Most Memorable Boss Fights

Not necessarily the best, the most memorable. You know what to do, post them.

This nigger right here. I loved having to listen and chase him and be all sneaky as fuck to kill his old fart ass. Kojimbo was right that time.

WE ARE THE DIAMON DOGS

That motherfucking flying sack boss from Shadow of the Colossus

This motherfucker right here. It isn't even the final boss, but the moment I entered the room I knew this was one of the most epic bossfights ever. Smooth animations, amazing interaction and the music to top it off.

He's more of a boss level than a fight since you don't really fight him and more flee while the place explodes, but this fucker terrified me as a kid.

I replayed the game recently. This asshole still scares me.

I wish more games these days made the things you do before you fight a boss go on some kind of prep quest that builds up the anticipation like with RE1.

It's a tie between snake and Plant 42, but I think the small cramped attic was a better place.

I know this game tried to be edgy as fuck, but the final bosses from Dark, Good and Final stories are iconic

Also Sturm in his final mission in the original Advance Wars is unforgettable.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD

SHED

THE MAN IN THE MIRROR NODS HIS HEAD

I was really excited when I saw this enormous thing walking in the desert above the mountains. The fight isn't really difficult, but it's still a boss that I'll always remember.

The most recent ones I can think of

Took me like 3 or 4 tries to beat these fucks way back.

This son of a bitch is a pain in the ass.

Dont monster battles count as "boss" battles?

Reminds me of when I played D2 as a kid. The Diablo fight was the most terrifying thing I'd ever seen in a game; I almost had a heart attack fighting him.

I thought he was the least interesting cyborg boss. The fight was too simple for the buildup.

(checked)
Just how surprisingly little margin for error and how if you lost, you'd get the shit beat out of you just fucked my head when I was young.

I think this was the most stressful experience I had with video games in my entire life. The controls just made it worse. I remember not having finished the game the first time I played it because of this level. Damn, even horror games never scared me that much. But then again I was young.

The controls weren't much of a problem for me as a kid, but I always got creeped out by his fucked up sounds that he roared at you. You could tell he was a monstrosity. It took me a couple years and another whole playthrough to beat that level too.

That game was full of the sort. Somehow got a rather good conveyance of terror. Still don't really know how they did it. Guess it was more of a gameplay type of deal.

Even if they don't, Rajang does
To this day I still have nightmares

Nintendo does pretty good finales.

The three-part Gannondorf fight at the end of Ocarina is pretty amazing. Fight Ganon old-school like the Phantom battle in the Forest Temple, then the "escape the crumbling tower" trope, then against three story tall Demon Ganon form without your main weapon.

Similarly, the finale to Super Metroid is awesome. Standard fight against Mother Brain like in the original Metroid. Then, WHATATWEEST, Mother Brain stands up on bipedal legs and starts a massive fucking shitshow that ends with you getting stomped. Then Babby Metroid shows up and sucks ass-kicking energy from Mother Brain and transfers it to Samus before being destroyed itself. This is all done in-game with no cut-scene, it's pretty amazing. Then Samus uses said energy surge to destroy Mother Brain and, once again, it's the "escape the crumbling tower" trope, but this time you're escaping a planet that's imploding, and you use a massive beam cannon to blast through walls and escape. It's still my favourite finale to any game ever.

thats what was good about it imo
a duel between two cyborgs, no gimmicks, just skill

This guy, it wasn't that hard, but it was a relentless beast chasing you with all its might.

Culex was fairly memorable. First, he is different from all the other characters in the game, being a FF reference (plus best boss music in the series). Second, it was a secret bonus boss. And third, he was WAY harder than any other fight in the game, even the final boss.

took me so long to beat this bitch, and i loved every moment of it

It was also a wonderful tribute to The Golden Voyage of Sinbad.

Looks pisseasy though.

Fuck this Cybrid

The guy doing it was pretty well set up for it. Had the lazy shells, which are basically a game breaking item.

Also remember its a game for children.

I keep remembering the Rakk hive in Borderlands way more than the tentacly final boss for some reason.

The final boss was fucking lazy, that's the reason.

As for memorable ones, I'll never forget that buildup to fighting Deviljho in vanilla tri is insane and every bit as terrifying as the word on mouth is.

Another boss that's terrifying is the SNES King of the monsters 2 final boss King Famardy.

jesus fuck.

Fuck this guy on dmd mode for real.
Virgil is a fucking cake walk compared to this.

Shredder…and all his clones

I always associate Super C with this thing.
Just a wide rake on the ceiling that shoots all its lasers in order, and moves back and forth.

It's such an underwhelming thing. At least the giant monolithic computer block with the orbs going around it had some build-up with the earthquake, and looked a little menacing. You just get taken to this thing with an elevator. It's just a fuckin' stubby little rake that shoots lasers.

This was an amazing way to finish the game. Throughout the entire game you hear talk of the great demon, lord blazer. And then, when you finish the 'final' boss, Ashley gets sent away to 'somewhere'. (Inside his own mind/space/some other dimension, the game never really say where you are.) and he has a long talk with lord blazer, what it means to be a hero, if it is just someone who just selflessly sacrifices himself for the sake of others, or if it is someone who brings people together for a common goal, a theme that is talked about trough the entire game. And then, Ashley draws the sword magess, a sword said to only be able to be drawn by a "true hero" and then the best music of all time starts playing. Lord Blazer is sorta like the Sephiroth you fight after safer Sephiroth, it's almost impossible to loose, but it still was a great finish.

The End is good boss fight until you can figure out you can pretty much just chase him around the jungle in a linear pattern with a shotgun.

Dark Matter in Kirby 64. O2 or whatever the name of the final boss was too.

You fool.

Don't you understand?

NO ONE

WISHES

TO GO ON

Killer7 didn't really have a final boss in the traditional sense, but it went from funny, stupid and unsettling to downright fear-inducing realization.

It's because that thing looks like a vaginus.

I'll go with this for now. Not my favorite, not even sure if it counts, but it was memorable.

Nah, fuck that. I guess the third colossus from SoTC. That one really stuck with me for some reason. Bird is a close second.

Fug, wrong Vergil.

aw fuck everytime i did this bossfight all you hear is yelling and button mashing

No character even close to her since.

I will never be the same

Still gives me chills

Ultros is a cheeky cunt in FFVI

The final scene with her was great, but the boss fights were probably the worst in the game.
The first one you just have to inch out and pray you can move the reticule fast enough.
The second you can just hide in the corner and blast her ass with nikita missiles.

But you got to love him, there's no hating a man with taste and humour

Yeah, he's a cheeky cunt and that's what makes him so memorable.

why would you post that?
well, now that you have, why not post more?

Even if you hate Undertale, there's no denying this music and the battle was iconic.

But I do agree. It had a great feeling of "you fucked up" to it

Is this Turtles in Time? I recognize the stage, but not the fight

Honestly, the fight was just fun, mostly because his poison attacks aren't really harder than other battles and actually can be used as a strategy.

Most memorable? Gotta be Shao Kahn, I can remember most of the things he says even now, and I haven't played mk in years.

Every boss fight in Revengeance. They are just so well done and merge incredibly well with normal gameplay mechanics.

Dagoth Ur is also amazing, a shame I couldn't chase away the mongrel dogs of empire with him.

most recently, the bloodborne DLC bosses knocked my socks off

This entire fucking stage and the final boss is amazing, it can't be explained in words, you have to see it for yourself

mah nigga, that entire fight is fucking hype as shit, especially the ensuing final boss fight where you fight the player ship from the previous game

Isn't she a Kurd?
That has to count for something

Also this bitch in Ace Combat Infinity on hard mode

I don't think I'll ever forget seeing Ludwig for the fist time. His music, his transformation, and his dialogue worked PERFECTLY together. Even if his fight was just one phase, he would still be memorable as fuck. My only complaint is that his concept is a bit derivative of Artorias, but Ludwig's execution is much better.

pretty much remember all the bosses of WOTLK, mostly because i have too many fond memories of it, spent too many years playing that shit

ma fucking nigga

Everything leading up to Tor made the last battle all the more amazing

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed

Megidolaon, severe almighty damage to all foes. Real fucking neat when your own persona has it, makes golden hands a breeze. But it's a nightmare when the enemy has it.

No, its the one that does status effects too. I was pissed when i died. So i grinded to lvl 70 and spent another 40 mins fighting it again.

You mean Night Queen? It's a terribly effective move, but it's easily countered with some soma (as long as MC doesn't die). I'd say dieing to charm or bad luck on hama/mudo is much more common.

Honestly, all 3 final fights were memorable

Also, embed related.

Thats the one. It killed me from full hp, fuck that boss but its so cool at the same time.

STANDING HERE

this. he wrecked me at first but once you get the hang of parry again it becomes fucking crazy.
My dad wondered how I could keep up the pace of the game.
I honestly don't know

came to post this, ==SON==

Say what you want about MGS4, but this fight was fucking great.

second pic for making you go through an almost literal hell and changing the boss theme on each form

thanks, i've been looking for this game for years

This one is amazing too. Really all the final bosses from jap games are memorable.

I will own the speed running record for this game if it kills me.

One man standing alone against an unstoppable killer bent on destroying the universe.

And you told her anime wasn't real. How could you lie to her like that?

Jyuzou in Fatal Shadows, he's the only boss in the entire series (Franchise killing last game aside) that can't be cheesed with consumables. It's a massive shock when it happens because the boss fights in the Tenchu series are fucking awful when you try to play them straight and the game rewards you for not learning the combat system because it's a stealth game, you get special items for never being seen through a mission, so you're utterly unprepared for the buttfucking he gives immediately after you've just dealt with another boss and a fairly long level.

Also Luca Blight in Suikoden 2.

3HP hell run felt fucking amazing once you beat it for the first time.

Both Ikaruga and R-type Final pull a "You can't shoot anymore" with their respective final bosses. I love that.

That is way too big for Pan's peter.

Shadow Queen from TTYD. The part when she ate the entire fucking audience caught me off guard.

That was a wonderful boss fight. Mainly because Jetstream Sam held his own against a full cyborg who suplexed a whole fucking Metal Gear.

His true form was fucking lame though. Wish it was just his regular form with more moves and shit.