create original content to earn Linden Dollars:
wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Guide_to_Jobs_in_Second_Life

But I do have a job…you think I can't walk & chew gum at the same time just because you can't?

Oh my god YES! You got it! It's like you literally read my mind because that's exactly what I was thinking! Just like on TV! Why doesn't everyone do this, right? We could all be SO rich & do all kinds of expensive NAZI stuff! You & me user!

Read: OUR tax dollars. One more reason to build a separate economy with our own currency. Fuck them.

I've been seriously considering it. There exists a bastardized form of torrent that runs off javascript. (kek 8channers sure love java script right)

Could do youtube for 1/5th the bandwidth of youtube, but even that is a hell of a lot of bandwidth, and you still need the hdd space. I've priced out bandwidth and storage ala back blaze.

If we create a digital currency for the compensation of hosting we could get thousands of private hosts to cut down costs further but you still need some centralized server farm to hold backups of all the content and send it out to your remote hosts.

No matter how I skin this cat it costs a couple million minimum to spin it up. Maybe I can get puediepie to invest?

Yes, the "rich investors" I mentioned.

Thought that might have been it.

Alright guys, I'll do what I can for your cause. I don't think I really have a proper business acumen though.

Shoutout to whomever is listening;

I'm bored with my PhD program.

I enjoy everything done here online, and on other mediums.

If some one needs a trend analyst, or an individual whose is very experienced in memetics with a heavy science background, shoot me an email.

[email protected]/* */

Fucking tired of this PhD program, and the department. Dude in charge is a dick.

How are you at scraping and collating social media?

I'll pile on to this. I have deep tech skills (software dev, dev ops, etc) and would love nothing more than to work for a redpilled biz. Are there ever hiring threads?
t.cuckchan refugee

Pretty good, I've been making a list of AntiFa who live in my town in my spare time.

I just want to know who to look out for, and I've managed to locate a couple of them. I've also once managed to dox some one I was in long-term communications with just for the hell of it.

I figured out the rough area they live in within two emails… then I got a name, family members, address. That was fun.

Even managed to find the S.O. who didn't even have social media via some clever use of search engines.

So yeah, I can totally correlate and scrape through social media. It's even kind of enjoyable for me.

Are you being sarcastic? I honestly can't tell.

kekked

Realtime imageboards are the future. The problem with Holla Forums, besides being on centralized servers, is that the nature of imageboards is similar to what you describe with facebook 'everyone or no one'. The idea was that you could have free exit and easily join a /pol2/, for example, if the moderation, rules, community etc. of /pol1/ was undesirable. But in reality, it comes at a heavy cost - despite all the hate we hold for some of our mods, we can't have another exodus without losing much of our community - and we'd need to do it all at once or not at all, or else it'd just be poking your head into a dead board.

Realtime imageboards solve this problem. Even 5 active posters at any given time make for a not-dead board, and it scales up easily to many posters. Thus we can have an Holla Forums that actually fulfills its ideal as an infinity chan, with low-cost exit. Alternative boards would not be dead, they would just be small-scale. Communities would proliferate.

Combine it with a USENET style decentralization of server and we also have resilience against gov intervention. But first we need to address the inherent handicaps in the imageboard design. It's not hot wheels or jim that causes Holla Forums's ideal to fail, it's the nature of static imageboards - exit simply costs too much. We'd rather sit around and stick with Holla Forums's shit mods/BO up until it gets bad enough to be unusable.

Stock content sites are fairly expensive. If you created one that earned content producers credits for uploading content, then you could gain lots of content fairly quickly. All you would need to do is calculate the exchange rate for the content credits. This could be based on sales of past uploaded content by a user and the amount of revenue the site brings in. There would likely be diminishing returns on those credits, but by the time that occurs you would have a fairly large content library.

Just start business all pol related and never go public and never sell it.

Start your own add network.

If I wanted to make something on the scale of youtube right away then yes. But my obscure little booru concept isn't going to get inundated with terabytes of content as soon as I open shop anyway. I'll be able to run it out of my own pocket for quite some time & adapt to higher traffic as it comes.

Even with the ability to earn credits, bigger and more well-funded sites have already done this: whatboyswant.com/credits so I'm not expecting millions of people to flock to mine like it's some new, original idea.

I could just let the users determine the exchange rate, like they've already done with game currencies. I'd be exercising a general influence anyway. ie: if I award 100 credits to someone who scans a book & uploads it, then that will determine the value they associate with 100 credits. So I'll be pegging it directly to the work that the uploaders do, not to some fiat currency.

This means I'll be comparing apples to oranges, like how much do they expect for uploading a book as opposed to 50MB of original images as opposed to a video, etc. So there would have to be constant feedback.

The goal is to build enough social value around these credits that I could create credits to exchange for BTC and cover hosting costs.

I've thought beyond just collecting content. There are things you can do with it, like converting ebooks into audio books, or translating websites into other languages without having to rely on jewgle. pol is trying to scrape together an effort right now to translate the book "200 Years Together". Imagine if you could issue credits to incentivize people to translate stuff.

You would likely get a lot of support from content creators if you guaranteed a much higher cut from ad revenue than what youtube offers, and i'm sure many average viewers would be happy to chip in if it meant an alternate to the Google+ registration and irremovable recommended videos that are completely off topic in the side bar. You'd obviously get a lot of support from the chans if you guaranteed minimal censorship.

Regardless, a multi-million project is a big undertaking. Whatever you do, tap into the collective autism of the chans to your advantage, perhaps to spread the word or look for the occasional skilled professional.

google's heads are mostly state dept folks, also google is a cia owned tool, dat NWO user. A.I system like no one has ever seen.

Does this sound like what you're looking for? storj.io/

We should use meme magic to manipulate stocks. Each week we pick the stock of a company we don't like (Goldman Sachs for example)

And we use meme magic to crash it. You short it on Monday and sell when the crash happens.

Make a new board if you're dissatisfied with this one. You'd face the same issues as any other start-up website or board, people like going to the places that have content, but you need people to get content. That's why the jews are always trying to force a migration. They can't just generate content somewhere because they can't meme, so they try to herd us from one location to the next. The key is that we're not cattle, we're lions.

What part of "we do it for free" do you not understand?

Have any of you goys even done a web search on "gabai"? It's a fucking jewish reference and the aut-kike 'leaders' were promoting it.

I'm glad you brought up Gab. I've used it a bit and have seen no progress in its development for months. I started thinking it was a shill project to serve as a honey pot and also dissuade development of viable Twitter alternatives because "we have Gab now".

dailydot.com/unclick/rare-pepe-frog-meme-economy/

archive.is/uAmMH

Pepe the Frog's decade-long journey from webcomic character to everyman meme to alleged hate symbol has been a topsy-turvy one, but his importance to the meme economy cannot be denied. The trope of trading and collecting "Rare Pepes," distinctive images of the famous frog, has been part of meme culture for years. And now there's real money behind it.

A February article from Reddit's Meme Insider, a parody trade publication dedicated to serious coverage of memes, explains how the fictitious market for Rare Pepes became a booming business.

The piece, by pseudonymous redditor JeffTheDunker, describes how the Rare Pepe economy initially functioned on a system of "Good Boy Points," a largely fictitious currency that people would trade for new and unique images of Pepe. It started out circa 2015 as a 4chan in-joke about an autistic kid who would exchange "Good Boy Points," earned by doing chores for his mom, for precious "chicken tendies," and somehow they became the dominant imaginary currency of the Rare Pepe economy.

Good Boy Points were unsustainable, though, because there was no accountability in the system: Anyone could fabricate their Good Boy Point totals. In short: the points just weren't real.

Additionally, the idea that there was value—even imaginary or purely social value—in Rare Pepe memes caused the demand for Pepes to go up, and the market to become flooded by new content.

"When [Rare Pepes] breached mainstream media outlets, early adopters and speculators around the globe packed their bags for good, as the Pepe had, in their minds, become useless," JeffTheDunker explains in Meme Insider.

In early 2015, a poster on 4chan's /r9k/ board, incensed at the mainstream popularity Pepe was starting to enjoy, tried to kill the meme by distributing a collection of more than 1,200 Rare Pepes, labeled "the end is nigh, hope you cash out now."

4chan called this Pepe massacre "the Peppening," and it led to posters jokingly watermarking their best Rare Pepes "do not save":

The watermarks obviously did nothing to protect the Pepes, other than making them uglier, and the Rare Pepe economy looked doomed. But what if there were a way to regulate Pepes and make them impossible to copy?

We've seen Rare Pepes traded on Craigslist before, where physical drawings or printouts of the frog that were offered in exchange for cold, hard cash—sometimes as much as $100. We've even seen them sell on eBay for nearly $100,000—probably as a joke. But JeffTheDunker also suggests there's a real demand for unusual digital images of Pepe, even though it seems like those images should be trivial to replicate.

Enter: the blockchain. Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin use it to make sure that digital money is unique to its owner and can't simply be copied or faked, and now it's being applied to Rare Pepes.

A blockchain-based platform called Counterparty lets users make anything into a unique digital token, and "anything" now includes Rare Pepes.

On the Pepe trading hub RarePepeWallet.com, you'll find hundreds of Rare Pepe images, all formatted to look like trading cards. Each exists in a limited quantity, anywhere from one to thousands, and no new copies will ever be issued.

Traders can buy and sell the Pepes using Counterparty currency, but they prefer a cryptocurrency called PepeCash, which currently trades at 302 PepeCash to the dollar.

The selection of Pepes for sale, as JeffTheDunker points out, is a little weird right now: Because the site was created by crytocurrency nerds, many of the Pepe trading cards for sale there are Bitcoin-themed. There's one called "Shitcoin Pepe," and one named after mysterious Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto.

These aren't necessarily the Pepes that posters on 4chan and Reddit would consider "dank" (most Pepes aren't presented in card form, after all) but their rarity makes them a commodity. A one-of-a-kind card called "OnlyOnePepe" is currently on sale for the PepeCash equivalent of $11,589. Meanwhile, the "Top Cuck" Pepe, with 10,000 copies in circulation, can be yours for less than a dollar.

The universe of Rare Pepes is constantly expanding, too. There are already more than 500 distinct cards, and collectors can submit their own original Rare Pepes for consideration. All it takes is a payment of 4,000 PepeCash (roughly $13), a dank idea, and some design skills.

The rules for approval are stringent:

Submissions must be ORIGINAL. Our rareness quality team examines each Pepe for rareness. (no stealing!) Our experts understand that lots of Pepe’s borrow from each other to an extent, but try to add as much Original content as possible. Also make sure your Pepe is dank. Check latest submissions on the directory to compare.
This manual approval process means none of the 1,200 compromised Pepes from the 2015 "Peppening" is likely to show up on the site. Some of them may still be dank, but they're no longer rare.

One thing you'll notice about the selection of Pepe cards—and the Rare Pepe trading community at large—is that they don't carry even a whiff of Pepe's status as an alt-right, white supremacist, pro-Donald-Trump icon.

"Most of the community don't think Pepe is an alt-right thing. Some (like me) think that we should Make Pepe Great Again and free him of that connotation," Pepe trading enthusiast Django Bates told the Daily Dot via email. "Also, you have to be aware that Pepe as a symbol of hate and racism by alt-rights is a merely North American thing. The rest of the world does not see Pepe in that context. But our Rare Pepe trading community is global. We have people from Japan, Spain, France, the U.S., Switzerland (myself), Russia, Turkey, South Africa and many other countries.

"Pepe is a meme. If alt-right idiots use it for there bullshit, then be it. Pepe is much greater and does not care about them. Pepe is a mirror. And a mirror is not racist, just because a racist is using it."

So, instead of Trumpist Pepes, you'll find card designs like My Little Pepe, which might be the most expensive Rare Pepe ever sold. It recently changed hands for 1 million PepeCash (currently about $3,300).

The proud owner of My Little Pepe, alias American Pegasus, told the Daily Dot, "Only one of these exist, and it belongs to a tier of the rarest pepes of all - uniques with only a single card issued."

"But that Pepe wasn't listed for sale in Counterparty," American Pegasus continued. "Instead the seller only would accept cold hard Pepecash. A million of them to be exact. And so I'm darn glad I had some handy, and was able to score the trade."

We're a long way from Good Boy Points now. The Rare Pepe economy is based on real money, and PepeCash is starting to take off. A recent price jump seems to have been triggered by a January Vice article and an article Wednesday in France's Le Monde that introduced Rare Pepe Wallets to a new group of meme fanatics.

Unlike most other digital currencies, this one is tied to the enthusiasm for an underlying product: Pepes. Even though you don't need PepeCash to buy Pepes, Pepe enthusiast find it nice to own for a number of reasons.

"Pepecash offers a fun and abstract way to value Rare Pepes apart from their underlying Counterparty value," American Pegasus explained. "As we know, with money, the value is in the utility. There are several exciting Pepecash-only features being planned, such as an entire exchange based off Pepecash and a Pepestarter crowdfunding platform. Ultimately it's best for the Pepeverse to have a highly liquid asset like this that can act as a base token for all things Pepe."

No matter how much money you dump into Rare Pepes, though, you'll never own them all. There are a handful of one-of-a-kind Pepes, and some of their owners may have lost the passphrases to their Pepe wallets or may never sell their precious rares.

Regardless of how formal and secure the Rare Pepe Economy gets, though, it wouldn't be Pepe without a little trolling. Cryptocurrency blog Bitcoinist calls Rare Pepe Wallet "a satirical indictment of the altcoin markets," especially the novelty digital currencies that are either jokes or shabby get-rich-quick schemes. Remember Dogecoin, the currency named after a Shiba Inu dog meme?

"In what can be seen as a satirical jab at this growing [altcoin] culture, Rare Pepes create a metaphorical representation of the pump and dump absurdity and legitimizes it through the use of the Bitcoin blockchain’s immutability," Bitcoinist's Ryan Strauss wrote in November.

The people trading Rare Pepes and PepeCash don't see them as just another flash-in-the-pan alternative currency, though.

Dogecoin, for example, was just a rebranded Bitcoin running on the same technology. PepeCash is different because of its connection to the Rare Pepe cards themselves, which are fun to collect and desirable to meme aficionados on their own terms.

"I deeply believe that it is a lot more interesting as Dogecoin, which was only a currency," Bates told the Daily Dot. "This is not just a currency. It is Blockchain driven meme assets you really can own. It is also helping to develop Counterparty, the protocol that is used to create and trade these assets."

On the Rare Pepe Traders group chat, there's plenty of excitement about the PepeCash boom, but it's also clear that the traders and card creators have a passion for the meme.

"With pepetrading there are several things coming together as an extra: Memepower, Curiosity, Human nature of collecting all sorts of stuff, Hope for profit, Community, Interest in Blockchain Technology and above all - the lust to make fun about everything and everybody," Bates wrote. "It's the mix of it all."

One Rare Pepe designer, Nymity Nymz, told Le Monde, "I think these are just the beginnings of an industry," and said it's even possible he could live on his Pepes someday.

Nymz, who described himself to RarePepeNews.com as a "Rapper, Ghost writer, FinTech Guru," also told the site that the reason he creates Rare Pepes is "for 2020."

A Rare Pepe, he said, "is something that has the potential to outlive us all."

Consider e-hentai.org for a moment. Most of the work of that site was to decentralize the servers, making anons run server software on their own computers to provide availability.

This same method could be used to create an image/text/video hosting platform, with stronger servers hosting small pages/images and DHT for larger content like videos. Each server would choose to host one or several platforms, for example with a chan as one platform. Using a key management system, users could add and edit content of their own in a distributed manner without security vulnerabilities, and a moderator or controller could exist for each platform, allowing for them to remove content like CP.

With this scheme, it could become free to run the system, and with an open-source implementation and collaborative coding, this could become a powerful platform.

The only central requirements are a DNS or similar resolution server and (optionally) a central database for distributing new copies of content. Think of it like a master/edge configuration for a CDN.

This way there's little need to shell out or try to profit off the technology, and it could provide a good infrastructure for distributed web hosting.

The problem with such a system is that people don't like to search for their content. With such a system, users may have to migrate platforms if the controller leaves a platform or becomes unbearable. This runs into the same issue as current 4/8/pol/ and the situation with Holla Forums, /vidya/, /svidya/, etc. More platforms doesn't mean better content.

Looks like we're being raided by cuckchan.

It's not a raid, it's an infestation. Another wave of them showed up after another "Oh noes, cuckchan is compromised" happened.

I didn't know that Google owns a copy of all the usenet archives. Interesting.

ixquick/startpage is good.
I've heard good things about searx.me
duckduckgo is owned by jews
I think dogpile, askjeeves, webcrawler, yahoo search, bing, etc still exist but I don't know how good they are.

Actually that's a heqet ring.

Nice trips. The issue is that we'd have to deal with encryption and other issues as well due to the possibility of illegal content. Has there been any work done on Tor lately? I'm wondering if ultimately we'll have to switch to Tor/nntp-chan or similar. A lot of the projects already exist, is there an issue with them? Trying to monetize it just sounds dumb, user. I don't even think bittorrent is really monetizeable, much less an encrypted fully anonymous version of it. You'd have to make your living off other stuff, like the pirate bay guys do. Donations, merchandise, ads on a particular website that you run. I think a lot of people would happily run a decentralized node on their computer and contribute electricity/bandwidth if it was somewhat reasonable to run. I don't think that anyone would make a living doing it though, it'd likely still be hobbyist level like HAM/Shortwave radio guys.
I've personally always thought it'd be fun if someone wrote a decentralized server for smartphones. Tons of bandwidth, tons of processing power, and you'd have all sorts of neat routing options for data as people move around. Lots of people hardly use their phones, and a couple kbps per second probably isn't much but even if it was just a copy of a picture it'd help a lot with bandwidth requests. I'm not sure at what level of bandwidth/processing availability a shard would be not worth the effort of including it, but you'd get a really nice meshnet if you could not only do that but leverage the wifi, bluetooth and other capabilities of every device capable of running the software.

Love of fame is the last addiction cast off by the wise.
-Tacitus

Wishing to monetize, thus seeking money, a love of money, of Mammon, is even more foolish. The reward of virtuous conduct is the act itself. The good deed stands on its own.
t. philosophy namefag

startpage uses Nigger's index.

That's absolutely true, user, but a lot of people are struggling just to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table. I don't blame them for being desperate. It's not easy out there, and Trump's only been in a month. It's nice and easy to say "well just wait a year or so for Trump to fix things" but a lot of people can't wait that long for one reason or another. There are so many people who are hanging on by their fingertips and it kills me to know that the only thing I can do right now to help them is shitpost on a cantonese fan waving magazine

Elaborate. They do use google results, true, but they don't censor their other results afaik.

Fucking hell, they all need be thrown into the bog just like the TRSodomites were.

They just want a share of that JIMpact pie. I'm sure Ames Friedman Peinovich will be more than happy to share all of that donation money.

You are correct too, user, it really brings the feels when I stop and ponder about the fate of those worthy anons who don't have a stable income (or a loving waifu). That being said: patience. Remember what the goal is; while it would be quite a miracle to lift worthy anons out of their miserable slump, that is secondary to putting the train back on the tracks, which not only affects all of us living now, but any and all descendants we hopefully will be able to have. Even if it is in a different land, or under a different flag in the same land (in a spenglerian sense), this is what is most important. We all must make sacrifices now to ensure a prosperous future, in a way it is atoning for the sins of our ancestors (another way to think about it is: absorbing/shouldering the consequences of THEIR actions so that the next generation may live to their potential).

Do you think the Wehrmacht soldiers hesitated one bit to risk life and limb for something bigger than themselves? That isn't to say one should be foolish in such choices, but once a worthy cause has presented itself, it is up to each user to find where their duty lies.

Look at this thread the OP made talking about profiting off of Kek and Pepe turning it into their shekel making operation. I have this feel that Kek will make examples out of these cuckchan kikes for trying to monetize and control Kek, the chaos god. They are literally trying to jew the primordial forces of nature and that's some TRS nigger tier stupidity if you ask me.

they don't have to censor, if Nigger doesn't include it in the index they don't have it to serve