All the /tg/'s on all the chans are either dead or a cesspool, so I'm here instead, with two questions:

All the /tg/'s on all the chans are either dead or a cesspool, so I'm here instead, with two questions:

Would any of you be willing to take refuge in traditional games if the vidya industry crashes? Also, would any vidyafolks be interested in playing some tabletop RPGs?

Those who are interested are already playing both.

I do play them, but I can get why many people just stick to video games.
Getting a party together is difficult. Finding a right time for everyone to be free and willing is hell on earth.

user

That's pretty understandable.
I've been wanting to play in a Pathfinder group or something, even start one if worst comes to worst, but it seems all of /tg/ is anti-Pathfinder.
So I suppose I'm also wondering if I'd have better luck here. Again, sorry for the non-vidya thread…

Also, is it the official lore of Pathfinder that's so sjw? I use my own settings for tabletops and shit, so that may be why I never noticed sjw fuckery in it.

yes lets all play nWoD to escape what causes the crash of bideogaymes

I don't even know jack shit about WoD, has it really gotten that bad?

No, because fa/tg/uys are cucks on par with the Holla Forumsmrades and tabletop is pozzed worse than vidya.

Go rot in your moribund shithole. I warned you this was gonna happen but you faggots didn't listen.

When will they learn?

byes

I freely admit, it takes a special kind of someone to ruin a thing as thoroughly as leftist do anything they touch. It's a gift.

No I would just work on my backlog. It's so huge that by the time I finished it I could replay games on it and it would be like a new experience. New games being shitty isn't a good reason to abandon the hobby entirely, just avoid new garbage and play the old good stuff instead.

Just recently finished running a Wrath of the Righteous and I had to actively not say elements of the story just so I wouldn't be repeating their horseshit. I lost it around the dude that drank a gender changing potion so he could be with his lesbian half-orc paladin girlfriend.

I have a lot more fun playing board games than I do playing video games. I only get to play board games once a week due to work/ friend's schedules.

I've tried to go along to board games meetups before but the people you meet there are the autistic leftovers with no friends of their own.

Jesus. I've just been randomly generating all the shit using online things.

I got roped in to play Shadowrun with a couple of people. It's fun, but doesn't feel much like playing a video game. I still prefer vidya.

Seeing this thread I have to ask.
What sort of boardgames do you guys go for anyway ?
Boardgames(boxes with fixed content) or roleplay games with books and storytelling.

I automatically went for boardgames that have no roleplay in em. For some reason it really annoys me, despite some of my players wanting that.
I can just get that turn based strategy vibe out of them, without the half-assed roleplaying. Might be just me but roleplaying, whenever I have seen it has been mediocre. And I do have a few DnD games from when I was younger.
26 now.

Don't get me wrong, I had a blast with it, but that was mostly because I took the "rich, obnoxious merchant" guy that I guess Paizo thought the players would hate and ended up having the play group love the guy. Completely ignored the gender changed couple and the gay cleric/ranger duo and just had a blast with the party being super overpowered.

A classic.

Roleplaying is strictly solitary for me. I don't need a bunch of fat autists sitting next to me while I pretend to be a dwarf all evening.

The industry crashing is not the same as the hobby dying. Tabletop is already at the state in which vg would be if the industry crashed: indie-driven, primarily instead of secondarily. Let's hope the coming crash will just push all the normalfags and SJWs away from gaming overall, rather than deeper into casualizing the tabletop as well like the swarm of crickets they are.

Not with you, after advertising your group here on /vreddit/. But I do keep hoping that video gaming went a bit deeper into tabletop as a niche. When I was young we called console games "video games", and "computer games" was more of a tool-assisted RPG thing. Post-MMORPG gaming pretty much killed off the tradition of playing games as this amorphous thing that you could really tie yourself into as a hobby. Now it's just something you sit down to play, usually alone, and play for the while you can afford the time. It doesn't extend past the closed experience of the software, because the software requires input for every single thing you're doing. My childhood is already dead.

No, you just need them to sit around in a circle for three years beforehand to come up with a computer software through which they feed all their twinkie-stained fantasies directly into your brain.

Create a Total War thread. They basically became /tg/v2 because of Warhammer

Yeah, I would. I invested through buying every original AD&D hardcover publication before that industry went to shit. Good idea or no?

I'd like /tg/ more if there was more interest in self-contained boxed strategy and card games and the like. I haven't really had the time for or interest in tabletop roleplaying, MtG, or Warhammer in over a decade.

ah well

With the way shi/tg/uys have been posting here I have come to the conclusion that traditional games must cause some kind of extremely malevolent brain cancer.

8/tg/ is the least cancerous board we have left, even if it mostly dead.

1E or 2E? 2E was already shitty, with all of its left-wing bullshit and censorship shoved in.

1E

No because 99.9% of them require other people to play.

I live in a rural town with maybe 50 people.
Not many of them are big fans of tabletop games. The closest game shop is like 22 miles away in a different state.

Patchasoundsofthehill.png

Dominion and yugioh have largely usurped vidya for multiplayer with my friends, so in some ways I already am taking refuge in /tg/. The one time I tried to set up an rpg though, there was only one person interested.

Requesting the story about the player turning men into women

There are some single player books that work on dice rolls. I forget the name but one concerns being a ninja.

Good shit user. The only ones I haven't nabbed yet are GA and OA, but I'm not too bothered because I have no plans on using them. It's a shame they're not particularly valuable, though. Other than Deities & Demigods with Cthulu included, which thankfully I have.

Kinda wish I had some adventure modules, but at least there are PDFs available for that.

Is your town directed by Todd Howard?

I go full retard when it comes to character creation in /tg/, but yeah, sure.
Always, but the few friends I have don't want to play with me, and playing over the internet is a pain in the ass.

It's funny how much the art quality improved in the next book. He must've got a lot more money to hire a better artist.

With who, I would love it if our /tg/ started doing beginner nights. Give you the rule book and maybe some help with classes and take you through a dungeon so you can learn the ropes.

Yep, I had to buy the one without Cthulu and the other IP.

That's not even a fucking neighborhood.

I think it's a village

Damn that is funny.

I think most /tg/ people probably play plenty of those kinds of things but there's just so fucking many of them that any individual one doesn't draw a whole lot of discussion.

This one?

I still have my original 2nd D&D Edition Books, all my maps, minitures, panels, props and dice. My favourite campaign I wrote up was a Napoleonic Wars vs Cuthulu Mythos. Cannons and muskets vs monsters and demons is a shitload of fun. Fuck Attack On Titan.

And yes, it is super hard to find people to play in RL. That is why I stick to video games. Also fuck Roll20 and Wizards of the JewCoast, and fuck SjwFinder.

The crash is already here. It's just that nobody is bringing attention to it. Seriously. It's been years of stagnation and a lack of good games. PS4 has, what, one good game, after being out for years.

I've been playing traditional games with my friends for 15 years. 5e Shadowrun got me kicked out of my group permanently only a few months ago. I lost most of my friends.

I've been surrounded by rollplayers for years, and have been itching to play a particular character for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, it's a character more suited for roleplaying, and I've never played in a system or setting where this particular character is viable, or not considered laughably bad. It's a simple concept, too. PnP killed my friendship with a lot of people. It'd be hard to have me go back.

I already play both, but finding a group is a pain in the ass.

Where you that guy?

what a nice read

Anyone have "that guy" story, the dudes who had to clean up after some psycho manchild? Cant remember any of the names, but he had a nasty cup he always drank from.

Pathfinder's core rules and even most of the other rulebooks aren't SJW at all.

It's mainly just Wrath of the Righteous, honestly. I think there's some tinges in other APs.

Citation: Ultimate intrigue, which has several rogue talents based around being a cute maid and/or prostitute and a prestige class with an ability called "orgasm touch".

i've always wanted to play things like dnd and shadowrun,pathfinder,etc

but I have very little interest in roleplaying character through voices n shit, I'm all for combat,questing,character building,epic stories,etc

but having to come up with a different personality,voice,behaviors,etc is beyond me

I play boardgames with friends a lot, and I've been meaning to DM Pathfinder for more than a year now, but I've been too busy getting a job.
I guess that the user's that like both are actually doing both and it's only a matter of Mark either being a faggot about it or not. /tg/ has a lot of really fun stories, though.

I am quite confident that a non-faggy WoD style game that learns from VtM:B mistakes would be a hit. And that's why I'll make it and earn mad dosh :^)

Yes. The subject matter inherently attracts freaks and faggots, and they bring along the bullshit. Supposedly they also outsource their own writing to several freelances, so the quality is both all over the place and absolute dogshit.

Never played,i would want to learn but i don't have friends and too autistic to use anything else other than a keyboard to talk.

IIRC the White Wolf IP has been bought by leftists.

As a forever GM, I can't tell you how awful this mindset is for playing tabletop.

Tabletop RPGS do not equate to vidya RPGs, and they never will; their purposes for existing is entirely different. I've had several people drop out of games because they just wanted to run around and kill things and gain EXP, and kept getting impatient any time the plot got in the way and blaming me for it, despite my telling them several times at the start of the campaign not to expect pretend World of Warcraft.

Tabletop is sort of like a low-tech virtual reality. It's not as powerful as a computer handling all of the crunchy bits for you, but it's way, way more open-ended, since you're only really limited by your imagination (and the GM), and one should take advantage of it as much as they can.

I live in germany. Here are a shitload of tabletop communities. So I'd say yes.

You can always just make more mundane characters that don't require a lot of acting and once you get a taste for it work your way up to Thursday Afternoon 15-Past-3 o'Clock

I know that. I take part in the roleplaying and don't play to get my numbers bigger. I'm just a much more visual person and enjoy the feedback you get when you do things in vidya.
Like you said, their purposes for existing is entirely different.

Another player had complained about the power level of the game previously, as absolutely everything we were up against were munchkinned to shit. All corpsec always had hardened military armor, grenades(in fucking 5e, Jesus), and battle rifles. We were dealing with dragons(you never make a deal with a dragon), and all of the GM's NPCs were special snowflakes that were perfect at everything, and we frequently questioned why they kept hiring us for work, when they could very easily do the job themselves.

I made a utility mage with a couple of neat tricks, with some emphasis on being a face. I was a better face than a mage, mostly because the spells augmented my social skills.

The GM kept having enemies punch(with their fists) through my overcast physical barriers and constantly having me lose all social tests because it got in the way of his plot.

Meanwhile, another player(a really, really close friend of the GM's) was constantly ignoring weapon ready rules, automatically drawing weapons without a quick draw test or using an action, wielding a katana and a sniper rifle at the same time, switching them freely, and acting like a fucking murder hobo to absolutely everybody, with complete disregard for human life.

Finally, I asked the GM if I could work toward making my own spell formulae to cook up some fun spells. I had asked him if I could work out a ritual to allow me to fly at speeds nothing too serious (like 25 mph) just to go from point A to point B during down time and in between runs, and promised I wouldn't use it during combat, and would stick with the standard levitation spells during runs(it's absolute dogshit in 5e).

He outright told me no. That I would never, ever be able to craft my own spells, and that all magic that has ever existed in this universe has already been found.

I explained to him that my character sucks, and he told me that I built it wrong and picked the badwrongfun spells, and suggested I outright munchkin a different mage, instead of playing the one I made. I brought up the fact that he ignored the other player's concern about his campaign power level, and brought up the fact that sniper rifle guy was constantly blatantly cheating. I then said I didn't want to be in a campaign where I have to cheat and munchkin to be viable, to which he kicked me out of his home. We had been friends for 15 years.

Consider sanctioned games, then. Games like D&D and Shadowrun have pregenerated modules that are used to attract new players. Your local gaming store likely facilitates these, and there's almost always group that plays these. These generally house people who like to game the system, rather than play a character.

I already do

I think that was less directed at you and more directed at everyone reading the thread in general. I can see a lot of anons on here getting the wrong idea getting into tabletop.

This is why good-old-fashioned murderhobo simulators like AD&D have always been popular. But if one has only experience with those sorts of games, one can get the wrong idea.

This is why I'll never, ever be able to play a proper Ryuutama game.

Well, no big loss then, since they sound like assholes, especially if nobody else stood up for you against his autism. No fun allowed faggots don't make good friends.

Are you sure?

I'd probably take on any game that is similar to YGO but not as fucked, preferably with many cards of half dressed anime girls and lolis but also cool monsters, yeah that is guaranteed to draw me in

The only game I ever wanted to try out besides GW kikery is no longer being made.

Play a homebrew Savage Worlds campaign

There is no /tg/ experience better than what is little more than Pretend with RNGsus as the moderator.

There's Force of Waifu, which is pretty much just nip MtG. I can't speak much for the meta state, though, because I've never played it and Japanese card games have this weird tendency to become fucked beyond all reason after a while like YGO.

I've always had this idea for a card game with 2hu-inspired characters, but I don't know how I would ever get it off the ground.

thanks for the tip

I tried once but it's too hard to find a group, and even harder to find a GM.

the poo midas

Those arent friends, those are fucking losers and you are far better off with out them.

There's also some game being done by Bushiroad (the guys that do Cardfight Vanguard and Weiss Schwarz) called Ascendants of Aetheros that looks like it's trying to cash in on Force of Will's Magic-with-waifus angle. I don't know how good it will be, though.

Another player left with me that night. He never went back. We hang out together instead. So, I'm not totally alone. With the previous guy leaving over power level, me, and this other guy leaving, we pretty much killed the campaign. It wasn't totally in vain.

I allow myself to hang around people who abuse me. I don't want to sound like that guy, but my group is largely filled with that guy types. We have a bipolar furry who gossips like a woman, and is constantly stabbing people in the back, a slut woman who told me I had white privilege and cheated on her husband multiple times with his consent, an ex-army(the SR GM this time around), who got an honorable discharge for "PTSD", who refuses to admit he's wrong about anything, even when the facts prove he's wrong, a mentally ill tranny, a raging feminist who loves Steven Universe and tried to argue that she felt she was likely to be victimized by men(to me of all people who had been mugged once, and almost mugged twice, but I had a concealed carry by then), a Marxist who was in college for 6 years, who failed in the real world, and is working to be a college professor because work is too hard, and a bunch of other, pretty alright people. All of them are pretty extreme leftists(except army guy), and I'm alt-right, but not NEET-soc, so I imagine most of them talk shit about me behind my back.

Paizo is easily one of the worst /tg/ companies out there when it comes to forcing their agendas, and of course they get away with it because the fanbase itself has such a cult following around such a shitty 3.5 homebrew.

It's really sad the industry has come to this. Even though we still get great games like Kingdom Death, you'll never see any of the big tabletop news sources/YouTubers talk about it because it's too "offensive" to them.

At least with RPGs you can throw all the SJW shit out the window.

Wew, lad. You may have lost your gaming group, but you got rid of some high-octane gangrene at least. People like that would bring you down to their level, and I'm pretty sure you're worth more than to let them poison you with their bullshit antics.

And it might be overlooked by players if Pathfinder was actually a good game. Instead, it looks like they're just using it to stay relevant and gain brownie points with normalfags instead of actually using that effort to improve the game. This being SJWs, we're probably the entitled shitlords for assuming they would create an imperfect product and wanting something better.

There's a reason PF has always been a laughingstock on /tg/. Actually, there are a few reasons, but this is a big one.

Why didn't you gas them "by mistake"? Sounds like nobody would miss them.

It really took you 15 years to figure out, and excuse me for using the word, what a toxic social environment you were in?

These people are not healthy. They are filth, they are parasites, they can derive no other joy from life beyond making everyone around them miserable. Avoid leftists at every opportunity because they are the Abyss.

Thank God.

Now I just need to find a group and considering I live in a normalfag country where watching Naruto and playing on mobile is considered "nerdy" that wont happen any time soon.
Thanks for the heads up thought, looks like a more free setting D&D.

Any tabletop that focuses on Conans Hyborian age?

PF gets the most sales from the core rulebooks. The adventure paths are the shitty things, but since they're negligible for profit, Paizo usually lets them just do whatever

Nigga I'm waiting for the industry to crash. I'm still gonna play vidya after it does.

Goddamn am I glad my group chooses to focus on the rules over whatever bullshit agenda is being pushed. I never even fucking knew Paizo was full SJW mode.

My group can't roleplay. They appreciate the "build freedom" (my words, not theirs) that PF offers. We were introduced to 3rd Edition D&D in grade 8 and I guess they just like the familiar ruleset.

When I make games with Paizo, I throw the lore out the window and make my own modules, or just fuckin' improvise.

Character sheets are guidelines.

Holy fuck do my group and I roleplay.

My friend, L, is our normal GM. He's got six fuckin' kids and a wife who switches regularly from "tries to fit L's nerdy tastes" to "goddamn harpy" He roleplays so he can be litterally anything but himself.

I'm a fat failure of a Digital Designer whose entire world is practically just his house. I roleplay like a motherfucker.

The rest of our group we hand picked via interview to make sure they weren't retards, SJWs, or going to be offended when our pirate campaign gets down to the "Rape and Pillage" section.

I'm so sorry, user.

I'm not even sure where to go from here. I've been sitting at home most weekends alone playing vidcons. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to find a new group or something.

Indeed. These were people I have been around since I was 15 years old. Most of my teenage years and my entire adult life involves these people. I don't know a world other than what I had. The writing was on the wall for a few years, though. It's just hard to say that they're the problem, when everyone else is eager to tell you that you're the problem. I often times wondered if I really was that guy.

I got into a 5th Edition campaign thanks to a friend I met in a meet up group I used to go to. I really want to play Vampire the Masquerade with someone.

If Age of Sigmar wasn't shit-tier, and one Ork Mahreen didn't cost me $200, I wouldn't mind trying it.

No. You were just surrounded by an evil cult (pic related), but were not dumb enough to get brainwashed. They are leftists, they are, by definition, evil and mentally ill.

To be that guy you need to be autistically obnoxious and regularly spreg out, not point out that the DM is a colossal faggot masturbating to his own fanfiction.

I know how difficult it can be to drop the trash and start anew, especially when you're hitting 30 and making friends isn't easy anymore, especially friends that share your hobbies.

dude that's literally what i just said

the core rulebooks aren't

What makes me think is why they feel the need to include those rules. I would imagine that if somehow a group of easily offended tranny faggots gathered around would just naturally come to setting up table conduct rules like very fucking other RPG group and don't need to be specifically reminded that they can indeed be faggots in the game too.
I guess it's the SJW thing to assume that if the book specifically doesn't talk about choosing you sexuality and gender identity or whatever that means the creators are heteronoramitive cis scum as thy would say.

The leftist thing is to take something and ruin it for everyone that isn't as insane as them. It's what they always do when they join any community.

The ability of these animals to bring misery and ruin to everything they touch is the only talent they have in life, and God saw fit to be generous in that regard.

Tabletops are a bit too open-ended for creatively-dead retards like myself, but my friends and I already play a shit ton of board and card games.

Holy fucking shit do I love deck-builders.

They remind me a bit of MOBAs, except in card form. Each game starts with all sides being equal, and branches out as each player builds differently. Shit's fun, yo.

How in the everloving fuck do deck builders have anything in common with Online Multiplayer games?

The best part about Pathfinder is that it actualy takes part in the Cthulhu Mythos, meaning all it's disgusting characters will meet terrible awful ends.

Infact, there should be an entire super offensive hombrew campaign based around this entire concept where things get as h.p lovecraft offensive as fuck that somehow incorporartes old man henderson and the eradication of the SJW inspired characters that litter the franchise.

There was a reason why the Aboleths wanted to nuke it all, after all.

How do they NOT have several similar mechanics? You start from scratch, a bare deck, and work your way up to a stronger deck by adding more and more shit. Just like starting at level 1 and getting stronger, having a choice in what items or whatever the fuck to buy.

I can't offhand think of any other genre where each match starts off from scratch and let you get more powerful as it goes. I don't even like MOBAs.

I don't see why people even give a crap about the shitty characters, since people just lift shit from old D&D or make their own anyway.

Unless you actually want new character templetes that aren't just shallow wackjob self-inserts by the rainbow hair community, THEN I get it.

Shit, you said online multiplayer, not MOBA specifically. Don't have any real response to that besides "are you retarded?" Deckbuilders are multiplayer, so no shit they're like online multiplayer, but in person, for obvious reasons.

Name one online multiplayer game that is not a "MOBA".

It's more the ones that you can TELL are leftists. or rightists. Once politics come into play it dominates that person's personality. A good player plays for the game and his friends, putting aside all prejudices for the sake of the game.

Someone who uses political events to cover their real personality isn't a real person, they're marketers.

Are you being pedantic about the definition of MOBA? Warframe, WoW, basically every shooter. Last I checked, none of those are MOBAs.

Why are these faggots even playing games?

But have you ever met a rightist that is on par in obnoxiousness as a leftist?

All of Holla Forums

ftfy.

Yes they fucking are.

Multiplayer? Check
Online? Check
Battle? Check
Arena? Check

Multiplayer Online? Check
Battle Arena? Check

There is no way not to describe the games you mentioned as MOBA. They all directly fit every single part of the term.

I was know as the "hardcore DM" in my town, because I killed players, had dungeon gauntlets, actually used traps and role playing sections. The whole /tg/ is beyond dumbed down, video games is one thing, but when you run into adults who cant read very well or who can barely write you kinda kose a lot of motivation.

I have experienced a few sjw type players. They either get themselves killed and lose interest or dont come after the first session.

AD&D all the way baby.

I'm no friends so I couldn't play them.

So you are just being pedantic. 3/10. Might as well be arguing about whether a VN is a game or not.

Its not being pedantic at all you fucking idiot.

What I find really interesting is games that kind of overlap and take something valuable from both the software element and the /tg/ element, like space station 13 and MUDs and dwarf fortress

Wow that sucks, the older WoD books I've had access to have been some of the edgiest shit I have ever read

That's a long fucking bullshit pitch to sell "character".

Sorry nigger, I didn't make the term MOBA, but it's pretty fucking defined and definitely excludes MMOs.

I don't know whether to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're "just pretending" to be retarded.

Does MOBA stand for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena? If it does then MMOs are definitely not excluded.

Yes.

the correct term is ASSFAGGOTS

could work as a subtle advertisement

MOBA is Multiplayer Online Battle Arena like RPG is Role Playing Games and Adventure games are a genre of their own instead of being every game where you go on an adventure.

Whoops. Shows how much I pay attention to that genre, totally forgot. Thanks for spoonfeeding, would have never realized what the other user was implying.

Role Playing is actually definable in a game's mechanics and not just "playing a role in a story", thus making the genre name appropriate for games that have them.

It's only mostly dead.

Use whatever term you want as long as its not MOBA or any other extremely vague term that doesn't literally mean "any online multiplayer game ever made".

I don't agree with ASSFAGGOTS, but its at least acceptable.

/tg/'s only downfall is that it's slow. I don't want to indirectly call Holla Forums cancer, but I rather have /tg/ as it is now than what could happen with a Holla Forums exodus.

Checked.

Since I barely ever play any new games it's pretty much like it'd be if it crashed for me.
I play stuff from my backlog and could do with that and emulation until the day I die.

If I'd step away from vidya completely I'd play more pinball.

Yeah, but those mechanics aren't technically what role playing is. There's usually no ambiguity what RPG means though.

Am I the only one who prefers AoS?

Yes out of the 7 billion people on the planet you are the only one. I know this because I'm an omnipotent godlike being. Bow down to my greatness.

It is though, from a gameplay persepctive - you "play that role" by developing the character within the game's mechanics. There's role playing in a story of course, but that mostly has no bearing on the game outside of character decisions in the game that are linked to the story and have meaningful impact on the game's state. There's no point in calling something an RPG if the role-playing has little do to with the actual gameplay.

Is 4e's combat simpler? I normally play 3.5 but the friends I play with will somehow cause any combat situation to take 5 times longer than it's supposed to and it's not because they're making the fight interesting.

It's a good bit better about not having 5,000 rules for everything, but I think that's just because 3.5 was so bad about it.

D&D is garbage. As soon as you step out of the D&D/Pathfinder safe space you'll realize just how terrible it is.

It's actually quite a bit more complicated in combat but much simpler with the out of combat rules. As far as the game is concerned, combat is the central focus, with less role-playing in other sectors (or at least less structured, a lot of things become more free-form).

It's a nice feel, eh?

I can't get my friends to play and IRL groups basically don't exist in this part of world so I don't have anywhere to play IRL. And it feels weird to look for an online group when I'm a noob who has never played a game like that.

I would love to play it tho, it seems really fun. I've been listening to TRPG podcasts a lot, too bad my friends are cunts.

When I took a read through 4e, it felt like I was reading a video game manual. Felt much more casualised, in a way that said "we're trying to draw in people who play fantasy video games & press X to win, not dedicated roleplayers who like complexity and variety."

Paradox owns it
Creators of World War Autism and Infanticide Kings
It used to be CCP and they did shit all with it

Yes and Yes

I was never one for tabletop RPGs, since all I ever wanted to do was really dumb shit, like figure out how to do a Buster Wolf in the confines of Pathfinder's rules, or make the shittiest special snowflake characters with the silliest backstories and coolest builds that eventually get shoehorned into a cookie cutter, efficient build to keep me relevant. If the vidya industry crashes, and it won't, I'll just be kicked out of it with the rest of you fags, I'll have plenty of classic vidya to fall back on.

I do wish I knew what the hell to do in a tabletop game though. I'm not imaginative enough to get away with anything nor charismatic enough to RP well, so I kinda just fall in line.

Kind of like how /m/ has to come here to have discussions that move faster than 0 posts a day.

rpg groups and shops were always a sump for weird fuckers and the dysfunctional. the SJW movement just threw it on its head and the nuts run the nuthouse now, everyone worth talking to left or was driven off.

picture is the original wargame.

How exactly would video game industry crash?

Most D&Dfags are ruined for life. They will never see.

so ?
what is wrong with that
make your own game you lazy fag
i am making my own

That's the best possible outcome, OP. Why would I need refuge? The world must burn to ashes before a better world can be built in its place.

The thing isn't that they make games for themselves, it's that they corrupt the already existing great things.
Just look at what they did to V:TM.

What better options are there for generic fantasy settings? I've tried GURPs and Shadowrun, but they were both pretty horrendous.
DnD 3.5 or ADnD are my go-to, with ADnD preferred - the more complexity and robustness the better. I wanted to throw up when I saw 4e.

My favorite tabletop system overall is Cyberpunk 2020, though, and I'll always play that with my tabletop group instead of DnD if at all possible.

I've never found a group willing to play NWoD, Call of Cthulhu or Mutants&Masterminds, so I don't know if those are as good as they look. The niche settings are always a tough sell.

Broken beyond repair.

if you kept the pre-sjw edition you are safe

take everything you like and burn the rest
it is that easy

I'm talking about mechanics, not settings. I always design my own campaign settings, pantheons, lore and so on before I DM a campaign.

Are there no good systems left that can accommodate fantasy? If not, then I'll stick with d20, which seems more than adequate.

I'm talking about you being broken beyond repair.

Well that's just silly.

This is the same feeling I got from it. Honestly, people who want systems without complexity should probably stick to board games like Chutes and Ladders rather than trying to get into tabletop.
Figuring out what you can do within the confines of the system, or conspiring with players to force the GM to amend the rules due to extreme circumstances, are what those systems exist for. You have to be clever to get your reward, basically.
4e and beyond are more like communal story-telling safe spaces, and are pretty fucking disgusting.

Don't have any friends, and don't want to be the sjws token

I already have more fun scheming and running my D&D5e game than with most modern vidya today. Still want to try running a traditional hexcrawl campaign in a retroclone like Adventurer Conquerer King System or Basic Fantasy RPG but so far my players are having a blast scheming against nobles and killing witches.

I am so glad I have never been subjected to overbearing SJW bullshit in all of my WoD and nWoD games, and I have played a lot of games.

Sure, we've had the occasional player that started some shit, but the storytellers I run with usually like to push the grimdarkness of the setting so they roll with whatever happens to some screeching idiot who thinks all the women of the court will rally to their cause to fight the patriarchy.

I wish I had a decent enough memory to storytime this, but I was in a nWoD Changeling game where a female player who was an outspoken man hater tried to make a power play at leadership of the court. She went around secretly to get the support of female changelings and thought she had enough to make her move. When the time came and she sprung her attack no one came to her aide. She stood alone against the most powerful changelings in the court (the whole thing was run by players) and was promptly destroyed. OOC the other female players all revealed that they hadn't been swayed by the leaders of the court into betraying her, they just wanted to watch someone so inept at playing the game blow up in a spectacular fashion.

WoD players can be pretty brutal.

I've never played a trpg but would love to try something. Would anyone here be willing to band together and play something simple next weekend? We could try some pre-baked D&D one shot and see how it goes. If things take off, we could have some legendary weekly Holla Forums sessions.

I love card games but don't know people that play them and I can't justify spending pieces of paper with pictures on them for pieces of paper with pictures on them.

I'd play in a heartbeat if I could find a decent group to play with.

Shit no, I'd be clearing out my backlog and playing freeware shit.

I've considered looking for a group but strangers are scary and I don't know just how into it they'll expect me to be.

Can I role-play an elven female?

Well at least one other noob( ) wants to try and make an online group here, so maybe try that.