Was Treasure Planet set up by Disney to fail, or did it fail on its own regard? What do you think about Treasure Planet?

Was Treasure Planet set up by Disney to fail, or did it fail on its own regard? What do you think about Treasure Planet?

Hey Holla Forums

I liked it a lot, but i have not seen it in years so i cannot say really.

I wish I could say it isn't true, but people only remember it because of the googoo dolls song.

Reported for shill thread

What is there to shill? It's a ded movie, why not talk about it?

Fun fact, William DaFoe was going to be in the sequel, but Disney axed the sequel literally 30 minutes before he was to appear on set for voice recording.

There's nothing wrong with your thread, you just triggered the hey Holla Forums autist somehow.
That character looks neat though.
I think its lackluster advertising was partially to blame, but it also wasn't a terribly interesting movie overall, which is a shame because the setting had potential.

I remember that even as a kid, I didn't get very enthralled with this movie. It probably just wasn't that great.

I never saw it, but I never felt compelled to. "Treasure Island in Space" sounds like a boring idea to me.

Hey faggot webm that shit, quit shilling your jewtube channel nigger.

If it had its own standalone plot instead of a story everyone older than 5 had probably seen/read several other versions of by the time it came out it probably could've been a decent hit I think.

I liked it, but it pretty clearly had problems.
Specifically in regards to it failing, the lack of advertising + it coming out at a time when the general public was abandoning 2D in favour of 3D didn't give it much of a chance to begin with. Then there's the fact Jim's a moody teenager with abandonment/daddy issues, which wouldn't appeal to many small children, the demograph traditionally associated with Disney films, and the teenagers wouldn't care for the enforced levity with the movie's overabundance of comic relief characters, if they'd even go see a "kiddie Disney movie" at all.

Treasure Planet is a very unusual Disney movie. A nontraditional antihero, no love interest, even the villain was a subversion with how he bonded with the protagonist. It was a nice experiment and I'm glad to see it's gained somewhat of a cult following over the years, but by the schizophrenic tone of the movie (again, lots of comic relief characters in what should otherwise be a more serious adventure story - see also The Hunchback of Notre Dame) it's clear not even Disney themselves knew what to make of it, let alone the audience, and this worked to its detriment.

>>>/reddit/

How about starting a thread without advertising your fucking channel.

I highly doubt anyone is interested in advertising in a slow board on the slower and radical version of a chinese imageboard.

Personally, I think Treasure Planet is kino, if only for the art direction alone. Worth at least one watch

Hey look, its Holla Forums!

Same dude. Sad what happened to it.

Seriously, user, what now you faggot?

This, I really liked it as a kid but I've always had weird tastes.
My little sister got bored by it.

Jim is a trash protagonist

I think it failed mostly because it was so average, it wasn't particularly good but it wasn't really bad either. The movie just seemed bland and cliche even though there was a lot potential in regards to world building.

The fact that they used wooden ships in space was also stupid, they tried to do old world Caribbean pirates in space when they could have just gone with straight up space pirates and it would have worked much better, airships work but wooden spaceships just look stupid… also humans alongside furries is rarely a good combo, just use an all human cast or at least make the aliens foreign enough that they don't look like they belong at some Communist fur-fag convention.

The video-game is fucking great though.

The female captain ruined the movie.

What is it with faggots like you complaining about not having webm's for 30 fucking minute videos when the board has a hard 16MB limit? Do you want us to go to all the effort of transcoding this shit to 320x240 at 15fps to get this under 16MB?

^This is an example of basically why it failed, normalfags not getting pretty much anything about the thing.

its ugly and lumpy looking and the main characters eyes make him look like down syndrome.
0/10