ITT: Retarded fanbase bullshit from a series you love that never ceases to rustle you

ITT: Retarded fanbase bullshit from a series you love that never ceases to rustle you

Silent Hill:

Monster Hunter:

These are the worst two for me. Sometimes its best to never know what the fanbase of a series you love talks about.

Fully redundant. Once a community is established it's going to wallow in its own filth until the end of time.

Its just a shame its not always harmless fanwankery though.

I cant help but wonder what might have happened to Silent Hill without the complete hard right turn into 'therapist town' territory Tom Hullet decided it was because he took SH2 far too literally.

Fucking this. It isn't fanbase bullshit, but it might as well be.

WHERE'S MY FUCKING DMC5!?

Just wait for E3 niggs, dante and virgils voice and mo cap guys have been back at capcom for a couple of months now.

I dunno about E3 but I'd definitely be expecting an announcement at some point or another.

I'd plain forgotten about that DMC/Bayo crossover Kamiya was taking a poll for.

The whole Hyrule Historia bullshit. Zelda was always a retelling of the same story: not-elf pure arian boy has to fight the evil powerhungry sandnigger wizard to save the princess and save the world.

Then the fanbase decided they're all canon just in different times/timelines and Nintendo gobbled it up and printed a book about it. What a load of idiocy. The only games that necessarily follow each other say so in game (WW for example has stained glass of the sages from OoT). But that's not good enough for fans. EVERYTHING is connected. Why? Because autism I guess. Even though Hyrule looks nothing alike between any two Zelda games, it's all the same universe!

I hope they all get bone cancer.

Capcapom already confirmed all their announcement dates, just not what they all are. They said "the second half of 2015 is a rapid fire schedule for our core audiences" The assumptions right now are

its going to be an interesting TGS thats for sure.

oh boy i can't wait to see this abortion

Its funny how when Dark Souls came out people said "its basically Zelda" based on the gameplay.

Now 3 games on its also like zelda with the autistic fanbase cheesing their panties over item names and references to previous games and WHAT IT REALLY MEANS FOR THE TIMELINES.

Most people seem to hope its dino crisis, that shit aint never happening.

If anything it makes Wind Waker even ballsier to me, Hyrule Historia claims the total lack of a hero's appearance is because Link was removed from the timeline by being sent back into his childhood so there wasn't a hero to reincarnate. Meanwhile Wind Waker's Link manages everything a proper Link could almost entirely without divine intervention, even laying claim to the Master Sword.

Inafune leaving the company really is the best thing that could've possibly happened.

i'd bank they're gonna pull some shit like "OKAY WE'RE BRINGING MEGAMAN LEGENDS BACK FOR REAL THIS TIME"

I would fucking laugh and laugh for the inajewne defence forces reaction to that.

I stopped caring about fanbases as soon as I realized there's no point.
Not saying it will ever go away, but it's an uphill battle not even worth fighting. I'd rather ignore retarded bullshit than go out of my way to see more of it.

Not a series, but I miss when minecraft wasn't primarily a game inhabited by 12 year olds.

Early early in the alpha most of the people I bumped into were late HS/college aged dudes, who were actually pretty awesome people that just wanted to chill out and build shit.

Nowadays it's literal kids running around being obnoxious and incomprehensible.

It's sad. You can't just play minecraft anymore without being labeled an autist, just because it attracted a young fanbase.

WW Link has the spirit of the hero retard, he's still a reincartion

WW also fucked everything up for the series anyway by forcing Hyrule to be flooded and forcing two timelines

The wierd thing for me?

Every minecraft autist ive run into is some greying early 40's guy who goes Ghost tier CANS.wav nuclear online and plays the "i'll be the bigger man… kid" card while lying about being in the military in the past.

Its the 'that guy' of minecraft i always ran into time and time again.

monhun being post-modern earth is entirely buyable for me
the ice age is finally completely over, we blow each other all to hell, clone dinosaurs for war machines, and radiation/evolution over thousands of years covers the rest, as the water from the caps largely reclaims low-lying land, and inland deserts and small landmasses are all that's left
games set by the future-Gobi and future-Sahara, tropical forests near where the coasts would be, so forth
don't know about metal gear resident evil clusterfucks though, that's some game theory shit

Blame Peace Walker.

Not going by Hyrule Historia, which is the stickpin here. Wind Waker takes place in the HH timeline where time continues after Link's beaten Ganon and is sent back to live his childhood; since Link tattles on Ganondorf resulting in his execution in Twilight Princess, the "Link wins but is sent back" timeline is effectively divorced from everything else, and because Link was sent back he's not even present to die and be reincarnated in that timeline.

Though it doesn't help that the games themselves largely ignore the Hyrule Historia, with Hyrule Warriors recently referring to Wind Waker's Link explicitly as the Hero of his era.

You don't have to be fully dead to reincarnate in Zelda, plus the Spirit of the Hero is more of a transcendent spirit that arises when the land is in trouble

WW already causes problems by directly referencing MM

The souls series.

I will never understand lorefags. The games are fun, I like the combat, bosses, areas, and atmosphere of the games. I couldn't give any fucks about the super hidden lore though. Especially since most of the stuff I hear of it just sounds really dumb. Sometimes the less you hear about a story the better off you are.

I'm kinda hyped to see what Capcom shows this year. I'll probably regret it though since modern AAA studios always find a way to ruin something.

Literally everything related to MOTHER and this fat fuck.

Which is why HH is so fucking hilarious since it causes more continuity problems and inconsistencies than it solves. Hell, Twilight Princess has a MASSIVE plothole if you take HH at face-value: Ganondorf is prevented from dying by the Triforce of Power "activating" (for lack of a better term), but since the Sacred Realm wasn't opened due to Link not having any reason to claim the Master Sword, Ganondorf shouldn't have been able to get in and try to claim the Triforce, causing the split in the first place.

Oh Christ, what theories are there about Porky? The only prevalent one I'm aware of is that "Giygas is a fetus" may may.

Just chalk it up to time travel shit

I will give you a clue: there is another Capcom game that already included genetically-modified sci-fi dragons, a surface world similar to MonHun's (even if just seen briefly) and a potential justification as to why nobody in the MonHun universe has seen all the sci-fi stuff. It came before the first MonHun, and the fanbase didn't like it so it pretty much killed its series.

This faggot right here, I fucking hate him and the people who believe this fucking theory and are defending it in the comments.
all I can feel is rage, esopeciialy since no one has called him out on it.

Reminder that Donte is OLDER than Dante is in DMC3. Donte is like 27 and Dante is 18.

I still find people who think DmC is a prequel to DmC.
the first 30 seconds of DMC1 (the legend of Sparda.) make DmC impossible.

I wouldn't hate DmC as much as i do if it wasn't for what they did to Sparda.

i changed my post cus I didn't like part of it

This

Sparda wasn't tortured by Mundus, he just realized his dig was way too big to remain under the command of someone else.

the worst thing about fanbases is that there are some creative and sensible people there, but for each there are at least 20 meme spouting assholes that demand fanservice and push through their ridiculous, retarded ideas.

I already hate him as well, whoever he is

there are many things wrong with thinking DmC is a prequel but the biggest thing is Sparda perserved Peace over the human world for 2000 years until his death

In DmC not only is Mundus in control of the world but Sparda is still alive.

Sparda does nothing in DmC except bone an angel and then abandon his kids when she dies.

Are you seriously asshurt about this?

a bayonetta or 3d metroid game is probably the only thing that would convince me to get an NX

also:

I like pokemon theories involving N, the great weapon thingy, the giant guy and other stuff but the rest is just coma, post war and down right wrong shit

Is there one where his mom was banged by a Zoroark? Pokephilia seems to slowly be creeping in and I find that amusing as fuck. Literally just look at Korrina.

This is probably the worst thing I've ever seen

N is a Zoroark, dude

forgot pic

His voice alone gives away the fact that he is a faggot.

I remember when Valve still made games valvedrones would try to unironically claim that OMG TF2, HALF-LIFE AND L4D TAKE PLACE IN THE SAME UNIVERSEEEEE
Only Portal is in HL's universe, if you're trying to cram games like L4D or TF2 with vastly different tones and in the latter's case, has a fucking alternate history behind it you were dropped on the head as a baby.