Fuck Blitzball

Been playing the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster, and Blitzball has been kicking my ass. This is harder than any of the bosses up to this point. Can it even be won? Or are the Aurochs SUPPOSED to lose? And what about when the crowd chants for Wakka to come back out? You can't even use Tidus' skills then.

but I fucked up the Jecht Shot thing on the boat, so I don't have it…all I have is Sphere Shot.

KEK
Its still doable, you're going to have to cheese it. Try to go for the corners of the field and attract players, then immediately pass, rinse & repeat and you should be able to win just by ball possesion alone.

Yeah, I wasn't really paying attention when the memory thing happened on the boat, I didn't realize I'd only get one shot at it too.

Thanks for the tip friendo. When I go to the corners and eventually get confronted, should I break through any of the opposing team player or just go No Break and pass?

Wait till you get to Blitzball in X-2.

The Aurochs can win, but it is a lot easier if you have the Jecht Shot. You fucked up.

IIRC you can cheese it by basically just scoring one goal, and then have your player with the ball go into your own goal, which shuts off the opposing team AI for some reason.

I won that game 4-1. Get good.

Watch the AI, once you figure out how it works you can start cheesing it by manipulating their movements. Go back to an earlier save and get the Jetch Shot since its pretty much the best tech in the game outside Jetch Shot 2. You did make a new save with every location just in case right? If you want super cheese just get a goal and then camp behind your net like in the screenshot, then spend the last minute passing around your defenders for EXP. Wakka is really good so you can score with him if you play it right. AI tends to be super retarded and just spins around not knowing how to react but if they're close enough to you when you go behind the Goalie they will fuck your shit up and get a goal, because Keepa is shit at goal keeping.

Getting the Attack Reels without doing any league games is probably harder, especially if you get stuck playing the Al Bhed fuckers. Grab Wedge from Luca for a high scorer if you go for it. Then just save BB for late game since you can actually get decent players that will make life easier.

that's not 13-2 though

While Wakka is really good, i honestly just bench him since i really don't like doing Blitz shit.

I also decided to never do Celestial Weapons again after my initial time, simply enough not worth it, even with MUH ACHIVEMENTS.

Same thing with 100% X-2.

FFX easily has some of the most tedious of the ultimate weapons across the franchise, I replayed the game many times over but never bothered getting more then a few that were easier then others. I'll probably end up doing it now on PC now.

Found it kind of fucked you don't even get an achievement for beating the Goers in the tournament, missed opportunity really.

Blitzball is fun to treat as a seperate game but I always hated playing it during the story. End game or bust

So this is the power of Final Fantasy X HD….

….wow

have one or the other dont use the fucking hybrid that feels shit

thats not the picture I posted what the fuck hotwheels
I dont even have it saved

I play on Low setting because my PC garbo, but I get solid 30fps at 1680x1050 so I don't really care much.

Some models just look terrible though, its kind of funny the game looks worse then PS2.

did that really make it past QA?

They smeared vaseline on all the low-res textures they didn't bother re-making.

Probably kept it in since its an iconic fuck up, I don't know what the kid says in jap.

If you fucked up the Jecht shot, you locked yourself out of blitz for good. Never mind the Luca match (which isn't really worth winning), winning the games for the unlocks afterwards will be a damn chore. It's really best to reload if you fuck up the Jecht shot.

It's like Woolsey lol because the translation is shit, so funny.

It's actually not a translation error.

Oh, someone said it was "a blitzball player" a while back. This is all Toriyama's fault.

You mean retarded.

Always got a kick out of this fight to see Seymours Overdrive.

no…each save file is 10 damned MB. I've only got a 500GB hard drive currently. I haven't upgraded yet. It's impossible for me to get the Jecht Shot unless I restart the entire game

how does it look on the highest settings?
Because those low settings make the PS4 version looks fantastic by comparison. Though SURELY Square wouldn't get the PC port the shaft, would they?

You realize you can learn the Jecht shot again, right? Just go to the ferry ship and touch the blitz ball on the front deck to start the minigame again.

Thats what I did after getting the airship.

I never knew this. My last save was before that Al Bhed Blitzball robot boss. I bet I can still go back to my ship and do that then..

BUT if for whatever reason the game won't let me, will winning/losing this blitzball game have any effect on the story's ending/major events in general?

Eh not really, it just gives you a power orb or whatever for leveling. Maybe the cinematic after the blitball game is slightly different, but the overall effect on the story is zero.

One thing that triggered me was the terrible lip lsyncing.
Did they do it better in the remaster?

Shit I never knew that either,

You get a Strength Sphere and minor cut scene tweaks, its really means fuck all at the end of the day other then knowing that majority of people lose. Really a lost opportunity to not have an achievement for it, I'd love to see how low the % would be on steam.

I think its the same, really good in some spots, non existent in others.

Get fucked, familam

smh

One question:
Does it have japanese voice option?

How am I supposed to get Lulu's Celestial weapon? I can't dodge 2 lightning bolts in a row, let alone 200. fml fam

cheatengine if you can

Dude blitzball ended up being my favorite part of FFX i hope squeeenix picks it up someday and makes an actually good blitzball game

Cheese is the way

That honor is being disputed between all 3 13s, both MMOs and MMO wanna be 12
FF last trully good game was 9

you can get on that same boat and redo the shot, but only after you've hit up Zanarkand and gotten the Airship.

Just go back to the same port in Besaid.

Might as well delete your saves.
Luca goers are literally the easiest team to go against, the fact Wakka managed to score a goal against Nimrook is a fucking accomplishment.

Erry time

Not when they're the first team you go against.

They start out with superior stats compared to you so they'll win pretty much every confrontation if you don't play keep away.

I'll never understand why people bitch the most about this mini game, although its heavily reliant on the first 4/5 balloons being placed on the right side.

Listen, I beat that yesterday and i have a complex understanding (opinion) of why it's annoying.

Basically, the RNG plays an enormous factor in the possibility of victory, I myself counted 3 out of 15 or so of the standard randomly generated balloon layouts which are attainable without getting hit by the bird or the trainer gaining an unfair early advantage.

The birds home in and spawn in a stupid rate, which normally isn't a problem but the last third of the course next to monster arena severly and brokenly nerfs your control but centering you if you try to move left or right due to a programming error which makes slight inclines act like a wall, pushing you back.

The game rightfully sucks your dick once you've done it because it knows how crap it's made and commends your autism.

The legit Chocobo test is the one under the cool looking temple, this one is actual broken garbage.

It actually got worse since they outsourced to some shitty chinese company instead of doing it themselves like KHHD
Any way, posting best cinematic

pls user even balloon RNG isn't that cruel, tap the directional instead of holding so the Chocobo doens't go full retard.

That damn corner is the real final boss, since most of the time you get chained by the fuckers.

Temple is def one of the best looking.

PLEASE tell me that's not the HD remake on the right

i'm emulating and it looks supreme

I play on Low texture since my PC is garbage, don't base the actual appearance of the game off my screens.

my PC is probably even worse man

hell i could emulate FFX well on my shithole laptop with a single core and an integrated graphics card about 6 years ago

what is your spec? I have a friend interested in the HD collection but if it runs/ looks any worse than webm related i'll tell him to just emulate it

ftfy fam

I'm running off a 400 dollar prebuilt tower I bought in the summer of 2013 if that tells you anything, some shitty radeon HD card. Wanted the remaster more for the shit that was never in the NA version of the game because I was to cheap to bother with importing it/haven't owned a sony console in a very long time.

Don't really give a shit about the appearance of the game, I care about stable frames which I have with this PC release, emulators have their own set of issues. Someone smarter then me could probably fix those issues but frankly I'm just happy to be able to play the game properly again. Solid 30 fps at 1650x1050 with no issues.

If your friend has a PC that isn't trash they can probably run the game at higher textures without issue, here is that location on LOW settings. Even then I think its worth the HD releases for the Expert Sphere grid plus the extra boss content.

And faceplanting Dark Bahamut to see what would happen. Heh

Got curious to see if I could run it on High at lower resolution

You're supposed to lose, but can win.

Honestly if you fucked up getting the Jecht Shot you're probably fucked because even with it it's a pain to win and mostly down to stalling after you get off a goal.

Honestly I'd just move on, you get to really kick some blitzball ass later in the game anyway, winning the first game is just sort of an easter egg for your second time through.

forgot the tidus chest eh? Or just wanted to get merked by Dark Bahamut?

So long as the port isn't downright awful i'm sure he'll be fine with it. The screenflash for random enemies often screws up on emulators if you need the speedhacks on anyways.

Although as a britbong I always forget that the US release didn't have the dark aeons and penance which killed hundreds of my childhood autism hours

It's hard and a bit RNG-ey, but on my most recent run it took 3 tries before I 3 - 0'd the Luca Goers, sure feels good, and the strength sphere you get is mad good for early level stuff.

Oh yeah, it's great if you can pull it off. Feels amazing to put those fucking Goers in their place too.

I hadn't done it until I was recently giving the Vita version a go. Super fucking satisfying even if it takes a few tries.

Morbid curiosity more then anything, I went back for the final destruction treasure, gotta get dat Anima. I only just beat Yunalesca.

I'm pretty hyped to finally be able to take on Penance. Seems all the recent PC ports jsut run straight up better then emulators though, which is nice to see.

Its so easy for Luca Goers to just grab the ball at the start and tunnel down, survive 3 tackles and score. Still takes me a few tries and I put more hours into Blitzball then I'm willing to admit. God bless the cheese though>>9328359

you going to be a man and spend 45 minutes wailing on him or are you just going to pay yojimbo out the arse?

Yes, but that also sets all the text to Japanese as well because FUCK YOU

I began to download the PC game with the shittiest connection ever and now i am at halfways and debating whether this was a good idea since i already did beat FFX International on PS2, and dropped X-2 out of boredom after messing with the debug menu. And tbh FFX lacked replay value.

Best was the intro, or Yuna's Dance

Beat the Goers on my second try yesterday.

First time I tried to play smart, so I kept passing to spread them out before getting the ball through and scoring. Then they just took the ball, gave it to some fucker with 13 shooting and he punted it past my retard of a keeper from the other side of the sphere. Three times.

So I reloaded, threw that shit to Tidus and bashed some fuckers in with a Jecht shot and hogged the ball until Wakka gets thrown in. Match resets, I lure their players out, long ball it to Wakka and shove a venom shot into the goalie then parked the fucking bus by wasting time with passes and random long shots.

Seriously, the RNG in this game will fuck you up unless you fuck it first.

Do it properly, I never even seen the Yojimbo KO ability since it just never seems worth it. Seems silly to spend hours getting your shit prepped to waste it.

You do what you gotta do. I completely forgot about Wakka showing up and had a shot going to the net as the cut scene triggered. At least Venom Shot is strong. Keepa is fucked even if he does end up having one of the highest SH in the game. I like to picture a random diehard Aurochs lifelong fan just waiting for his teams moment to finally succeed to become the best more or less overnight.

Still want a game with the journey of Jecht/Braska/Auron traveling Spira. Jecht having his drunk antics/character development while young Auron trying to reel him in all while Braska is having a grand ol time.

I'm not going to tell you how truly viable yojimbo is.

Beat the game normally but if you melt or are given a week to live, ol'jimbo has got your back, trust me.

what a faggot.

I wish people would stop being such faggots about these games. Only ones that are straight up bad is XIII trilogy, even then still positives to be had.

Wow is that the remaster? The backgrounds look terrible.

Not a remaster at all, android port to PC

looks like on an emulator using sharpening filters, i guess at least there is no visual stuttering but otherwise i'd rather emulate than play this crap even for free

How interesting user, you're very unique and special with an opinion like no other.

ditto

what do you mean? its the better of the 2

Thing that annoys me the most about the remake is it uses x cocks buttons, I have never even picked up an xbox controller and have no idea what the buttons mean when translated to non shit controller

Here's a shot I took at max texture resolution. There's still some minor artifacts from the shitty blur grease that the developers thought would be a good idea to slather all over half the game.