Dark Souls 3 General

Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3

Parry Table
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FNHEH4qgtiZz6xj5PVx0SoI8QfDha9lxkkjGWGOASmQ/edit#gid=0

Previous AR Calculator
trogg.net/DS3Calc/

The character planner now includes AR calculations. I've included the previous AR calculator in case the mugenmonkey one is less reliable. Also, I will continue using Berserk/Souls images in the OP in hopes of upsetting our most special users.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4jdwy6/dark_souls_3_poise_mechanics_im_pretty_damn_sure/
mega.nz/#!5ERV3Cxb
mega.nz/#!tc5HkAbS
mega.nz/#!gA5kFJCB
mega.nz/#!tJ4TBASL
mega.nz/#!VUABTADa
nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/18/?
mega.nz/#!VUABTADa!JlOKrjfLrlSNxXjxtgdmNgZ9zJXusETsMpipKNOxVVg
mega.nz/#!tJ4TBASL!97Kk7shlK33HFTgNRF1I3huHjomt6By3sfEkykSESr0
mega.nz/#!gA5kFJCB!mI_c89BsKblQDMBViq820Xy5bceOl5JaR9V1LFh-2Z4
mega.nz/#!tc5HkAbS!HdK8Z_yoVtKuF_9vSzmYKpZ0BzQ5AC5byh3-sKW1Iug
mega.nz/#!5ERV3Cxb!3S7EzG7SzcDpkAnNsQfhxvX25Nsg2Y2P3OgzZRpsqac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for ded gaem

Does the leo ring work for weapons other than rapiers and spears?
It says it boosts the counter damage for thrusting weapons, which would mean that any weapon with thrust as damage type should deal more damage

In previous games, it would work on any attack that was considered a thrust attack. I don't know what weapons have thrust attacks, though. Some dagger 2h attacks maybe.

Oh, and ultra greatsword rolling attacks.

people are not very smart

remember to always have 40 knives on you during PVP

WHY IS MAGIC SO BAD NOW.

It works for the Asotra greatsword. I saw a video of that with the leo ring, and Dragon form just wrecking shit.

Fucking faggot.

Your Spiritual Liege Miyazaki wants everyone to play as either Guts or Griffith.

Just tried it with the ring on those hand monsters in the Profaned capital
1543 damage from a blessed astora greatsword +9 with 21/21/-/40 fully charged R2 don't think I've ever hit that high before

You could probably do more with a lightning infusion, and lightning clutch ring.

meme game meme souls

IT'S SHIT!

I know, but I'm holding off until I've beaten the dragon slayer armour, but at the moment I'll take a break. I'm no good at him with slow(er) weapons.
With magic he's a breeze though, even easier than with melee

Pyromancy is actually alright, i'm near the end of the game and with the right set up i tear bosses apart. Sadly it leaves me as a glass cannon that dies in like 3 hits.

Was thinking of trying a super heavy build next but apparently armor sucks in this game so that's not possible.

try astora greatsword with dark or chaos infusions if you've got the str & dex, it's got good scaling for pyro builds

so i got this funny bug..

whever i locked on to someone this shit poped up…

if you look closly you can see some of the icons of removed weapon…

a dagger by the looks of it

looks like the dagger you hold if you 2hand faron greatsword

So I know heavy leap attacks can't be parried.

But since its so slow and easy to just dodge.
Is there any melee methods to handle parry spammers?

If they get predictable about it, you can walk around them without rolling for a very quick backstab. People seem to underestimate backstabs. Also, no jumping attack can be parried. I use jumping attacks with a dagger in PvP when I have a parry spammer.

Sorry, misread. Thought you said heavy weapon leap attacks. A whip sidearm can also fuck with them quite a bit.

yep totally the same weapon duh why didn't i think of that…………….

Close enough
Could easily be a scrapped concept for it anyways you faggot

That's a real stretch.

poise was sooo underrated in ds1 no one cared about it

now look how poise killed ds3

yea scrapped concept art for an icon being released in the final game

Every build had at least 53 poise because muh cutoffs.

Nigga, you have no idea what you are talking about

You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

what i meant is poise wasn't the first thing you think about while making your build

it was something you think about it later

No, every build I ever made I made sure to reach 50 poise to counter clayfags. It was a priority if you even thought to maybe try out PvP.

That's why so many people used the Hollow Soldier Waistcloth, right

you mean that reddit build ? the father mask

well i never cared for them they are so easy to parry

PvP was a mistake.

Truly the cancer that destroyed any potential the series had.

No, that's MemeDad, with the Zwei.

eh i am not a huge pvp fag
i made a lot of strange builds in ds1

in ds3 there is less material to work with

Although I don't think every attack should stagger every character, I dislike the implementation of poise. Comparing DeS and DaS made me realize that I find the get out of jail free card it provides to be a pretty big crutch and not much more.

I think poise could actually work now that equip weight is its own stat.

I remember someone saying being able to wear full Smoughs armor took well over 40 Vit or something? Like yeah armor would be powerful but it would take a very significant stat investment to use.

Sure beats everyone just being a light to medium armor quality build.

I figure this is relevant to the thread; I'm gonna go into King's Field IV blind, what should I expect in general?

i had a level 6-7 i don't remember giant dad

started as warrior or some shit got strength to whatever i needed to 2 hand full giants set ring of favor and protection havels ring chaos zwihander grass crest shield pyro flame and of coerce a giant dad mask.

got it all legit no hacks ran the undead perish. shitting on newbs and oldfags alike

I don't even care about the PvP aspect of it that shit can have it disabled for all I care but the way it is now where 3-4 rats pose a bigger threat than a fat flying knight with a halberd is just absurd.

The actual gameplay is completely fucked upside down by the lack of the at least some flinch resistance that's not tied to actively attacking and it becomes a huge issue with Dark Souls 3 because of the retarded amounts of ambushes the game has in comparison to the first game and the way you're expected to tackle much larger groups.

It does nothing but add horrible tedium because it makes you less likely to get out of bullshit ambushes such as that one in the dungeon where a line of like 8 jailers just pop in to murder you after you pick up some item. Jailers who just stand there being invisible waiting for days at a time specifically to fuck you over for no real reason other than for the cancerous fanboys to circlejerk over how "difficult" it is.

So many things in the game get fucked up by this attempt to "balance" PvP which was there to begin with specifically to potentially add an extra element of challenge for people who chose to summon others for help. The whole concept of balancing this shit to appease some e-sports tier faggotry is such nonsense.

Git gud already

Poise as it was in DS1 would make the game worse, the strong weapons just need to be rebalanced or have poise affect hyper armor more on heavy attacks.

The fuck is with this constant stuttering pause shit every 30 sec or so?

Was fiddling around with the planner for a Smough build and IIRC, the whole armor + hammer with Havel's Ring +2 and Ring of Favor +2 requires 63 VIT to not fat roll.

Not to mention half the enemies have a chimp out ultra combo (the other half is huge fucks with perfect tracking and attack delays customized to catch you the second you hit a button).

Blame the new patch.

Quality FromSoft code.

One thing I've noticed which I'm not sure whether or not is an actual thing is that whenever certain enemies raise their shields and start guarding they guard only up until you try to kick them at which point they attack at almost the exact same time so that you always take a hit due to their attacks being that much faster than your kick.

It's like they're designed specifically to guard until the kick input is read from the player or something and I don't know if it's just a massive insane coincidence that always manages to occur for me or another case of horseshit with the game.

Also fuck any enemy with a fucking grab that lunges forward to your position and then turns around midair to the new position you dodged towards and grabs you despite the character clearly not being near the grab.

I don't understand how they managed to make areas that were actually pretty good but completely fuck up the enemies so badly.

So let's talk about the endings

Normal dark is best ending.

Aldrich faithful is a secret offline mode
you will never invade anyone

Nigger, what? When I was Aldrich Faithful, I was summoned back to back to quickly I wouldn't even be able to take off my covenant patch.

Because you are only good as support for someone with a big sword

It's been a few days. Is the patch as bad as people say it is? Should I just wait until they release a hotfix?

The stuttering is the absolute worst as enemies still act when things are frozen, definitely wait for a hotfix. Considering its the weekend it might take a while though.

I just finished ds3. Very half and half about it.
On one hand the presentation went up significantly, with boss designs being pretty awesome and the implications of the story itself being pretty cool too.
But on the other hand game play feels like 2 steps back. Taking the middle of the road between ds2's floaty feel and ds1's more grounded feel just doesn't work.
Honestly what I think ruined the game the most for me though was playing Salt and Sanctuary and the Nioh demo prior to ds3. Because in one occasion I see someone copying by fixing a lot of issues from the old concept and improving up on them and giving it his own spin, and the other I see someone taking the basic concept and trying to build off from it into a unique style of its own, Ds3 is trying to be this big send off for the franchise but what I feel holds it back is it not trying to fix some very frustrating base issues with the gameplay that its had since demon souls and could've easily fixed somewhere down the line.
Anyone else feeling this?

Yeah, slope combat still being fucked and enemies still hitting through walls is a big one. I guess that's how Fromsoft has always operated, banging out content without changing core concepts, but ehh.

Anyone here used the dragonslayer swordspear? What stat is worth leveling with this thing? I figure the returns on dex make it worth leveling to 40 for actually hitting, but not sure if leveling the faith for the weapon art bolt + temp buff actually gives any noticeable returns or not (ie, if most the power from it comes from weapon reinforcement level or faith levels)

I know how you feel, I just beat it this morning and all I can think it "Good, but flawed".

I haven't played DS2 or any of the other games you mentioned besides DS1, which I replayed the month before DS3 came out, so my comparisons are to DS1.

I do like how the combat feels much smoother than DS1, because I kept getting pissed off about being locked into animations and how janky the controls felt at times. But with that, DS3 has a "FAST IS BEST" problem which I think came from BB, especially with the i-frames given to rolling (it looks god damn stupid if I'm swinging at someone and their hitbox just disappears despite my weapon touching them), removal of poise, and basically a nerfing of armor in general. (The last two really pissed me off because I get hard for heavy armor). And then there's also the balancing issues in weapons and armor, and the linearity of the game itself, and the counter-intuitiveness of the quests (granted that pretty much comes with DS games so I can't complain too much).

I think it's a good game, but it still has those glaring flaws which effect the rest of the game.

Sorry for the autistic rant

it is ok if you have online

just summon fags and you will be ok

Gonna post my before and after pictures for my character. Should be levels 50 and 100 respectively, Please rate.

Yea that's lame but you should be be able to get back to whereyou were at relatively quickly

Why is that axe so popular?
I like your sense of style/10

Scaling.

Always scaling.

Movesets sometimes.

Does it really scale that well? I kind of ignored it.

The scaling on it is actually pretty shit, C, E, -, D at +5. But it has one of the highest AR's of the game, if the AR calculator is anything to go by.

The letter doesn't really mean shit. It's all about how much you actually get per point. BKGA has a C and D respectively but gets HUGE returns out of both. Base attack power is also the other big factor.

The DSGA has high AR but will suffer some due to it being split damage. It's really just ok.

Alright, because I was looking for a heavier weapon on my quality build and was thinkingo f using a lothric knight ultra great sword or the astora ultra great sword.

I've done over 1000 damage per swing with that glorious ugly fucking axe.

Ah, that makes sense.

Do people genuinely find this fun?

I love hiding in plain sight.

Apparently the grundry set is just invisible in anor londo when you spread out. I've had people just walk right past me dozens of time trying to look for me.

And I'm in the middle of the top of the stairs.

Is there a point to a second playthrough when you have your class pretty much locked in from the first game?

be creative dude
make something new

Well I meant in a new game + sort of sense.

Is there a point in leveling beyond 75?

I assume your defense continues to go up with each level so why the fuck not? Just keep dumping shit into other stats then. Like luck and whatever.

About to get around to ng for the first time, anything I should go back and make sure I didn't miss? Should I just kill everyone in the shrine before going?

The only reason to do so is marginally harder difficulty and upgraded rings.

I agree. The creative motifs they've used to give the bosses and some areas some energy really has worked. But the game play didn't move foreword weirdly which lea to an experience I think could've been brilliant held back by probably it being release so soon after Bloodborne.

I like using the tower to bait people onto a moving object because it usually makes them drop frames on their machine and thus makes them less reactive.

That vig and end are pretty low.

Funny story.

Are those your scans?
Or the entire thing is available somewhere already?

If you want pvp.

Chloranthy ring (+7 stamina regen) is a better substitute than dumping points into END for +1 stamina/level, I should think. Also, only reason to level up VIG is to get fastroll, and that requires investment.

You get more than 1 point per level, what? And Vig is hp, vit is equip load.

Sorry, my mistake. What VIG do you think is good? Going from 27 to 40 (or is it 50?) only nets you about 300 more HP. Stamina gain via END drops off after 19 to 1 per level (leveled it up all the way to 40 for 130 stamina, if I recall).

Found in russian internets, I think I just reupload everything now. And its scans of ds2 design book.

40 end gives 160 stam, 177 with favor +2

Yeah, I'm wrong again. Might be a good idea to level END then.

Am I imagining things or is this bonfire the Demon walks around usually bigger?

So, the pose stat is actually a new form of DS2 agility - affecting how many iframes you lose after taking a hit, and changing roll distance?

More poise = less frames lost and less distance lost on your roll after you get hit

Lee's poise = more frames lost and more distance lost on your roll after you get hit

On the upside, it means the stat (and the Wolf Ring) actually do something. On the downside, it's a pretty fucking stupid system that can probably be outright ignored. It doesn't make heavy armor actually worthwhile.

They should have named it something like "recovery" instead of poise, because stuff like the Perseverance weapon art and Iron Flesh actually give you real, genuine, classic poise temporarily and it even says so in the description, which only leads to confusion.

Fucking B-Team.

Less* poise
Fucking autocorrect.

How much attunement do I need for a pyromancer build?

No, that's affected by equip load.

Pretty sure the demon can walk through some of it and destroy it.

The demon can destroy the entire bonfire with his attacks, you can also break apart the outer sections with your own attacks.

27 is just too low, very possible to get one shot by combos at that health if you aren't the host (spiky mace spin combo, sellsword spin combo (buffed), BKH combo, heavy weapon riposte, hell 2 hits from my BKGA with its 700 AR two handed has two shot people before)

Basically, more than 27. I love to fight the 27 memers, they die in two strong hits.

I forget the actual attunement amount to get said fp, but a +10 baja blast gives 200 fp back, so any less and it restores more than your whole bar.

A what?

Equip load effects roll distance, but "poise" also modifies roll distance after you are hit. The hit is supposed to make your I'll shorter than normal, and poise protects against that.

At least according to this guy's testing:

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4jdwy6/dark_souls_3_poise_mechanics_im_pretty_damn_sure/

Demon_39_s_Souls_Official_Art_collection.7z
mega.nz/#!5ERV3Cxb

Dark_Souls_Design_Works.rar
mega.nz/#!tc5HkAbS

DARK_SOULS__8545_-_Artbook.pdf
mega.nz/#!gA5kFJCB

dark souls 2 design works.rar
mega.nz/#!tJ4TBASL

Bloodborne_Official_Artworks.rar
mega.nz/#!VUABTADa

your roll* shorter than normal

Fucking hell I hate you autocorrect.

Oh didn't know that, killed him on multiple playthroughs without it getting destroyed.

18 for 3 slots, 24 for 4 slots, or 30 for 5 slots. There's not much point going in between any of those breakpoints, go for one or the others based on how many spells you want, and how large an FP pool you want.

18 ATT gives 136 FP

24 ATT gives 181 FP.

30 ATT gives 233 FP.

There's a lot of small easy to miss environment details like how everything wooden in the dancer boss room can be set on fire by the dancer or manually with a torch, the fire even naturally spreads to things like the wooden balconies above.

Fuck you From.

I think you replied to the wrong post.

Armor is for fashion.
If you've noticed, Vit usually ups your defenses per level by like 2 to 3. It is far more important than the armor, actually.

Mean to reply to

is there any news about the ds3 complete version "like the prepare to die edition , scholar of the first sin " ?

i won't pay them shit until they releases the complete version

your blue sippy fam

man I'm not great at dank souls by any means but even I didn't fall for that one. didn't you find it a bit strange you couldn't move properly in what looked like an empty room? besides you can only ever fall for it once

Have you got the keys for them?

I know this is a dark souls 3 general but I've beaten 3 and went back to 1 (because I never beat it) and I have to say…

Is it just me or is Dark Souls 1 just so fucking much more depressing than 3?
In 3 it feels like there is an actual progression to something good.
In 1, I can't even be sure if what i'm doing is pointless or not.
and the NPCs seem to feel the same fucking way.
The only NPCs that seem to have a fucking drive to do ANYTHING all end up being evil fucks.

it was actually 58 poise to take a UGS hit.

The new patch sets your GPU utilization to 0% every 30ish seconds. It's happening to everyone, and since the patch was exclusively anti-cheat "fixes", it's just part of the new DRM.

Enjoy the stuttering.

yeah
ds1 was a tearful game
all npcs laugh like crazy
no lvlup wafiu
you can't turn into human unless you are at the bonfire
the story the setting the slow combat
everything was soo fucking dark

i mean the world was dying in front of you eyes for god sake

I think the reason for this is because in DS1 it's because there's an air of uncertainty in what will happen to the world. The fire was literally going to die out and no one knew what would happen, until someone eventually links the fire and the world keeps spinning for a bit longer. With that done, it seems to have become more of a tradition to summon such warriors to amass the strength to resume the chain of linking the fire, hence why all the npcs in DS3 refer to "all you unkindled." They know it will happen eventually.

On the other side of the same coin, it seems to be that there is also always a dark lord, an undead that chose not to link the fire. It's the only way I can imagine an entire land of hollows existing as Londor has. Those who would choose not to link the fire would thus have the strength to usher in the next age of Dark, waiting patiently for the fire to inevitably fade.

Don't tell Vaati any of this though, he's a snitch. :^)

Can you use a spell if you don't have enough FP left? I know this works with weapon arts and it just takes you down to 0, but I haven't heard anything about spells.

No.

Underrated post.

Also it's funny how much stupid speculation a fucking stat can cause.

There is no poise. It was supposed to work like in DS1 but it's not there so it doesn't work. Nothing you do affects it. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Muh wolf's ring

ok yeah that was something I didn't get about the ending of DaS3.

So you see who was likely the guy who previous linked the fire, right? And then he comes and fights you. Why? You're there to link the flame again and its something that guy obviously did once before. He must know the flame is dying so why does he bother to actually fight you?

I never got that.
I understand the other lords fighting you. The rejection for THEM to link the flame is because they don't want to fucking die, I guess. But that last guy?

Because FromSoftware can do no wrong :^)

It's not one guy, it's amalgamation of souls that burned in that fire.
That thing doesn't have any consciousness, it's barely an animal, it just attacks whatever comes close to it on instinct.

Making game a little bit less friendly to casuals isn't wrong.

How do you know?

It's conjecture, but it's the only reasonable explanation I've even heard.

Because I played DS1 and have read descriptions on shit, mostly Gwyn's items.
That's how linking the fire works. Other bosses being mindless drones reinforces that idea.
When linking the fire you burn your soul as fuel, leaving you an empty shell.

A little bit checked

God damn it.

Well, two can play at this game, faggots.

Godspeed, moundbro.

Even if you end up dying, remind yourself that you wasted their time. You win, no matter what.

I always run back to a safe area when invaded because every invader is an absolute pussy bitch and will just book it and hide behind monsters the second I start gaping their shitpussy which is typically inside of ~5 seconds because I've never lost a single invasion except for nigger-tier white hair talisman exploiters.

Why are there so few fucking weapons with frost buildup on them? Just kidding I know they're hoarding it like jews for DLC.

You literally just complained about people running away and not "honorabry" fighting you.

Way to expose yourself as one of those shitters who just hides behind mobs and then runs away to black crystal out once I gape them and they run out of sippies.

death is your only salvation

Are you fucking retarded? I complained about babby PvE faggots who can't go through the first few levels of the game without sunbro help and who refuse to even TRY to engage a single dark spirit even though its a 2v1.

Stop making shit up.

What's the best armor set and why is it Leonhardt's set?

they are the one how make mlg vids about being honorless scumbags
just go in jewtube and see for yourself

Yeah, almost everyone dies in 2-3 hits.
My tactic for the nameless king were to get my hp down just enough that a single estus tops me off to full, since sipping twice is suicide / wasteful.
I miss how Dark Souls 1 worked

Isn’t it reddit that always loves the "muh honor" shit in dark souls?

Fight Clubs are one thing, Invasions are another. If I invade a guy and he's solo I keep it clean but since it's almost impossible for you invade just one single person it’s kind of redundant. It's also fun to confuse the shit out of people as a mad spirit.

His coat is pretty much perfect.
The rest of the set is meh at best though, mask is edgy shit for 14yos at worst.

mask is shit

Nah bro, you need actual armor for Fashion Souls

Everyone uses that.

Drakeblood set is where it's at.

KEY PLEASE ?

BB is full of edgy tasteless garbage though.
Coats here are much better.

If I want to be a an animu character with super fast moves I'd play bloodborne
If I want to be a knight who not even a storm can move, I'd play dark souls.

how do you like my pyromancer?

Did they fuck with the drop rate of pale tongues? I can't get fucking shit.

Were you trying to make a pudgy Michael Jackson?

So poise is activated under some circumstances? Doesn't this confirm the theory some people had that it isn't completely disabled but more likely used by other attributes?

So why should we now assume that the roll distance is the only thing it affects and not just the first thing players could verify to be affrected by poise? Sounds pretty stupid idea to me, especially when the game itself talks about poise in skills like Perseverance, meaning the devs know what the word actually means. I mean it sounds more like Agility = Poise is the stupid conclusion made with the data than that the devs actually doing just that.

I got three pale tongues and 69 cracked red eye orbs while trying to get them drop one chest armor.

I've had 4 chest armors and more than 4 of each other piece since I started and not a single tongue.

I just want to get rid of one fucking stat point in dexterity and put it on endurance.

See

quick question, does what hand you hold your Pyro flame in actually fucking matter for damage and shit?

Because I noticed it matters in dark souls 1.

Had the same because the gloves didn't drop.

I've never had a single covenant item randomly drop from the enemies that have them as rare drops.

I was still able to 100% all covenants in less than a day, though. Fuck grinding for drops.

Is anyone actually playing the game in its current state? I can't tolerate the constant freezing in the latest patch, and From apparently doesn't want to do anything about it since it's been there for days now and there's been no hotfix or rollback.

It's a shame because I was actually starting to have some fun with PvP as an Aldrich Faithful, but now the game is effectively unplayable.

The patch was released on the 13th (two days ago) and Fromshit doesn't work on weekends.

A lot of Japanese video game companies don't work on weekends.

Numbers have dropped significantly. Last weekend it was something like 60,000+ in-game at 12:00 GMT while it's now down to 24,000 at 12:00 GMT.

Fanboys are in full damage control mode and blaming it on everything from it being a weekend to Doom being released and some even going as far as blaming casuals not gitting gud at PvP.

I'm not saying any of From's PC shenanigans are acceptable, but anyone who didn't expect loads of technical problems on a From PC release is an idiot.

I'm not quite sure where you think I implied that, I'm simply explaining why it hasn't been fixed yet. I'll honestly be surprised if it even gets fixed before next thursday/friday since they clearly don't give a fuck.

What sort of hobbled together shit systems do you guys have?

My machine is like 3 years old and I haven't had a single fucking problem.

I have had ONE crash and since I run so many fucking programs at once that interface with a game I can't be sure it was the game itself that caused it.

Like for real. What in the fuck is wrong with everyone's computers?

Are you playing the pirated version? Because the 1.4.1/1.6.1 patch they released on friday causes intermittent GPU usage to drop to 0% for every single player.

It's a problem with the latest update, unrelated to system requirements. Please read the posts you reply to.

Nope. Bought it through steam.

So is this only a pirate problem?

was just playing it for a few hours. I have the latest patches.

I've yet to see a single person say they don't have the problem and I'm wary about believing an user that wants to feel good about being better than everyone else with his 3 year old rig.

Who invited Gamefaqs?

But I haven't had any of the amazing amount of issues that others seem to report.

My guess is that i'm not running on the highest settings available.
My machine seems to only really just break over the minimum requirements in some areas so i'm playing on the auto-detected "High" settings.

I guess that puts me at console levels, really.

Three options:

1) You pirated the game.
2) You have the Steam overlay disabled or the overlay renderer log set to read only.
3) You're lying.

On my end, I've been successful with shield kicking but what fucks me up is the I-won't-stop-running-until-you-press-a-button attacks, namely those little faggots with the flamberge.

The faster pace, lack of poise, incredibly lenient access to quick roll and clear advantage of light weapon R1 spam made me think I could play it like Bloodborne and I could go Eileen on bosses and carve them like turkeys but after plenty of boss battles that I only got through because of scum-healing, I've realized the game is still very much Dark Souls - bide your time and wait for a opening; but now with the added difficulty that most enemies have anti-circling attacks and bosses in particular have very small windows for you to attack and not get immediately smacked before you're even done with your swing.

There's also the issue that it seems the game clearly favors DEX and Quality builds. Every damn GS (and even some UGSs) require sizable investment in DEX and you can get 8 points of DEX from two rings.
I can't complain because that's what I'm rolling but it's really discouraging me from starting a paladin build.

All that said, this game is letting me get my fashion freak on so hard, I can't stay mad at it.
Still…

Wait til you start farming ears. I've got enough Silver Knight sets to clothe a private army.

No.
No.
No.

Is it really that fucking hard to believe that there are people that don't have the same fucking problems you have?

ayy lmao

It's not anything to do with the overlay, I've had that shit disabled since day one and I still have issues with freezing after the latest patch that were not present before.

Who cares, really. You get people who claim to never have had a bug in their life no matter what buggy piece of shit a game may be in actuality.

Some of those shields that got cut look really neat though

Firelink set would be cool if it didn't make you look like a skeleton mode skinny faggot

Don't worry they're not cut out the inevitable DLC has just not been released yet.

One thing I've always hated about the armour sets in DaS is how they don't always conform to your character's body properly. The Dancer and Artorias sets are particularly bad examples of this. I can understand the silver knight and black knight helms being too narrow for your character's head to actually fit into them, but in all other cases things should fit your character properly, otherwise what's the point of the physique sliders?

If you want to wear the dancer set and look like a hungry skeleton, then make a hungry skeleton at the start of the game or alter your appearance at Rosaria.

let me guess
you used the masculine/feminine slider , right?

I'm doing an invasion build and was thinking about settling on 69, that's pretty good for invasions right?
Anyway I was thinking I'd use a quality build so I could try a bunch of different weapons and right now I'm interested in getting the Black Knight Glaive. I haven't even joined rosaria yet so I have all my respecs left too.

How does my current build look? I shouldn't need more vigor for SL ~69 do I?

Hahahah, no, it's really, really shit and at 40/40 only has 15% more AR than a fucking longsword, it costs a billion stamina to swing and it's slow as fuck.

Works on all stab attacks

Playerbase dropped around the weekend?
You think they might be doing other things?
Nah..crazy right..

I'm not claiming shit on that level but what I am saying is that I'm not having problems and I provided a few insights into how i'm running the game.

See, I don't get you faggots. You would rather sit here with a game that is unplayable and bitch about the company that made it rather than try to pull together and figure out how to make it work so you can get back to playing.
Why? Whats in it for you? So you can feel like you have friends on an anonymous image board when you get a bunch of "me too!" type of fucking responses?
I used to wonder, at first, if fags like this actually owned the fucking game and if they weren't just salty fucks who were shitty that others were having fun with shit they didn't like.
But now I wonder if you're not just fuckwads trying desperately to fit in. Trying to get that validation from Holla Forums (which is sad). Because nothing is ever good enough for Holla Forums and god damnit perfect games are OWED to Holla Forums aren't they?

Go suck on the business end of a shotgun until it smells like Teen Spirit in your basement you fucking losers.

noice

There's just too wide a gulf between mediocre and good this time around.

(Checked)

True. You can't really use gimmick builds because it's nigh-on impossible to get fun out of them.

THE QUADS OF TRUTH

twin blades and twin dagger are my fav weapons

The worst part of the linearity in this game is that the best infusions that isn't pure physical comes so late

Fucking christ I can't invade anyone anywhere. I just need one fucking pale tongue.

What affects invasion probability?

If the BKG is trash, is Gundyr's Halberd any better? The charge is neat and damage seems solid, too bad I can't buff it though.

the battle art has insane tracking

but it is so easy to parry

Never have my feelings been expressed so accurately by an illiterate BR.

Fucking dickbro puts a summon sign down and runs away like a bitch when he is losing. I hope none of you faggots do this.

I'll even post another one:

What is it about this game that makes people just absolutely "need" to do every dick thing they can possibly do to score a single kill?

It is about the same for more viable builds too.

take your soundless webm and stick it up my cock you fag

Weapon level and soul level. Go try out invasion at second archdragon peak bonfire. That place is great since often people end up aggroing the endlessly spawning knight and dying to it.

Keep in mind weapon level means your highest upgraded weapon, not what is equipped. ir if you've taken something to +10 or +5 twinkling/scale even if you'd destroyed it or unequipped it you're pretty much boned if you want invasions at a low SL permanently.

Not the poster, but it's obvious that it's meant to be soundless you fucking pleb.

This man is correct. They made it so twinkers can't be twinks.

If you are lvl 1 with +10 gear, you are essentially something like lvl 30-40 (forgot the ratios).

You're a fucking idiot. All glaive movesets in this game are incredibly good.

Why dont you come to Anor Londo and make me?

Only if you stop acting like a faggot.

Only faggots I see here are the ones "duelists" I summon who run away because they can't die like a man (or woman, whatev I am a equal opportunity murderer).

Being scared of dying in a Souls game, ESPECIALLY THIS ONE, is the #1 sign that you're still a scrub. A real player transcends the fear of death.

Yeup. All talk, no dueling in Anor Londo. Figured.

So is the duel going to be decided by who's game decides to freeze up first?

I'm not the same person dude. I'll fight you in Anor Londo if you like though. I just got off work and i want to play.

Also, this

Then you can transcend the fear of them chuggin on you can't you? They don't have unlimited estus you tard. If they chug on you, just chug back.

What does that have to do with anything?

In 1 and 2, invading was like bullying and beating up nerds. You couldn't sip, but they couldn't sip without being punished and you had every single NPC on your side so the fight was heavily stacked in your favor. Fights typically didn't last much longer than 30 seconds.

In 3, invading is like trying to bully and beat up nerds who 90% of the time will have a buff as fuck /fit/ friend (or two) with him, and another /fit/bro who will teleport in ~30 seconds after you show up to help them kill you. Since everyone can sip without reprisal, fights can drag on for an extremely long time which isn't fun for anyone.

Because of that, a lot of invaders have gotten bitter as fuck and will do the scummiest shit possible to win (even coming into a fight club and 1 shotting the host with the white hair talisman exploit while the host's back is turned), and will even be happy with just wasting your time even if they end up losing.

Shitbags will always exist, but they could have largely prevented this phenomenon with a better invasion system. Putting people with friendly phantoms to the front of the invasion queue is fine, but you should be queued up against simultaneous invaders equal to the amount of friendlies in the game (minus blueberries), and if the host successfully fights them off, he should be pulled out of the invasion queue until he leaves the area or touches a bonfire.

It has to do with the fucking topic you were just bitching about you fucking cunt.

YOU are whining about people healing on you, yet this is an option available to YOU as well. There's no fucking rules saying you can't chug, and it's not unfair if you do. You're just bitching about something you don't like

Check IDs you nigger.

who is this irresistible little girl?

You've got to appreciate the irony of people doing invasions, a concept that by definition is meant to be unfair end up complaining about how others playing unfairly and being dicks makes it hard for them to play unfairly and be dicks.

So, YOU WERE the one who I was talking to still?

Holy shit, you're a moron

I have no idea who you are or why you're so buttblasted. But I enjoy your autistic rage.

I'm the guy that couldn't beat the twin princes yesterday. Apparently I found the hidden easy mode in the game. fast roll.

also, nice attempt at deflecting your fucking idiocy by saying "lol ur just mad"

You're still fucking retarded

You're not wrong, but giving hosts such a big advantage makes people want to invade less, which kills the community quicker.

It's not like dying is a huge deal anyway.

It feels like the boss punishes me for playing 2handed ultra GS more than others. Dodging shit and doing damage is fucking hard in second phase.

How's my glass cannon look?
The extremely low health + sun princess ring is so I can have Power Within activated at the same time RTR and Morion Blade are going without it killing me.

I can do that too

You're still trying to deflect that you're a chromosome hoarder

You got gud

Is there any reason not to move some endurance into vig?

Now if they could just fix their fuckup with their latest patch.

Boy I sure love how challenging it is to get combofucked by bosses with this amazing new patch.

just don't play the game man

nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/18/?

Working poise script, try it out yourselves. It'll probably get you a softban though so use at your own risk. Anyone wanna do poise-enabled duels?

Maybe you should turn off the computer for a while, mang.

Why not just play Dark Souls 1 or 2 then? Y'know, if you're so inept at playing the game that you need poise

Power Within deals damage based on percentage and all healing rings/items go by a flat number, so by having exceptionally low health I can nullify the lethality of activating Power Within at 20% health. Raising my Vig will get me killed faster, in a roundabout kind of way.

I expect that sort of shit from reddit or the steam forums but it's disappointing to see how common that mindset is here.

If that's your first playthrough, I'd just take a break and play something else until they either revert 1.4.1/1.6.1 or hotfix it, because that's just awful and really fucks up the flow of combat. You don't want your first kill of the final boss to be spoiled with that.

I'd argue that while it may lower the amount of people wanting to use the red-eye orb, it increases the amount of people using the red soapstone.

So is the game good or what ?
Some say it's a subpar game in the Souls series and others say it's the return of the messiah.
I have it pirated but I don't want to invest time in a shit game.

Twinkers can still be twinks just fine. Raw ASS is bullshittingly strong, carthus rouge + any bleed weapon or even just a fast weapon like a generic longsword, not even upgraded is bullshittingly strong. Its easier than ever to twink, you don't even have to do some convoluted process to get a permanent orb or find some late game armor as armor is worthless.

What kills twinks is the whole 3 summons plus a blue with estus thing, which isn't really a good solution imo as it makes the PVE completely trivial at the same time.

No. The worst souls game by a mile.

Don't buy it. I can start listing reasons why if you'd like

yeah it's annoying. But fuck it, maybe they'll fix it tomorrow

You're right about the red soapstone, but there was never a lack of people using it. It encourages fight clubs and duels, but discourages regular invasions.

It's good, but has some glaring balance issues. It's mostly a problem in PvP.
I don't regret buying it but I wish they fixed a few things. Take that as you will.

Couldn't care less about getting banned from online at this point my man. If anything I'd just jump to the pirated version since it apparently has less cancer in it.

I just hope my shitty freezepatch saves are compatible with whatever version the pirate online is made for which I assume is the previous patch.

To add to this, you don't even need to worry about invading infinitely upwards as a twink anymore. No more invading SL 387s on an SL 12, no more griefing/discouraging lowbie twinks by sitting in undead burg in full havels with a vit gouge build. They conveniently match you with nearly on-level targets and even keep you almost certainly geared better. No more being invaded by darkmoons well above yourself as well.

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking, the whole system is the most fucked its ever been.

Better than DS2.
On a pure PvE standpoint it's probably Dark souls 1 level.
Holy shit the PvP is so astonishingly bad. Not BB levels of bad, but it's up there

get the fuck out.

God, no.

Everyone is disagreeing with each other on exactly how it places with the other games, but most of us think it's worth playing.

I preordered itfor the soundtrack and since I was planing on getting it any way
113 hours on record, though I kinda feel discouraged to go for multiple playthroughs.
It's without a doubt better than dark souls 2 in almost every regard…. well, not counting them taking away the whips ability to riposte and backstab ;~; and making sorcery worthless in pvp which, let's be real, this is a melee game first and foremost
HOWEVER
I can see this game reaching the almost good enough successor to Dark Souls 1 spot as soon as the DLC rolls out.

It's better

What I enjoyed most of the bossfights. Sure there were one or two weak ones, but there were weak ones in DS1 as well.

I too enjoyed the unpunishable rifle spears, the horrible netcode, and only being able to get invaded in 2 areas

Well I don't plan on playing it online anyway since I have it pirated and I bought Dark Souls 2 so they have to repay me with a free game.

Well I guess I may aswell do it

That's fine then.

Just keep in mind magic is shit and poise does nothing. If you play full melee you'll have fun.

I would agree that DS2 was worse, but DS2 has so much more content and you could actually use pretty much anybuild you wanted.
DS3 PvE punishes you HARD for using anything other than melee. It's also short as hell with almost everything about the game being recycled.

The PvP is fucking atrocious right now, but every souls game has had terrible PvP just after release.

ATM, I'd still say DS2 is better. With DLC and FromSoft hopefully ACTUALLY fixing shit like the stutters and weapon balance, then 3 will be much better than 2. Until then, I wouldn't recommend the game to anyone.

Imagine level design on par with Souls 1 before Lost Izalith but with enemy placement and enemy shittery on par with Souls 2 and you've got Souls 3.

Expect unreasonable amounts of enemies and enemies with very short windows of opportunity for attacks in between their relentless barrage of hard hitting attacks. Unlike in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 enemies also don't seem to have any kind of simulated stamina of their own so they can very easily just keep attacking over and over with no pause, sometimes you can also get completely fucked by them using too many attacks in too short of a time. For example one of the early bosses has a charge that it does 3 times but sometimes it will follow it up with another attack that is a string of attacks resulting in your stamina running out and being unable to dodge it, there is no real thought put behind enemy limitations only player limitations seem to have been considered.

Another problem is that there's a ring that negates fall damage in the game. How is that a problem? Well because since that ring exists there are a whole lot of areas in the game where progressing means dropping down and taking damage or tediously switching out rings. None of that shit you had in Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls where mandatory drops that resulted in damage were very limited.

I would give it a rating of at least it's not Dark Souls 2 out of ten.

Compared to everything else being released today, it's basically a masterpiece. Compared to other Souls games, it's just okay. Depending on how the DLC shakes out, it could end up being pretty great, but that's a long time from now.

If I was in your shoes, I'd just not play it and wait for all of the DLC to be released and then pirate it and give it one good run.

DS2 SotFS still has the horrible rolling and enemy tracking as well as even more retarded mob enemy placement. At one point in the DLC you get invaded by 5 NPC invaders at the same time.
FROM wont fix shit, im surprised they didnt claim that the latest framdrops aren't 100% intentional.

Let's not forget:

I think there's like 2 chests in the entire game that aren't fucking Mimics.

For PvP? Not really, there was always a huge meta build involving santas, raw+10 daggers, Painting Swords or whatever it was called.

PvE build variety I'd agree. Magic got nerfed to the point of near uselessness.
But as far as area design and boss design I'd disagree. Sure there was more content, but on average it was way worse.

Where does this happen? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I played through SotFS a few months ago and I don't remember that happening. I could have blocked it out, but I feel like I'd remember something that shitty.

I think he might be talking about the Gank Squad in Shulva

Rifle spears got nerfed ages ago, like maybe a week and a half after it was discovered how bullshit arcane bullets were.

Netcode is stable

I agree on the limited invasion thing though, but ring a bell or put on a hunter/radiance rune or just put up with a 2v1. Its years since release and I'm still able to invade pretty consistently.

I hope if they ever make a new souls type game they make it so you can always be invaded anywhere at any time. I doubt it with how hard they've been pandering to casuals though.

Out of like, 5 chests in the game total.
Also doesn't it seem strange that we are experiencing a lack of chests?

I agree with the enemy tracking, but the rolling wasn't the problem in 2. The ADP stat was

All the meta builds got nerfed out of existence in 2. The end result of 2 PvP is astonishingly balanced. The only problems being the "tech" that people eventually found. If you thought toggle escaping in DaS was bad. The exploits in 2 make that look like a balanced mechanic. Hardly anyone uses them though as they're incredibly impractical.

I'm only comparing base here. DLC is usually a huge quality boost and in the case of BB it made arcane builds exist.

Also 2v1 is for massive faggots and removing the ability to 1v1 is horrible.

And hell no it's standard from netcode, that's not stable at all

He's talking about the Prowlers in Brume Tower.

You get invaded by one at first, who is very strong. After defeating him or running up the stairs, 5 more Prowlers will appear. But these Prowlers have lower health and slightly less damage than the first one. You have to defeat all 6 in total for the Invader to count as being defeated.

The really odd part is how many blood stains there were at every single mimic that showed people trying to open them and getting eaten.

Early game I guess is understandable but you'd think by the time they get to the profaned capital they wouldn't be falling for the old mimic trick especially with the very obvious chain placement. Except for that one cunt of a mimic in the cathedral where the chain is clipping into the rug.

I agree the DWGR pre nerf sure was fun xD.

If you don't consider a patch pushed shortly after release base I don't know why you're bothering to play anything at all.

git gud

Well yeah but you're speaking like it was exclusively bad for BB or something, its far from the worst in the series.

What did adp actually do? I've had people saying it improved the iframes on rolling and others saying it's the new resistance.

I am 100% fine with an invader being a dick. That's what dickwraiths do. They invade, merely to fuck someone else up. However, in that situation, don't expect the host to play fair either.

The fight in anor londo was 100% strictly ME summoning HIM and he decided to be a total douche about losing. I am glad I got to watch him die to the spider.

The dicks who invaded me at Pontif, well, like I just said I understand it, but I find it frustrating that i am winning in a 2v1 and they immiedatly try to run away the moment it becomes a 1v1 fair fight after they *tried* to gangfuck me. At least accept that you're a fucking scrub and fight me to the end since your faghat tactic failed.

oh they didn't make the bows useful ?

Obviously there is no middle ground between the two.

I found magic absolutely amazing, despite what people say.

Dragon ring + hidden body = I spend my time just picking up loot and fighting bosses.

Bosses can be tanked by others while I sling spells and I am almost done with the game on my pure int wizard at this point. Super fun!

oh yeah it was shortly after release… of Old Hunters. I mean the game's only been out for about a year now so timelines get squished pretty fast.
Honestly I put BB pre-Old hunters at DS2 levels. I didn't like it. Post old hunters… it's alright.

The problem was that people who didn't know about the game bitched about the "hitboxes" because they didn't understand how rolling worked. Same thing with Soul Memory. The mechanic itself is quite good. The problem was that nobody fucking understood it, and that stacked on top of all the other changes made them drop the game.

It improved I-frames when rolling and backstepping. It increased the speed of various non combat actions and estus use. It gave you resistance, and it scaled your poison bonus.
So yea, it was basically an improved resistance.
A lot of people bitched about it being a level gate and that it forced you to pour X amount of levels into ADP. That's not the case though. You can overtime, lower the amount of ADP you have and become better with rolls. Before 3 released, I was used to playing with 92 AGI (the I frame stat, primarily affected by ADP)

They made them better in terms of use, but the damage is pathetic now. They're only good for finishing people off or cheesing mobs in PvE

Bloodborne western release date: march 24-25th 2015
Patch that fixed rifle spear: may 25th 2015
3 months

Old hunter release date: november 24th 2015
8 months

I was talking about the invaders complaining about how "unfair" it is now, not you user.

You're right, I remember just mowing them down without much trouble. Maldron the Assassin, on the other hand, fucked my shit up worse than anything else in that entire DLC until I eventually got gud and used a Giant Seed when he ran down the stairs :^).

The game was out for 3 months before it was fixed, not a year.

I think you misread that.
3 months when the game's been out a year is comparatively a long time for it's lifespan.

I know, I just wanted to add that little tidbit.

Personally, I find it fun to invade a host even if he has a posse around with him. I do wish they'd institute a rule that if the host has 2 friends, then they have a higher chance of getting 2 red/purp spirits

I can generally kill 1 of the 3 before I die, but it's amazingly fun when you manage to get all of them (rare).

When I invade, i try to find out how many there are before I decide if i need to play as a dickwraith or if I just charge. Usually 2v1 I will try my luck and skill, but 3v1 I either have to wait for another person or do dicktactics.

it's hard being honorable but also a douche at the same time.

We were originally talking about PVP and you stated one of the problems with it was the rifle spear being bullshit. I agree it was gamebreaking at the time, but it was patched quickly and is thus irrelevant. You also stated that
Which lead me to believe you were talking about the patch that fixed it.

If you were talking about arcane builds, well whatever who cares? They've always been around, Old hunters just brought in moonlight sword and a couple tools.

Not really in the capability to be good. They only really became not awful after the MGS was put in.

Shit sorry.
Bloodborne_Official_Artworks.rar189.1 MB
mega.nz/#!VUABTADa!JlOKrjfLrlSNxXjxtgdmNgZ9zJXusETsMpipKNOxVVg
dark souls 2 design works.rar244.9 MB
mega.nz/#!tJ4TBASL!97Kk7shlK33HFTgNRF1I3huHjomt6By3sfEkykSESr0
DARK_SOULS__8545_-_Artbook.pdf25.6 MB
mega.nz/#!gA5kFJCB!mI_c89BsKblQDMBViq820Xy5bceOl5JaR9V1LFh-2Z4
Dark_Souls_Design_Works.rar163.6 MB
mega.nz/#!tc5HkAbS!HdK8Z_yoVtKuF_9vSzmYKpZ0BzQ5AC5byh3-sKW1Iug
Demon_39_s_Souls_Official_Art_collection.7z145.8 MB
mega.nz/#!5ERV3Cxb!3S7EzG7SzcDpkAnNsQfhxvX25Nsg2Y2P3OgzZRpsqac

Your fucking bait isn't working dude.

It's weird, because there's no mimmics at endgame, but plenty sprinkled throughout otherwise. It doesn't bother me though.

soul of cinder secondo stegi.

is it supposed to be hard?

Sould of Cinder isn't supposed to be hard.

At all.

it's easier than the Princes, but I still fuck up my rolls.

When I decide to hit him I get stuffed
When I don't he doesn't attack

It's like I'm playing a fighting game. Fuck the infinite stamina fucks in this game, Jesus Christ.

The problem with adp was in animation. Not only animation was made for 30 fps adaptation only affected iframes and not animation.

Thank you user, these are great

Doesn't anyone wanna duel me with poise on?
A-anyone?

I know this is the DS3 general thread, but I am curious, is DS2 (Scholar of the First Sin) considered decent compared to what people thought of the base game before the expansion? I never did play the SotFS, and hell, I got a decent distance into DS2, but never actually finished it. Should I consider double-dipping, or do people still shit on DS2 to no end?

For a single playthrough. with the DLC, it's pretty solid.
Anything more and the cracks in design start to piss you off even more

DLC is good. Base is meh.

don't listen to people that say the DLC is good. It's not. It's the same as the base game.

I played though whole of the SotFS without playing the standart game. It was good, but it gets boring fast and there is a lot of low quality content, like in DS1.

The only problem with dlc is that it was underfurnished sometimes. Rooms/corridors had nothing but enemies. No torches, no boxes, no tables, no nothing.

For a single playthrough it's justifiable.

INT and FTH is still hard to use excluseively unless you dump points into either one, not sure why Pyro is so good but oh well

if you're gonna run INT or FTH, dump points, I mean like 50-60, get MLGS or whatever inherent lightning weapon you can because Crystal and Blessed infusions aren't great

Moonlight Greatsword is great, never used it before but it's one of my favorite weapons now

Have they made at least one Reaper-class weapon viable yet?

wtf who is this faggot, I couldn't stand listening to his faggot voice for 5 seconds.

please seriously watch this gay shit?

Astora greatsword is great for both INT/FTH, FTH and INT, just make sure you've got a clutch ring for the damage types to get that small boost.
For pure faith, lightning lothric knight sword/greatsword.

Who did this artwork it's badass.

I don't know what it is, but everything about the DA and the Butterflies creeps me out more than it should. I kinda wish we got more coverage on them in items, for all we have to go on is that they're called Pilgrim Butterflies and they became obsessed with both the castle and the armor.

Everything else we have is just conjecture though (POSSIBLY the people being turned into trees on both the High Wall and the Settlement are related to them, MAYBE the dead pilgrims are carrying it) my only hope to figure out anything is to wait for a DLC to address them in some way.

They are made just to look good. Same goes with 2x size human. They are big just to intimidate players.

Posting this again.

Have you ever had phantom range? Or is it everyone else had it? You are fucking retarded.

Phantom range only happens when players are moving, faggit. These two guys are standing still.

But what about horizontal reach?

Sure thing, its just game is unfair only to retards who dont understand how game works.

So did they fix the stuttering ?

Care to try again but with more english this time?

no

Just figured I give it the good old try.

Invade a ganker world.
Game drops to 0 fps multiple times during the fight.
Still manage to kill the shitters.
Close the game out immediately and decide to do something else.

FIX YOUR SHIT FROM

Since DaS 3 is more fanservice than anything, why can't From just have the three DLCs be rehashes of Boletaria, Lordran, and Drangleic respectively?

Because they're already going to be rehashes of the painted world and surrounding areas, Oolacile and the tower of Latria.

They will also feature many more weapons with frost on them and frost infusion gems.

What?

I didn't record the video mate.

I never figured out where to get the key to the sewers in the undead settlement, and now I've gone into NG+ without satisfying my item collecting autism.

How do? Do I have to do something with Hammer McHardbeef?

dude, you buy it from the merchant at the firelink shrine

what does it mean when there is red and yellow "lava" shit all over your covenant icon, like in ?

its only available after you give the merchant some ashes found in undead settlement iirc

That just means you have your ember on, like the human form in the former games.

Yeah, looks like I missed those.

So can anyone explain why the Watchdogs and Faithful both seem to have some retarded hate boner for reds and purples? I mean, we're on the same side, if the host dies, we get our drops. why do you make a beeline for my backstab-box as soon as I show up to help you with the gank squad?