FIGHT LIKE A CYBRAN EDITION!

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/revamp-mod
steamcommunity.com/id/Cancer_Regem/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's literally nothing wrong with SupCom 2

Thanks for ruining the thread

Ruined? Or made better

Except it's fucking not you retarded nigger.

It's Cryengine :^)

The only thing wrong with it is that its called Supreme Commander 2
If it had any other name it would be considered among the best RTS games rather than being put at the very bottom of the barrel below shit like Dawn of War II and Starcraft II.

That's the supcom2 cybran ACU design, you retard.

That's probably the case for both DoW 2 and SC 2 as well

Please stop posting absolute bullshit.

Show me where it appears in SC1.

moddb.com/mods/revamp-mod

Yeah, cause that explains exactly what the fuck this thing is.

I really cannot read a word of that page

Why do modders try and put all fancy graphics on a page that are impossible most of the time to read?

any homeworldesque games i could have missed?

There's O.R.B. which is basically a knockoff of Homeworld?

somehow this is the only rts in which it felt like the vehicles actually had velocity and followed physics, not just floating from point A to B

Why even bother over hauling that piece of shit?
I would just play normal supcom instead

Forgot pic

where does the medieval fantasy total annihilation sequel fit into this?

i actually _love_ that game

This makes me mad, cat.

Nice pic. SupCom: FA, Homeworld, and Sins were so fucking awesome. And I always had fun playing C&C games, WC3, and CoH (even though it's imba as fuck). Paradox games don't really count as RTS though.

But I don't get all this hate for Starcraft 2. I didn't even try the game until a couple of years ago because of Holla Forums telling me it's the worse thing ever created by humans, but I gave it a go and honestly it's my favorite RTS at the moment. 3 distinct races, lots of interesting units, really dynamic combat that depends on unit compositions, formations, flanking, and special abilities. Especially with the new expansion which made it even better than SC1 in my opinion. With all the new area-control units and heavy splash damage you can't just create deathballs you have to spread and play tactically, and with the new economic system, you can't turtle on 2 or even 3 bases you have to expand a lot which means more area to protect, forcing you spread out your armies into different areas.
And the campaigns are much better designed gameplay-wise compared to the original which had pretty boring levels.

I can understand not liking a game, but it doesn't make the game bad, it's just not for you.

Without comparing it to FA, why is it shit?

Total Annihilation kingdoms wasn't as good as normal total annihilation
but i loved that game too when i was a kid

Starcraft 2 is primaryly hated because it was made for gook clicking and they fucked up the custom maps
I would've bought the game if they did what they did with warcraft 3
But no, they had to fucking jews
fuck them, Blizzard is dead to me

Fuck if i can remember
we had a thread on it a few weeks ago detailing why its shit and why it was put into the shadow realm
tbh it wasn't just one thing that ruined it, there were multiple aspects that fucked the game and made it worse than supcom, to the point that the developers stop making them

We have to remember that it was supcom 2 that killed pic related

so command and conquer is basically a mecha rts right? which is the best one? I'm thinking about giving it a try.

Only Red Alert 3 has mecha, while Tiberian Sun and CnC 3 have a decent focus on mechs and robots in general.

so which would you recommend playing?

All of them.

You should at least recommend Red alert 2 as well seeing as its superior in all aspects
It even had a less retarded plot than 3

I said all of them, didn't I?

I want to die

What does this even mean?

I haven't played RA3 and RA2 is awesome so you're probably right, but part of the fun of those games is how retarded the plot is.
If you've seen Tim Heidecker's "Decker" that kinda reminded me of RA2's cutscenes.

I know this is probably niche, but has anyone tried Lambda Wars?

Sorry if i misunderstood,by "all of them" i thought you referencing the 3 mentioned in

no what is it?

how to git gud at current patch of supcom FAF

any good repositories other than piecing together tutorials off youtube?

It's started as a half-life 2 mod that's basically an RTS version of the game.

It's now a free game on Steam that uses the newest version of the source engine (I think it's the version from Alien Swarm).

There's one legit reason, SupCom 2's engine is better than 1's, especially the pathfinding. It's just the actual game made with it is sub-diarrhea tier.

How do I git gud at RTS games? I love the genre but I'm fucking appalling at them.

learn to be autistic like the Koreans otherwise just play the best you can.

Practice rushing and constantly try to beat your fastest time, do this for months and eventually you'll be an MLG Pro RTS Master. The only way to truly be good is to prevent yourself and others from actually playing the game.

Rushes literally only work against either bad players or greedy openings.

There are 3 basic types of strategies for the beginning of the game:
-Greed/Expansion
-Rush/Attack
-Safe/Defend

Greed beats Safe, Safe beats Rush, and Rush beats Greed.
Of course there are infinite subtleties and nuances to what you actually do, what kinds of units and techs you get, etc, but overall the opening will fall into those general categories.
This is the case for most RTS.

Yes it is annoying that when you first get into a game, lots of people at your level stick to just rushing because it's the easiest style to play, but if you just learn to play safe you will quickly advance past those players.

He basically means the game was built around how fast you click as opposed to actual planning and strategy often using macros to help with the micromanaging. Starcraft 2's slowest speed was also close to Starcraft's fastest speed. In other words it was made for speed clicking and not much else

Alright, I'll give it a shot. I guess I've been playing wrong when I've tried to use some tactics and shit.

Why is it even considered an RTS if the strategy part of it has the least amount of effect on winning the game?
Games that do that should be universally considered bad games
I'd rather put my trust in luck than my ability to gook click, at keast i might win something by luck
People with arthritis and brittle bone disease are instantly removed from the player base and thats wrong.

May I suggest War Front: Turning Point next to CnC Generals?

honestly user, you can just add it yourself
Do you think because i posted it i have some kind of authoritative power like a mod on it or something?

Because Gooks are actually pretty bad at Strategy

Anyone wnat to play forged alliance? I can play on steam or FAF, either or.

I think spectrum is more accurate than category. You find a balance between early pressure (rush), economic growth (greed), and gathering intel+saving resources/buying defensive power that can't be converted into profit if you get more than the enemy attacks with for any unexpected play the enemy might pull (safe).

You know how all starcraft II tournaments are full of Korean participants with carpal tunnel syndrome?

It also depends on the type of the game, for example playing Wargame, COH and Dawn of War and usually end up controlling the majority of the map meaning I end up with fuckton of resources. It pains me when I see people trying to turtle on COH and DoW at their base area, wtf are they actually doing?

Add battle realms to that pic you faggots. How many times do I have to reimnd you.

add it your fucking self user

Anyone here up for some regular Supcom FA games? Me and some germans/assorted Euros have games fairly regularly, mostly comp stomps but we're branching into player team versus now.

We play with the Blackops mods(adds a few things, very little bloat and fairly well balanced) and a few custom maps.

Add me if interested steamcommunity.com/id/Cancer_Regem/
You need to have it on steam, We dont like FAF balance butchering!

How the fuck did I miss this.

Because it's shit.

Muh nigga
Shame it was a shitty ripoff of Starcraft

I really need to add modern RTS, Submarine Titans, Perimeter, Pax Imperia, Battle Realms, Heroes of Annihilated Empires, Hegemonia, etc.

while its not a bad game user, its so fucking broken
Undead are superior 9/10

So, what's wrong with FAF's balancing?

Why are you throwing in games that aren't RTS like Sword of the Stars, Men of War, and any Total War game?

And while I'm at it:
Who the fuck made this?

Then set the balance to vanilla on FAF? Are you retarded? FAF is completely customizable. There's a reason only dumbasses use Steam for SupCom.

They kind of raped the Cybran last I recall.

it was shit with a weird/average story.

When will you add Emperor Battle for Dune?

Play RTS games that aren't about gookclick. There aren't too many, but games like SupCom and the million fucking still active Total Annihilation mods are good if you enjoy not a whole lot of tech-racing and simple economy.

Or just get good at gookclick.

Or even better, Play RTT like Wargame and Total War instead.

You can use 3603 on FAF? How?

Unit pathfinding.

If the Supreme Commander FA had the unit pathfinding of SC 2, I would literally never ever play another game other than SupCom FA.

Never user
Its too difficult to open up paint and paste it in
Also all the cover images for empire of DUne have shit resolution
Also theres no where to fit it around dune without crossing the streams

But I play it because I love building my own cities in it, and I spend most of the time building, researching tech and placing units around until it's aesthetically pleasing to me. I also research all the tech and move up the ages so I can say that the town has a history. Then I take all of that shit, and drop it in a /tg/ campaign.

I did the same shit with Zeus. When I feel really autistic, I combine the stories from both AoM and Zeus into one.

Send help.

Have you mastered the Path of Farseeing already, mon'keigh?

It's gonna be a disaster.

Its been a great raid, except for the second part, that one was shit
tbh all RTTs are shit by definition

fuck me ride

I don't see
as much of an argument, if APM was the be all end all then players Like Flash(God), Idra, MVP, MC, and Jaedong, wouldn't have reached the levels of success that they did (specifically in SCII)

Flash, MVP, and Jaedong were/are good because of their decision making and depth of game knowledge, hell Flash aka God's APM isn't even that high compared to someone like Life, but he is still able to compete favorably,

well that was until LoV because blizz loves to nuke Terran

He did so because of his understanding of the strategies and other concepts within the game, and thus was able to make good decisions in his play.

In the end yeah APM is important, but it isn't the focus, when it comes down to it, if the apm's of the players are comparable then it will be the players ability to think, multitask, and respond to the flow of the game.

Not necessarily hero units,nothing stops you from taking squads instead of heroes or the imperial knight mechas, and equipping them with support abilities. Also basebuilding is back.

It's going to be shit isn't it?

Rate my OC

i miss red alert 2
It was the last time a red alert game had cool units and a great plot

Unlikely. They have a solid formula so as long as they don't stray from it the game will do fine. I'd like it if they made another pure RTS DoW

I think at this point though, we need to rebuild that thing from scratch. There's like no room left in there. Or at least more clever editing.

Is executive assault good?

Who /interplanetarytribalpurging/ here?

God i miss populace or what ever its called

The shitty ubikike replacement Dust was an abomination
Why the fuck would i ever want to make an account for ubisoft?

I immediately returned the game
Now i pirate games before i buy them

My nigga. Populous 3 is criminally underrated. Terraforming was an amazing mechanic, this shit was miles ahead of its times. Still is actually.
Why isn't it on the list?

Not sure if its an RTS
does it belong to a different genre, like black and white?

Why wouldn't it be an RTS? You create units and buildings in order to control areas of a map, while managing resources to do it. Its a textbook RTS. B&W (as fucking amazing as it is) might be a bit out there to fit the bill though

I suppose it counts as an RTS
On that note, what was the genre for black and white called again?

God game or god sim I guess. While we are on Bullfrog's shit, it would be worth considering Dungeon Keeper (specially the first) too.

People are still playing it.

Of course it is, it has all the core elements of an RTS. Just because it tried to break the mold and add something more doesn't make it any less of an RTS.

Anyone wanna get a game of TA going tonight? The GoG release works mint straight out of the box

Dust was am omnipresent hole digger and filler simulator, not a godsim. It's like they wanted to make a puzzle game with management of NPCs and terramorphing, and decided to call it a godsim even though there's nothing godlike in this game.

I never played DK1, but i loved DK2
Dungeons raped it, then Dungeon Keeper the mobile phone game Violated it and shat all over it before stabbing it
At least war for the overworld seems to be going the right course
Unfortunately its not finished

thjank god i didnt play that piece of shit

How is Stronghold more economic.

Bumping with my magic sword

God damn do i hate the new starwars Film
Who here like Galactic battlegrounds?
Fucking loved it until i couldn't find a way to counter hordes of invisible republic scum

Don't give Disney ideas user.

I feel that Galactic Battlegrounds is somewhat overrated. It is essentially an Age of Empries 2 mod, good but feels really off.

loss sword?

i doubt the need our ideas, they have plenty of their own