CUHRAYZEE thread

I haven't seen a lot of those recently, so here is one.
I'm playing DMC3 on Very Hard for the first time, just finished mission 13. Vergil is pretty tough but he's also really fun to fight, definitely my favorite boss in the game. Mostly using Ebony&Ivory/Spiral and Rebellion/Beowulf and I have the Royalguard style equipped but so far I haven't been using it very much, I know that it deals tons of damage but I'm still having a hard time parrying a lot of attacks.
What is your favorite weapon/boss/mission/enemy? Which ones do you hate the most? And what other cuhrayzee games are you currently playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/fnl1up
poal.me/64ax71
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's the CUHRAYZEE list.

Trashed

this list needs tweaking, sigma 1 is okay but sigma 2 is criminally bad

also, ninja gaiden 3 his horrible but it was practically put off shelves for ninja gaiden 3 razors edge, which is an acceptable action game

I was playing DMC1, emulating through PCSX2.
The emulation is decent and there's nothing majorly wrong, except the fact sometimes I feel like everything and Dante is moving through jelly despite the game running at self-reported 60 fps sometimes.

Also DMC4 OC.

The list does need some updates. Someone should add Transformers: Devastation

devastation was pretty fun, would recommend

And what I mean.

I swear the game felt "faster" in some sections. But the frame rate count is consistently hovering around 59-60 for both regular and "sluggish" movement.

it's the only version of the game I've played so far but I found the missions where you play as Rachel really annoying since she can't do any of the cool ninja moves, I really don't feel like playing through these a second time. I'd love to try the game on Master Ninja difficulty though, probably going to buy an Xbox at some point after I'm done with all the cuhrayzee games on PC, PS3 and WiiU.

It was short and sweet but, it was amazing. I hope the Ninja Turtles cuhrayzee game is a little longer though.

i haven't seen much about the turtle game in awhile, but if tweak the system from transformers they'd have something good on their hands, hopefully the weapon drops are axed in favor of regular upgrade paths

These threads are nice. I'm going to play either Sigma 1 or Vanquish next, just beat DMC 3 on DMD. If/when I play DMC 3 again, I will play on Very Hard, because the main difference on DMD is damage dealt and enemy health and DT'ed enemies, and when they DT they become fucking tanks. Very Hard mode on a fresh file is probably the best way to go for real, pure challenge.

On a side note, Bayo 2 being on Wii U only is too damn depressing to bear. So sad.

Which /cgg/ games do currently play habitually?
poal.me/fnl1up

Let's see how influential that infographic is.

Use the pal ver it runs at 50fps but keeps the same speed

Original Xbox emulation needs to hurry up and git gud already. I want to replay Ninja Gaiden Black with all the benefits of emulation so badly it hurts.

Is anyone even working on XBOX original emulation? Aren't all the emulators depreciated?

Do you think it'll be good?

Which /cgg/ games have you played at least once?
poal.me/64ax71
For contrast.

Users can add answers since listing out all games in a series can be overdoing it.

Xbox is a notoriously-convoluted system that's almost completely unemulated as a direct result of the poor or nonexistent documentation on it and the difficulty in producing documentation on it

I have the game sitting on my shelf but I can't find the fucking remote for my old CRT TV. Guess I'm just going to use an emulator.

What, you can't just push the power button the TV itself? Don't all CRT Televisions' have buttons right on the TV itself?

I can turn it on but I can't select the right input source with the buttons on the TV itself, it's really annoying.

Why is cancelling this attack so much fun

needs updating to include Transformers Devastation, DMC4:SE and soon TMNT

bit apprehensive after Star Fox not going to lie

Started replaying MGR and asked myself why I wasn't just playing DMC3SE instead, so I'm replaying DMC3SE instead. Just doesn't sit well with me how much Revengeance feels like button mashing.

Considering either going back to W101 for a 101% Hard run or Bayonetta 2 for an Infinite Climax run after this

So what do you guys think about DMC 3 on DMD? Personally I wasn't a huge fan and will never play it again, I prefer Very Hard to DMD. I wish the enemy devil trigger was different, like making them actually harder rather than padding the fuck out of their health and making them unstunnable. I would say that Very Hard on a fresh file run would be awesome, and would be a better and fairer challenge than DMD. Thoughts?

RE still got a lot wrong when it came to the foundations of what made Ninja Gaiden Black and Sigma 1 good.

The waves of enemies in the first game were reserved for challenges that led to rewards, in RE they do it for difficulty which leads to tedium. They also screwed up boss fights which instead of being fast and difficult end up being a test of your endurance and patience. Removing a good chunk of the exploration and weapons didn't help the game either.

About the only thing good in RE is the combat against the normal enemies, but for whatever reason I feel like Black and Sigma manage to still be more fun in that department. Then again, that may be more personal.

Hopefully TMNT can give a decent new cuhrayzee Ninja Fix.

RE is a lot of duct tape, but i enjoyed it enough to play it a few times

it helped a lot that it had multiple characters and doing level select mode removed story elements and just let you play the combat only

Yeah, I mean, if you sit back and take it more as it's own thing It's alright. It may have been a bad Ninja Gaiden game, but it was an alright action game. That's more than can be said for DmC.

RE is the only "newer" action game that comes close to giving me that ninja gaiden 2 gore/skill fix

i'd just replay NG2 if it wasn't for the fact i got rid of my 360 ages ago and sigma 2 is terrible

Heed my warning: never attempt to rebuild a "cuhrayzee" community on Holla Forums ever again.

Only have sporadic threads like this on Holla Forums from time to time, this is how it was in the beginning, and this is how it should always be, some discussion and then everyone goes their own, separate ways.

I've seen this community start on Holla Forums and then over the years become a cancerous lump of circlejerking faggots on /vg/ that should all be shot in the back of the head for being gigantic drama queens.

Never attempt to build anything off this community and just keep things touch and go, it's for the best, anons can't be trusted with anything in the long run.

I get that jelly feel, it always felt like that even on my old TV. It has something to do with the semi-static cameras and game being in full 3D, it was one of the first of those.

Is there a link for the PC versions of DMC? I could probably emulate them but I have a feeling they'd be emulated badly.

Also, why does DMC2 get so much hate? Never played the series.

Emuparadise

And DMC2 was just a big fat horseshit, it was just not good in nearly anyway.

I knew how it was back when it was just DMC General on Holla Forums, but I'm not sure how exactly it got to what it is now.

My first guess was people responding to obvious bait, samefags, and not so obvious samefags,after /vg/ was made. Especially since there are no user i.d's on 4chan.

Second guess would be a small community becoming larger just because of the publicity and the media baiting fans in DmC.

But right now I'm just thinking its the quality of posters between Holla Forums and 4chan. In some ways it's very noticeable.

I found that the boss fights benefited from DMD much more than the regular enemies. The enemy placements are the same but the only difference is a few new moves for enemies and devil trigger which cuts down on their recovery and startup time. It's better than your average difficulty increase which is just adding more health to an enemy. But I think the better approach is something like Master Ninja Mode where enemy placements change and the enemy count increases. LDK took this sort of approach and I think it's a more genuine difficulty increase.

If capcom go ahead with a DMC5 I'd like DMD to keep what it already has as far as enemies getting DT and some new moves but at the same time take the enemy count and enemy placements from LDK.

you can emulate DMC 1-3 perfectly fine with pcsx2. I would recommend playing DMC 2 if you got the time (you probably do). It'll make you appreciate DMC 3 in another light :^)

Guns are too strong, many bosses have very few patterns and moves, many levels consist of giant empty corridors which kills some of the intensity of the combat.

The combat in general feels stiff and unsatisfying. Also, the game is way too easy. I beat it in one sitting without dying a single time. They did try to add some cool features like the acrobatics which later became trickster in DMC3 which took a lot of features from DMC2 and perfected them.

If you have a smart phone you can use it as a remote, works on any TV with an IR sensor assuming you didn't make it yourself or buy it deep in africa

I don't bother with polls, I'd slap anyone's shit in red hot rumble and fly through UVR like it's nothing. Shame people slept on 2, but when your demo wipes out memory cards I can understand why people don't mess with it

Maybe if certain posters took the hint that nobody gave a shit what they thought and other posters didn't respond it'd go better.

Also the constant "If Dwarf Fortress CUHRAYZEE" or whatever the fuck didn't help things. People just wanted an avenue to talk about game mechanics because the rest of the site didn't bother and nobody wanted to throw in new games when barely anyone played the games already there. Hell, DMC is the most played game and everyone still struggles going beyond mission 3.

Crank up the difficulty, DMD doesn't fuck around and holding square only opens you up to getting fucked over. All the DMCs are a joke below hard/DMD, especially 3, I can barely get any sort of challenge until I touch VH.

I believe there can be a good general thread on Holla Forums. As long as the shitposters from 4chan stay where they are and don't migrate here as well.

Also emulation woes..

He, , made that post about 3 minutes after I created and published that poll. Not much to fuss about, being one of the first voters.

Not sure where you got this. Though DMC3 Mission 1 and 2 are really common levels to make combo videos in.

In DMC 1? Are you fucking kidding? Gas them.

I'd assume he means DMC3, the Cerberus fight.

Yeah it's surprising, but I have seen a lot of people say they dropped the game at that fight.

In the general thread..?
I know that's a thing, but not within /cgg/. I haven't visited 4chan in a long time, still.

I wouldn't be surprised.
It has always turns out that people that are fans of games in a meme sort of way often never finish them or probably just watched some streamer or youtuber.
Also they generally have no real gaming skill at all.
Now i'm not going to say i'm immune from this, I have plenty of games that I haven't finished but that's not because of frustratingly hard areas. That's from getting distracted or bored.

I also noticed this sort of thing in Dark Souls (which isn't CUHRAZEE but I suppose with the right dex + Stamina build you could be relatively so compared to the rest of the game) where I was constantly told to "git gud" when I was dying forever on bosses and enemies only to see in every single screenshot that these "git gud" faggots had health bars 3 to 4 times the size of mine while near the same level.

Anyway, my pedigree of CUHRAZEE games that I have played from start to finish.

DMC1
DMC2
DMC3
DMC4
DmC (oh god)
Bayonetta 2
MGR:Revengencence

What should I be looking for next? I have the most recent release of DMC4 but i'm looking for new worlds/challenges/characters. I was thinking of peeking over at the current ninja gaiden series.

Also, are there any 2D games? Either retro or something new that could be like this or is this something only 3D can pull off?

Ninja Gaiden is really fun, the movement and combat is quite different from the games you've listed and it's extremely satisfying. It does have a fair amount of annoying bullshit enemies but the DMC games have those as well so don't worry. I really like Transformers: Devastation too but that game is very similar to MGR and Bayonetta, so if you're looking for something different you should probably try out NG first.

Viewtiful Joe is in 2D but I haven't played it myself yet.

Of any of those games it would be Bloodborne, if only for the pace, although that doesn't have nearly enough mechanical complexity in the combat to hold a candle to anything in this genre.

You played Bayonetta 2 but not 1? Go back and play 1, I was pretty sure every copy of that game came with the first one bundled.

Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2. It's not 2D but it takes place in a 2D plane. Valdis Story: Abyssal City and Muramasa: The Demon Blade are two actual 2D games with solid combo-focused combat.

If you're looking for others in the genre, I'd strongly recommend God Hand (which can be easily emulated) and The Wonderful 101 (since you obviously already own a Wii U).

Another picture from fooling around.

referring to DMC3, DMC1 has a solid balance, but in DMC3 after mission 3 you get stupid shit like a room full of enigmas, or sloths + soul eaters, or dullahans+fallen which people don't really like to fuck with that often and the game ends up more annoying than entertaining. Alot of people I talk to forget most of the missions after 3 barring the Vergil and Nevan fight.

Why aren't MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns on that list?

Are they not Cuhrayzee enough?

Madworld is actually pretty simple, but /cgg/ used to have a anarchy reigns group until the resident shitposter decided to throw a hissy fit and the bitch boys decided to listen to him

Never my entire time playing this game, have I come across this.

Is Bayonetta playable on PS3 now or is the framerate still bad?

most people find out by screwing up that jumping puzzle at the end of that area

theirs one of those special orbs down there to collect

look at how many people make memes of MGR:R, the parry system seems backwards as fuck at first but once you get used to it, it's fucking orgasmic. Truly cuhrayzee

Play Bayo 1 next. It's the sequel and prequel to Bayo 2

MGR was amazing

I already know about the area from falling down. I meant Nero no-clipping through the platform he's supposed to land on for that Grim Grip. The other hundreds of hours I've played the game, he's always landed.

—-

Seriously wish M1 Dante had more health.

whenever you do a normal shot, Dante's AI disables the dodge, and anytime you're away from him he'll do one long range action (usually shotty or laser), then he'll do fucking nothing after that.

Just abuse guns and you can get a free snatch on him whenever you want

Still by far the least preferred version of the game.

Got him.

Or Sam.
What I love about the cuh ray zee genre is you get rekt first 10 times, everything seems bullshit and impossible but then it clicks and you start to parry and dodge everything unconsciously due to muscle memory and with the music playing it's just fucking godly.

It was fucking bullshit but once I learned his patterns I fucking demolished him
In fact been replaying MGR:R a bit, refaced Blade Wolf who I fucking hated first time round and killed him first time on hard mode

good job

I started playing Viewtiful Joe earlier today and I'm having the exact same experience. At first I had a lot of trouble with the game but now that I've played for a while and learned the mechanics a little it's highly satisfying.

Fighting Vergil on mission 20 of DMC3 on DMD mode is one of the greatest vidya experiences I've ever had and the best boss fight I've ever done. It took an hour and 45 minutes of dedication but fuck was it fun and satisfying to do.

Is it worth picking up the DMC Collection over the originals on PS2? And if so, what platform? I heard the 360 was slightly better but I'd prefer using a DS3.

You've got the options for PC emulation for DMC1 and DMC3. DMC3SE is also available on PC but the port was botched. The style switcher mod reportedly fixes everything. The HD collection has some errors such as occasional freezing but I didn't start seeing it until 80+ hours into DMC3. I saw a guy get the error on stream about 40 minutes in though so if you're concerned about the game freezing, the PS2 version is probably safer.

I was going to ask what this guy was. Except should I grab a PC torrent of it?
I hate hooking up my PS3 honestly. As I really hate consoles these days outside of the really old stuff

Well I guess I could just emulate it. I just want DMC 3 SE on my PC.

I need cuhrayzee suggestions for either 360 or PSP.
Also is this any good?

I heard it was a mess of different ideas.

the pros of the DMC collection is that you get 3 games for what is it now? $20? The only issues I have in the HD collection is that in DMC3 Kalina Ann doesn't work like it's supposed to and on the PS3 version there are moments where it crashes when it loads cutscenes. The crashes are rare but god did they get on my nerves.

DMC1 on the HD collection is preferred, I think it's the japanese version where a few moves got nerfed but the controls are synced up to match DMC3 instead of DMC1's clusterfuck of press Triangle to jump.

Despite that I'd rather get the PC version of 3 since you can mod it so hard that it's an improved game and get the HD collection just to experience 1 and 2

still need to get round to playing it, after DMC I'm immediately playing Vanquish

Currenly playing through dmc4:SE and MGR
I think i'm on the last stage of MGR (i fought fat guy with the shields in the previous one so only samurai man is left)
The game's been great so far, i imagine it's quite short since after samurai man it probably ends but good god has this been high octane fun so far,
Nothing like using a bunch of robot arms and spin like a beyblade
I'm only on the 5th stage of dmc4 since i've been playing MGR more but holy shit, however did the work porting this over should be put on a fucking pedestral. This thing runs smooth as fuck
Still don't know how i feel about Nero and his grabby arm but it sure does make comboing shit to death easier

You still have a little bit left after the samurai fight, but I'd leave before it gets spoiled, the last chapter defies description.

I don't know if Vanquish has the same high skill ceiling as a lot of these games, but it's cuhrayzee fast and very fun, definitely one of my favorite Platinum games.

This is QTE movie akin to Fahrenheit.

Is that only because Razor's Edge had no better game to be a bastardization of? Otherwise, I haven't seen Razor's Edge brought up favorably or as often when compared to the Sigma version of 2 in the past.