Backlogs

I finished Binary Domain, looks like there is a golden ending I have to work for, still, this game has the worst controls I have ever used for a TPS on PC, I tried the 360 controller too and my aiming of course gets completely downgraded.

Not to mention the whole upgrade thing feels stupid and worthless, I hate when you basically just pump up numbers on your weapons instead of doing something more creative.

The story is good for what's worth, basically Blade Runner.

Anyone else has played it? also, topic (that is, backlogs) what's the last game you have played on your backlog?

I enjoyed it, and the controls aren't bad for me. I liked the upgrade system but I'm autistic and love watching numbers go up.

My last game was Crash Bandicoot 2, got to level 17 and quit for that day when I realized the bees were fucking stupid.

That one is on my backlog as well. I figure I'll probably be able to work through most of its faults due to my love for the Yakuza games.

As for the backlog:
Finally got around to playing and beating Ninja Gaiden Sigma, I absolutely loved it.

Played Razors Edge, didn't love that one so much and quit halfway through after I realized all they were doing was throwing waves of enemies at me with no reward and substituted actually difficult bosses with bosses that had to much life.

Played Star Fox 64 and absolutely adored it. Beat the regular version then went out and got the 3ds version and Zero. Haven't played Zero but I've 100% cleared 3DS.

Tomorrow I plan on playing Armored Core 4 Answer with the weird grip and a bit of Shinobi to see which one I want to complete next.

Going back and playing old vidya has rekindled my love for the hobby. I figure I have enough good old video games to play that I don't really need to concern myself with most of the new ones that will most likely either be a causal let down, or so bogged down by today's business practices that they aren't worth getting into anyways.

I've been playing through it and I fucking despise the mouse aiming. That being said, I loved the characters and setting so I've kept on playing. I'm not done, but I plan to finish it here soon.

You should be fine using a normal grip for 4A. The grip's more for V and Verdict Day.

Post vids of playing 4A with the V grip.

Current working on Legacy of Ys: Books I & II and Shadow Hearts: From the New World. Currently on Ys I of the former and will likely jump into Ys II afterward. Not sure what to play after FtNW though. I have a tendency to like to play through all the games (main series anyhow) I can in a series if it's one I enjoy before moving onto another one, but there's a lot in my backlog so I can't decide what to jump into afterward.

The bees are annoying, but it's made manageable by the ability to burrow into the ground and spin away any that come by to check out what's going on. The guys with the guns in secret section are annoying.

My problem is how I can't upgrade the pistol directly, apparently you upgrade the other alt weapons by upgrading the ones of your partners, on the other hand, the pistol's crosshair is horrendous, also, sometimes I do all the work and my teammates still complain and level down.

I will replay Binary Domain but I will also move onto other games, I will probably install RE:R1, Dread Out or Night Cry.

I figure I'll try both for the novelty of it anyways.

and are there videos of that or are you telling me to record a video, because I figure my first time playing with that control will look like Polygon playing NuDOOM

… Well, maybe not that bad.

I'm saying you should record a video of your hands while you're playing 4A with a grip that should not be. And the end result, too.

Or not. It's up to you.

Still wouldn't be as bad as Polygon playing Doomed.

I dropped it two hours in because it just felt like Gears of War with a better setting and limb damage, which I suppose could be neat if it wasn't for the generic TPS gameplay with regenerating health/cover and all that casual nonsense.

To be fair though I was expecting something like Vanquish because I had heard someone describe a "super fast Japanese TPS made by platinum" and associated it with this game which is why I bought it. PC PORT WHEN

It's an average game with some really good high points. The combat isn't anything special, but the enemy damage effects are some of the best in the world. The cast is solid, the story is surprisingly interesting, and it's a shame that it's pretty obviously not going to get a sequel or anything.

I'm just bummed out there's no new game+ or skippable cutscenes/dialogue. Makes the game a real chore to replay, especially if you want to grind up friendship points for the best endings. It deserves a sequel/hd remake a lot more than some of the games that do get them.

Recently I realized I was making some appreciable headway on my backlog in the past few months and I realized something: The only thing worse than having a huge backlog is not having a huge backlog. It's an odd conundrum.

I see, well, too bad, my complaint is only the control mapping.

Yeah, more or less.

If I had a good camera I would. I've got a friend who does video stuff for his church so maybe I'll see if he can help me with it.

Games were generally good up till 2007, so there will always be something else to play. I wouldn't worry about running out of vidya to much.

Ohhhh shit, here come dat backlog
Kill yourself.

Is it a meme?

That user is just being a retard. Ignore him.

Yeah, it's a great game.

I didn't have any problems for the M+K controls in Binary Domain except for when you control the big turret in the one boss fight and hack the robot.

If you're having trouble getting enough Trust with everyone there's a couple of spots in the game where you can just keep killing enemies and build a ton of trust for the teammates that are with you. Although there's one spot where you get punished and trust will go down if you try to do that.

Once you get some nanomachines and upgrades you're much more capable and aren't really forced to stick behind cover. Headshots help too because the other enemies will prioritize the robot over you so you get some breathing room to knock off even more heads. I hate the typical cover shooter gameplay you see in Uncharted, etc. but Binary Domain gives you enough leeway with your health that it's much, much more fun.

I loved the story and characters. The art design was also pretty damn great. Loved how all the robot looked and how they were semi destructible.

I do agree the controls are pretty shit especially the mouse smoothing. That one part where you had to drive the big robot was awful like
said. You had to move your really slowly when controlling otherwise the camera wouldn't keep up because of the smoothing. Also had the same stupid problem as Sonic Generation where you had to force the game to recognize integrated graphics cards.

I've seen a few people online say the bosses were too hard but I thought they were fine. I imagine they didn't use the shock charge at all because they were all pretty easy for me.

your mouse really slowly

What the fuck did you do? I had no problems with it whatsoever.

i've always meant to play the gothic series, but i just can't bother to spend too much time anymore
i'm slowly turning into a casual

Honestly the best thing to do with those two sections is to just use a controller. I think they designed the game for controller and just never bothered to fix those sections for Mouse. Pretty sure the console versions were released first.

Bosses were pretty much bullet sponges and half of the time damage is meaningless since they have scripted parts.

Middle mouse button to reload and use the EMP addon, Q for contextual focus, F for operating stuff, Spacebar for running, etc. is just very non-standard, not to mention the whole unskippable dialogue which would be more bearable if I wasn't forced to walk WAY SLOWER than my teammates, not being able to mess around, etc.

I agree they were needlessly long but they weren't hard. If you look online people had a ton of trouble with the Gorilla and Final Boss. They both weren't that bad.

Out of curiosity, how many third person shooters have you played on PC?

It's a little weird but it works. Run and Cover both on space sucks but nothing truly awful. I didn't have any problems with middle mouse being reload and Boson Charge. F and Q are pretty common buttons for contextual stuff.

I do agree that you should have been able to skip the in game dialogues. You can definitely skip the actual cutscenes, though, unlike what that one guy said.

This is a problem that has plagued games since Half Life 2.

I've been switching between Bloodborne and Gravity Rush Remastered. Down to 11 games left on the backlog, been feeling pretty good about it.

at least 3, not to mention a few on console, for starters, the "operate" button is usually the same as the one used for cover, the Q focus is kind of a waste, having the reload button mapped to the same as the EMP gun is also a little weird considering it would be easier to have a secondary fire toggle instead, the voice commands are OK I guess, also, the QTE button is not the same as operate/cover, actually I think that one is kind of underused.

Also, as a little nitpick, I wish I could switch weapons when I run out of ammo instead of going automatically on reload animation.

That or give us some freedom, as I said, I am forced to slowly walk in certain areas, they could have just as easily made the enemy spawn a little more scripted in that case.

Did any other weapons besides the rifle have secondary fire?
I don't remember.

Nope. Maybe there's something in the multiplayer though.

So it would be pretty pointless to give it its own button, wouldn't it?

I guess you could split them so that you could start and then stop a Boson Charge without being limited by the time it takes to reload but also still be able to charge up while reloading. The reload on your assault rifle is pretty quick anyway though. Plus middle mouse button is pretty damn convenient, one of the downsides of keyboard is having to move your fingers off of wasd to hit other buttons.

Pistol has burst fire after you get an upgrade, so it would be useful to toggle it, sniper rifles could use a second level of zoom.

I recently played Mother 3, I just wish the rom didn't have a weird issue with the rhythm combat.

I regret nothing.

Kind of stupid if you ask me, Dan is a wisecracker all the time and they can't take a joke? (wink wink)

Consider that your party is composed of 2 uptight britbongs, a serious lady who might be attracted to you, and Big Bo who probably wanted to make the joke himself before you stole it.

I've been working on Hard Corps Uprising, ArcSystem's take on a Contra game. This shit's wild and crazy hard and I love it. I just wish the base game had more than two characters, the three other characters are DLC and two of them have radically different playstyles.

Sounds interesting, I will check it, also, since I finished the game and everything else feels like a chore I am cheating my way out of the golden ending, still, the weapons feel worthless overall, every repeating rifle feels like a pea shooter.

Binary Domain was pretty pretty fun, but I couldn't be arsed to tweak the mouse sensitivity and ultimately played with it with my PS3 controller.

Anyways I picked up the Hotline Miami and Serious Sam collections during the recent sale. So far I've played through Hotline Miami 1 and finished up Serious Sam TFE HD.

Hotline Miami was pretty great I could see why it gets praised so much, and the game does a good job of keeping everything fair for the most part.

As for Serious Sam TFE HD, I'll be honest I wasn't the biggest fan of the original release and the HD remake doesn't do much to help that. For me these games feel like they were meant to played cooperatively or at least I wish the character movement was faster because some of these maps are fuck huge in the worst way. Still I'm going to force myself to play through them just say I did.