Capcom Admits That Street Fighter V “Needed More Polish”

> For example, some aspects of "Street Fighter V" needed more polish, such as the lack of content and server issues at launch. Accordingly, we feel it’s better to give a little more time to development than before, and have made slight adjustments to our portfolio. Profits may take one or two years longer to stack up than initially expected, however we will be firmly strengthening our brands.

No fucking shit it needed more "polish." Also, more content or the rest thereof. Confirmed for financial blunder too.

techraptor.net/content/capcom-admits-street-fighter-v-needed-polish
archive.is/z75po

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Eujzf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like how the re-release of MVC2 sold more than SF5 did.

Are developers ever going to release complete games again?

I remember years ago when people were debating if online capabilities were going to ruin gaming, and people writing back and forth columns about it. And the con side was always "developers will have no incentive to release complete games because they can just add content later and hope for the best."

Turns out that's exactly what happened.

I use to think it was really cool when companies acknowledged they fucked up. Seeing as how they fuck everything up all the time, apologies don't mean shit.

SSF5 will happen and you know it. they will try to dress it up as "goty" edition of SF5 with extra optional content but it will happen.

Hindsight is 20/20 Capcom

Hasn't that been their model for awhile now? Ship out the base game, make a super version later with more options, and then maybe another super ultra edition before the sequel?

They said SF5 will be the only game, updated with DLC.
SSF5 will be out once they stop supporting SF5 and they can say they kept to the word since it'll be SF5 with all dlc on disk unlocked.

They said the same with SF4.
archive.is/Eujzf

Don't believe them. They will shit out another Version of the game, after they finish with their DLC bollocks.

B-b-but Ono promised there wont be a super version of SFV.
I believe in Goo senpai!

Just more reason to wait at least a year before buying ANY games these days. If you just operate as if the Ultimate/Complete/GOTY/whatever version is when a game actually releases, gaming isn't quite as bad, and it's almost like DLC never happened.

I've come to this same conclusion.

I doubt it will be Super or Ultra crap, I'm pretty sure they just going to use bundles with Season Passes, there is already SF5 Deluxe Edition, first bundle with Season Pass and base game. That's what you mean, right? If so, it was obvious from the start, when Season Passes were confirmed.

If you mean real DLC upgrades ala Ultra for SF4, it'd be really dumb. It makes no sense when they already introduced Season Passes which are DLC upgrades replacement. They will use this practice instead.

And mind you, SP for SF5 cost more than upgrades for SF4 and I think they will make them more constantly unlike DLC upgrades. It's even smarter because retards will buy SP regardless of price and quantity of SP just because it's not DLC updates anymore.

I though the reason of SFV being a lack of polish was due to the fgc bitching about if for the feburary (or was it march's) capcom cup? I thought that was the reason it was shipped with all those piss poor bugs and missing features

they released the game in its state for the FGC where only training mode and versus matters.

They forgot about the average gamer, which is fair to be honest since they kinda just buy, play for a week or less then forget about it.

The FGC doesn't give a fuck about the Capcom Cup. At least, it doesn't give a fuck if the Capcom Cup, or the game, get's delayed for 1 or 2 month.
For Capcom, however, it's problematic. The schedule for the tournaments is already planned, all around the world, and delaying the game means rescheduling all that shit, which cost money. Which is why Capcom asked for the game release to be rushed.

is meme fighter finally dead? can we for once talk about fighting games in public without some pissant hipster faggot squealing about "le guy L.'s theme xDD"?

no, fighting streets is the WoW of fighting games.

You'd think with a company like them being in such dire straights, they'd try to release their games in a better state.

BUT, MUH FGC!

Maybe that's why it failed as well, people know Capcom already that they'll do this shit.

Especially with Ultra Marvel VS Capcom 3.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom's announcement is what did me in.
Jew me once, shame on you. Jew me twice, shame on me

They didn't even cater to the fgc with the shitty legacy controller features and fuck-awful online and training modes.

Less than 5% of the fgc go to tourneys or events because only certain parts of the world really host fighting game stuff. If you're not in CA you're fucked when it comes to fighting games.

The biggest fuck you from Capcom was delaying a fucking skin pack for three months just to delete Magneto's "controversial" outfit…and not giving him anything in return. There was no legitimate reason to delay something that could have been done within 1-2 weeks.

That and SFxT made me boycott Capcom and their stuff.

BEATEN CAPCOM WIVES CONFIRMED OFICIALLY