Good films that shit the bed halfway through

Other urls found in this thread:

thty8758.blogspot.com/……..
twitter.com/AnonBabble

stay cucked reddit/pol/

Basically any movie where the protag is brought down in the third act. Also trip dubs checked.

Sup BO

reddit

heh so mad

he is right, walle would have been better if it was purely about robots and a post human earth.

imagine being this mad about discussing a film

I disagree with the universality of this, as the rise and fall of a character is a classic theme.

Agreed.
but unlike the previous examples these kinos didn’t evoke sympathy for anti-heroes who then proceed to undo themselves for retarded reasons. Just a personal preference in epic tragedy I guess.

Yes, a movie that told america to stop being fat pieces of shit. WallE was perfect

Didn't really turn to shit as much as run out of steam. Next to Near Dark goat vampire flick imho.

Wall·e was perfect, you just think any reference is "hamfisted". You also know that starting a thread with a terribly wrong opinion is likely to bring more repkies than a right opinion.
I know it sounds like an oxymoron but your opinion is wrong.

Near Dark is probably the most underrated vampire film out there.

Reminder they had to add the musical coda because test audiences thought all the Humans were going to die on Earth.

this is the one time it isn't poleddit

still Walle is is one of the only good pixar films

How is a movie having a good message for kids a bad thing?

Does this mean the film was still good? Because many films that shit the bed halfway through cannot be considered good films. Walle the exception?

Holla Forums and edgy kids love to hate on anything that kids might look up to because they are all brainwashed adults right

If they really wanted to make a difference they would do more than just say "don't be fat, where's my 10 bucks?"

Didn't they do that?

First half - interesting mockumentary about relocating alien refugees into new camps, loads of interesting little details like the alien weapons, muti (alien voodoo), the gangs, the aliens love of cat food, dispatching the eggs etc.

Second half - overlong action flick, nothing really of note. Concept of prawns being dumb and brutish due to lack of a queen alien is brought down by the inclusion of a genius alien who has his own spaceship.

Blomkamp has a knack for creating interesting worlds but I wish somebody would reel him the fuck in

I don't get it.

He doesn't know how to make a sci-fi movie that isn't a South African political analog

That's honestly fine. Thats an interesting subject. I just don't remember the 10 minute boring as fuck mech fights in any south african conflicts.

The problem with Wall-E wasn't what the message was about, it was how suddenly the film shifts tone and how little subtlety was valued. In the beginning of the movie you see how the world is completely filled with rubbish and it's left up to the viewer to deduce what happened. It doesn't have some narrator saying "LOOK AT HOW FUCKED EVERYTHING IS THIS IS OUR FAULT DDDD:" (at least from what I remember, correct me if I'm wrong) because it doesn't need to be explained, it's clear what happened and the movie treats the audience with enough respect to assume they'll understand this without needing to be told.
Then the second part kicks in and goes 1000% on the environmental message, leaving any subtlety first half had behind.
The film feels as if the script went through a sudden re-write during production. I really don't think the final product is what Pixar wanted the film to be, I imagine Disney got in the way of things.

It's still enjoyable, but less so.

Is Burn-E good? The little spin off movie?

this guy gets it

That was bullshit from start

lol, the fatass murrican got triggered ;)

Nigger detected

Did current year media ban this for fatshaming?

The only good message is that consumerism and laziness are bad, but that's tainted by happy tree hugger and communist faggotry.

The Empire Strikes Back.

So leftypol then, ok.

The fuck are you bringing Holla Forums into this for sudocuck?
Just let us discuss movies, god damn.

More great movies of 1987?

You know what fucking movie had a shift that really burned my ass?
Angel Heart. It was set up perfectly for a mystery about a death cult that sacrifices and murders people for Satan and some guy who is involved that got plastic surgery and disappeared.
Then they shit the bed by making it some supernatural shit where it was literally Satan involved with all of this shit and the MC was actually the missing guy all along hahaha
I think it would have been better if they actually had a buildup to that outcome rather than just leading you on with a murder mystery and then cockslapping it into IT WAS SATAN ALL ALONG

what the fuck dude
is there more?

Hancock.

Advertised as drunk superman who gives no fucks, is actually an interracial propaganda movie.

Your opinion is shit.

And so is the OPs opinion.

I hate that they used the crappy Louis Armstrong cover of La Vie En Rose rather than Edith Piaf's original.

never heard of it

Hes a whit south africaner obsessed wtih ebing accepted by Hollywood.

That one tho was good.

Elysium though had a shit ending.

No one cares to learn and understand the shitty French language.

but they do care to understand whatever language it was that Louis Armstrong spoke?

that's a very human habit; when you can't clearly communicate with someone, it's a common reaction to look down on them. They clearly are more like humans in that there is a range of intelligence. That race built that tech, so some of them would have to be smart. What exactly did you want to happen? to continue the documentary but have the action happen as part of a news footage clip?

The science was not even accurate.

kids do need to be told that all this sitting around and technology has a downside, and a subtle message is easily lost on children.

you know, because they are fucking kids.

True, I've been spotting subtle themes in movies I used watch as a kid but I never saw those messages back then.

You'll go far user. You'll go far.

You guys must have sub-90 IQs or something.

what's the right-wing plan to stop climate change, end war, and feed the world? oh right, sucking rich authoritarian cock while pretending anything that triggers them is "fake news". nice.

Why would we put money into putting a stop to something that has always been changing? It used to be called "global warming" but now that that didn't happen, COOLING IS NOW A CAUSE FOR CONCERN get the fuck outta here. I know a scam when I see one.
another thing that's been with us since forever, and why would you want to? war is natural. there is no way you're going to make everyone stop killing each other
now you're just being retarded.
None of what you want to do is even feasible.

Do you even know who Danny Boyle is and what he does?

Her body is fake, work of a Jewish plastic surgeon.

French is just a shitty version of Latin, they need to stop forcing their OC donut steel language onto English so hard.

bump

So according to wall e, does that mean that america was the last nation to survive?

Buy N Large was the only nation on earth. Wal Mart was the world government.

big if true

You're talking out of your ass. On Earth there were Buy n Large commercials stating there was too much trash, WALL·e would clean them up and everyone should stay in space. Then Shelby Forthright looks straight at the camera and says "space is the final FUN-tier!"

It's not hamfisted or out-of-place or a bad ending. The plot naturally progresses from the questions people would ask. Questions like, why aren't there corpses everywhere if the environment collapsed? Who made the WALL·e units and why? What's their plan? Is Earth forgotten or not? What are people doing if they've all left Earth?

The movie is perfect. As for the musical coda, well, you can't expect a Disney/Pixar flick to end with everyone dying.

American History X should be an obvious choice for anyone.

The first half was great but the second half devolved into pro nigger bullshit as these big Hollywood Jew flicks always do.

Except for, you know, the ending where a niglet kills his brother.
There was also meant to be one last scene where he shaves his head again after the death of his brother, but the execs oy vey'd a bit too hard at that.

Pretty sure it was Norton who wanted that scene removed and the final cut of the movie is mostly the result of his editing. The director didn't even agree with the changes Norton made and wanted to be discredited from the final product.

I read that as meaning in a population of this species' drones without an intelligent guiding member, new intelligent members will either be born or develop from existing drones.

/thread

I'm dissapointed this has not been posted yet.

You were the first one gay enough to do it.

Triumph of the Will,
Hitler lost the war

wasted potential to be a great modern horror movie compare to all the muh shitty jump scare movies, im kinda mad about it still watchable tbh

thty8758.blogspot.com/……..

anti-heros dont have happy endings jackass

youre a complete fucking moron if you cant deduce an environmental theme from the first 5 minutes of a movie being a complately barren earth with no trees, covered in towers of trash and the only life being a robot and his cockroach friend

Five Easy Pieces is a movie that I'm still conflicted about. I agree that the first half is much stronger, and it gets weird and unsettling from the road-trip onward, but is that kinda the point? In the beginning Jack is relatable as a wanderer genius who feels alienated by society, but in the second half he's just a asshole sex fiend weirdo hanging out with his weirdo family and being shitty and abusive to his airheaded girlfriend. One of the few films about a true anti-hero.

yup

But you're basically agreeing with what he said.
What he's talking about is that the movie doesn't overtly shove the message at the beginning, it's there but it's just a background thing. A movie can have a clear theme without that theme being what the film is directly about. It isn't until the Wall-E gets to the ship where it really becomes the focus of the movie.

I hate lefties so god damn much. Fuck you man.

Hancock is plain depressing given the script they had. It was honestly about a genuinely awful person being a superhero who steals a security guards wife away.

Then they changed the security guard into a PR agent and never have the wife seem to have anything to do with the superhero character.

I thought Holla Forums bought into all this environmental shit tho