Hyped/Semi-hyped Games Literally No One Remembers

Released or unreleased. Ancient or so new it's still in development. Anything goes!

Starting with a PC game.

Shit thread.

The Friday the 13th game seems like Evolved if Evolved was fun

Fancy meeting you here, princess.

Man, that game was so disappointing since you almost never get to use the hyped ability. The entire aesthetic is really nice, and the combat isn't bad. Even the stealth segments don't suck.

The combat IS bad. That's part of what makes the game such a slog. The platforming is stale as all hell, some of the levels are broken and you just phase through them, and it's overall just not very fun at all.

Of course I didn't get far enough to start mixing memories and shit. Dropped it before I got the chance. But yes, the actual world in the game was interesting. Probably the one thing that stands out.

He clearly meant hyped games that failed at launch or whose player-base burned out rapidly and never achieved wide-spread and lasting appeal like intended.

It's a common turn of phrase, stop being an obtuse literalist hipster-faggot.

Silent Hills

MGSV (it was ruined by konami)

I never had problems with phasing, but yeah, the platforming isn't great. It's there, but eh. And the combat isn't bad. It's not good either, but you can get used to it. It's a variant of bamham and you can build your combos with extra shit.

Also, you dropped the game before you reached like 30 minutes into the game? Because that's the first time you memory mix, I think. I haven't played it in years.

Also, hah, the game is called Remember Me, and now it's a valid question as well.

lol, fucking Huxley

I was looking forward to that game for ages

game was good nigga

I got a key for this for $8 the other day and I've been playing it a bit. It's nothing incredible and since it's a WB Games production foot combat is just an Arkham City knockoff but god damn is driving around the wasteland harpooning people comfy as hell. Solid 7/10 that nobody I know has played or even remembers at all.

I remember it because I suck Avalanche cock.
Its more 6/10 due to the shitty car physics.

You wish, its a popular game even if it sucks.

Pretty much every Ubisoft game.
They come out, people laugh at something really dumb in the game and then it's forgotten.

I just have a soft spot for dragging people to their deaths so I bump it up a bit. They really could have made the physics better, and you should also be able to collect scrap and stuff by driving over it instead of having to get out of the car and manually pick it up. Would have been better if it was more of a shooter than a brawler.

Why did that game fail?
Was the gameplay that bad ?

FROM DIABLO DEVELOPERS. A GAME MORE BROKEN THAN A RECOVERING HEROIN ADDICT

suppose it would've been good if there wasn't so many bugs that made the game unplayable

Only thing I remember from that game was a hype trailer and some Playboy art of the girl or something like that.

Which I think has extremely dull combat. Bad to me. And if the memory mixing was 30 minutes into the game, I must have been progressing pretty slowly. But yeah, I dropped it early. It failed to keep me interested. Honestly, if the combat were worth shit, I'd have kept playing at least a bit longer.

Neat.

damn

That game was so dull, I'm amazed people could stand to finish it.

Firefall

IIRC there's enemies you cant take out without using cooldown abilities. It's worse than bamham

It has good art though, and I ran into someone the other day who claimed to be a concept artist for it. I told them they contributed to the one thing I have to compliment the game on

i remember huxley sounded like the raddest fucking shit on paper when i first heard about it

but i was more naive back then

KOJIS WAIFU FUCK OFF
YOU ARE BAD CHARACTER

Such a disappointment too.

Free-to-play is the cancer killing PC games.

This was such a disappointment that it was the first video game to teach me about not falling for hype. I didn't listen though and kept falling for hype for another six years.

I remember the developers had some kind of fan-made promotion video contest. The first place winner was actually making fun of how stupid the game is. The developers didn't realize this. That should tell you everything you need to know about Hellgate: London.

fucking Bernstein dimension.

Well Its actually In Game purchases is killing PC
And when we adjust for that You see all but at least 4 on that list