Where were you for the biggest blunder of the century?

Where were you for the biggest blunder of the century?

Weren't they supposed to fight? Did it happen

Did it happen already? Damn I missed it. Video where.

Fight starts at 13:25

FUCK YEAH
Though this was a pretty boring fight. I get that the technology is just starting, but still. Also why did this get delayed for a few years? I remember that this was supposed to happen like 2 years ago.

What's the point of the drone?

zzzz this whole crap is scripted

SCIENCE GEEKS LMAO.

If they're going to be slow as shit and trying to do physical hits are more like giving each other a backrub, then what's the point. As they are they're just too boring to watch so they have to go full professional wrestling for the whole match. Taking out the pilots and adding guns to them wouldn't be fun either, then they'd just fire on each other until one hit something vital and it stops moving and that's the end of the match. The only way putting guns on these robots would be interesting if they made the map really complex and it was all about darting in and out of cover, but these things are so slow and cumbersome that it wouldn't work anyway.

The reality is that if you scale them up just a little bit from the traditional Battlebot size then they just become too slow and cumbersome, not to mention expensive the larger they get, these things at this size cost way too much for the investors to just let them go all out and destroy each other. This whole thing was basically just a proof of concept that will never work out.
Maybe a compromise would work out, as they are they're too large, if you scaled them to the size of a dog then they might work better as the next stepping stone. They jumped up in size too high, too early,

I was watching it while cringing hard.

I know a girl who literally gets wet over robots.

They need to learn from the professionals.

breddy gud

Bring Battlebots back!

Typical burger.

First ever of this size.

there's still hope for a mecha future, but it's not in the hands of (((megabots)))

Are you people daft? They said so themselves this was more of a test-run to drum up interest, of course it was staged.

So, this was pretty much like the moon landing?

I liked Real Steel.

What is this trash? They spent 2 years putting on a fucking paintball gun? This entire project was a waste of steel.

I fucking called it when it was first announced. These things would only shoot paintballs at each other. But no one listened, all of the retarded Mecha fanboys started jizzing and hyping up this shit show. This was garbage and so was everyone involved.
Wow, didn't know you can put a bunch of metal on some bulldozer treads and make it shoot paintballs, what a wonderful way of spending money, time , and tons of steel. Fuck this project

>implying you had any use for the steel

Give me that steel and half the budget they spent on these pieces of shit, I will make a monster that can take on a whole legion of these paintball shooting pussies

It's already back dip shit

A modern MBT scrapheap African technical could wipe the floor with all three of these "giant robots"

This is not respecting the robot

At least have remote piloting and equip them with actual weapons, so we can actually see a fight worth a damn

Chad uprising when?

This wouldn't work at all. They would just stand there shooting at each other until one of them hit something critical and the fight stops. The fun of stuff like BattleBots is watching them destroy the shit out of each other, that wouldn't happen unless you equipped them with explosives, which would be hilariously impractical and wouldn't even work most of the times. The real problem is they move far too slow and cumbersome, which will basically never be solved within our lifetimes.

WHY ?

A real American hero. ;_;7

I thought it was pretty good considering we are still a century away from creating proper mechas.

But it was probably staged. Sorta like a mecha version of WWE.

patrician taste. I'd love to see a labor rip the shit out of (((megabots)))

Shut the fuck up, you pretentious twat. Patlabor isn't some obscure anime. Everybody's heard of it, everybody's seen it.

Take it to >>>/a/ weebcuck.

Go listen to your underground shoegazing music you estrogen laden hipster faggot

giant, not erector set.

i believe that first round was more of an exhibition and a chance for japan to get a victory, since they knew burgerbot 2 would stomp the little nipbot.

That is the most terrible thing I've ever seen.